Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 8098|Reply: 50

[Tempatan] Cikgu Besar SK Pristana akan saman Guneswari Kelly, tak puas hati

[Copy link]
Post time 3-7-2014 09:51 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Seri Pristana principal mulls legal action against shower-room incident whistleblower                                                                                                                                                                        
BY DIYANA IBRAHIM

Published: 3 July 2014

The space at the locker room at Seri Pristana is now used for games. – The Malaysian Insider pic by Shafiq Safiee, July 3, 2014.

One year after the controversial incident at SK Seri Pristana in Sungai Buloh where non-Muslim students were ordered to eat in a shower room during Ramadan, the headmaster has finally broken his silence on it but he still refuses to apologise for issuing the directive.

He is instead mulling legal action against the whistleblower parent who had uploaded pictures of the non-Muslim students eating in the shower room during recess.

Mohd Nasir Mohd Noor, who will retire in August after a 34-year teaching career, said the actions of the whistleblower, who had taken pictures in the school compound without permission from the administration, had breached school rules.

"I might take legal action against the whistleblower after retiring," Nasir, who has been the principal of Seri Pristana for the last three years,  told The Malaysian Insider.        

"She broke our rules although she registered herself as a visitor at the guard post. But she had to inform us before taking pictures, which she didn't do."

He said the parents were hasty in their condemnation of the school without discussing the matter with the administration and he found their actions regretful.

Downplaying the incident, he said: "This is not even an issue, but it happened this way because there were too many exploitations and many were saying things that were not true. Actually, the room was clean and this is what happened when no one talked to us.

"It's just that maybe I did not close the door to the changing room so people thought there were toilets in the room even though there were not," he said.

School principal Mohd Nasir Mohd Noor stands by his earlier decision and refuses to apologise. – The Malaysian Insider pic by Shafiq Safiee, July 3, 2014.

Nasir also rubbished claims that parents of non-Muslim students had transferred their children out of the school.

He said only the whistleblower had taken her child out of the school while the number of students in Seri Pristana has increased to 1,600 from 1,400.

"Alhamdulillah, we are getting more students. When we first started the school, we only had about 500 students but now we have so many that we do not have enough classes for them. The number of non-Muslim students increased from 20 to 30," he said.

The school came under the spotlight last July during the Ramadan period after a parent, Guneswari Kelly, uploaded a picture on Facebook of non-Muslim students eating in the shower room during recess. The picture went viral and caused an uproar among the public.

Following that, 18 police reports were lodged against the school and its headmaster while the school replied with four reports of its own, claiming that the headmaster and several teachers were threatened.

Nasir, who claimed he had been slandered by parents and interest groups over his decision to use the school's changing room as a temporary canteen, was ordered by the Selangor Education Department to take a week’s leave at the height of the controversy.

The following month, Guneswari and two other non-Muslim parents were reported to have transferred their children out of the school following complaints of bullying and intimidation by teachers and other pupils after the issue blew up.

Nasir revealed that at the time he was also under a lot of pressure, including dealing with calls for him to resign or be transferred to another school.

Despite that, he stood his ground and insisted that he would not apologise.

"I have not apologised until now. If the education department or the ministry did, I don't know. But not me. It is not my intention to turn my back on the law. I had good intentions.

"I followed procedures as we already had a discussion with the management and Parent-Teacher Association (PTA). It was not as if they didn't know the room was being used since May when we decided to renovate the canteen," he added.

Nasir said that besides receiving death threats, he was also asked to be transferred elsewhere.

"I was asked to go to another school but I did not back down. In fact, when I met with Datuk Seri Idris Jusoh (Education Minister II), I brought along a list of my contributions to education for him to evaluate.

"I told him that I was not a teacher who just sits at home and goes to school. My achievements are more than that, in school, outside school and even to the party. If I had just kept quiet and followed procedures and got transferred out, people would say that I did something wrong," he added.

Nasir also expressed his disappointment with the Education Ministry which tend to transfer teachers out if there were issues.

"I know that getting transferred is a normal thing for teachers but not when it is used with the excuse of keeping the peace and to calm a situation. They should, instead, investigate first then take action.

"But when they do this, I dare say that the government's support will dwindle as educators do not feel protected," he added.

Nasir said the changing room in question has since been converted to a physical exercise room and non-Muslim students are using the canteen during this Ramadan period.

The school, he said, had also organised a unity programme following the incident, on the recommendation of the ministry.

"We had the event to calm things down and we invited parents and guardians. It was similar to a canteen day with many activities. It went smoothly and was fun," he said.

Nasir added that Seri Pristana has an impressive track record in academics and sports despite being opened only three years ago.

"We received many awards and we have been shortlisted to be chosen as a cluster school, which I plan to achieve before I retire on August 1.

"I always said that my vision was to make the school known in the state but I never thought it would be this famous," he said. – July 3, 2014.
- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.c ... thash.CTHYBvsL.dpuf

Last edited by ifanonline on 3-7-2014 09:55 AM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-7-2014 09:53 AM | Show all posts
Saman.............jangan x saman.

Mcm kata soghang MP "U repeat................i sue you"

Bley kita dengaq ceghiter sebenaq nya.
And atas undang2 apa yg dia nak saman.

Bley sama sama belajaq dari insiden ini.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-7-2014 09:56 AM | Show all posts
"I told him that I was not a teacher who just sits at home and goes to school. My achievements are more than that, in school, outside school and even to the party. If I had just kept quiet and followed procedures and got transferred out, people would say that I did something wrong," he added.

contribution to the party tu yg tak menahan...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-7-2014 09:57 AM | Show all posts
Nasir also expressed his disappointment with the Education Ministry which tend to transfer teachers out if there were issues.

amacam cikgu cikgi di CI...betoi ka ckp cikgu nasir...?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-7-2014 09:58 AM | Show all posts
"But when they do this, I dare say that the government's support will dwindle as educators do not feel protected," he added.

should educators be protected if they did something wrong...r u bullshitting me?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-7-2014 09:59 AM | Show all posts
niceghost2005 posted on 3-7-2014 09:53 AM
Saman.............jangan x saman.

Mcm kata soghang MP "U repeat................i sue you"

saman la hindu tu, dier pedulik haper...jap lagi mencicit minta tolong subramaniam, parti komponen BN...yg sekor lagi party UMNO...gasak pi la...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 3-7-2014 10:00 AM | Show all posts
saman?
sbb bagi sedekah bulan posa ka??

Use magic Report

Post time 3-7-2014 10:09 AM | Show all posts
ifanonline posted on 3-7-2014 09:56 AM
contribution to the party tu yg tak menahan...

ushar2 nak jadi calon la tu ...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 3-7-2014 10:12 AM | Show all posts
penari posted on 3-7-2014 10:09 AM
ushar2 nak jadi calon la tu ...

dier tak pueh hati tu di arah transfer...ade bau2 masuk PR ni...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-7-2014 10:22 AM | Show all posts
saman je...

freedom of speech should go both ways...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-7-2014 10:28 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Kalau gua bagi budak ummah Melayu makan bersila dalam toilet, apa lu rasa?

Use magic Report

Post time 3-7-2014 10:28 AM | Show all posts
Suruh mak bapak bontot kuali mangkuk tu pi belajar di yindia la deyyyy!!

Use magic Report

Post time 3-7-2014 10:31 AM | Show all posts
Cakkkk....aaaa posted on 3-7-2014 10:22 AM
saman je...

freedom of speech should go both ways...

freedom to slander.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-7-2014 10:37 AM | Show all posts
nak saman, saman je.. takyah dok cakap je.. this is a free country.. u saman dia, dia saman u..

apa pun, isele telah menang la..

Use magic Report

Post time 3-7-2014 10:45 AM | Show all posts
Setahu saya, breach of school rules tu bukan satu alasan sah utk saman atau dakwa. Tp kalau cikgu besar ni nak, dia boleh saman bawah defamation atau ungkapan biasa dia ialah saman malu. Cumanya, dalam undang2 defamation atau undang2 fitnah, orang yg kena saman tu boleh kemukakan beberapa pembelaan termasuk justification. Maknanya, Guneswari perlu buktikan bahawa kejadian makan kat tandas sekolah tu mmg betul terjadi dan bukannya menipu seperti gambar photoshop. Dan kalau terbukti, maka mahkamah akan memutuskan tiada liabiliti ke atas org yg disaman sbb dia berkata benar. Justification is a complete defence in defamation suits.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-7-2014 10:49 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ifanonline posted on 3-7-2014 09:58 AM
should educators be protected if they did something wrong...r u bullshitting me?

What was his wrongdoing?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-7-2014 10:51 AM | Show all posts
Teruskan niat tu, cikgu. Setuju sgt

Use magic Report

Post time 3-7-2014 10:54 AM | Show all posts
kasmela posted on 3-7-2014 10:31 AM
freedom to slander.

hehehe... let the court decide..

bagi maideen extra income kas...

Use magic Report

Post time 3-7-2014 10:55 AM | Show all posts
isu dah lame, nk bising2 lagi..

pose taun depan parent budak tu lak jwb..

pose taun depan lg turn org lain plak..

Use magic Report

Post time 3-7-2014 10:56 AM | Show all posts
Badut.Sarkas posted on 3-7-2014 10:37 AM
nak saman, saman je.. takyah dok cakap je.. this is a free country.. u saman dia, dia saman u..

tak bleh saman sekarang... dia masih kakitangan awam...

apa2 pun dia kena tunggu kementerian pendidikan dan kerajaan malaysia yg saman...

yg pastinya... sangat mustahil... atas nama racial unity...

katanya lah...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

4-5-2024 07:59 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071508 second(s), 49 queries .