herysulaiman Publish time 23-10-2010 12:49 AM

Mana keadilan buat Mislina!?

Best actress nominee Mislina Mustaffa talks about the controversy in Zaiton : ceritaku

by Bissme Bissme Bissme on Friday, October 22, 2010 at 12:17pm

Mislinatalks to the sun about the latest controversy. Here is the lnk
http://www.sun2surf.com/article.cfm?id=53199

Ttitle : The deepest cut of all
Best actress nominee Mislina Mustaffa finds herself having to defend her performance in her latest movie, Zaiton: CeritakuBY BISSME S.Mislina isone of the best actress nominees at the Malaysian Film Festival this Sunday. She was picked for her performance in the Chris Chong-helmed Karaokeone of the few local films that was shown at the Cannes Film Festival last year, and stands a good chance of taking the award.But not everyone is impressed with this talented actress. Bruang Film Sdn Bhd apparently is unhappy with her leading performance in its film, Zaiton: Ceritakua biopic on Zaiton Sameon, the 80s singing sensation. There are rumours that the producers plan to reshoot the whole film."Well, they can the reshoot the film without me," the 39-year old actress declares calmly in an exclusive interview with theSun "It is odd that they are judging the film even before it is properly edited. They are re-shooting this film just to feed their egos."She says she is not being arrogant by refusing to do the reshoot. "I have put a lot of hard work and commitment into the role, and even shaved bald for it."If the producers were not happy with my performance, they should have said so during the filming stage. Why complain now after the shoot is over?" She is also puzzled why they are highlighting the negative aspects of the film to the media. "I can’t help thinking it’s their way to gain publicity for the film," she says, adding that "sometimes publicity like this can backfire terribly".One of the complaints involves her performance – that she was stiff and did not get under the skin of her character."I am not worried about what they say about my performance," Mislina says. "Let the audience be the judge.""But then again, a film is always at the mercy of the film editor. No matter how good the film is if the editing is bad, the movie will turn out to be bad and vice versa."I think the problem here is that people expect you to be over-dramatic with your expression. That is the old style of acting. Sometimes subtlety works better."It is strange that Malaysians can accept subtlety from Hollywood actors but when you do the same here, they will say you didn’t get in character."Mislina refuses to be worried about her reputation as an actress being tarnished by the criticisms or that her career might be affected by all the brouhaha over the movie."If I do not get any more acting offers after this, I will not be worried," she says. "I can find other ways to survive. I am very bohemian. I have no car, no big houses and no big debts. I can survive on very little."God has given all of us more than one talent. What happens is that many of us become lazy to explore our other talents. We want to stay in our comfort zone.I am always more than an actress."Mislina insists she is never one to talk to the press about her problems with her producers."I was supposed to work with the late Yasmin Ahmad in her second film, Gubra," she says. "But at the last minute, there was some misunderstanding between us and I was left out from the movie."My friends kept asking me to hold a press conference to explain my side of the story. But I don’t want to do that. Till today, nobody knows about our conflict."I know when you speak to the press about such matters, it will get out of hand. You will become too emotional. You might say things in the heat of the moment and then regret doing it."If I have gone to the press, my relationship with Yasmin would have been ruined forever. I would have regretted that. Instead, we worked together again in her last movie, Talentime."
"Sometimes, the best thing to do in conflicts like this is to lie low."
SOUNDBITES
On HerFuture Plans

"I will be one of the speakers at the Second Congress of Asian Women Studies taking place in Penang from Dec 9to 11. Next year, I plan to do my masters in Gender Studies."
On glamour and acting
"I didn’t become an actress because I wanted a glamorous life. I became an actress because I like acting … I want to educate people… I want to work in the community."
Lessons in life
"I want to educate people that life is more than having materialthings … Life is more than having branded bags, a BlackBerry ora big car."

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs097.snc1/5171_93615478578_698818578_2062844_878080_n.jpg

herysulaiman Publish time 23-10-2010 12:51 AM

imbasan:

"I will be one of the speakers at the Second Congress of Asian Women Studies taking place in Penang from Dec 9to 11. Next year, I plan to do my masters in Gender Studies."

On glamour and acting
"I didn’t become an actress because I wanted a glamorous life. I became an actress because I like acting … I want to educate people… I want to work in the community."

Lessons in life
"I want to educate people that life is more than having materialthings … Life is more than having branded bags, a BlackBerry ora big car."

herysulaiman Publish time 23-10-2010 12:52 AM

jika Mislina tu seorang actress cantik jelita seperti Fauziah Ghouse, pastinya penerbit sayang gila kan?

immortallez Publish time 23-10-2010 12:54 AM

dia ni aku ingatkan dah tua baya2 kismah johar tu

harisbee Publish time 23-10-2010 01:03 AM

sapa mislina ni? mak org ker?

maxim Publish time 23-10-2010 01:08 AM

boleh x explain elok2 ape yg gossipnye kat sini? :o

aku rase cam nak lempang diri senirik lepas bukak thread2 ciptaan ko

syabee Publish time 23-10-2010 01:21 AM

gosipnyerrr???????????

KumbangPolkaDot Publish time 23-10-2010 01:27 AM

aku dah boring pagi2 buto ni...igtkan bkk thred nih ada gossip best tapi nan hado jah :mad::mad::mad:

maxim Publish time 23-10-2010 01:29 AM

gosipnyerrr???????????
syabee Post at 23-10-2010 01:21 http://mforum.cari.com.my/images/common/back.gif

mntak momod chewan tlg explain ape gossipnyer ;P;P
weols suma kat sini x paham artikel BI ;P;P

Risma Publish time 23-10-2010 01:33 AM

alahhhh korang nihh... buat2 tak faham BI pulak........

penerbit citer zaiton tuhh tak puas hati dengan lakonan si mislina nihh.... katanya filem tuhh nak dibuat semula (dengan pelakon lain kot):L

dlaboutiquenspa Publish time 23-10-2010 03:18 AM

Reply 10# Risma

oloh...kesian mislina...
ape ke hal ?...byk budget nak wat balik....hehehe

skymania Publish time 23-10-2010 05:03 AM

nih pompuan yg tonggek melentik montotnyer dlm thread sblm2 neh ker??:lol:

yg ader remy sehak skali tuh...:lol:

skymania Publish time 23-10-2010 05:04 AM

pompuan neh la kan???:lol:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l271/richie_205/mislina-mustaffa.jpg

chempaka_ku Publish time 23-10-2010 05:56 AM

dia ni kerja apa sampai boleh jadi one of the speakers?

Kiesh Publish time 23-10-2010 07:12 AM

tonggeknyaaaa ponggong diaaaaa .............kenapa yaaa :cf:

cmf_yipun78 Publish time 23-10-2010 08:18 AM

39 years old? dah dapat peluang tu x yah nak ego ler... kang dah xde publisiti nak anikkan diri kang meroyan gak.... :re:

rayna_raynes Publish time 23-10-2010 08:29 AM

Dia kata: orang malaysia ni pelik. kalauberlakon secara 'selamba' (ok aku tak tau ape subtle dalam BM, shoot me), dikata tak menghayati watak. Kena over acting (read: Fauziah Nawi) baru dikatakan menghayati watak..

Dia kata lagi: Iols berlakon bukan sebab nak glam uolsss.. Iols berlakon sebab iols minattt...

scrocth Publish time 23-10-2010 08:41 AM

the article is very simple..she is trying to speak up her mind on the controversial issue regarding on the so called bad quality filming as proclaimed by the producer.
aku rasa better ditayangkan dulu barulah boleh wat judgement..pastu ko nk reshoot semula lantakla...i don't think mislina akan buat kerja sekadar melepaskan batuk di tangga..knowing her, she's very selective with her jobs, and berdasarkan gambar2 footage filem tuh sndri aku bole agak she's doing superb in this movie...

PLZ...aku mmg tak sabar nk tgk citer nie sejak hari 1st press conference lagi sbb ZAITON SAMEON herself was a phenomenal back in the 80's. Paling aku xsbr nk tgk mcm mana diorg imbas Juara Lagu 87 tuh..adakah ada watak cameo utk sudirman? khaty ibrahim mahupun noorkumalasari sbg pengacara pd malam tuh? and of course adegan tragedi kemalangan...bila semua wartawan tmasuk mama juwie yg bertunggu tangga kt hospital KL and rakan2 artis spt raja ema yg sdg menunggu di luar bilik ICU..

calico Publish time 23-10-2010 08:43 AM

mislina nie sape huh..mcm penah tgk

zehra2 Publish time 23-10-2010 09:27 AM

napa producer nak re shoot citer zaiton sameon tu? sbb tak puas hati dgn fauziah nawi kan.. abis tu part mislina tu nak shoot semula ke??
pd aku mislina ni dah ada level dia sendiri dlm dunia film malaysia ni.. wlu pun kurang nilai komersil tp, dia pun bukan jenis pelakon tempelan..
tak salah sbg pelakon dia ada ego.. sbb itu nilai intergriti dia.. tgk lah dgn sapa dia selalu bekerja.. sekumpulan artist yg tak memerlukan nilai glamour tp sgt dipandang kerana seni lakonnya..
aku harap film zaiton ni takde lah jadik mcm film dua alam tu.. dok berkompang sana sini kerana karenah produser..:I
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
View full version: Mana keadilan buat Mislina!?

ADVERTISEMENT