CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: matz_rockz

anything to share,your thoughts,feelings anything under the sun....

[Copy link]
Post time 21-7-2004 10:34 AM | Show all posts
Put the Glass Down
============

A lecturer was giving a lecture to his student on stress management.

He raised a glass of water and asked the audience, "How heavy do you think this glass of water is?"

The students' answers ranged from 20g to 500gm.

"It does not matter on the absolute weight. It depends on how long you hold it.

If I hold it for a minute, it is OK.

If I hold it for an hour, I will have an ache in my right arm.

If I hold it for a day, you will have to call an ambulance.

It is the exact same weight, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes."

"If we carry our burdens all the time, sooner or later, we will not be able to carry on, the burden becoming increasingly heavier."

"What you have to do is to put the glass down, rest for a while before holding it up again."

We have to put down the burden periodically, so that we can be refreshed and are able to carry on.

So before you return home from work tonight, put the burden of work down. Don't carry it back home. You can pick it up tomorrow.

Whatever burdens you are having now on your shoulders, let it down for a moment if you can.

Pick it up again later when you have rested...

Rest and relax.

Life is short, enjoy it!!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-7-2004 10:36 AM | Show all posts

me n crank

If you are a Turtle: You are near to perfect and nice at heart.The examples of your kindness are always circulated in groups of people.You, too, love peace. You wouldn't like to retaliate even to a person who is in the wrong. You are loved due to this. You do not wish to talk behind one's back. People love the way you always treat them. You can give, give and give love, and the best part is that you do not expect it back in return.You are generous enough.Seeing things in a practical light is what remains the best trait of you guys.

hidung crnk dgn aku tetiba kembang semangkuk.....

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2004 02:47 PM | Show all posts
Before marriage.. I die for you..
> >* After marriage.You die, up to you.
> >* Lagi lama married.. You die I help you!
> >
> >* Before marriage.. You go anywhere..I follow you.
> >* After marriage...You go anywhere..up to you.
> >* Lagi lama married...You go anywhere...better get
>]       lost!!
> >
> >* Before wedding -
> >* "you are my heart, you are my love"
> >* After wedding -
> >* "you get on my nerves."
> >
> >* Before wedding -
> >* "you are sweet and kind just like Cinderella"
> >* After wedding -
> >* "you are worse than godzila."
> >
> >* Before wedding -
> >* Roses are red, violets are blue
> >* Like it or not, I'm stuck with you
> >* After wedding -
> >* Roses are dead, I am blue
> >* You get on my head, I will sue you
> >
> >* Before wedding -
> >* Every makan he brings you to Shangri-La
> >* After wedding -
> >* You want to go, he says you wait-la
> >
> >* Before wedding -
> >* She looks like Anita Sarawak
> >* After wedding -
> >* Don't know whether katak or biawak
> >
> >* Before wedding -
> >* Weekends at Cameron, Genting and Fraser's Hill
> >* After wedding -
> >* Furthest you go is Gasing Hill
> >
> >
> >* Before wedding -
> >* He opens the car door
> >* After wedding -
> >* He opens his mouth and snores
> >
> >* Before wedding -
> >* She / he was your ideal
> >* After wedding -
> >* She / he becomes your ordeal
> >
> >* So beware of the consequences.........haha.....
 >

> >   Love begins with a smile,
> >   grows with a kiss,
> >   and ends with a teardrop^^

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2004 03:52 PM | Show all posts
Once upon a time, there was a king. The king liked one of his
Followers very much because he was very wise and always gave very useful advice.
Therefore the king took him along wherever he went.
One day, the king was bitten by a dog, the finger was injured and
the wound was getting worse. He asked the follower if that was a bad
sign. The follower said, Good or bad, hard to say'. In the end,
the finger of the king was too bad that had to be cut.
The king asked the follower again if that was a bad sign. Again,
the follower gave the same answer, 'Good or bad, hard to say'. The
king became very angry and sent the follower to prison.
One day, the king went hunting in the jungle. He got excited when
he was on the chase of a deer. Deeper and deeper he went inside
the jungle.In the end he found himself lost in the jungle. To make thing worse,he got captured by the native people lived inside the jungle.
They wanted to sacrifice him to their god. But when they noticed
that the king had one finger short, they released him immediately
as he was not a perfect man anymore and not suitable for sacrif ice. The king managed to get back to his palace after all. And he finally; understood the follower's wise quote, 'Good or bad, hard to say'.
If he hadn't lost one finger,he could have been killed by the native
people.
He ordered to release the follower, and apologized to him.But to
the king amaze, the follower was not mad at him at all. Instead,
the follower said, 'It wasn't a bad thing that you locked me up.'
Why? Because if the king hadn't locked the follower up, he would
have brought the follower along to the jungle. If the native found
that the king was not suitable, they would have used the follower.
Again,the quote 'Good or bad, hard to say' stands.
The moral of the story Everything that happens in this world, there is no absolute good
or bad. Sometimes good things turned out to be bad things eventually,
while bad things become a gain.
Whatever good things that happen to you, enjoy it, but don't have
to hold too tight to it, treat it as a surprise in your
life.Whatever
bad things that happen to you, don't have to feel too sad or despair,
in the end, it might not be a total bad thing after all.
If one can understand this, he or she will find life much easier.:bodek::bodek:

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2004 04:00 PM | Show all posts
u all da try m&m yang black and white? lawah eh packaging dia..the choc  plak tengok macam reversi nyer counters.. hehee.. tengah makan ni..tapi taste sama ajer la.. sekarang ader macam2 eh keluar.. mint nyer time out.. chocettes .. tadi i makan picnic chocettes .. ok jgk la.. not too bad..:love:

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2004 04:16 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SweetCandy at 21-7-2004 04:09 PM:

aisyeyman buat sc tempting nak mamam chocolat, tadi baru sc makan ice-cream

makan ice cream?? cakap pasal ice cream.. ader kan dis one brand i tak tau aper.. kat tangs and taka dua dua der...dia ader macam2 flavoursss.. selalu pegi town beriya iya nak try tapi... selalu lambat and forgetful .. by the time teringat da tutup .. u all pernah try crepes and cream? sedap jgk la and the layout is sooo lawah.. macam tak sampai hati nak makan gitu..:lol

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 22-7-2004 10:38 AM | Show all posts
smlm sc tengok wayang crita connie & carla, u guys shld watch it kelakar betul, kisah these two gerls pretend to be bapok & they all have to entertain the bapok & gays in this one club in los angeles. kelakar bis.the show is opening tomorrow at all theatres. lepas show, sc gi beach mamam tulang heheh;)

Use magic Report

Post time 22-7-2004 12:02 PM | Show all posts
the list touched my heart, brought back so many memories....

Subject: 50 Things About Your School Days (1974 - 80's)

Those where our childhood, those were the days!!  School During Our Time (very touching esp for those born 1974-early 80's) brings fond memories back...
School-life during our time....

01. You grew up watching He-man, MASK, Transformers, Silverhawks and Visionaries. Not forgetting, Ninja Turtles, My Little Pony and Smurfs too.

02. You grew up brushing your teeth with a mug in Primary school during recess time. You will squat by a drain with all your classmates beside you, and brush your teeth with a coloured mug. The teachers said you must brush each side 10 times too.

03. You know what SBC stands for.

04. You pay 40 cents for Chocolate or Strawberry MILK every week in class.

05. You watch a popular Malay dubbed Japanese drama on RTM1 about schoolgirls who possess powerful skills in volleyball called Meoro Attack and another   one called Oshin or those 3pm chinese drama serials on ch8 with the likes of Aileen Tan, Zoe Tay & Cherie Lim.

06. You find your friends with pagers and handphone coo l in secondary school.

07. SBS buses used to be non-airconditioned. The bus seats are made of wood and the cushion is red. The big red bell gives a loud BEEEP! when pressed. There are colourful tickets for TIBS buses.The conductor will check for tickets by using a machine which punches a hole in the ticket.

08. Envelopes given to us to donate to Sharity Elephant every Children's Day.

09. You've probably read Young Generation magazine( you know who's Vinny the little vampire and Acai the constable) or those lame bookworm gang bookz.

10. You were there when they first introduced MRT here. You went for the first ride with your parents and you would kneel on the seat to see the scenery.

11. Movie tickets used to cost a mere $3.50.

12. Gals are fascinated by Strawberry Short Cake and Barbie Dolls.

13. Miss ing Sesame Street or The Electric Company was a mortal sin.

14. You longed to buy tibits called Kaka, Tora and Ding Dang, that had a toy in it and it changes every week not forgetting the 15 cents animal crackers and the ring pop, where the lollipop is the diamond on the ring. And chewing gum was not banned!!!

15. You watched TV2(also known as Channel 10) cartoons because Channel 5 never had enough cartoons for you.

16. Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, The Three Investigators, Famous Five and Secret Seven are probably the thickest story books you ever thought you have read.    Even Sweet Valley High and Malory Towers.

17. KFC used to be a high class restaurant that serve food in plates and let you use metal forks and knives and you get a free pirate plastic hat everytime you ate at Long John Silver.

18. The most vulgar thing you said was idiot or st upid and THE MOST EXTREME WAS 'super white'...you just couldn't bring yourself to say the hokkien relative.

19. Playing catching was the IN thing and twist as the magic word.

20. Your English workbooks was made of some damn poor quality paper that was smooth and yellow.

21. CDIS were your bestfriend.

22. The only computer lessons in school involved funny pixellised characters in 16 colours walking about trying to teach you maths.

23. Waterbottles were slinged around your neck and a must everywhere you go.

24. Boys loved to play soccer with coulourful small plastic balls in the basketball court.

25. Teng-teng, batu lesung, hopscotch, hentam bola, one-leg and zero point were all the rage with the girls and boys too...

26. Science was fun with the balsam and the angsana being the most important plants of our lives, guppies and swordtail being the most important fish. Hai....

27. Who can forget Ahmad, Bala, Sumei and John, eternalized in our minds from the textbooks. Even Mr Wally & Mr. Yakki. What abt Miss Lala??? And of course...Zaki and Tini in Malay Textbooks...

28. We carry out experiments of our own to get ourself badges for being a Young Zoologist/Botanist etc.

29. Every children's day and national day you either get pins or pens with 'Happy Children's Day 1993' or dumb files with Happy National Day 1994'.

30. In Primary six you had to play buddy for the younger kids like big sister and brother.

31. We wore Panda, BM2000, BATA or Pallas shoes then moved on to Paichi & US Masters in sec school.

32. Your form teacher taught you maths, science, english, social studies & health education.....oh and sometimes PE too.

33. The worksheets were made of brown rough paper of poor quality.

34. You went to school in slippers and a raincoat when it rained, and you find a dry spot in the school to sit down, dry your feet, and wear your dry and warm socks and shoes.

35. School dismissal time was normally around 1 pm.

36. There would be spelling tests and mental sums to do almost everyday.

37. Your friends considered you lucky and rich if your parents gave you $3 or more for pocket money everyday.

38. You see Wee Kim Wee's face in the school hall.

39. You freak out when the teacher tells you to line up according to height and hold hands with the corresponding boy or girl.

40. Boys like to catch fighting spiders & play goli (no kissing, no so und no count).

41. Collecting and battling erasers was a pastime for boys.

42. Autograph books were loaded with "Best Wishes", "Forget Me Not", and small poems like "Bird fly high, hard to catch. Friend like you, hard to forget".

43. Class monitors and prefects loved to say "You talk somemore, I write your name ah!"

44. There were at least 40 people in one class.

45. Large, colourful schoolbags were carried. And remember those Bodypac & High Sierra bagz... yeah...

50. You brought every single book to school, even though there was one thing called the timetable.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

Spread this heart warming message around. You don't get something like this very often.

Spread LOVE everywhere U go, let no1 come 2 U without leaving Better&Happier

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-7-2004 03:44 PM | Show all posts
What medical student must know

First-year students at Med School were receiving their first anatomy class, with a real dead human body. They all gathered around the surgery table with the body covered with a white sheet.

The professor started the class by telling them, "In medicine, it is necessary to have 2 important qualities as a doctor: The first is that you must not be disgusted by anything involving the  human  body."

For an example, the Professor pulled back the sheet, stuck his finger in
the butt of the corpse, withdrew it and stuck it in his mouth.

"Go ahead and do the same thing," he told his students.

The students freaked out, hesitated for several minutes. But eventually
took turns sticking a finger in the butt of the dead body and sucking on
it.

When everyone finished, the Professor looked at them and told them,
"The second most important quality is observation. I stuck in my  middle finger and sucked on my index finger.
Now learn to pay attention."

Use magic Report

Post time 22-7-2004 04:21 PM | Show all posts
>Teacher : History is a very interesting subject. It tells you about what
>had
>happened in the past.
>Student : Please teacher,I don't think I want to study history.
>Teacher : Why?
>Student : There is no future in it.
>
>
>
>*****
>Teacher : Ted,if your father has $10 and you ask him for $6, how much  
>would
>your father still have?
>Ted : $10.
>Teacher : You don't know maths.
>Ted : You don't know my father!
>
>****
>
>Mother : David, come here.
>
>David : Yes, mum?
>Mother : You really disappoint me. Your results are getting worse.
>David : But I will only get my report book tomorrow.
>Mother : I know that.But I am going to Hong Kong tomorrow, so I am scolding
>you now.
>
>******
>
>Father : Why did you fail your mathematics test?
>
>Son : On Monday,teacher said 3+5=8
>Father : So?
>Son : On Tuesday,she said 4+4=8
>
>         And on Wednesday,she said 6+2=8.
>
>        If she can't make up her mind,how do I  know the right  answer?
>
>***
>
>
>Old lady : Doctor,I've got a pain in my left leg.
>Doctor (after examining her) : It's caused by old age.
>Old lady : Nonsense. My right leg is all right and it's as old as the left
>leg.
>
>****
>
>Two men were facing each other on the train.
>First man : I know my hearing isn't that good, but I never thought this
>would happen. I must have gotten stone deaf. Here you have been talking to
>me for an hour and I can't hear a word.
>Second man : I wasn't speaking. I was only chewing gum.
>
>
>

Use magic Report

matz_rockz This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 27-7-2004 10:18 AM | Show all posts
Corporate Lesson 1

A man is getting into the shower just as his wife is finishing up her
shower when the doorbell rings. After a few seconds of arguing over which one should go and answer the doorbell, the wife gives up, quickly wraps herself up in a towel and runs downstairs. When she opens the door, there stands Bob, the next-door neighbour.

Before she says a word, Bob says, "I'll give you $800 to drop that towel that you have on." After thinking for a moment, the woman drops her towel and stands naked in front of Bob. After a few seconds, Bob hands her 800 dollars and leaves.

Confused, but excited about her good fortune, the woman wraps back up in the towel and goes back upstairs. When she gets back to the bathroom, her husband asks from the shower, "Who was that?"

"It was Bob the next-door neighbour," she replies. "Great!" the husband says, "Did he say anything about the $800 he owes me?"

Moral of the story:
If you share critical information pertaining to credit and risk in time with your stakeholders, you may be in a position to prevent avoidable exposure.

Corporate Lesson 2

A priest was driving along and saw a nun on the side of the road. He
stopped and offered her a lift which she accepted. She got in and crossed her legs, forcing her gown to open and reveal a lovely leg. The priest had a look and nearly had an accident. After controlling the car, he stealthily slid his hand up her leg.

The nun looked at him and immediately said, "Father, remember Psalm 129?" The priest was flustered and apologized profusely. He forced himself to remove his hand. Changing gear, he let his hand slide up her leg again.

The nun once again said, "Father, remember Psalm 129?" Once again the
priest apologized: "Sorry sister but the flesh is weak."

Arriving at the convent, the nun got out gave him a meaningful glance and went on her way. On his arrival at the church, the priest rushed to retrieve a bible and looked up Psalm 129. It Said, "Go forth and seek, further up,you will find glory."

Moral of the story:
Always be well informed in your job, or you might miss a great opportunity

Use magic Report

Post time 27-7-2004 01:32 PM | Show all posts
TWELVE THINGS YOU'LL NEVER HEAR AN EMPLOYEE TELL HIS/HER BOSS

1. Never give me work in the morning. Always wait until 5:00 and then bring it to me. The challenge of a deadline is always refreshing.

2. If it's really a "rush job," run in and interrupt me every 10 minutes to inquire how it's going. That greatly aids my efficiency.

3. Always leave without telling anyone where you're going. It gives me a chance to be creative when someone asks where you are.

4. If my arms are full of papers, boxes, books or supplies, don't open the door for me. I might need to learn how to function as a paraplegic in future and opening doors is good training.

5. If you give me more than one job to do, don't tell me which is the priority. Let me guess.

6. Do your best to keep me late. I like the office and really have nowhere to go or anything to do.

7. If a job I do pleases you, keep it a secret. Leaks like that could get me a promotion.

8. If you don't like my work, tell everyone. I like my name to be popular in conversations.

9. If you have special instructions for a job, don't write them down. If fact, save them until the job is almost done.

10. Never introduce me to the people you're with. When you refer to them later, my shrewd deductions will identify them.

11. Be nice to me only when the job I'm doing for you could really change your life.

12. Tell me all your little problems. No one else has any and it's nice to know someone is less fortunate.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-7-2004 04:27 PM | Show all posts
A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert.  During some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face.

The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand:

TODAY MY BEST FRIEND
SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE.

They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one who had been slapped got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him.
After he recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone:  

TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE.

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, "After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone, why?" The other friend replied "When someone hurts us we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND
AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE.  

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them.

Send this phrase to the people you'll never
forget. It's a short message to let them
know that you'll never forget them.

Do not value the THINGS you have in your life..  
But value WHO you have in your life! :love:

Use magic Report

matz_rockz This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 31-7-2004 09:24 AM | Show all posts
as i am surfing i am listening to music of the eighties.teringat zaman muda2 dulu when i king joget

straight up ...paula abdul
wham
modern talking
alphaville
pet shop boys

those were the days........no regrets....

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2004 11:28 AM | Show all posts
kelakar giler.....dapat from emails

Kisah Benarrrrrrr!!!
>>Berita gempar.
>>
>>            Kampung sungai indah yang terletak agak agak 5 kilometer dari
>>bandar segamat memang terkenal dengan kemakmuran nya.  Tapi sejak
>>kebelakangan ni ianya tercemar dengan desas desus mengenai pontianak yang
>>berkelayau dan menakutkan penduduk kampung.
>>            Kisah bermula apabila seorang dukun perempuan yang boleh
>>dikatakan handal, meninggal dunia akibat ilmu yang tak menjadi.  Pada hari
>>pengkebumian nya, hujan turun dengan lebat membuatkan orang orang yang
>>menghantar jenazah menjadi kelam kabut.  Memburuk kan keadaan lagi, liang
>>lahad nya di tenggelami air.  Puas sudah diceduk air dari liang lahad tadi
>>tetapi tidak susut.  Memandang kan hari sudah mulai gelap, penduduk
>>kampung
>>pun mengambil keputusan untuk terus kan saja mengkebumikan mayat itu.  
>>Lalu
>>mayat tu pun dikebumikan dalam air.
>>            Mula dari hari itulah para penduduk kampung tak senang duduk
>>dibuatnya.  Mayat dukun perempuan itu nak membalas dendam kerana ditanam
>>dalam air.
>>            Mat Derih adalah salah seorang penduduk kampung yang turut
>>menghantar jenazah pada hari tu.  Mat Derih ni memang penakut orang nya.
>>Dan dia tahu yang dia juga menjadi 'target' akan mayat dukun perempuan
>>itu.
>>Jadi, Mat Derih pun bawak lah paku kemana saja dia pergi.  Pada suatu
>>malam, hujan renyai renyai dan angin pula sepoi sepoi bahasa.  Mat Derih
>>terkejut dari tidurnya pada agak agak pukul 2.30 pagi.  Perutnya terasa
>>sakit, lalu dia pun mengambil lampu suluhnya dan terus pergi ke tandas
>>(yang terletak di luar rumah).  Dengan paku ditangan, perlahan lahan Mat
>>Derih membuka pintu tandas.  Sedang dia melegakan perutnya, dia terasa
>>semacam ada orang di luar tandas.  Maka semakin kuatlah dia menggenggam
>>paku.  Tidak semena mena, pintu tandasnya digegar.  Dan diatas dedaun
>>pintu
>>itu perlahan lahan dia nampak rambut yang panjang mengurai diikuti pula
>>dengan sepasang mata yang merah dan terbeliak.  Lembaga itu merenung tajam
>>kearah Mat Derih lalu berkata .......................
>>
>>
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>>
>>"Berak ka paaaaa?"

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2004 01:56 PM | Show all posts
u all pena makan kat ananda bhavan tak ? dia org ni macam nak challenge dengan komalas .. baru dia org bukak new kedai depan mustafa center.. and si komlas pun bukak kedai baru kat dis road ni la taktau aper nama dia.. anyway, my frenz banyak da jump ship suka pegi ananda sekarang pasal masala tosei dia sedap dia org kata.. kentang dia seketul2..n idly dia lagi lembut.. komalas nyer kentang is mashed.. tapi my family sentiase stick pat komalas ler.. my all time favourite -> bhattura .. cam balloon hehee but nicee la..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-8-2004 01:59 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by dilah21 at 3-8-2004 01:56 PM:
u all pena makan kat ananda bhavan tak ? dia org ni macam nak challenge dengan komalas .. baru dia org bukak new kedai depan mustafa center.. and si komlas pun bukak kedai baru kat dis road ni la t ...

i blum penah try, dilah, my feveret too bhattura hehee sedaplah tu
lagi satu paper tosai kalo gi tekka market memand sedap, finger licking yumyum

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2004 02:05 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SweetCandy at 3-8-2004 01:59 PM:

i blum penah try, dilah, my feveret too bhattura hehee sedaplah tu
lagi satu paper tosai kalo gi tekka market memand sedap, finger licking yumyum

myra pun suka bhattura.....yummylicious!!!...
another fav - chapati kat Nooris Rd..ngan keema dia....power!!...

:stp: apsal harini kita asyik ckp pasal makanan??...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-8-2004 02:08 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by myra81 at 3-8-2004 02:05 PM:

myra pun suka bhattura.....yummylicious!!!...
another fav - chapati kat Nooris Rd..ngan keema dia....power!!...

:stp: apsal harini kita asyik ckp pasal makanan??...

tu ah kak sc pun perasan kita semua dah bnyk bual pasal makan:hmm:

Use magic Report

Post time 4-8-2004 03:20 PM | Show all posts
Cerita tentang katak kecil

Pada suatu hari ada sekumpulan katak-katak kecil,...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 11:05 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.069579 second(s), 42 queries .