nikita_cun Publish time 2-9-2003 10:53 AM

niki memang minat giloss citer SS ni! rasanya dari citer pertama sampai yg latest ni memang niki ada collection dia...tapi paling citer nothing last forever...siap bleh meleleh tu bila baca....citer tell me your dreams tu pun bes...yg tak besnya, dah puas niki carik buku tu kat jb ni tapi tak jumpa.. last2 masa niki gi indon last month, terjumpa lak buku tu tapi dah translate bahasa indon..nak tak nak, beli la jugak...kalo ada sesapa nak jual second hand buku tell me your dreams, the sky is falling, bitau niki tau! payah nau nak dapat kat sini...

the sky is falling tu citer yg paling baru....sapa yg dah baca??

nikita_cun Publish time 2-9-2003 10:54 AM

sapa lagi ek author buku thriller selain sheldon?? korang bleh bitau tak? niki suka baca buku thriller la tapi so far yg paling best cuma SS jek..ada lagi tak yg best??

acid_angel Publish time 11-9-2003 11:31 AM

aku baru jer nak knal Sidney Sheldon nih....aku dah baca nothing last forever & criter pasal pompuan yg ader 3 personality tue....and i'm looking forward to read more from him......any suggestion..?

seribulan Publish time 22-12-2003 10:02 PM

a tribute to Sydney Sheldon n Harold Robbins (rip)..+ Frederick Forsyth (down my

Huiks...susah betoi nak dpt citer diorg nih
jenuh jelajah website...tak jumpa gak...

yg tau Harold Robbins nih dah mati...
citer dia yg bulan suka..novel dah lama
nih ...Stilletto...besh...espionage...

Sydney Sheldon nih ...ada lagik ker...
last book dier yg baca citer The Best
Laid Plans..besh gak nih...

yg lain2 dah blur..lamo tak baca...
time sekolah je...

ada sesiapa yg tahu n minat
diorg...pleez refresh my memori...:D
tq...

[ Last edited by seribulan on 22-12-2003 at 11:09 PM ]

Waikiki Publish time 22-12-2003 10:55 PM

err tak tau la.. sidney sheldon tu ade la jugak aku baca.. tapi harold robbins aku takpernah

tapi buku dia, yang aku pernah tengok jer tak pernah baca lagi..

Memories Of Another Day
The Carpetbaggers
The Raiders

seribulan Publish time 22-12-2003 10:59 PM

The Carpetbaggers...besh...
buat filem nih...George Peppard
berlakon...halamak...mna la buku
tuh pi....

seribulan Publish time 22-12-2003 11:06 PM

Sydney Sheldon jugak tulis
If tomorrow comes...citer
catburglar pompuan tuh...
dia byk buat skrip tv n filem..
baru ingat...

citer Bewitched kat tv tuh pon
kalo tak silap dia buat...
wah...thanx Kiki for jogging
my memories...huhuhuhuuuuu

seribulan Publish time 22-12-2003 11:08 PM

The Naked Face pon Sydney Sheldon...tell me my dreams..one more novel..

The Odessa File - Frederick Forsyth (SORANG lagiik yg besh)...

[ Last edited by seribulan on 22-12-2003 at 11:15 PM ]

seribulan Publish time 22-12-2003 11:16 PM

Rage of Angels...yg dijadikan miniseries...Jacklyn Smith
berlakon...besh gak....ditulis oleh Sydney Sheldon
n The Bloodline too....

[ Last edited by seribulan on 22-12-2003 at 11:18 PM ]

seribulan Publish time 22-12-2003 11:20 PM

ade plak Harold Robbins nih...

Harold Robbins (1916-1997) - originally Harold Rubin, also: Frank Kane

American novelist, who published over 20 books, which were translated into 32 languages and sold over 50 million copies. Among Robbins's bestsellers is The Carpetbaggers. It was loosely based on the life of Howard Hughes, taking the reader from New York to California, from the prosperity of the aeronautical industry to the glamour of Hollywood. It's prequel, The Raiders, appeared in 1995.

'The truth,' I said. 'Can't any of you tell the truth? Do you always have to manipulate others doing your dirty work for you when the truth is so much simpler?'
'That's show business,' Guy said glibly.
'I don't like it,' I said.
'You better get used to it if you're going to stay in it.'
(from The Lonely Lady, 1976)
Harold Robbins was born Harold Rubin in New York City, the son of well-educated Russian and Polish immigrants. His father was a successful pharmacist. Robbins was educated at the George Washington High School and after leaving off the school he worked at several jobs. According to widely spread, but mostly fabricated biographical anecdotes, he spent his childhood in an orphanage. By the age of twenty, Robbins had made his first million by selling sugar for the wholesale trade. At the beginning of World War II, Robbins had lost all his fortune. There is also a story, that he was widowed when his supposed Asian wife was killed by a diseased parrot.

Robbins married at a young age and moved to Hollywood where he worked for Universal Pictures, first as a shipping clerk. Later he became a studio executive. His first book Never Love a Stranger (1948) followed the rise of an orphan from the streets of New York , creating controversy with its graphic sexuality. In Philadelphia the book was banned. The Dream Merchants (1949) was about Hollywood's film industry, from the first stages to the sound era. Again Robbins blended his own experiences, historical facts, melodrama, sex, and action into a fast-moving story. "He leaned across the table. "Look, Warren, first of all, this picture will be the real thing. It won't run just twenty minutes, it will run more than an hour. Then there is something new that's just been developed. It's called the close-up." Never Leave Me (1953), Robbins' fourth book, is set in New York. In the story Brad Rowan, an owner of a small advertising firm, struggles against the temptations of money, sex, and power. Brad has been married twenty years, he loves his wife and children, but everything changes when he meets Hortense E. Schuyler: "Her face was not quite round, her cheekbones high, her mouth soft and generous, her chin not quite square, her nose not quite tilted, her teeth white and even, not dentist's even but human even." The Carpetbaggers (1961) was an international bestseller, a story of Jonas Cord, whose adventures must have amused Howard Hughes, for at least he did not sue the author. Several other characters were also easily identifiable. Later Jackie Collins made successful use of this narrative trick. Where Love Has Gone (1962) again used Hollywood gossips and personalities. The "sculptress" of the story was a thinly veiled Lana Turner. Later the actress answered Robbins and all scandal papers with her candid memoir The Lady, the Legend, the Truth (1982).

All eyes turned to her as she opened the door. For a moment she felt self-conscious, then with her model's walk she glided to the center of the room and slowly turned around.
'She's got a good clean figure,' the produced said.
'Not enough tits for me,' the pratfall kid chortled. 'I'm a T-man, myself.'
(from Stiletto, 1960)
From 1957 Robbins worked as a full-time writer. Although Robbins did not have success with literary critics, he believed he would be recognized as the world磗 best author sooner or later. "You got something going inside you," he wrote in Dreams Die First (1977). "Maybe it's the way you look at yourself. Or society. You're skeptical about everything. And still you believe in people. It doesn't make sense. Not to me anyhow." Of his many works perhaps the most acclaimed was A Stone for Danny Fisher (1951), a coming-of-age story set in New York in the Depression. The book was turned into a musical under the title King Creole (1958), starring Elvis Presley. Other books include The Betsy (1971), which centered on a shrewd business-minded racing car driver. Memories of Another Day (1979) was the story of a union leader with connections to the real life character of Jimmy Hoffa. The Storyteller (1982) took the reader into the world of religion, money, fame, and spiritual loss and redemption. "To give the devil his due, Mr. Robbins may have wanted to write a bristling expose of America's moneymaking televised ministries. But it is a certainty that this glitzy commercial novel will do nothing to stop the flow of millions of dollars into those churches' coffers. And other coffers as well." (Evan Hunter in The New York Times, September 5, 1982) Descent from Xanadu (1984) was the story of a rich industrialist who tries to find a remedy against ageing. Peter Andrews called in The New York Times (June 7, 1981) Robbins's novel Goodbye, Janette a "dirty book written in accordance with the demands of the form." This time Robbins set the story in Paris. Andrews noted that the books had many sex scenes, in which the characters "actually do things I wouldn't even talk about when I was in the Army."

Robbins was married five times. From 1982 he was obliged to use a wheelchair because of hip trouble but he continued writing. According to Lee Server (Encyclopedia of Pulp Fiction, 2002), Robbins's later years followed the devices of his own plots. He went broke, lost his wife, and wrote his books in the hope that they "would keep him in lobster and cocaine money." Stories tell how the author was locked in hotel suites without room service, to make him produce a sufficient number of typed pages.

Several of Robbins's books have been made into films, among them Never Love A Stranger (1958), dir. by Robert Stevens, The Carpetbaggers (1964), directed by Edward Dmytryk, The Betsy (1977), directed by Daniel Petrie, and Harold Robbins' Body Parts (1999), produced by Roger Corman. Harold Robbins died in 1997. His posthumously published novel, The Predators (1998), is a combination of A Stone for Danny Fisher and The Carpetbaggers. It depicts the life of Jerome Cooper, a scrappy Jewish kid who fights his way up and out of New York's infamous Hell's Kitchen and into the world of international business. The Secret continued the story of Jerome, and his son, Len. Jerome tries to keep his affiliations with organized crime a secret. His son becomes a lawyer and is gradually drawn into the world of his father. Never Enough (2001), about four friends and a crime, is based on Robbins's story ideas and was finished by a ghostwriter. Heat of Passion (2003) also gave work for an anonymous ghostwriter.

seribulan Publish time 22-12-2003 11:20 PM

Selected works:

Never Love A Stranger, 1948 - film (1958) dir. by Robert Stevens, starring John Drew Barrymore, Steve McQueen
The Dream Merchants, 1949 - Unelmien kauppiaat
A Stone for Danny Fisher, 1952 - film King Creole (1958), dir. by Michael Curtiz, starring Elvis Presley, Carolyn Jones, Dean Jagger, Walter Mathau
Never Leave Me, 1953
79 Park Avenue, 1955 - suom.
Stiletto, 1960 - film (1969) dir. by Bernard Kowalski, starring Alex Cord, Britt Ekland, Patrick O'Neal. A mafia melodrama about a killer who decides to quit his job. - suom. Stiletti
The Carpetbaggers, 1961 - film (1964) dir. by Edward Dmytryk, starring George Peppard, Carrol Baker, Alan Ladd, Bob Cummings, Martin Balsam. An old-fashioned melodrama, where a young playboy inherits an aircraft business, becomes a megalomanic tycoon and moves to Hollywood in his search for power. Set in the 1920s-30s. Alan Ladd's last film. Followed by prequel Nevada Smith (1966), dir. by Henry Hathaway, starring Steve McQueen, Karl Malden, Brian Keith, Arhur Kennedy. A revenge story where Smith goes after the senseless killers of his parents. Remade as a TVM in 1975, dir. by Gordon Douglas, starring Cliff Potts, Lorne Greene. - suom. Rahantekij鋞
Where Love Has Gone, 1962
The Adventurers, 1966 - film (1970) dir. by Lewis Gilbert, starring Bekim Fehmiu, Alan Badel, Candice Bergen, Ernest Borgine, Olivia de Haviland. Bloody adaptation of Robbins' novel, a revenge story set in a fictional Central American republic. Sex, drugs, and sadism.
The Inheritors, 1969 - Vallanperij鋞
The Betsy, 1971 - film (1977) dir. by Daniel Petrie, starring Laurence Olivier, Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Katharine Ross. A melodrama of an aged car manufacturer. - suom. Autokuningas
The Pirate, 1974
The Lonely Lady, 1976 - Kultanainen
Dreams Die First, 1977 - Lehtikuningas
Memories of Another Day, 1979 - Pomo
Goodbye, Janette, 1981
The Storyteller, 1982 - Tarinaniskij

seribulan Publish time 22-12-2003 11:48 PM

jenuh carik Sydney Sheldon ..masih tak jumpa

yg dpt Frederick Forsyth...

Frederick Forsyth Biography
Frederick Forsyth was born in August 1938 in Ashford, Kent, England, and was educated at Tonbridge school, and later Granada University, Spain. He started work as one of the youngest pilots in the RAF at the age of 19, serving from 1956 to 1958. For the next three and a half years he worked as a reporter for the Eastern Daily Press in Norfolk, before becoming a correspondant for Reuters in 1961, first in Paris, at the age of twenty-three, and then in East Germany and Czechoslovakia, locations which provided him with information for his first books. Returning to London in 1965, he worked as a radio and television reporter for the BBC. As assistant diplomatic correspondent, he covered the Biafran side of the Biafra-Nigeria war from July to September 1967, and this provided him with knowledge of international politics, and the world of mercenary soldiors. It was this work and related research that interested him with historical truth. In 1968 he left the BBC to return to Biafra, and he reported on the war, first as a freelance and later for the Daily Express and Time magazine.
In 1970, after nine years of an intense journalistic career, he decided to write a book using the research methods he had learnt while a reporter. This book, The Day of the Jackal, became an instant success, and spawned a career of many successful books.

Frederick Forsyth speaks fluent French, German and Spanish, and has travelled widely in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and these experiencies can be seen in the authenticity of his books.

seribulan Publish time 22-12-2003 11:49 PM

Novels...

The Biafra Story 1969
The Day of the Jackal 1971
The Odessa File 1972
The Dogs of War 1974
The Shepherd 1975
The Devil's Alternative 1979
No Comebacks 1982
The Fourth Protocol 1984
The Negotiator 1989
The Deceiver 1991
The Fist of God 1994
Icon 1996
The Phantom of Manhattan 1999
The Veteran 2001
Avenger 2003

Books Edited by Frederick Forsyth

Great Flying Stories 1991

Short Stories by Frederick Forsyth

Quintet
Other Short Stories

seribulan Publish time 23-12-2003 12:06 AM

Sydney Sheldon masih tak dpt...
KIV la dulu....cukup sampai di sini...

Waikiki Publish time 23-12-2003 01:15 AM

bulan, ko carik aper pasal sidney sheldon tu? cuba ko gi kat website kat bawah ni..

http://www.twbookmark.com/features/sidneysheldon/index.html

err kalau tak membantu sori lah yer.. hik hik hik..

seribulan Publish time 23-12-2003 07:19 AM

Tanx kiki lala...heheheheh...akhirnya dpt pon info..

Sidney Sheldon, has garnered international praise and recognition in four diverse fields. The winner of an Oscar, a Tony, and an Edgar Allan Poe Award from the Mystery Writers of America, Sheldon has over 200 television scripts, twenty-five major motion pictures, six Broadway plays and fifteen novels (which have sold over 300 million copies) to his credit, ranking him as one of the world's most prolific writers.
With each of his books having hit #l on the New York Times bestseller list, Sheldon is one of the three best-selling authors alive today. According to The Guinness Book of Records, "The world's most translated author is Sidney Sheldon, whose books have been distributed in more than 180 countries in 51 languages." These include Russian, Turkish, Hungarian, Chinese, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Korean, Hebrew, Greek and Indonesian. Sheldon is one of the few major authors to have most of his novels filmed as major motion pictures or blockbuster miniseries for television.

A master storyteller, Sheldon regards his becoming a writer as something of a miracle. "I was born in Chicago during the Depression and both my parents were third grade drop-outs," he recalls. "My father never read a book in his life and I was the only one in the family to complete high school."

Sheldon's talent was first recognized when he worked in the checkroom at the Bismarck Hotel. He gave the orchestra leader, Phil Levant, a song he had written. Levant liked it, made an arrangement for it, and for many nights thereafter, Sheldon would hear his song being played while he checked hats and coats.

Deciding he wanted to be a screenwriter, Sheldon left for Los Angeles at age 17, promising his parents he would return in three weeks if he had not found a job. Going to the gates at each of the major studios, Sheldon asked whom he should see about becoming a writer. The guards all told him the same thing, "You don't see anybody."

Hearing that busy producers often needed script readers, Sheldon wrote and submitted a synopsis of Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men to all the studios. He heard back from all of them within three days. Sheldon went to work for Universal Studios as a reader for $17 a week. While there, Sheldon and a collaborator, Ben Roberts, worked on their own original stories in their spare time, eventually writing a number of "B" pictures for Republic Studios.

Joining the Air Force during World War II, Sheldon earned his pilot's wings. Upon his discharge, he began to write for Broadway, and at age 25 had three musical hits simultaneously playing on the Great White Way--the revised "Merry Widow," "Jackpot" and "Dream with Mule". Next came "Alice in Arms" starring Kirk Douglas in his first Broadway appearance, and later, "Redhead" with Gwen Verdon, for which Sheldon won a Tony Award.

Returning to Hollywood, Sheldon established a tremendous track record over the next 12 years as a successful screenwriter at both MGM studios and Paramount Pictures. Winning an Academy Award for "The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer" starring Cary Grant, he also wrote 25 films including "Easter Parade," with Judy Garland and Fred Astaire, "Annie Get Your Gun," "Jumbo," and Anything Goes" with Bing Crosby.

After leaving MGM as a writer/director/producer, Sheldon became involved in the fledgling television industry when ABC asked him to create a show for a young actress named Patty Duke. The end result was "The Patty Duke Show" for which he wrote an unprecedented 78 scripts over two years. He then created, wrote, and produced the smash hit series, "I Dream of Jeannie" and at one point was turning out two scripts a day when the two shows' schedules overlapped during the 1965-66 season. "Jeannie" brought Sheldon an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Writing Achievement in Comedy and ran on NBC for five years. He also created the extremely popular series, "Hart to Hart."

Making the switch from screenwriter to author, Sheldon's first novel, The Naked Face was sold to William Morrow after being turned down by five different publishers. A critical success, it was described by the New York Times as "the best mystery novel of the year," and earned him an Edgar Allan Poe Award. His second novel, The Other Side of Midnight was a huge hit and firmly established him as a best-selling author. Each of his successive novels, A Stranger in the Mirror, Bloodline, Rage of Angels, Master of the Game, If Tomorrow Comes, Windmills of the Gods, The Sands of Time, Memories of Midnight, The Doomsday Conspiracy, The Stars Shine Down, Nothing Lasts Forever, Morning, Noon & Night, The Best Laid Plans and Tell Me Your Dreams have been megasellers in both hardcover and paperback. On September 12, 2000 his new novel, The Sky is Falling will hit the bookstores.

During the 25 years that Sheldon has dominated bestseller charts, his books have been banned, burned and branded as "immoral" by such extremists as the Reverend Jerry Falwell and the Reverend Tom Williams and their supporters. Sheldon is an avid crusader against all forms of censorship and has been a strong advocate for freedom of the press.

A national spokesperson for the Freedom to Read Foundation, Sheldon has also launched student newspapers at Erasmus Hall, a Brooklyn high school, and Theodore Roosevelt High School in the Bronx. He is a major contributor to and active participant in charities related to literacy and helping the homeless. He is also the past National Spokesman for Libraries For the Future.

In 1985, Sheldon suffered the passing of his first wife of over three decades, Jorja Sheldon. A prominent interior decorator whose works were featured in top design magazines, she had enjoyed a major stage and film acting career prior to marrying Sheldon.

Their only child, Mary, an Oxford graduate, has followed her father's footsteps into the literacy world. A published poet at age 16, her first novel, Perhaps I'll Dream of Darkness was published by Random House. She has currently released a new novel titled Halfway Home. An Oxford graduate, Mary has also completed Rosemary is for Remembrance and The Tennessee Waltz and has succeeded her father in winning the Brandeis University Library Association Award.

In 1989, Sheldon married Alexandra Kostoff, a former child actress and more recently, an advertising executive. Alexandra helps her husband in his extensive research, which takes them to countries all over the world. The Sheldons divide much of their time between their homes in London, Palm Springs and Los Angeles.

Strawberry Publish time 24-12-2003 02:45 PM

Bery ade semua koleksi buku shidney sheldom nie.. buku baru dia berjudul, the sky is falling... oklah, tp tak sebest Tell me Your dream.. He started as a script writer.. byk kan drama yg dia tulis and jadi pengarah. Yg bery ingat... I dream of jeanie... penah tgk documentari psl dia kat Astro that day.
Dia nie jenis yg geek sket, sampaikan org tak percaya mcmana dia bleh hasilkan cerita2 18sx yg terlampau kat dlm novel2 dia.. And he is so loyal to his wife... bila wife dia mati, org nak match makingkan dia tp dia taknak. sampailaa kawn baik dia kenalkan dia kat adik perempuan dia...

deaf4ever Publish time 24-12-2003 06:17 PM

Originally posted by seribulan at 22-12-2003 10:02 PM:
Huiks...susah betoi nak dpt citer diorg nih
jenuh jelajah website...tak jumpa gak...

yg tau Harold Robbins nih dah mati...
citer dia yg bulan suka..novel dah lama
nih ...Stilletto...besh...es ...

my humble opinion,

Sidney Sheldon ni tulis simple English. Jadi syok la baca dulu2 zaman jahilliah.
Harold Robbins ni tak minat la. Cam meleret2 tulisan dia.

seribulan Publish time 29-12-2003 05:25 AM

apa2 pon citer diorg
besh la...

yg ingat besh tu ler...

STILLETTO
CARPETBAGGERS(Robbins)

DAY OF THE JACKAL(Forsyth)

Sydney Sheldon byk...

j_adore Publish time 29-12-2003 04:01 PM

dulu 1st novel english yg saya bace, If tomorrow comes.. so kirenya thanks to sidney sheldon le ambe minaatttt sgt membaca.. skrg ni w/pun dia bukan lagi fav author.. tetap ingat sgt buku if tomorrow comes tu...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
View full version: Sidney Sheldon

ADVERTISEMENT