Post time 20-3-2006 12:04 AM | Show all posts
KJV-king james version
NKJV-new king james version
NIV-new international version
NLT-new living translation

Use magic Report

wingcross This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 21-3-2006 07:02 AM | Show all posts
i guess others dun use bible. what do you all use ?

Use magic Report

Post time 21-3-2006 08:04 AM | Show all posts
KJV and NIV.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-3-2006 02:24 PM | Show all posts

Reply #3 wingcross's post

i think they 'hafal' d bible already wat....so no need bible de ma..hahaha
good aslo to have diff version of bible.....if dun understand than can refer d other version

Use magic Report

cornholio This user has been deleted
Post time 4-4-2006 05:34 PM | Show all posts
This is a great website that allows you to study the text of the Bible in the original languages. Features include parallel translations, instant parsing for every Greek word in the text, and the ability to save your own translation of the text.

http://www.zhubert.com/

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Ravenscourt This user has been deleted
Post time 5-4-2006 08:15 AM | Show all posts
Is there any difference in contents in such versions?

Use magic Report

Post time 5-4-2006 03:51 PM | Show all posts
i think the meaning is the same....
the difference is the way they describe is... am i correct?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-4-2006 03:54 PM | Show all posts
www.biblegateway.com

this site have all the bible versions......

Use magic Report

Mr.Forensics This user has been deleted
Post time 7-4-2006 08:08 PM | Show all posts

Reply #8 casejulia's post

so what marks the difference?different words,same meaning,
nope.no offense.i am just wondering

Use magic Report

Post time 8-4-2006 01:19 PM | Show all posts
John 3:16 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
    16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16 (New King James Version)
New King James Version (NKJV)  
   16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life
John 3:16 (New Living Translation)
New Living Translation (NLT)
   16"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life
John 3:16 (American Standard Version)
American Standard Version (ASV)
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.

what i mean is these

Use magic Report

Post time 8-4-2006 06:54 PM | Show all posts
which Bible are u using ?

Protestant Bible or Catholic Bible ?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-4-2006 04:29 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by casejulia at 5-4-2006 03:51 PM
i think the meaning is the same....
the difference is the way they describe is... am i correct?

not neccessary. some scriptures in NIV version is missing. u can find a list of missing scriptures in the net in NIV version.
some have translations issues.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-4-2006 02:07 PM | Show all posts

Different version of the bible..

Can anybody explain to me?.Why got different version of the Bible..King James Version, Roman Catholic Version and etc.

If Holy Spirit really guide all Christians into one unity, then why got so many 'mazhab'?. Unitarian Church, Kesaksian Yehovah, Dead Sea Scrolls and etc...Which one gonna get into heaven?.Because each mazhab worship Jesus in different ways.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

xiaofeng This user has been deleted
Post time 21-4-2006 06:30 PM | Show all posts
DEAR EASTRUN,
1ST I GONNA ANSWER UR QUESTION ONE BY ONE.
1) THE BIBLE HAS ONLY ONE VERSION BUT DIFFERENT TRANSLATION. KING JAMES VERSION IS THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION LONG TIME AGO, LANGUAGE MAY CHANGE THE SPEAKING OUT OF WORDS. IT MAY CHANGE IN EACH CENTURY. FOR INSTANT, THE ENGLISH WE USE TODAY MAY NOT BE THE SAME AS THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE WHAT IS IN CENTURY AGO. THE NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION (NIV) RETRANSLATE THE BIBLE AGAIN SO THAT PEOPLE IN NEWER GENERATION COULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THE WORD OF GOD AS LANGUAGE KEEP ON CHANGING RAPIDLY.

2) OK,SO WE GET RID THE LANGUAGE BARRIER. THE BIBLE WHAT WE USED TODAY DOES NOT EXIST UNTIL THE 1ST TO 2ND CENTURY COZ DURING THE EARLY AGE, SCROLLS WERE USED SOMETHING LIKE ISAIAH, GENESIS ...ETC...AS OF COURSE THERE'S SOME OTHER SCROLLS PRODUCED AFTER 1ST OR 2ND CENTURY. THE EARLY FATHER OR PRIEST START TO COLLECT,FIND OR EVEN LOST THEIR LIVES TO LOOK FOR THE SCROLLS AS THEY TRIED TO COMPILE ALL THE SCROLLS INTO "ONE" BOOK WHAT WE USED TODAY CALLED 'BIBLE'.
U MAY ASK WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT OR WHY NOT OTHER SCROLL TO BE INCLUDED IN THE BIBLE?
BECOZ THE FATHERS OR PRIESTS ARE THE HIGHEST AUTHORITY AND ALWAYS PRAYED TO GOD AND ALSO THE WILL OF GOD TO FORM A BOOK WHICH THE SCROLL WAS LEFT BY GOD. COMPILE IT IN ONE BOOK SO THAT THERE'S NO OTHER SCROLL BESIDES THE SCROLL OF THE BIBLE TO BE SO CALLED THE TRUTH AS THE BIBLE ITSELF ALREADY PROCLAIM THE WORD OF GOD. NO ADDING & NO OMITTING THE SCROLL INSIDE.
THE SCROLL WHICH ALWAYS BEING FOUND LATELY LIKE THE GOSPEL OF JUDAH, THERE'S NOT SURPRISINGLY IT BEING FOUND, AS THE RESEARCHERS ALSO HAD BEING TESTED IT MIGHT BE PRODUCED OR WRITTEN IN THE AFTER 1ST AND 2ND CENTURY. DUN FORGET DURING THAT TIME, GNOSTICISM IS A VERY WIDELY SPREAD...ITS A CULT OF CHRISTIANITY!!!EVEN PAUL AND JOHN CRITICISED THEIR BELIEVES AS THEY DUN BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST WAS CAME TO THIS WORLD IN FLESH FOR THE PURPOSE OF SAVING PEOPLE COZ OF THE SIN.

3) HOLY SPIRIT GUIDE 'ONLY' THE TRUE CHURCH. SOME CHURCHES KEEP ON PERFORMING 'MIRACLES' TO ATTRACT PEOPLE TO JOIN THEM,FOR THEIR MONEY, RESPECT THEIR EXISTENCE. THIS IS ALL FRAUD!!!WE ALL CHRISTIAN BELIEVE MIRACLES,BUT ITS DISCOURAGE THAT U BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST FOR THE MIRACLES SAKE. JESUS CHRIST WANT US TO BELIEVE HIM NOT BECOZ HE CAN PERFORM MIRACLES THEN U BELIEVE. REMEMBER HIS APOSTLES, THOMAS? HOW DO HE REACT?

4) SO WHICH ONE GONNA BE IN HEAVEN?
JESUS TOLD US BEFORE, WHOEVER CALLED HIM LORD, NOT ALL IS IN THE HEAVEN. WHY?COZ IN FUTURE....NOT TOO FAR AS WE ARE TODAY MAY SEEN OR HEAR CULTS NOWADAYS WHICH THEIR TEACHING GOT PROBLEMS. BIBLE TAUGHT US THE DIFFERENTIATE!!!NOT FOOLISHLY FOLLOW...ALWAYS REMEMBER STUDY MORE ON BIBLE AND DO SOME RESEARCH.

[ Last edited by  DARSITA at 10-5-2006 11:54 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-4-2006 12:08 AM | Show all posts
i wish you write in small letters. My eyes getting bigger each time i read your posting. lol

King James Version has a few. KJV1611 w/o apocrypha, then KJV, and then NKJV.

I do wonder those father or priest who pray, who are they ? We know little about those ppl who decide what we can read and what cannot read. From time to time, we have different canon.

Frankly speaking, alot of scriptures are removed from NIV if compared to KJV.

When one planning to do studies, its best to get a few translations for comparison. The original words's true meaning has been altered to certain extend, that it loses it flavours.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-4-2006 12:36 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by eastrun at 21-4-2006 02:07 PM
Can anybody explain to me?.Why got different version of the Bible..King James Version, Roman Catholic Version and etc.

If Holy Spirit really guide all Christians into one unity, then why got so  ...

so which "mazhab" in islam will go to heaven? Sunni, Shiite or etc?.........

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-4-2006 10:05 AM | Show all posts
terrence, u should post that in islam forum, not here.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-4-2006 10:30 AM | Show all posts

Missing verses in NIV version of bible

its seems the author of this article seems to go against JW. But i think we should know what we are missing when we are using NIV bible. how many of you know about this ?

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/nivdelet.htm

Matthew 12:47 -- removed in the footnotes

Matthew 17:21 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."

Matthew 18:11 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost."

Matthew 21:44 -- removed in the footnotes

Matthew 23:14 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation."

Mark 7:16 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"If any man have ears to hear, let him hear."

Mark 9:44 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."

Mark 9:46 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."

Mark 11:26 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Mark 15:28 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors."

Mark 16:9-20 (all 12 verses) -- There is a line separating the last 12 verses of Mark from the main text. Right under the line it says: [The two most reliable early manuscripts do not have Mark 16:9-20] (NIV, 1978 ed.) The Jehovah's Witness "Bible" also places the last 12 verses of Mark as an appendix of sorts.

Luke 17:36 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left."

Luke 22:44 -- removed in the footnotes

Luke 22:43 -- removed in the footnotes

Luke 23:17 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"(For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.)"

John 5:4 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had."

John 7:53-8:11 -- removed in the footnotes

Acts 8:37 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. It's deletion makes one think that people can be baptized and saved without believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. Sounds Catholic. What are you NIV readers missing?
"And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

Acts 15:34 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still."

Acts 24:7 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"But the chief captain Lysias came upon us, and with great violence took him away out of our hands,"

Acts 28:29 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves."

Romans 16:24 -- COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. What are you NIV readers missing?
"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen."

I John 5:7 -- Vitally important phrase COMPLETELY removed [also deleted from the Jehovah's Witness "Bible"]. In the NIV it says,
"For there are three that testify:"
Compare the NIV reading with the following Jehovah's Witness reading--

"For there are three witness bearers,"

Use magic Report

xiaofeng This user has been deleted
Post time 23-4-2006 12:26 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by terrence at 22-4-2006 12:36 AM

so which "mazhab" in islam will go to heaven? Sunni, Shiite or etc?.........

Well, wingcross my dear fren, u're asking a good question here. Nowadays,too many people claim to be christian doesn't really know the history of christianity. Including myself...very sad. That's why i started to study on those. At first i tot it's very boring but sooner found it's very interesting.
The early fathers and priests of course they did pray to God to give them wisdom and strength. Their responsibility is really big and heavy which may bring causes to present. That's why God of course is behind in their work. The authority given by God.
I must add something also, the theology which is taught by early fathers and priests may also not fully can be accepted too. For instant, they forbidden marriage,sex,drinking alcohol, food (fasting almost everyday), sleeps  & etc. As long there's something to do with self-lust (i hope i'm using right word). So they don't get married. This is a basis where that's why which we still seen in Roman catholics. The funny thing is one of the priest (i forgot his name), he sleeps upside down, hanging his feet until become deaf. Well,always remember theology is a studies of knowing God but the truth cannot be change...the Word of God. Always refer back to the bible.
Terrence,i know it's hard for muslim to accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God coz u're born,brought up in the background of muslim. The muslim may always attack christianity thru the gospel of barnabas (it's gnosticism,the cult...not christianity), mentioning bible Maichicedes (i hope i spell it correctly). Somehow understanding the word of in bible not just only literally, also need to do research,think. But one day,i do hope the muslim the any of the forum do believe in Jesus Christ.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

28-5-2024 06:13 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.071236 second(s), 47 queries .