CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1907|Reply: 0

Siti Nurhaliza talks about album sales, AIM nominations

[Copy link]
Post time 23-11-2014 07:04 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Local songbird talks AIM nominations, being a businesswoman and celebrating her 20th year in show business.

It's been a fruitful year for local pop darling Datuk Siti Nurhaliza.

Fragmen, the singer’s first studio album in three years and first Malay-language album in five years, was released in June and has since sold an estimated 50,000 copies.

“Before, selling 100,000 copies is quite easy; but today, being able to sell just 10,000 copies is already very good, considering the decline in demand for physical CDs in this day and age. Most people would rather download their music on iTunes,” says the 35-year-old artiste in an interview with Star2 during the SimplySiti Di Hati 2014 event.

Siti, who also launched Fragmen in Indonesia last month (the Indonesian edition contains an additional track with Cakra Khan, Seluruh Cinta), credits the overwhelming response to her supportive fans: “Many still choose to purchase my CDs as they regard them as a personal keepsake and view my photos or read what I have to say to them.”

Besides encouraging album sales, Siti is leading the list of nominees at this year’s Anugerah Industri Muzik (AIM), happening on Dec 6, with eight nods.

“Every time I make an album, the target is always to make my best album and for AIM. To me, it’s important to set a target when producing an album to ensure its quality,” she shares.

She also confesses, despite having won more than 30 AIM awards over the years, she still gets nervous each time she is up for an award.

Local composer and singer Ajai recently revealed his decision to cease submitting his work for AIM consideration two years ago after losing faith in its awarding process. While Siti is not aware of Ajai’s statement, she offers: “Depending on the category, the jury may be made up of reporters, composers, the artistes themselves and at times, even some who are not from the industry.”

“If possible, in certain categories such as Best Musical Arrangement, I hope that the jury will consist of those who are well-versed in the category.”

Besides being recognised for her contributions in music, her entrepreneurial endeavour, SimplySiti, is also getting noticed. Just last week, Siti received the National Icon title at the Women of Excellence Malaysia awards presentation event held in Kuala Lumpur and then, a day later, a trophy at the Jewel Of Muslim World Awards.

But the singer, who is also the president of the five-year-old cosmetic line, says she still has a lot to learn when it comes to being a businesswoman.

Siti also shares candidly on the personal front: “As for my family life, I’m still praying and trying to have my own baby, but I don’t think too much about it. I’m taking it easy and focusing on my work and my upcoming projects, instead of getting stressed and thinking, ‘when I will have a baby?’”

Indeed, she is thinking ahead. Come 2015, Siti will be celebrating her 20th year in show business. To mark the occasion, she teases a special concert and is open to the idea of a greatest hits album.

She says: “I’m so blessed. To be an artiste and to still be loved after 20 years is something extraordinary. I’m thankful to all my fans who have never stopped supporting me, even after they’ve grown up and gone on to raise their families.”

Posted by :

For more information all of you can contact us at:

* QQ        : 2813997455

* Skype     : M8BOLA MALAYSIA

* We chat   : M8BOLA_MY

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 06:12 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.304224 second(s), 25 queries .