CariDotMy

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: idolfan

[Buku] Pride & Prejudice

[Copy link]
Post time 21-9-2008 03:00 PM | Show all posts
for me EMMA and PRIDE & PREJUDICE are the best ones.....

emma sebab  hhuhu she  is married to her brother in law herself  BUT personally the dynamics of ELIZABETH & DARCY are undeniably interesting ...and i dunno there's something about them and  this efect has been strengthen by the fact in MAYA SLATER book - the diary of Mr Darcy...at the very lat page of the book - the editor's note ---

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-9-2008 10:58 AM | Show all posts

Balas #12 mbhcsf\ catat

TERUJA sesgt nak baca 'mr darcy's diary' lepas dgr komen 'mbhcsf'..n guess what??? :victory:

Semalam berjaya gak beli , wpun seibuk dgn semangat nak raya . tgu proses nak khatam, mcm slow sikit la since sibuk nak raya nie, mcm2 nak kena setel dulu

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2008 12:30 PM | Show all posts

Balas #17 mbhcsf\ catat

bukan Bapak Darcy...Tuan Darcy...Nyonya Bennet...hehehe...kelakar la jugak..

tapi feel beb...wa cakap lu...

gua memang layan klasik..shakespeare..

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2008 01:29 PM | Show all posts
read it long ago... masa sekolah menengah... didnt quite get it... too young to appreciate good books..
used to think danielle steel's was better..

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2008 01:30 PM | Show all posts
dont mind me..just passing through

Use magic Report

Post time 11-10-2008 11:49 AM | Show all posts

Reply #20 sixret's post

For me, the best of six will always be "  Pride & Prejudice". The list goes as follows ...
1) Pride & Prejudice
2) Persuasion
3) Emma
4) Northanger Abbey
5) Sense & Sensibility
6) Mansfield Park

My list of Austen Men  
1) Captain Wentworth (Persuasion)
2) Mr Darcy (P& P)
3) Henry Tilney (NA)
4) George Knightley (Emma)
5) Edmund Bertram (MP)
6) Edward Ferrars (S&S)

For fans of P& P especially the 2005 movie starring Keira Knightley, join le kita orang kat sini   

http://pridenprejudice.proboards101.com/index.cgi Last edited by mahsuri1284 on 30-1-2013 01:19 AM

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 29-10-2008 12:41 PM | Show all posts
buku P & P ni nta brp kali ulang... mmg besh. boring baca buku tgk dvd pulak...

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2008 11:24 PM | Show all posts
Am one of those who had read it a long, long time ago. The girls back then would be swept off their feet reading such books lor!
As usual the hero would be proud, principled and scrupilously honourable. You want to hate him but then you love him.

[ Last edited by  hamizao at 30-10-2008 02:51 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-10-2008 12:58 AM | Show all posts
and i would want to add that Julia Quinn is you know the modern Jane Austen - just read her books..and u'll will sigghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

my favourites ever are :

PRIDE & PREJUDICE - this is brilliant
EMMA

the rest are all ok

but this author, Austen, was really brilliant in potraying the qualities of  a lady that often ignored/overlooked by most gentlemen, apart from those of DARCY - type - qualities. I like the way Austen accentuate her character- their brilliance, their world - view, their personalities - mostly she potrayed the ladies as being very active not too submissive or passive. She tries to project the qualities that a gentleman ( may be at that time0 SHOULD BE  looking for when on the look for a you know what...and then recently, i have read the novels by Julia   Quinna , i must say that Quinn must the you know'reincarnation ' of Austen..hahahah...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2008 03:51 AM | Show all posts
JA's heroines are not all active etc. One of the reasons why  S&S and MP are the bottom two in my JA novel list is becoz I feel Elinor Dashwood and Fanny Price are the quiet type. I'm not really into Anne Elliot either but Captain Wentworth and the themes of the novel push Persuasion to #2 in the list.

Emma Thompson's portrayal of Elinor in S&S doesn't help - in fact it kinda turn me off coz of her age. Hattie Morahan's Elinor in S&S 2008, I think, is better (as I didn't know her age when I first saw it --  only discovered later that she's in her late 20s dah tapi x pe la ... sorry, bias skit but in a way, it does influence me a bit   ).

Apa-apa pun, Pride and Prejudice is still number one!   

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 12-10-2010 04:44 PM | Show all posts
Maaflah naikkan balik thread berkurun. ahahaha... tapi baru je habis nengok dua versi 'pride and prejudice' 1995 ngan 2005. Dua2 Mr.Darcy best, tapi rasanya Colin Firth is better sebab BBC punya adaptation lagi accurate berbanding Hollywood version. Bride and Prejudice, Bollywood version tak best langsung. Don't like classics to be tampered. Because 'Pride and Prejudice' is a great romance novel because of the characters, kalau tukar sangat jadi hambar.

Baca buku ni beberapa kali pun memang tak bosan. For a historical romance sucker like myself, Pride and prejudice ni kira macam 'The Godfather' of Historical romance novel. Kalau minat baca historical romance atau romance novel, tak sah kalau sekali dalam hidup tak baca buku ni. My opinion la.

Dah baca buku Jane Austen yg lain tapi tak berapa nak ingat dah cerita2nya... Seems like they are on my next to read list. Jane Austen was a brilliant writer of her times.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2012 01:37 PM | Show all posts
teruja nya jumpa thread ni!!! I love Pride And Prejudice

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2012 01:41 PM | Show all posts
noiemo posted on 12-9-2008 08:39 PM
First time baca buku nie masa sekolah rendah rasanya... advance x aku??
Tp versi bahasa melayu   ...

waaaa,advance nya

saya tau fasal Pride and Prejudice mase form 1

mse tu cuti sekolah tayang Pride and Prejudice 1995,dulu2 ada tv metrovision kalau tak silap

metrovision la memperkenalkan Pride And Prejudice kpd saya

menarik!menarik nak dpt buku ni??

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2012 01:48 PM | Show all posts
sultana posted on 12-10-2010 04:44 PM
Maaflah naikkan balik thread berkurun. ahahaha... tapi baru je habis nengok dua versi 'pride and pre ...

Saya setuju sgt dgn pendpt awak

Pride and Prejudice versi 1995 dan 2005  dua dua memang best

Mr Darcy yang charming

tapi kalau kena pilih 1 memang pilih Colin Firth

scene Mr Darcy buat pengakuan yg dia suka kan Elizabeth
saya suka versi 2005.sweet quarrel

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2012 07:36 PM | Show all posts
actually... sapa pakai iphone bole donlod free kt ibook... all jane austen classic n other classic as well...

Use magic Report

Post time 30-1-2013 01:14 AM | Show all posts
Saja nak war-warkan ... ulang tahun ke-200 buku cerita " Pride and Prejudice" pada 28 January 2013  

http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/austen   Last edited by mahsuri1284 on 30-1-2013 01:16 AM

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-6-2013 02:04 AM | Show all posts
Kalau sudah baca bukunya, sila tonton siri "lost in austen" -kisah peminat austen termasuk ke alam pride and perjudice. Then she fell in love with mr darcy.... I love that series. Ada di youtube (the last time i watched)

Use magic Report

Post time 7-6-2013 10:08 AM | Show all posts
Manjamin posted on 1-6-2013 02:04 AM
Kalau sudah baca bukunya, sila tonton siri "lost in austen" -kisah peminat austen termasuk ke alam p ...

Manjamin - dah tengok The Lizzie Bennet Diaries ? Highly recommended!  

Use magic Report

Post time 14-6-2013 09:12 PM | Show all posts
mahsuri1284 posted on 7-6-2013 10:08 AM
Manjamin - dah tengok The Lizzie Bennet Diaries ? Highly recommended!

Ada eh... Nak tgkla.. Maceh... Maceh...

Use magic Report

Post time 16-6-2013 09:26 PM | Show all posts
Manjamin posted on 14-6-2013 09:12 PM
Ada eh... Nak tgkla.. Maceh... Maceh...

Ada kat YouTube. Mesti jumpa punya  

Btw, sape belum tengok 1995 BBC version starring Colin Firth & Jennifer Ehle, ada orang baru upload kat YT all 6 episodes. Saya tgh download ni nak simpan - takut kena buang dari YT  

Episode 1

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

18-6-2024 12:34 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.095897 second(s), 49 queries .