Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: jpl_fan

FENERBAHCE 2 MTK 0 ~ucl...r.carlos scored

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 1-4-2008 10:43 PM | Show all posts
Cole Salutes Fener's Brazilian Idols

Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole says he'll be coming up against two of his idols in Istanbul on Wednesday night in Fenerbahce coach Zico and left-back Roberto Carlos

The England international has spoken of his admiration for the pair ahead of their Champions League quarter-final meeting, but says his respect for them makes him only more determined to beat them.

The Legend Of Zico

"I loved Zico as a player," said the 26-year-old Blues star. "He was a top, top player - one of the best. I love watching him play and have loads of videos of him.

"And now he抯 also proving himself to be a top manager too," continued Cole of the Brazilian, whose Fenerbahce side currently top the Turkish Super League.

揑 had his picture from when I met him a few years ago and made it the screen saver on my computer," Cole explained, revealing how big a fan of the Brazilian he is. "Of course you look at great players and try to emulate what they can do," added Cole when asked if he modelled any of his own game on Zico's.

揟he 1983 Brazil team he was in was fantastic. They were a great side and everybody expected them to win the World Cup but they didn抰. They were probably the most famous team never to win it, a great side."

Roberto Carlos Challenge

But while Cole sadly arrived on the scene a few years too late to have the chance to play against Zico, he'll find himself face-to-face with another Brazilian legend, Roberto Carlos, on the pitch at the Sukru Saracoglu stadium.

揑抦 really looking forward to testing myself against him," said the Chelsea midfielder, an unused sub for England in the 2-1 defeat to Brazil at World Cup in 2002.

"For me, Roberto Carlos has been the best left-back in the world for the last 10 years so it抯 a really big test for me - attacking and defending. I know I抣l have to defend because he loves to come forward. But that抯 what I want - to play against the best players. It will be great for me to see what I can do against him.擺/b]

Istanbul Atmosphere

Cole also revealed that he's looking forward to playing football in front of one of the most feared crowds in Europe. 揑t will be an intensive atmosphere but I think it抯 great," he commented of the Istanbul couldron. 揟hat抯 what you want to play in - these kind of atmospheres. They really get you up for the game."

Taking It Seriously

As for Chelsea's chances, Cole remains confident they can progress over two legs, but stressed that they needed a bit of fortune too if they're to go all the way in Europe this year. "If we抮e going to win the Champions League we will need the bit of luck that we haven抰 had in the last few years," he said.

"But first and foremost we need to play well. We need a better performance than we gave on Sunday against Middlesbrough - from everybody. If we do that we抣l get the right result. It would be wrong to under-estimate Fenerbahce and think we抣l get through easily to play Liverpool or Arsenal. We must not do that and we won抰, I can tell you that.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-4-2008 11:35 PM | Show all posts

Reply #222 jpl_fan's post

sebab tu la dia x pandai defend

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-4-2008 04:05 PM | Show all posts

Reply #223 beanbai's post

skrg dia dah pandai defend woo..

tp r.carlos x main pg nanti kot..injed

Use magic Report

Post time 2-4-2008 05:10 PM | Show all posts

Reply #224 jpl_fan's post

bagus la abg botak tak main...dia tu bulih jd punca kekalahan...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-4-2008 05:14 PM | Show all posts

Reply #225 toaster's post

wei..ko kena ingat r.carlos yg jd hero fenerbahce lwn sevilla kat home..man of the match tuu...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-4-2008 05:15 PM | Show all posts
erkk kat sini pun ader kambeng

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-4-2008 05:15 PM | Show all posts
kat sini plak kena serang kambeng?

Use magic Report

Post time 2-4-2008 05:17 PM | Show all posts

Reply #226 jpl_fan's post

tp dia yg jd villian masa real kalah ngan bayern last sizen...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-4-2008 05:19 PM | Show all posts

Reply #229 toaster's post

baper kali daah citer pasal bayern....
kalo mcm tuu canna jd villain time lwn valencia ler erk..heinze jd villain lwn x ingat...rvn jd villain sebab x score...ikutkan lwn bayern hari tuu..semua jd villain...sebab x leh nak score

korang kutuk laa dia...lg korang kutuk..lg aku sayang kat dia..idola woo

Use magic Report

Post time 2-4-2008 05:23 PM | Show all posts
gud luck to alex n edu ...... juga abe zico:eek:

Use magic Report

Post time 2-4-2008 05:24 PM | Show all posts

Reply #230 jpl_fan's post

takleh nak ckp camtu...dh terang2 abg katik dok buat lawak penuh bergaya masa tu..dh mmg silap dia...yg lain2 tu mmg buat silap gak..tp kesilapan yg biasa2...ramai yg buat silap camtu...

Use magic Report

Post time 2-4-2008 05:29 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-4-2008 05:31 PM | Show all posts

Reply #232 toaster's post

ok fine dia buat lwk...tp game 90 minutes daa...lps tuu dia defend giler2...dia attack giler2...dia assists giler2...tp player lain x dpt gak score...real still leh mng kalo player lain score kan...leh jer mng per..

Use magic Report

Post time 2-4-2008 05:37 PM | Show all posts
kamon deivid <--- aku tak penah kenal dia neh..tapi mcm bagus... skorr lah dikau sepam dua....:pompom: :pompom:

Use magic Report

Post time 2-4-2008 06:42 PM | Show all posts

Reply #234 jpl_fan's post

yelah2...mcm mana aku kutuk pon kompom ko backing gila2 punya...

pepon2 aku sokong tim bacin...kamon bacin ganyang celsi! :pompom:

Use magic Report

Post time 2-4-2008 06:51 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by jpl_fan at 2-4-2008 05:19 PM
baper kali daah citer pasal bayern....
kalo mcm tuu canna jd villain time lwn valencia ler erk..heinze jd villain lwn x ingat...rvn jd villain sebab x score...ikutkan lwn bayern hari tuu..sem ...

bangganyer haku jadik sapoter tim neh ..masuk uefa cup pon org dok citer2 lagik

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-4-2008 06:51 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by toaster at 2-4-2008 05:17 PM
tp dia yg jd villian masa real kalah ngan bayern last sizen...

manisnya kenangan itewww

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-4-2008 11:16 PM | Show all posts

Reply #236 toaster's post

aku x kisah fenerbahce kalah pun...diorang pun x pernah sampai this stage...tp yg penting diorang x kena blasah laa ngan chelsea

kalo fenerbahce kalah x der saper yg malu...org akan ckp " u have try ur best"...masuk QF nie pun dah kire terrer...tp kalo chelsea kalah ngan fener...malu wei

Use magic Report

Post time 2-4-2008 11:39 PM | Show all posts
C'mon abg botak n gang!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 3-4-2008 04:42 AM | Show all posts
cayalahhh tim kuning biru neh!!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

26-6-2024 07:45 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.354626 second(s), 41 queries .