CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 8391|Reply: 42

ADA PEMINAT TRUE CRIME STORIES/ THRILLER TAK KAT SINI?

[Copy link]
Post time 3-8-2006 03:59 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Ada sesiapa yang minat membaca buku2 berkenaan crime stories tak?  I mean true story.  I like to read this kind of story in fact not only about crime but asalkan true story I memang minat.  Kalau ada sesiap lagi yang minat bolehlah share kat sini.  My favorite authors Anne Rule, Mark Fuhrman.

[ Last edited by  mardhiah12 at 11-9-2007 08:34 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-8-2006 01:49 PM | Show all posts
My favret genre gak ni. Last one I read sumthin was True Crime Stories like the woman who killed her parents with the axe...Mary Bowden, I think...it was an anthology...got even one in Malaysia...former wife of Victoria Institution's Principal bad deed...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 7-8-2006 06:23 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by seribulan at 7-8-2006 01:49 PM
My favret genre gak ni. Last one I read sumthin was True Crime Stories like the woman who killed her parents with the axe...Mary Bowden, I think...it was an anthology...got even one in Malaysia...f ...

Lizzy Borden???

sesape yang minat true crime stories layari laman web www.crimelibrary.com

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-8-2006 07:13 AM | Show all posts

Reply #3 sixret's post

haha...at least I got the 'den' correct...another interesting story was one of infamous Rasputin with his illicit exploits...u might like to puke once in a while...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-8-2006 11:29 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sixret at 7-8-2006 06:23 PM

Lizzy Borden???

sesape yang minat true crime stories layari laman web www.crimelibrary.com

ok thanks.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-8-2006 11:32 AM | Show all posts

Reply #4 seribulan's post

I've read this book.  even got one at home.  this lizzy borden story quite interesting.  rumah dia pun masih ada lagi kat us tu.  it becomes an inn bed n breakfast.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 12-8-2006 08:25 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by whiteDhahlia at 3-8-2006 02:59 AM
Ada sesiapa yang minat membaca buku2 berkenaan crime stories tak?  I mean true story.  I like to read this kind of story in fact not only about crime but asalkan true story I memang minat.  Kalau a ...

me tak berapa sgt crime stories ni tetapi me ada 1 novel dr ann rule ni, Heart of full of lies - kisah yang pilot kat hawaii yang kena bunuh dgn isteri dia sendiri tu... sedih terutama ada gambar pilot yang mati tu dan anak anak dia....

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-8-2006 01:11 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by faraway at 12-8-2006 08:25 AM

me tak berapa sgt crime stories ni tetapi me ada 1 novel dr ann rule ni, Heart of full of lies - kisah yang pilot kat hawaii yang kena bunuh dgn isteri dia sendiri tu... sedih terutama ada gambar ...

buku2 frm ann rule memang best2.  ada banyak jugak collection kat rumah.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-3-2007 11:28 AM | Show all posts

true crime

Hi, nak tau whether ada sesiapa selain I yg minat genre true crime. I rasa sejak I baca genre true crime ni, susah nak baca fiction lagi unless plot fiction tu betul2 imaginative and unpredictable.
I ada some of the true crime classics like Fatal Vision (by Joe McGinniss) pasal Green Beret doctor yg bunuh family dia, and books by others like Ann Rule, Alan Dershowitz, Peter Maas, etc.
Anyone want to share their experience, etc. reading this genre? Thx.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2007 02:25 PM | Show all posts
ann rule?

i ni suka belek buku true crime, tapi tak pernah nak beli, ras acam gross sangat kalau beli pastu TERtengok gambar org kena bunuh ke apa...

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2007 04:29 PM | Show all posts
Hi limau
Actuallykan, dalam semua buku true crime yg I ada tu, takde pulak gambar org yg kena bunuh tu. I mean, takde nampak clearly org takde kepala etc. Yg paling teruk pun, black+white foto crime scene, so tak nampak gross sangat.
Ann Rule's recent book (belum baca lagi) is about satu case yg lama tak solve - Green River killings. Kalau tak silap, baru2 ni saja case solved. Kalau you interested, lawatlah website dia www.annrules.com. Just nak share: I pernah e-mail Ann just to say hi and comment about her books. Masa tu dia baru lepas surgery, and I received a reply from her daughter Leslie. Thrill gaklah masa tu.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 7-3-2007 04:40 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bitterchoc at 7/3/07 04:29 PM
Hi limau
Actuallykan, dalam semua buku true crime yg I ada tu, takde pulak gambar org yg kena bunuh tu. I mean, takde nampak clearly org takde kepala etc. Yg paling teruk pun, black+white fo ...

hah sebut-sebut pasal buku green river tu, ada review kat the star sabtu/ahad lepas as below...

Elusive killer
Review by BOEY PING PING
Green River Running Red
Author: Ann Rule
Publisher: Pocket Books, 665 pages
  JACK the Ripper murdered five prostitutes in 1888 and got away scott-free. Almost a century later, Peter Sutcliffe, dubbed the Yorkshire Ripper, more than doubled Jack抯 total by killing 13 women, mainly prostitutes. He was eventually caught. Another serial killer, Ted Bundy, upped the ante with a death toll of 36 women before his arrest.   Between 1982 and 1985, Gary Ridgway, nicknamed Green River Killer, intentionally set a new record by taking the lives of more than 49 females. He played cat-and-mouse with investigators for two decades before they, or rather his DNA, finally caught up with him.  Ann Rule, a crime writer, was commissioned to chronicle the story of the serial killer who left behind a graveyard of victims around the grassy banks of Green River in Seattle, United States. Rule, a former police officer, is best known for The Stranger Beside Me, an account of how she discovered that her friend and colleague, Ted Bundy, was really a serial killer. That was her first crime narration and Green River is her 23rd.  Working in this field has brought Rule抯 subjects a little too close for comfort. Unknown to the author, the Green River serial killer attended one of her book signings and creepier still, lived less than a kilometre from her home.  Ridgway had not seemed like a typical serial killer. He had a meek and somewhat gentle demeanour. He held a steady job, had a wife and son and passed a lie detector test twice. Others on the list of suspects, like the fur trapper who stuffed and mounted his animal prey, seemed a more likely suspect.  But as detectives delved further, they discovered that as a boy, Ridgway had constantly wet his bed and his mother spent 15 minutes soaping, washing and drying him. This inappropriate touching might have provoked Ridgway to stalk girls when he was 12 and later kill them.   Behind the fa鏰de of this friendly person was an angry man. In his court statement, Ridgway said, 揑 picked prostitutes because I thought I could kill as many of the as I wanted without being caught.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 8-3-2007 09:56 AM | Show all posts
Wow, thanks limau! I missed that review. Nanti nak beli la buku tu.
Aisey, kita berdua saja, takde orang lain minat genre ni kot
Surprising jugak, because rasanya crime dramas macam CSI tu ramai peminat. I guess reading and watching are 2 different things.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-3-2007 10:03 AM | Show all posts

Reply #5 bitterchoc's post

i am actually a CSI fan a very long time ago.. skrg dah boring la, asyik2 tgk kes orang mati jer...

tapi aku takut la bab review ni kata pasal buku ann rule ni jadi guidebook to killer:
While crime stories alert us of the dangers out there, they also serve as a 揼uidebook

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 8-3-2007 10:26 AM | Show all posts
Iye kan? I mean, CSI pun teaches would-be criminals some things. But these books also teach detectives and criminal lawyers some things too. Macam buku Reversal of Fortune, it shows how the defense can overturn a conviction. And books by FBI profiler John Douglas give detectives tips on criminal minds.
BTW, for people who like reading online, try crimelibrary.com.

[ Last edited by  bitterchoc at 8-3-2007 10:27 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 18-3-2007 06:24 PM | Show all posts
aku pn suke buke genre ni....

dh byk baca tp dulu x kisah sape author dia. main hentam je.. lately baca ann rule je la.....
cuma satu je, ni pndpt aku la....... dia ni mcm exaggerate sikit... kalo jahat 2 seboleh2nya dari kecik dia nk kate mmg born utk jadi jahat, kalo victim 2 lak baik yg amat....
bkn apa......pd aku ada reason a killer kill maybe sbb dia punya surrounding ke hape...jgn la nk kate kite ni dr kuarga jahat xleh jd baik n vice versa...
huh

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-9-2007 02:32 PM | Show all posts

Thriller/Mystery/Crime Genre

Hi... saja nk bukak topik nih... sbb tgk genre historical romance, contempary/chick lit, science fiction dh ada... topik nih xde nampak lak... kalau dh ada tlg merge yek mod...

baru je abih baca 2 jeffrey deaver's books... so x tau nk masukkan review katne... i've created this topic...

Blue Nowhere  by Jeffrey Deaver

This is one of my fav because the crime revolves around computer/internet.. I've read many books, but cannot find many of the books with this type of crime.

The killer found his victim through internet, but not through chatting/email etc.. He is a great hacker, known as Phate, and he has created a program/virus that allow him to access your computer whenever u r online, and then he will learn everything about that victim, in order to kill him.  The program/virus is self destructive, therefore there will be no trace of him breaking into the victim's computer.  For the killer this is some kind of online game to him.  He cannot see the different between real world and online world.  The harder to get to the victim, the higher point he will get if he succeed in killing the victim.

In order to stop him, police call another hacker (Wyatt Gilette), which is currently in jail (sentenced to jail because he is accused of cracking the FBI encryption code).  And the cat and mouse chase starts when the hacker tries to trace Phate.

Deaver writing has the details of the computer/internet terms.  He describes everything in details.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 7-9-2007 02:46 PM | Show all posts
The Twelfth Card by Jeffrey Deaver

This is another story in Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs series (One of the book, The Bone Collector, has been adapted to movie).

The story started when someone try to kill a 16 year old black girl, Geneva Settle at a basement of a library.  However, she managed to escape, but a librarian (or someone working at the library) was killed during the crime scene investigation.

At first it seems like an attempted rape, but Rhyme found out that the clues (rape pack) seems to be planted to confuse the police of the real reason for the attempted murder.  When they collected the clues, and analysed, it leads to crime that happen more than 100 years ago, involving Geneva's ancestor.

The story is full of suspense, and I can't predict what will happen next, who are the friends, who are the enemy, when is the next attempted attack etc.  Even though Rhyme and the teams manage to find out the killer's name in the middle of the story, he is very elusive and is very good at what he do.  There are also conflicts and lies during the investigation.

If you are a fan of TV series CSI, I think you will love this stories.  It will describes in details terms we normally hear in CSI TV series such as AFIS, CODIS etc.  And we can learn how they collect the clues from the crime scene and analyse it to solve the mystery and at the same time takes it as evidence in court.

[ Last edited by  juya79 at 7-9-2007 02:50 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 7-9-2007 02:51 PM | Show all posts
jeffery deaver
novel dia mmg besh
fly ada 2 buku dr dia - hard news + bone collector

Use magic Report

Post time 7-9-2007 03:30 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by fly_in_d_sky at 7-9-2007 02:51 PM
jeffery deaver
novel dia mmg besh
fly ada 2 buku dr dia - hard news + bone collector

khaly minat jugak citer2 macam ni...cuma belum pernah beli...dok baca ada la....memang best ker? boleh try nih....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

12-5-2024 04:10 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.090318 second(s), 62 queries .