Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Zaheera

SungKyunKwan and Scandal ~ Yoochun,MinYoung,JoongKi,YooAhIn ~ House 1

Close [Copy link]
 Author| Post time 19-8-2010 03:12 AM | Show all posts
[Trans] 100708 The Korea Creative Content Agency Chooses “SungKyunKwan Scandal”

(KOCCA) The Korea Creative Content Agency has  released their selected presentations for the “2010 Global Frontier  Project”

The Culture and Tourism Department (Minister Yu In Chon) and KOCCA(Director Lee Jae Ung) released their selected presentations forprofessional volunteering field careers on July 8, 2010.

Movie: The Invincible
Musical: Overspeed Scandal
Game: TERA
Drama: SungKyunkwan Scandal
Cartoon: Oregon (GON), The Nut Job, Koreanosaurus 2: Spotted, Scan  Contribution, Kaenimeol

The “Global Frontier Project” gathers dramas, games, and cartoonstogether, focusing on uncovering excellent work with the strategicobjectives aimed towards the US and China markets. The US and Chinawill progress into a five-step evaluation process, including anat-the-site screening. In the next 5 years, there is a sales estimateof 1 trillion Won that is expected to come with the selected works,becoming products that have a high level of internationalcompetitiveness.

Director Lee Jae Ung of KOCCA expresses: “The main emphasis withregards to the selection of these products is that they are compatiblewith this time’s market strategy that promises absolute success.”

(unrelated material omitted)

Source: [kocca.kr + baidutvxq]
Translation credits: Supernike911@tohosomnia.net
Shared by: tohosomnia.net

Do not remove/add on any credits

[Trans] 100709 Second Half Of 2010 The Biggest Idol Showdown – Park Yoochun VS Kim Hyunjoong

Rivals since their debut as ‘TVXQ’ and ‘SS501′, members Park Yoochunand Kim Hyunjoong from the respective groups will also meet head-on fortheir TV dramas.

Yoochun is set to play the lead “Lee Seon Joon” for the KBS drama  [SungKyunKwan Scandal], which airs in September*.
Kim Hyunjoong, who recently signed on with the same company as BaeYong Joon, has been casted as the lead for the TV drama “MischievousKiss”, which is set to air after the drama “Road NO 1″ in September. Arelated personnel said, “The airing date is more or less confirmed forthat period.”

[SungKyunKwan Scandal] is based on Jung Eun Gweol’s novel [The Livesof Sungkyunkwan Confucian Scholars]. The story revolves around KimYoohui, who cross-dresses as a man to enter SungKyunKwan on behalf ofher sickly brother, and encounters Lee Seon Joon, Moon Jae Shin and YuYong Ha. It is a story about friendship and love that takes place in aschool setting during the Joseon Dynasty.

Aside from Micky Yoochun, other young stars acting in the drama include  Song Joong Gi, Yoo Ah-In, Park Min Young and Han Yeon.

“Mischievous Kiss” is adapted from the Japanese manga of the samename and this drama has been dubbed the “second Boys Over Flowers”.Besides Kim Hyunjoong, other stars have recently been casted.
In this acting battle between the greatest idol stars, everyone is  waiting to see what kind of work they will produce.

*There’s some discrepancy in the media reports about the  airing date. Some reports state August while some say September.

Source: [Osen + BaiduTVXQ]
Translation credits: mandasoh@tohosomnia.net

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 03:18 AM | Show all posts
[Trans] 100712 Seung Gi Vs Hyunjoong Vs Yoochun – Drama Showdown

Three top stars of the same age will be battling it out in our living rooms.

Singer Lee Seung Gi, SS501’s Kim Hyunjoong (Leader) and Tohoshinki’sYoochun will be starring in dramas during the August – Septemberperiods. Lee Seung Gi was born in early ’87, and Hyunjoong and Yoochunwere born in ’86 are of the same age. They will be competing on theacting stage to see who comes out tops.

Firstly, Lee Seung Gi. His comeback midweek drama “My Girlfriend isa Nine-Tailed Fox” is scheduled to start airing on 11 August on SBS. Heplays a man who lives with a nine-tailed fox spirit (Shin Min Ah) whoseseal is broken after 500 years.
So far, Lee Seung Gi’s star quality in acting has been recognizedvia his dramas “Famous Princesses” and “Shining Inheritance.” “MyGirlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox” will probably serve to establish hisposition as an actor further.

Next, Hyunjooong, whose acting debut was the role of Yoon Ji Hoo(Hanazawa Rui) from F4 in “Boys over Flowers.” He will be touchinggirls’ hearts again in MBC’s new midweek drama “Mischievous Kiss.” Thisdrama, like “Boys over Flowers”, is adapted from a popular Japanesecomic, and Hyunjoong’s character is expected to shine, just like theactual comic character.

“Mischievous Kiss” will be directed by Hwang In Roe, who alsodirected “Goong” and is expected to air in August after “Road NumberOne”.

Finally, Yoochun will be officially kicking off his actingactivities in September with the KBS drama “SungKyunKwan Scandal.”Unlike Lee Seung Gi and Kim Hyunjoong, he will not be competing at thesame time slots, but the pressure for his debut is still great.Together with Park Min Young, Soong Joon Gi & Yoo Ah-In, Yoochunwill be part of “Chosun Dynasty’s F4,” helping to alleviate his burden.

“SungKyunKwang Scandal” has received much interest both locally andinternationally, and distribution rights were sold to Japan even beforeproduction began.

After Lee Seung Gi, Kim Hyunjoong and Park Yoochun’s drama are over,Super Junior’s Choi Siwon and Tohoshinki’s Changmin will be takingover. Choi Siwon will be featured in SBS’s “Athena : Goddess of War”and Changmin will be acting in “Paradise Ranch.”
T/N: Midweek dramas are actually called “Wednesday-Thursday” dramas,referring to the days that they are being aired on. “My Girlfriend is aNine-tailed fox” and “Mischievous Kiss” will be showing at the aboveday slots, while “SungKyunKwan Scandal” will be aired on Monday &Tuesday.

Source: [Chosun Online]
Translation credits: ssunsett@tohosomnia.net

[Trans] 100709 Notice From Raemong Raein – SungKyunKwan Scandal Acronym Poem Event

“You’ve  waited a long time. Thank you very much”
SungKyunKwan Scandal’s  Acronym Poem State Examination Begins~!

We thank all the viewers who have waited so long for us. The biggeststrengths to the actors and staff working hard on location are you andyour love for SungKyunKwan Scandal. To repay you for your warm support,we have set up a special event to go with the opening of the officialwebsite. The SungKyunKwan Scandal Acronym Event! Participate now!

Event Duration: 2010. 7. 7 (Wed) ~ 2010. 7. 23  (Fri)
Winner Announcement: 2010. 7. 30  (Fri) 3 pm KST/ SungKyunKwan Scandal Homepage Notice
Prizes:
First place:  SungKyunKwan Scandal Press Conferece VIP Inivitation (1 person/ two  tickets)
Second Place:  SungKyunKwan Scandal Official T-shirt (2 people)
Third Place: SungKyunKwan Scandal Official  Hat (3 people)
Fourth Place:  SungKyunKwan Scandal Official Mug (5 people)
*To send prizes to  winners, please make sure your location information is correct.

T/N: You have to make a poem in Korean where each line  begins with the acronyms of SungKyunKwan Scandal (성균관 스캔들)
Source: [SKK Website+Yuaerubi]
Translation credits: jeeelim5@tohosomnia.net

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 03:28 AM | Show all posts
[Trans] 100712 Kim Ha Gyun “Micky Yoochun Is Like A Sponge”

Actor Kim Ha Gyun appeared in front of  cameras for an interview.

Actor Kim Ha Gyun held an interview  at the ‘Kim Ha Gyun Acting Academy’ at 3pm KST on the 12th.

(omitted)

He was recently given a role in KBS 2TV’s ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’,which received great attention for casting TVXQ’s Micky Yoochun andactor Song Joong Gi, and will appear in front of viewers once more inSeptember.

He stated, “Micky Yoochun is  like a sponge. His ability to pick up acting is so fast that I was  amazed.”
Source: [artsnews+Yuaerubi]

[Trans] 100712 SungKyunKwan Scandal Official Site Crashes As Soon As It Opens On The 12th

With the making still cut of the ‘Jalgeum Quartet’ being revealed,the official website of <SungKyunKwan Scandal>, the drama that isexpected to take the nation by storm, opened on the 12th.

As soon as the official website of ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’ opened onthe 12th, the site crashed as netizens flooded in to view it; thisproved the explosive popularity of the drama once more.

The unique menu tabs of the website, ‘Scandal Maker’, ‘SungKyunKwanNews’, ‘SungKyunKwan Gallery’, ‘SungKyunKwan Paparazzi’ and‘SungKyunKwan State Exam’ stand out with various events, still cuts ofthe actors and recent news, already available.

PD Kim Yeon Sung of ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’ stated, “We created theofficial website for the drama as a place for viewers, actors and staffto come together. The site reflects the sweat and passion of the‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’ team and we will work hard to repay the viewersfor their love and attention.”

(omitted)
Source: [bnt  news+Yuaerubi]
Translation credits:  jeeelim5@tohosomnia.net

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 03:34 AM | Show all posts
[Trans]100714 Ahn Nae Sang Of ‘Three Brothers’ Set To Appear In ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’

Ahn Nae Sang, who appeared as the eldest brother Gun Kang in ‘ThreeBrothers’ and helped rake in 40% viewership ratings, will appear in‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’ as Jung Yak Yong, the mentor of SungKyunKwan’sflower boys, the ‘Jalgeum Quartet’. Although this character does notexist in the original novel ‘The Lives of SungKyunKwan ConfucianScholars’, this historic figure was added to strengthen the theatricalaspect of the drama. As an adult who seems to be quite an oddballindulging in Western Learning and entertainment but is quiteinsightful, Jung Yak Yong is demoted to SungKyunKwan when he is shunnedby the Noron faction after being favored by Jung Jo (Jo Sung Ha).

The role of Jung Yak Yong was given to Jo Min Gi initially, but heresigned in a whirl of controversy when he wrote online that “Theproduction company forced me to leave.” Regarding this, Ahn Nae Sangstated, “I thought over the offer a lot when it first came in,” and “Idecided to take on the position after much consideration andconsultation with the production crew so please watch over me.” Ahn NaeSang’s participation in the drama will begin with a poster photoshooton the 14th.

(omitted)

Source: [sports  chosun+SKK  Official  Website]

[Trans] Yoochun & Cast Of [SungKyunKwan Scandal] To Hold Fanmeeting On 24 July

The [Joseon Dynasty F4] will be holding a fanmeeting for Korean and Japanese fans.

The KBS drama [SungKyunKwan Scandal] is set to start airing inSeptember. It is a youthful period drama that depicts the friendshipbetween Park Min Young, who plays Kim Yeonhee and cross-dresses toenter SungKyunKwan on behalf of her sick brother, Yoochun (as Lee SeonJoon), Yu Ah-In (as Kim Jae Shin) and Song Joong Ki (as Goo Yong Ha).

The 4 main leads will be holding a fanmeeting with their Korean andJapanese fans on the 24th of this month, at Hwaseong Fortress(Gyeonggi-do), where the filming for the drama takes place. Accordingto the official site for the drama, the number of participants has yetto be confirmed.

Source: [chosunonline]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 03:42 AM | Show all posts
[Trans] 100715 Yoochun’s First Solo Public Appearance Since Lawsuit With SM Entertainment

Yoochun, member of the group TVXQ who went on a hiatus after theirlawsuit with SM Entertainment arose, made his first solo publicappearance since the lawsuit.

On the afternoon of 15 July, at Hwaseong, Gyeonggi-do, Yoochun posedfor photos in front of the posters for KBS2′s new drama [SungKyunKwanScandal] for the media. This is the first time that Yoochun appeared inpublic alone since July last year, when they filed for an injunction oftheir exclusive contract with SM.

For that reason, there was a lot of interest on whether Yoochunwould comment on TVXQ’s activities or about Yunho and Changmin whochose to stay with SM, in front of the media.

Previously, Yoochun spoke about his ambitions towards this drama,“After reading the synopsis (story outline), I found it reallyinteresting. I wanted to meet Seon Joon (the character Yoochun isplaying) quickly. I’m really honoured to be able to play a charismaticcharacter in a serious drama for my first role. To be able to showeveryone a good performance in such a good piece of work, I’m studyingvarious things to show my best.”
Source: [chosunonline]
Shared by:  tohosomnia.net

Do not  remove/add on any credits

[Trans] 100715 Yoochun & Cast Of [SungKyunKwan Scandal] Attend Press Conference

On the afternoon of 15 July, at a studio in Hwaseong, Gyeonggi-do,Korean actors Yu Ah-In, Song Joong Ki, Park Min Young and Yoochunattended the press conference for KBS’ new mini-series [SungKyunKwanScandal].

Source:  [Wow!Korea &   Yonhap News]
Translation credits:  mandasoh@tohosomnia.net

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 03:59 AM | Show all posts
[Trans] 100715 Micky Yoochun: “With Yunho And Changmin, We Still Get Along Like We Used To”                                

Micky Yoochun, member of the group TVXQ, said, “With U-knowYunho and Choikang Changmin, nothing has changed and we still get alonglike we used to in the past.”

On 15 July, at the press conference held at Hwaseong, Gyeonggi-do,the filming location for KBS2′s drama [SungKyunKwan Scandal], Micky Yoochun said, “They were both busy (Yunho and Changmin) so we didn’t contact each other as much as expected” and “But after that (the lawsuit), our relationship didn’t change much.”

Since the lawsuit for an injunction against their exclusive contracts with SM Entertainment was filed last year, this is the firsttime that Micky Yoochun made a solo public appearance.

When asked how he passed his time then, Micky Yoochun said, “I spentit peacefully, learning music, composing, practicing acting and alsowent to watch movies.” Also, “As we were very busy, I never had thetime to visit my parents so I made the decision to spend time withthem.”

Micky Yoochun, who made his acting debut in a mobile drama in June thisyear in Japan, will also greet Korean audience this autumn, not as a singer, but as an actor.

Taking over [My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox], [SungKyunKwanScandal] is set to air in September this year. Micky Yoochun will be playing Lee Seon Joon, who excels in all aspects – intelligence,wealth, looks – and is the only son of a rich family. A character who was born with a golden spoon in his mouth, Lee Seon Joon develops a taboo love relationship with Kim Yeonhee, who cross-dresses in the drama, which makes it very difficult yet makes the drama interesting.

With regards to why he expanded his activities to include acting, Micky Yoochun said, “I’ve always been interested in acting” and“compared to anything else, the reason why I really want to do it is because ever since I debuted as a singer, I’ve only had one image –Micky Yoochun – but as an actor, there are many other charms that I can show to the audience.”

Youngwoong Jaejoong had continuously given his support to Micky  Yoochun  before he made his acting debut.
Micky Yoochun laughed as he said, “Jaejoong-hyung told me this before the filming – ‘You should die once too’ and other things that encouraged me.” Jaejoong has already made his  acting debut ahead of Micky  Yoochun.

Finally, Micky Yoochun said, “After such a long time, I’m really excited and moved to sit here and greet all of you. I will try hard. I want to show my best to everyone. I would really like it if through this drama, I can get an opportunity to show everyone a new side of me.”

Source: [e-daily & baiduTVXQ]
Shared by:  tohosomnia.net

Do not  remove/add on any credits

[Trans] 100715 Yoochun: “I Want To Try Living Another Life Through Acting.”                                                                                                                             

The 4 main characters from “SungKyunKwan Scandal,” which describes love, friendship, dreams and passions of SungKyunKwan Confucianists in the Chosun era, were revealed publicly. On 15 July, 1.30 pm, at Hwaseong, Gyeonggi-do, the “SungKyunKwan Scandal” set was opened to the public, and also present were TVXQ’s Yoochun (Micky – Park Yoochun),Park Min Young, Yoo Ah-In and Song Joong Ki.

After breaking away from TVXQ and pausing all activities, this isthe first time Yoochun has appeared in an official event, and he showed a bright side standing in front of the camera. Yoochun said, “I am happy that I am able to be part of “SungKyunKwan Scandal.” He is a calm person, it’s almost as if he won’t bleed even if you prick him, that’s the kind of character he is. However, he is a humane and charming character,” speaking about his take on the role.

When asked about what he did during the time when activities weresuspended, Yoochun said, that “I led a normal life, working hard on music, writing songs, and also practicing my acting skills. I alsowatched the movies that I couldn’t watch because I was busy, and went out with my family, enjoying a normal life.”

Towards the challenge of acting, “When I was doing singing activities,the image of Micky Yoochun was always around. But if its acting, I canlive many different lives through different roles. I want to try livingother lives, ones that are not Micky Yoochun,” he said.

For his future plans, “I’ll probably still be pursuing singing activities, after “SungKyunKwan Scandal” is over. I want to challenge a variety of music genres,” he revealed. The story of their boisterous life at SungKyunKwan, and how they grow up, this romantic youth drama“Sungkyunkwan Scandal” is scheduled to air on 30 August on KBS 2

Source:[Innolife.net]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 19-8-2010 08:41 AM | Show all posts
Sungkyunkwan Scandal.preview.8min Highlight

cr:uploader

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 05:10 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by Zaheera at 19-8-2010 17:36

[Trans] 100715 Interview With TVXQ Micky Yoochun: “Recently, I Have Been Leading A Normal Life.”

Challenging acting for the first time, Micky Yoochun answered thereporters with regards to other TVXQ members and also talked about his recent situation.

On the afternoon of 15 July, Micky Yoochun attended the press conference for the KBS drama “SungKyunKwang Scandal”, at Hwaseong, Gyeonggi Do.

During the press conference, when asked if he had been badly affected by the relationship between the members of TVXQ, Micky Yoochun replied honestly, “During the time of the lawsuit, Yunho was busy with his drama, and Changmin was at Jeju Island.

Actually, we don’t contact each other as often as people think, because we have all been busy.However, even though we don’t have much contact, but there really doesn’t seem to be much of a difference between our relationship now and previously, and we get along well. As time passes, it feels like there really isn’t much that has changed.”

Aside from this, Yoochun also cheerfully talked about his recent situation, “ After the lawsuit, I had a normal life. Learning music,practicing and writing quite a few songs, and also underwent training for acting. Actually, I was like a normal person, watching movies,eating, and because I didn’t have much time for my parents when I was busy, I have been spending more time with them now.

About his first time acting, Yoochun expressed that. “After I debuted as a singer, everyone knew me as TVXQ’s Micky Yoochun, but as an actor, you get to challenge various characters, and this attracts me. I have always envied actors, so I am really happy that I can challenge this.” When asked by the reporters about the bed scene with female lead Park Min Young, Micky Yoochun was very embarrassed and answered wittily, “Well, for the bed scene with Park Min Young, if its aired on TV, won’t they just show a bed?”

The now-actor Micky Yoochun also addressed his fans who have not seen him for a long time, “I haven’t seen all of you on such a occasion for a long time, so I was rather nervous yet anticipating it. I, too have my own ambitions, but instead of just saying that I will work hard on acting, I want to show everyone physically. Now that I have an opportunity to show a different side of me, I am very happy.”

Adapted from the novel “The Lives of Sungkyunkwan Confucian Scholars,” SungKyunKwan Scandal is a Chosun era campus youth period drama, which talks about how Kim Yeonhee pretends to be a man,attending school on her sickly brother’s behalf. After entering Sungkyunkwan, she meets Lee Seon Joon, Moon Jae Shin & Yu Yong Ha,and this kicks off a story of friendship and love between these passionate youths of the Chosun era. Appearing in this drama are Park Yoochun, Park Min Young, Yu Ah-in, Song Joong Ki, Lim Jung Eun, SeoHyo-rim etc, and is scheduled to start airing on 30 August.

TVXQ’s three members Micky Yoochun, Youngwoong Jaejoong and Xiah Junsu appealed to the Korean Courts in July last year, against their management company SM Entertainment for unfair contract, and requested for an injunction of the contract as well as compensation. The courts ruled that, before the verdict in October this year, they are not to interfere with the TVXQ trio’s activities. Recently, the TVXQ trio also held the “JUNSU JEJUNG YUCHUN THANKSGIVING LIVE IN DOME” concerts in Osaka, and officially kicked off their solo activities.

Source:[ent.qq.com]

[Vid+News] 100715 SungKyunKwan Scandal Press Conference

Shooting promotional pic
OMG flashlights O_O!

View it before it got deleted

shared by: sharingyoochun.net

Translation:
On July 15th in the afternoon, a poster shooting of drama‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’ was held at Hwaseong, Gyeonggi. There, appearfour handsome youngsters of SungKyunKwan school during Jiseon Dynasty.The love, friendship, dream, and passion within ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’story was portrayed during the poster shooting.

source: innolife
trans by: sharingyoochun.net

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 05:22 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by Zaheera at 19-8-2010 17:34

[Vid] 100715 SungKyunKwan Scandal Press Conference part 2

[Vid] 100715 SungKyunKwan Scandal Press Conference part 3

shared by:
sharingyoochun.net

[Trans] 100715 Micky Yoochun States, “A Bed Scene May Be Too Much”                                                                         

TVXQ member Micky Yoochun, who is taking a chance at acting for the first time, has revealed his honest opinions about any upcoming bed scenes.

The press conference for KBS 2TV’s new Monday-Tuesday drama ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’ took place on location at the drama’s set in Hwasung.

When asked whether he has discussed the bed scene that appears in the latter half of the original novel with the director and screenwriter, Micky Yoochun said, “Since it’s a drama, won’t only a bed show up in the scene?” He followed this with a bashful smile and said,“I’m sorry for the ridiculous joke. I think that a bed scene may be too much for me.”

(omitted)

Source: [tvreport+Yuaerubi]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 05:31 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by Zaheera at 19-8-2010 17:45

[Trans] 100715 Park Min Young Says, “Micky Yoochun’s Body Was Like That Of Royalty”                                                                                                            

Actress Park Min Young spoke of what it was like to see her costars’  bodies.

At the ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’ press conference, Park Min Young talked about Micky Yoochun, Yu Ah In and Song Joong Gi’s bodies.

She began by saying, “I really like Micky Yoochun,” and “A couple of days ago, we filmed a scene where he naturally begins to take his clothes off in our dorm room because he thinks I’m a guy.” She laughed as she said, “Our director asked Mikcy Yoochun if he didn’t exercise when he was doing activities as TVXQ. He has a slim body. Kind of like royalty…”

(omitted)

Park Min Young also revealed an interesting secret about her three costars when she said, “The three guys sweat a lot contrary to their looks,” and “After one scene, sweat would be pouring down their faces like water. Micky Yoochun said that our drama isn’t ‘SungKyunKwanScandal’, it’s ‘SungKyunKwan Sweatdal’.”

(omitted)

Source: [etoday+Yuaerubi]

—————————

[Trans] 100715 Park Min Young’s Praise “Micky Yoochun Has A Natural Gift For Acting”

Actress Park Min Young praised TVXQ’s Micky Yoochun for his passion for  acting.

Park Min Young stated at the ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’  press conference that, “Micky Yoochun has a natural gift for acting.”

Park Min Young, who was the last to be added to the main quartet of the drama, revealed her first impressions of her fellow quartet members as she said, “Micky Yoochun, Song Joong Gi and Yu Ah In could all read their scripts fully in character from the start.”

She said, “I did worry a lot that they may look similar because they are all gentle flower boys, but their costumes and uniforms fitted them and their characters so well that I was surprised.”

The actress praised Micky Yoochun as she said, “In Micky Yoochun’scase, he appears as a sound and proper scholar which may be different from his real personality (laughter). He has a natural gift for acting as when he lies down, he lies down in a proper position, and when you stare at him, he doesn’t waver. He gets into character very well.”

(omitted)

Source: [star  news+Yuaerubi]

---------------------------

[Trans] 100715 ‘Beastly Male’ Yu Ah In Says “Six Pack? I Was Solaced By Micky Yoochun’s Body”

Yu Ah In, who plays Joseon Dynasty’s beast Moon Jae Shin, said he did not feel much pressure to have a six pack.

(omitted)

Yu Ah In said, “The fact that ‘beastly males’ are the rage these days does put a lot of pressure on me. ‘Beastly males’ need to have six packs, and are muscular but my body isn’t that fit,” and “But when I saw Mick Yoochun on set, I was relieved and I felt the pressure lifting a bit.”

(omitted)

Source: [tvdaily+Yuaerubi]

———————

[Trans] 100715 Song Joong Gi Says “I Learned From Micky Yoochun How To Act Like My Character”

(omitted)

Song Joong Gi said, “It was hard at first to get into character because I’m playing a player who is into women, wine and gambling,” and “But I’m doing well now because I learned a lot from Micky Yoochun. Our director said that if I just act like Micky Yoochun, I could receive an award for my acting.”

Source: [hankyung+Yuaerubi]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 05:54 PM | Show all posts
[News] 100716 KBS TV series “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” press conference

KBS TV series “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” press conf – Part 1

From left, actors Yoo A-in, Song Joong-ki, Park Min-young and Micky Yoochun attend a press conference for upcoming KBS TV series “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” held at the show’s set in the city of Hwaseong in Gyeonggi Province, South Korea on July 15, 2010. [Chae Ki-won/10Asia]

The atmosphere at the press conference for KBS TV series “Sungkyunkwan Scandal,” held July 15 on the set in Hwaseong city, Gyeonggi Province, was unusually warm and it was not just because of the beautiful faces of actors Micky Yoochun, Song Joong-ki, Yu A-in and Park Min-young. When Micky Yuchun would pour out ridiculously humorous comments, such as “bed scene with just the bed” or “Sungkyunkwan Sweat-candal,” Song Joong-ki, who was sitting next to him, would subtly provoke him by saying, “If you send me the questions for Micky Yuchun, I will translate his answers for you in the future.” On top of this, Park Min-young, who remarked “When the director saw Micky Yoochun’s body, he asked if TVXQ didn’t have to work out,” and Yu A-in, who says he was “relieved when he saw Micky Yoochun’s body,” try to pit one against Micky as well. Then they say, “We love Micky Yoochun” and make him unable to say or do anything. “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” is a historical romance drama, based on the popular novel ‘The Days of Confucian Scholars at Sungkyunkwan,” about the female-disguised-as-male scholar Kim Yoon-hee (played by Park Min-young), the perfect man Lee Seon-joon (Micky Yoochun), the suave guy Goo Yong-ha (Song Joong-ki) and the animalistic boy Moon Jae-shin (Yu A-in). Below is the conversation between four actors who, even prior to the show’s airing, are showing a strong bond amongst themselves, one that is as solid as their characters who are called ‘The Jeulgeum Foursome.’

Actress Park Min-young attends a press conference for upcoming KBS TV series “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” held at the show’s set in the city of Hwaseong in Gyeonggi Province, South Korea on July 15, 2010. [Chae Ki-won/10Asia]

Q: Could you each introduce your characters?
Micky Yoochun (Micky): First of all, I am glad to take on my first acting challenge through “Sungkyunkwan Scandal.” From a third-person perspective, my character Ga-rang Lee Seon-joon is an extremely stiff, cold, indifferent and cold-blooded person. But he does have a humane side to him. And it is appealing how he worked so hard to make a name for himself without the help of his remarkable father.
Song Joong-ki (Song): I play Yeo-rim Goo Yong-ha in “Sungkyunkwan Scandal.” The pen name Yeo-rim is made up of Chinese characters ‘yeo,’ which stands for female, and ‘rim’ which means the woods. That is how much the character is into women and booze, and he is very good with them. I wouldn’t have been attracted to the character if that was all there is to him, but there is a different side to him. What impressed me was that he hides the sadness in his heart and pretends to be happy on the outside.
Park Min-young (Park): Kim Yoon-hee is a character who has an insatiable desire to learn but cannot achieve her dream because of her handicap, being a woman living in the Chosun Dynasty period. Then, by chance, she gets to enter Sungkyunkwan in place of her brother. There she meets all these great men, experiences love and friendship, and starts having grand dreams.
Yu A-in (Yu): Gul-oh Moon Jae-shin would be, what we call nowadays, a wild guy or animalistic guy. But when he meets good friends at Sungkyunkwan, he gradually starts changing and grows up.

Q: Micky Yoochun, this is your first public appearance and your first acting challenge since TVXQ announced that it would cease to work as a group. How have you been doing since and what made you take on acting?
Micky: I expected that this question would come up. When there was no activities to carry out as TVXQ, I lived an incredibly normal life. I studied music and practiced acting a lot. I went to see movies like other people do and spent a lot of time with my family, whom I hadn’t spent much time with because of work. And I had been working as a singer all these years so I always had this image as ‘Micky Yuchun’ but through acting, I could become several different people. That was extremely appealing to me.

Q: Did Hero Jaejung or Kimi Hyun-joong give you a lot of advice since they had already debuted as actors?
Micky: I usually don’t talk about uncomfortable things when I meet Hyun-joong. Jaejung didn’t so much give advice but he helped me feel comfortable around this particular time, which is a big turning point in my life. Oh, I told him I was going to the set today and he said, “Go and die.” (laugh)

Singer and actor Micky Yoochun attends a press conference for upcoming KBS TV series “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” held at the show’s set in the city of Hwaseong in Gyeonggi Province, South Korea on July 15, 2010. [Chae Ki-won/10Asia]

Q: It must not be easy playing the perfect man Seon-joon.
Micky: It is not hard at all. I have been wanting to live the good-boy life but I was busy working.. I am sorry. (laugh) This is my first dramatic role so it’s not so much difficult but there are many new things that I am learning. I think hard and work hard in order to approach the character Seon-joon. I try to imagine various background information about him that were not all revealed in the original story. For example, how did he get so good at archery and why does he work so hard in everything? Sometimes I even write a diary from Lee Seon-joon’s perspective before I go to sleep. When I eat at home these days, I never start eating until my mother picks up her spoon. Because Seon-joon is a well-mannered young man. (laugh)
Song: Mister Yoochun, you are not supposed to lie when answering a question. You have to tell the truth, right?
Micky: It is the truth!

Q: Then Song Joong-ki, what kind of person do you think Micky Yoochun is?
Song: I am learning a lot from Mister Yoochun in order to create my character Yong-ha. The director said that if I played Yeo-rim the way Mister Yoochun lives his life, I would no doubt win the grand prize in acting. (Looking over at Micky Yoochun) What, you didn’t think I would talk about this? I came here determined to talk about this. (laugh)
Yu: In Micky’s defense, Joong-ki is no pushover. (laugh)
Park: I think Yong-ha is similar to Joong-ki in real life. Hahahaha. There is a scene in the show where Yong-ha is practically living at the gisaengs’ place and there was a big fuss in the editing room. That the actor and the character matched up the best.
Song: I forgot to say this a little while ago, but I personally love Micky Yoochun. (laugh) Of course, I am only saying this because of the TVXQ fans.

Q: I heard that Micky Yoochun is trying to be Seon-joon in his everyday life. How are Song Joong-ki and Yu A-in each approaching their characters?
Yu: Everybody thinks that I have this pretty boy-ish image but, in fact, I have never played such [pretty boy] role. In my previous works, I played unconventional roles like an orphan, a crazy-and-weird boy and a boxer. Jae-shin, in particular, is the most uncommon character. He is extremely tough and unrealistically macho. There are some parts [about the character] that are hard for me to take in, so I am often sorting them out with the director as I work.
Song: In my case, I think I have always played characters who are bright, clean and nice except in the film “A Frozen Flower.” I sometimes mentioned in my previous interviews that I wanted to play a character who had two different sides, and am truly grateful that I get to play this character. Yong-ha is similar to the real me, but I am not saying that we are alike in how we are good at drinking and seducing women. I am incredibly cheerful most of the time, but contrary to how I look I do have some strong aspects inside. And these aspects much resemble Yong-ha. On the outside, Yong-ha looks mellow, happy and enjoys the arts but he reveals a masculine side and composure underneath that appearance.

Reporter : Lee Ga-on
Photographer : Chae ki-won ten@
Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@ , Lee Ji-Hye seven@
<&#9426;10Asia All rights reserved>

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 05:56 PM | Show all posts
KBS TV series “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” press conf – Part 2

Actor Song Joong-ki attends a press conference for upcoming KBS TV series “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” held at the show’s set in the city of Hwaseong in Gyeonggi Province, South Korea on July 15, 2010. [Chae Ki-won/10Asia]

Q: There is a bed scene between Seon-joon and Yoon-hee towards the latter half of the original novel “Sungkyungkwan Scandal.” Should we be looking forward to that scene in the drama?
Micky: I’m guessing only the bed will be shown since it’s a drama. (laugh) I’m sorry, the crew has told me to stop making these nonsensical jokes.
Everyone: (Stands up) We are sorry.
Micky: Anyway, I think it would be difficult

Q: Then can we look forward to seeing you three male characters bare some skin?
Park Min-young (Park): You must’ve seen us filming a few days ago. (laugh) We shot a skin baring scene two days ago. It’s the scene where Seon-joon and Jae-shin both change out of their clothes thinking that Yoon-hee is a man and I noticed that they both [Yoochun and Yu] didn’t eat anything before going into shoot for that. But the director said something after seeing Yoochun’s body. (Looking over at Yoochun) Should I not say it?
Micky: … (Steals the microphone.)
Park: (Takes back the microphone) The director said “Don’t they make the members of TVXQ work out? Don’t they make you get into shape?” That’s how slim a physique he has maintained. On the other hand, you have Yu who plays a rough and wild character but changes with time. His face gradually becomes darker and his body becomes slimmer. He’s the person that exudes the most becoming figure on set. But I’m not saying that Yoochun has a bad body. He has the body of an rich and elegant person. (laugh) I like Micky Yoochun too! (laugh)
Yu: I worried a lot because my original body frame wasn’t that great and for a rough and wild character, a six-pack and muscles are a given. So I was relieved after seeing Yoochun’s body. (laugh) Honestly, there is pressure to being called rough and wild. That is why I’m in the process of pulling out more of the rough and wild characteristics from within me. (laugh)

Q: Park, you have gotten to work with three goofy pretty-faced guys. What is the image you have of them from on set?
Park: You’re asking me a risky question. (laugh) I was the last one to be cast and I was worried whether they’d be able to pull off their characters because they look so innocent and pretty. But once they put on their wardrobe, I saw that they looked better in them than I expected. In the drama Yoochun comes out as a clean-cut and wholesome guy. He always manages to lie down in an upright position and whenever he looks at someone, he will look into that person’s eyes directly. It’s as if he was born to act. Yu is actually a sentimental person but when we begin shooting, he will put on this piercing look. Everyone is doing well. I guess the main issue is whether I have the potential to pull off my character.

Q: What was it like to play a woman disguised as a man?
Park: It has both its advantages and disadvantages. In my previous project, I played a princess but now I get to wear more comfortable clothes so I get to sit down whenever I want and I can also roll around while lying down. But it’s very hot because it is summer and I’m wearing bandages to hide the fact that I’m a girl. Another con is that I have to stand on a platform while we are filming because I’m short. (laugh) I feel that I’m losing my identity as the shoots go on. The crew treats me like a guy too. (laugh)

Actor Yoo A-in attends a press conference for upcoming KBS TV series “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” held at the show’s set in the city of Hwaseong in Gyeonggi Province, South Korea on July 15, 2010. [Chae Ki-won/10Asia]

Q: You must’ve felt pressured to play your role somewhat differently because a lot of dramas have been about women disguised as men.
Park: I myself have enjoyed watching such dramas so I’m well aware of the fact that because this is about the frequently used subject of a girl in disguise as a guy, it could easily become boring for viewers. “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” is about how one person achieves her dream after overcoming numerous obstacles during the Joseon Dynasty so I’m trying to deliver a certain sincerity by focusing on Kim Yoon-hee as an individual, rather than someone in disguise.

Q: You must have a hard time shooting a historical drama due to the hot weather.
Park: Unlike what they look like, these three men here sweat a lot. To the extent that I can see sweat running down their faces when they’ve shot just one scene. It takes much more time for them to wipe off their sweat than to shoot the scenes. That’s why Micky calls our drama “Sunkyunkwan Sweat-candle.” (laugh) Ridiculous jokes like these are overplayed on set. [Looking at Micky] You have something to say?
Micky: Park is scared of bugs but she’s good at catching them. Hmm, maybe this isn’t it.
Song: That’s not what it’s like. Park caught bugs? I didn’t know. Anyway, we need to say something fun, not say things like these. [Toward reporters] I’m very sorry but from now on, if you direct the question to me, I will hear Micky’s answer first and then translate it for you. And I would like to say one more time that I love Micky Yoochun. (laugh)

Q: You’re still in the early stages of shooting the drama but you all seem very close. Maybe it’s because you’re in the same age range?
Park: The first time I went for script rehearsal, Yoochun immediately said we should speak in lower form. [Koreans use honorific form to people older than them or new people. And I just thought, oh okay, and started talking to him in the lower form. And we’ve become really close because we shot a very romantic scene from the very beginning. I was acquainted with Joong-ki because we’re in the same agency, although I wasn’t close to him, so I called him ‘oppa’ [term Korean women use to refer to men older than them] at first. But he told me to treat him comfortably since we’re the same age so I call him ‘Joong-ki jjang.’ So I think I’ve become close to them much more quickly because of how I’ve been speaking to them in the familiar form, although I’m developing a love and hate relationship with Yoo because he hit my bottom in our first scene together. (laugh) We’re so busy chatting away on set that the director has to tell us to concentrate.

Q: Could you each say a line which best describes the drama?
Song: I can’t remember then line I said for the shoot at 10 this morning. What was it… Ah, it was the scene where Sun-joon enters Sungkyunkwan. I say, “Congratulations on getting in, Lee Suk-joon” which actually contains a lot of meanings.
Micky: Sun-joon thinks Yoon-hee is a guy so he says indifferently, “Take off your clothes.” (laugh)
Park: Then this is how I answer. [Turns to Micky] What?????
Yoo: And then this is what I say after I go into the room they’re in. “Get lost! I said get lost!!!”

Reporter: Lee Ga-on
Photographer : Chae ki-won ten@
Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@, Lee Ji-Hye seven@
<&#9426;10Asia All rights reserved>

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 07:15 PM | Show all posts
[Vid] 100715 SungKyunKwan Scandal Press Conference part 4

SSTV

casts are so cute

-----------------------------------------

[Vid] SungKyunKwan Scandal YTN NEWS [Eng]

credit: MICKYTOHO2

[Trans] 100720 Yuchun’s Latest Photos To Be Published

[img]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1281/skk30.jpg/img]

From 20 July, Mobile phone site “Entame Korea Tori Hodai” will be publishing photos from the drama “SungKyunKwan Scandal” poster shoot. Among the published photos will be about 15 images of the main character, Tohoshinki member Yuchun, and about 20 images of this event that went on in a cozy environment. Please enjoy the high quality images, proudly brought to you by the Japanese edition of Chosun Daily.

(other details omitted)

T/N: Please note that this is a Japan-only paid service. You can click here to find out more.

Source: [Chosun Online]

[Pic] SungKyunKwan Scandal Shooting Site & Caricatures

The pictures were taken on July 15th in Hwaseong at KBS ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’ shooting site.

With history of Korea 500 years ago as drama background, SungKyunKwan set are combination of traditional and modern interiors.

The Korea’s traditional feel is noticeable throughout the props.

You also can see the look of set that is still in the process of being worked.

The caricature of drama character Lee Seon-joon (Yoochun) and Kim Yoon-hee (Park Min Young).

The caricature of Moon Jae-sin (Yoo Ah-in)

source: on pic + dnbn

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 07:21 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by Zaheera at 19-8-2010 19:43

[News] 100724 SungKyunKwan Scandal Fanmeeting: 800 Participants from Japan!

Micky Yoochun drama ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’, 800 Japanese fans gathered at the filming site!

Showing an international popularity, about 800 Japanese fans gathered at the site where TVXQ member Micky Yoochun doing his drama filming.

On the 24th, more than 800 fans from Japan visited Jeollanam-do, Yeongnam where the filming of KBS 2TV drama ‘Sungkyunkwan University Scandal’ is taking place. In this occasion, Micky Yoochun and Park Minyoung shared concern about drama filming also introduced the Japanese fans the actual drama shooting site.

The meeting began with an intention to bring interests to Japanese fans about Micky Yoochun drama appearance. According to the production staff, the number of fans who applied soon after the drama-location-visit news released was exceeding their expectation, proving the high popularity of Micky Yoochun.

‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’ has been a hot topic recently, a drama about historical youth story of 4 men and woman that are role by Micky Yoochun, Park Min Young, Song Joong-ki, and Yoo Ah In with the background of SungKyunKwan University during Joseon Dynasty. The first episode will be broadcast on August 30th.

source: Star news
trans: sharingyoochun.net

[Trans] 100724 SungKyunKwan Scandal Fanmeet

On the 24th, the filming site Sungkyunkwan scandal was open to public, also a fan meet took place, gathering more than 800 fans.

This day’s event gathered more than 800 hallyu Japanese fans, they visited the shooting site and watched the filming for about 40 minutes, then they continued to the fan meet with various topics about Sungkyunkwan Scandal.

In particular, during the fan meeting, after simply answering a couple of questions, and taking picture with the winning fan for the game they played, the event proceeded with handshakes with everyone that attended, to express their gratitude thus concluding the event.

A stakeholder mentioned that “Especially with the drama sales in Japan, China and other places, this led to the Drama filming of related tourism items and tourism expansion. Through advertising DVDs, photo albums, movies and related developments, also want to create a variety of additional industries.”

credit: mr.park+baidutvxq
trans+shared by: sharingyoochun.net

[Vid] 100724 Yoochun – SungKyunKwan Scandal Fanmeet

credit: uploader

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 08:13 PM | Show all posts
[Trans] 100727 “Idol Rivals” Kim Hyunjoong vs Yoochun – Acting Battle

“Idol Rivals” SS501’s Kim Hyunjoong and TVXQ’s Micky Yoochun will be moving their battle of pride from the dance stage to the television drama stage.

SS501’s Kim Hyungjoon will be starring in MBC’s new Weds/Thurs drama, coming back to the acting stage with “Accidental Kiss” (Starting 1 September,) and TVXQ member Micky Yoochun will be transforming into an actor in the KBS2 Mon/Tues drama “SungKyunKwan Scandal” (Starting 30 August) With a change of management companies and their group’s continued future still unknown, both members are re-establishing themselves via acting, and have attracted much attention with their new starts.

So far, Kim Hyunjoong and Micky Yoochun have been rivals on the musical arena. Both SS501 and TVXQ are considered as top idol groups, and have been engaged in friendly competition since their debut. Especially since both groups are made of 5 people, and enjoy widespread popularity not just in Korea but in Asia, they are often compared against each other.

Both men, not as singers but as actors, will be battling it out head on again, and this has resulted in much attention. Especially since “Accidental Kiss” and “SungKyunKwan Scandal” are the first starring roles for both Kim Hyunjoong and Micky Yoochun, representatives of the younger generation, and since both their dramas will be airing at the same time, the battle between the two continues to heat up.

As actors, Kim Hyunjoong has a slight edge over Micky Yoochun. Doing well as “Jihoo Sunbae” in “Boys before Flowers”, he has proven his star power. However, there is always room for improvement. In “Boys before Flowers”, it was noted that he was slightly awkward with pronunciation and expression, and these are the key points he needs to work on. As a 180 degree change in character from that of “Boys before Flowers,” how to express this is probably his main concern. In “Boys before Flowers,” Jihoo Sunbae’s character was “soft,” but in this role, he has to act out the disinterested, cold charm of the character.

While watching the previous Japanese and Taiwanese versions, more than wondering about which character Kim Hyunjoong should be expressing, there high expectations on whether this drama can be a hit or not, so Kim Hyunjoong’s burden is heavy. Similarly, “SungKyunKwan Scandal’s” Micky Yoochun is facing a lot of pressure. Micky Yoochun’s abilities are already recognized in the music industry, but is still a rookie in the acting arena. The actor Micky Yoochun, is showing a totally different side from his strong, soft image in TVXQ. In “SungKyunKwan Scandal,” Micky Yoochun plays the role of Lee Seon Joon, who does not lack in brains, money or looks, the perfect man.

Fans of the original novel either say that the casting of Micky Yoochun for the role, is the “best casting” or that he “totally does not match the role.” And there have been many discussions with opinions divided. Because of this, the first acting challenge for Micky Yoochun and how he expresses this character has become a great concern. Rivals and colleagues in the music industry, and now battling it out for victory as actors, we anticipate the drama showdown between Kim Hyunjoong and Micky Yoochun.

Source: [Innolife.net]
Do not remove/add on credits

[Trans] 100728 Sungkyunkwang Scandal Awarded The Most Anticipated Drama With More Than 1/3 Of Vote

Sungkyunkwan Scandal earned #1 in the July 20 – July 27 ranking poll for the most anticipated drama for the bottom half of the year. It received 8681 votes out of a total of 25 370 votes.

The high in demand novel “The Days of Confucian Scholars at Sungkyunkwan” depicts 4 young people’s love and friendship in Sungkyunkwan during the Chosun dynasty.

At the same time, SBS drama “My Girlfriend is a Fox” took 2nd place with 7341 votes. Hallyu wave celebrity Kim Hyun Joong’s “Mischievous Kiss” took 3rd with 4141 votes. Other than these, dramas like “The Secret Garden” and others have also attracted attention to the poll.

Source: [baidutvxq]
Translation credits: Supernike911@tohosomnia.net

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 08:16 PM | Show all posts
[Trans] Yoochun, Meeting with Japanese Fans at Shooting Location

This article reveals some additional info, that is why we posted it again eventhou we already posted two news related to SunKyunKwan Scandal fanmeet before.

The drama that will start August 30th “SungKyunKwan Scandal” (KBS 2TV) will star the currently inactive TVXQ member, Yoochun.

On July 24th despite the heavy rains, Yoochun greeted all his around 800 Japanese fans who gathered at the drama shooting location in Yeongnam-gun.

After the Japanese fans visited drama shooting location at Dogapsa, South Jeolla province, they headed to an auditorium where Yoochun came and spent a delightful time with them.

Despite the bad weather as heavy rain hit the shooting location at the event day, fans kept watching the shooting until the very end. After shooting finished, Yoochun proceed to meet the fans, talking about various episodes of the drama and there was also a brief Q&A session.

Yoochun said, “Coming far away from Japan, I’m really grateful to meet you all who support my shooting in Korea. ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’ will begin soon. Please look forward to it.”

source: chosunonline.com

[Trans] 100726 Kim Kapsoo’s Twitter Update

T/N: Kim KapSoo is the guy who plays Yoochun’s grandfather in the drama.

“Now, SungKyunKwan shooting is ending. Tired~ Yoochun did very well. He acted well for his first time. Good looking~ haha But I didn’t show I’m tired. Will show the healthy and beautiful look. I feel good~ hahaha.”

source: Kim KapSoo twiter
trans: kenoa@sharingyoochun

[Trans] 100803 Xiah Junsu’s Surprise Visit On Location To Support Micky Yoochun

comments= comments

TVXQ member Xiah Junsu made a surprise visit to the location where ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’ is currently being filmed to support his fellow member Micky Yoochun.

In the early morning of the 1st, Xiah Junsu visited the site of the drama in Hwasung, Gyeonggido with 100 boxes of fried chicken. Xiah Junsu was able to successfully show support for Micky Yoochun, and the tired actors and staff.

Kang Sung Pil, who plays Lim Byung Choon in the drama, said, “Micky Yoochun was really surprised at Xiah Junsu’s unexpected visit. He talked and laughed with Xiah Junsu and tried to look cool but you could tell that he was deeply touched,” and “You could feel Xiah Junsu’s sincere support for Micky Yoochun and his new challenge, so even the people around them felt better.”

He also said, “When I asked him (Xiah Junsu) if he could make a cameo appearance on the drama, he brightly said that he really wanted to if given the chance,” and “Xiah Junsu stayed on location for a very long time and gave Micky Yoochun strength.”

source: [startoday+DNBN]
translation credits: jeeelim5@tohosomnia.net
shared by: tohosomnia.net

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 08:23 PM | Show all posts
[Info] 100807 SungKyunKwan Scandal as The Most Searched TV Drama

Through one of the biggest South Korean web portal, Nate, SungKyunKwan Scandal becomes the most searched TV drama for two days straight.

1. SungKyunKwan Scandal
    2. Bad Man
    3. Baker King, Kim Tak Goo
    4. My Girlfriend
    5. Korean Naughty Kiss
    6. Forbidden Love (Nine-Tailed Fox)
    7. ATHENA (MINERVA)
    8. I Am Legend
    9. Dawn
    10. Giant

This could be a hint that there are a lot of anticipation on SungKyunKwan Scandal, thus hopefully the drama itself won’t make all this interests died.

All SKKS casts, PD, and staffs………. HWAITING!!!

source: nate + baidu

-------------------------------

[Trans] 100811 SungKyunKwan Scandal To Hold Large-Scale Variety Production Report Conference!

KBS 2TV’s new miniseries , which is receiving love from both domestic and overseas fans, is preparing a unique production report conference that mirrors a large-scale variety show.

The production report conference, which will be held on the 17th, will not follow the traditional form of introducing the drama and holding a press conference. Instead, it plans to please the eyes and ears with various attractions such as a mask performance, laser show and hanbok fashion show.

Also, another reason why this production report conference is so unique is because it will be the first to be simultaneously aired live on both Daum (www.daum.net) and KBSi (www.kbsi.co.kr). This has never been done before, and it can be seen as a surprise gift for domestic and overseas fans who have been supporting .

PD Kim Yeon Sung of said, “We have prepared a unique production report conference filled with various attractions in order to give back to our fans who have been supporting and waiting for ,” and “Not only will our press conference be unique, but will also bring something special with a new ‘Historical Youth’ genre. We’ve all been working hard so please continue to give us your support.”

(omitted)

Source: [osen+SKK Official Site]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 08:39 PM | Show all posts
[Trans] 100811 K-Sure Provides 2 Billion Won Culture Exportation Insurance To SungKyunKwan Scandal

It was revealed on the 11th that the Korea Trade Insurance Corporation K-Sure has provided drama KBS2′s ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’ with two billion Won in culture exportation insurance.

Thanks to K-Sure’s support, Raemong Raein, the company in charge of the drama, has been able to get a two billion Won loan from the bank for their 6.7 billion Won production costs and is planning to repay this loan with the profits made from domestic and overseas exportation of the drama.

SungKyunKwan Scandal has both a cinematic and crowd-attracting quality as it was chosen as the ’2010 Global Frontier Project’ drama by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and the Korea Creative Content Agency as well as the most awaited drama of the second half of 2010 by netizens.

A representative of K-Sure stated, “Dramas are the representative Hallyu Culture product with them accounting for 90% of televised contents exports,” and “K-Sure’s support for KBS dramas will continue as KBS has continued to create popular dramas such as ‘Iris’, ‘Marry Me’ and ‘SungKyunKwan Scandal’.”

Source: [segye+SKK Official Site]

[News] Park Min-young closest to Micky Yoochun on set

It sounds like the Joseon era F4 is establishing a good rapport on the set of the upcoming drama Sungkyunkwan Scandal. In a recent interview, actress Park Min-young said that she grew close to Micky Yoochun the fastest, and that along with Song Joong-ki and Yoo Ah-in, the four of them are as tight as siblings.

Production is well under way, and the four stars who are of similar ages became fast friends and are reportedly stuck to each other like glue. Park met Micky Yoochun for the first time on the set of the drama, but she said, “From the start, because Yoochun and I have the most scenes together, we were the first to become friends. Because the set was unfamiliar, I was thinking I should be the first to say, ‘Let’s be comfortable with each other.’” [This is another way of saying, let's speak banmal.]

Park: “…But Yoochun and I both have bright, outgoing personalities, so without even having a chance to say the words, we quickly became like friends who had known each other for years. As I started acting I became more outgoing so I’m not a shy person, but Yoochun is really not shy at all. He has a great personality. He always thinks of other people and he’s a deep person, and a considerate friend.”

About Song Joong-ki and Yoo Ah-in, and the foursome, she said, “It’s like moving up a grade and meeting new friends. Because I’m dressed like a boy, more and more it seems like they’re treating me like a brother. During production when actors have good relationships it can be a great deal of strength, and our personalities fit well together and the mood is always jovial, so I’m thankful for that.”

PD Kim Yun-sung said, “The actors’ ages are roughly the same, so they all became friends quickly, without reservations, making the mood on set always bright. The staff always jokes that they’re the modern version of their characters. I think we can happily anticipate good things.”

Park’s character in the drama cross-dresses to attend the school, and makes friends with the others, becoming one of the boys. Micky Yoochun’s character is known for sticking to his principles, Yoo Ah-in plays the hopeless screw-up, and Song Joong-ki plays Joseon’s Number One Playboy.

This? Should be awesome.

The campus-fusion-sageuk Sungkyunkwan Scandal airs after Gumiho: Tale of the Fox’s Child completes its run, and premieres on KBS, August 30.

source: Chosun, Mk.co.kr + dramabeans

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 08:55 PM | Show all posts
[Trans] 100815 SungKyunKwan Scandal in Japan

Press Release
Culture Convenience Club Co., Ltd. [Product Service]
The newest Korean TV drama of Yoochun (Tohoshinki, which activities are currently suspended). Yoochun takes the leading role for the first time!!
Release of the Japanese drama title for “SungKyunKwan Scandal (original title)”

———————

Culture Convenience Club Co., Ltd is pleased to inform you that TSUTAYA will start the exclusive rental service of the historical love comedy “SungKyunKwan Scandal (original title)” in 2011. Yoochun (of Tohoshinki, which activities are currently suspended), has taken the leading role for the drama, and is the hot topics of today.

The Japanese title is decided as:
トキメキ☆成均館(ソンギュンガン)スキャンダル
(T/N: Tokimeki☆SungKyunKwan Scandal. Tokimeki can be translated to “exciting feelings”)
We would appreciate it very much if you will use this Japanese title when writing/posting articles.

The “exciting feelings☆” of the dramas “You’re Beautiful” and “Boys Over Flowers” will comeback in the Korean historical drama version!!

『トキメキ☆成均館スキャンダル』
【Cast】
Yoochun, Park MinYoung, Song JoongKi, Yu A-In
【Brief summary】&【Story】
(T/N: translation omitted)
【Will be released from】
Culture Publishers
—–
Date of the press release: August 13, 2010

source: PR TIMES
translation: smiley @ OneTVXQ.com
credits: OneTVXQ.com { One World. One Red Ocean. One TVXQ! }
Feel free to repost, but please leave the full credits intact. Thanks!

[Trans] 100814 KBS Sungkyunkwan Scandal Nickname Contest

KBS2 drama Sungkyunkwan Scandal through their website is holding a “Sungkyunkwan Scandal Nickname” competition, until the 16th. With Korean’s younger generation’s love and friend relationships as the key in illustrating an adolescent growth story, will broadcast for the first time the 30th of this month at 9:55pm.

source: Sungkyunkwan Scandal website+cassiopeia.5d6d
trans by: sharingyoochun.net

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-8-2010 09:05 PM | Show all posts
[Pic+Trans] 100816 Official SungKyunKwan Scandal Poster

What’s written on the poster

Shh! You’re the only one who doesn’t know, the confession that shakes my youth.

credit: osen
shared+trans by: sharingyoochun.net

[News] Sungkyunkwan Scandal releases its poster

The poster’s out for “campus romance youth sageuk drama” Sungkyunkwan Scandal, and the image basically tells us what we need to know: It’s comedic, romantic, and definitely not your parents’ sageuk.

The photo features Micky Yoochun with Park Min-young, with the word “Shh!” written between them. He plays lead character Sun-joon — rich, talented, smart — while she plays Yoon-hee, a girl who dresses as a boy to enter the school at Sungkyunkwan. S/he falls in with Sun-joon’s crowd, which is rounded out by rebellious Jae-shin (Yoo Ah-in) and playboy Yong-ha (Song Joong-ki). Naturally hormones get involved, some wires get crossed, and hijinks ensue.

The production team also opened up an official Twitter account at [url]http://twitter.com/@scandal2010[/url]to open up more lines of communication with its viewing public.

The KBS Monday-Tuesday drama will premiere on August 30.

Via OSEN

credit: dramabeans

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 06:29 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071884 second(s), 39 queries .