CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 118116|Reply: 1398

[MBC] Arang Magistrate Story - (Shin Min Ah, Lee Jun-ki)

[Copy link]
Post time 17-3-2012 05:09 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Post Last Edit by nzhass79 at 21-3-2012 20:38

Director:  KIM SANG-HO  

Writer: JEONG YOON-JEONG

Broadcasting Period: -July 2012-

Cast: Shin Mina, Lee Jun-ki

Cerita hantu rakyat zaman joseon... Shooting start on Mei..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 17-3-2012 05:11 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by kebayaunggu at 17-3-2012 17:19

Shin Mina and Lee Jun-ki headline new drama

Looks like fusion sageuks are going to be all the rage this summer. And this one’s even got an added summer-horror kick to it, to liven up the landscape. Shin Mina (My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho) and Lee Jun-ki (Iljimae, Hero) will be making their drama comeback together this year in a fusion retelling of the folklore ghost tale Arang Magistrate Story, or Arang for short.

This will be Lee Jun-ki’s first drama back from army duty (aw, they grow up so fast) and Shin Mina’s anticipated return to the small screen since her insanely popular turn as a modern gumiho. It’s a little typecasty to go from mythical nine-tailed fox to vengeance ghost, but I don’t think this supernatural creature’s going to be chowin’ down on meat or playing hoi-hoi anytime soon.

The drama is based on famous folklore, as all ghost stories are: During the Joseon era in the city of Milyang, Arang was the pure, beautiful, good-hearted daughter of a magistrate. (Magistrates figure into a LOT of Korean folklore, as they are the local men of power, and often depicted as abusing said power or meeting some untimely demise.) She grew up without a mother, and was raised by a wicked caretaker who conspired to have her be raped and ruined by a servant. He attacked and she resisted, so he stabbed and killed her, and left her body to rot in the woods.

Her father the magistrate just believed that she eloped with a man (dishonorably, of course) and so resigned his position swathed in shame. Thus the legend goes that every time a new magistrate comes to Milyang to fill the position, Arang’s vengeful ghost shows up to tell him her story and he flees in terror. She just wants you to hear her, ’cause girl was PURE, and her daddy DIDN’T LISTEN. Yunno, ghosts are misunderstood like that.

But one day a new magistrate comes to town — a young man by the name of Lee Sang-sa. Arang appears to him like every other magistrate before him, but this man doesn’t flee, and instead sympathizes with Arang, and promises to find her killer and avenge her death. Cue drama. Not bad for a ghost story, eh?

So Shin Mina will be playing Arang, of course, and Lee Jun-ki the new magistrate Lee Sang-sa who I’m assuming does more than just sympathize with her, making for an epic I-love-a-ghost-but-we-can-never-be-together tragic love affair. Sounds awesome to me, since you can’t get any more epic than Dead Girl Loves Not-So-Dead Boy.

At the helm is PD Kim Sang-ho, of Can You Hear My Heart, Hon, and Fantasy Couple, and writing is Jung Yoon-jung, who has no credits to her name. I’m excited for some spooky summer fun, so hopefully it’ll deliver in epic proportions. Arang will air on MBC in July.

source : dramabean

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2012 05:40 PM | Show all posts
~ reserve ~

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-3-2012 05:44 PM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by kebayaunggu at 17-3-2012 21:41

yey... lee jun ki ngan shin min ah... 2-2 back lepas 2 tahun xkua drama baru

Use magic Report

Post time 17-3-2012 07:03 PM | Show all posts
wah..ade junki

Use magic Report

Post time 17-3-2012 09:21 PM | Show all posts
waaahhh comeback junki......tp naper citer zaman2 dulu

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 17-3-2012 09:38 PM | Show all posts
junkiiiii....!!

Use magic Report

Post time 17-3-2012 11:09 PM | Show all posts
junki dah tak setembam dulu... (tgk gambar 1st post )

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 17-3-2012 11:15 PM | Show all posts
Reply 8# net_level

yup... dia pon ckp berat badan dia turun sampai muke cengkung...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-3-2012 06:45 PM | Show all posts
cerite Arang Magistrate Story ni ade dalam buku ni.....

Myths and Legends from Korea: An Annotated Compendium of Ancient and Modern Materials [Hardcover]
James H. Grayson

This book contains 175 tales drawn equally from the ancient and modern periods of Korea, plus 16 further tales provided for comparative purposes. Nothing else on this scale or depth is available in any western language. Three broad classes of material are included: foundation myths of ancient states and clans, ancient folktales and legends, modern folktales. Each narrative contains information on its source and provenance, and on its folklore type, similarities to folklore types from China, Japan and elsewhere.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-3-2012 07:12 PM | Show all posts
yey junki is back...dia nampak jantan skit..baru kuar dari army kekdahnya... shin min ah pun lama tak tgk dia berlakon drama selepas my gf is gumiho

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-3-2012 07:18 PM | Show all posts
Reply 11# honey_jelly

tu la... rindu ngan diorg nih... stakat ni diorg xpernah belakon skali dlm 1 drama lg kan??

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2012 03:00 PM | Show all posts
jun ki dah kuar army ker... wah! bestnyer!

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2012 04:07 PM | Show all posts
SMA..

Use magic Report

Post time 21-3-2012 12:44 AM | Show all posts
Arang Magistrate Story - ingat cite majistrate arang batu kat batu Arang...rupanya cite Korea

Use magic Report

Post time 21-3-2012 04:10 PM | Show all posts
woahh..! lee jun ki! shin min ah! pewwittt!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-3-2012 11:25 PM | Show all posts
okey notedddddddddd

Use magic Report

Post time 23-3-2012 10:33 PM | Show all posts
like~~~~
suke tgk cite sageuk ni..pakai hanbok..cunnnnnn!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-3-2012 10:48 PM | Show all posts
like~~~~
suke tgk cite sageuk ni..pakai hanbok..cunnnnnn!
Syayang Post at 23-3-2012 22:33

me too.... hehehehheee....

Use magic Report

Post time 24-3-2012 01:37 AM | Show all posts
lisa suka jun ki with long hair.........

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

4-5-2024 02:31 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.082813 second(s), 45 queries .