ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1336|Reply: 1

[Tempatan] Muslim rasa terperangkap dalam Islam

Close [Copy link]
Post time 10-10-2016 11:16 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Reborn_Atheist at 10-10-2016 03:17 PM

October 10, 2016 Muslim
I am a Muslim and I feel trapped – by Fa Abdul

“The purpose of Shariah is, among other things, to protect human rights; to protect freedom of religion, free will and the ability to think; to protect freedom of expression and freedom of association,” said Khalid Samad recently, stressing that Islam has always upheld the principles of justice and human rights.

As a Muslim woman born into this religion and brought up by Muslim parents, I almost fell off my chair upon reading those words.

When I was growing up as a child, I was always reminded by my religious teachers that Muslims and non-Muslims are not equal.

“Muslims go to heaven. Even the worst kinds of Muslim will one day, after going through their punishments, end up in heaven. But all non-Muslims go to hell.”
cc   @spiderman80    see u in hell  

When I was in my teens, all my friends started covering their heads with hijab. Those who did not used to be criticised in class. Even Muslim non-wearing hijab teachers began wearing them as part of their school costume in order to be ‘accepted’. We were always reminded on how showing one strand of hair could reserve us a place in hell.

“As a Muslim, we should dress up like a Muslim. That is our identity. Forget about what you want or what you like because this is how it should be. Cover up – those who do not cover up are like leftovers attracting flies from everywhere. Disgusting.”

When I was in my 20s, a much older friend of mine tried committing suicide by jumping out of her building. The reason – her parents refused to bless her relationship with a non-Muslim boy who was not willing to convert.

“How can you fall in love with someone who eats pork? If you marry him, he will continue to eat pork and you may end up eating pork with him! Why can’t you find a good Muslim boy?”

When I was in my 30s, I filed for a divorce. I had all the reason backing up my request for a divorce but was dragged through series of consultations and court appearance until my ex-husband himself agreed to divorce me.

“A Muslim woman can only be divorced if her husband agrees to cut her loose. But for a man to do the same, he merely needs to text her.”
islam empowering women?  

When I was in my mid-30s, I decided to abandon my hijab. People around me began looking down at me. I was nagged at home, I was given free preaches by people I knew and I was tagged as a slut who gained confidence by showing her skin.

@Maideen.    aurat tu.... aurat   

All these years being a Muslim, I ask myself, “Is my religion truly is the beacon of human rights, defender of democracy and upholds values?”

Why then are Muslims and non-Muslims unequal?

Why then are Muslim women and Muslim men unequal?

As a Muslim woman in her 40s, today I discover the same Sharia which is supposed to uphold my rights as a human being, is used to determine who I shall marry, what I shall consume, what I should wear, who I can allow into my room and even what will happen to my belongings when I am no longer alive.

While our Sharia aims to protect human rights; to protect freedom of religion, free will and the ability to think; to protect freedom of expression and freedom of association, sadly the people upholding this Sharia do not share the same principles.

In our world today, Islam is open to personal interpretation. The Sunnis, Shias, Wahhabis, ISIS and even our own muftis have their own interpretation of Islamic Sharia which need not be accepted by others.

Sunni is against Shia as Shia is against Sunni. But both are Islam and go by the same Book.

The liberals are against the fanatics as the fanatics are against the liberals. But both are Islam and go by the same Book.

With so many irregularities in the world of Islam, it beats me how do we claim our righteousness comes from one single Book?

If the Quran gives me the right to choose and be responsible for my choices, why are the keepers of Islam in our country denying me of the choice?

And if we do agree that Islam is in fact open for interpretation, why can’t we practice our faith as per our own choice and interpretation?

Or if Islam is not open for personal interpretation, why do we have numbers of muftis, religious scholars and religious teachers in our country who freely advice Muslims based on their own personal interpretation of Islam?

Seriously, if there was an open immigration worldwide, Muslim countries would certainly empty out. People like me would freely build families and homes in countries which recognises Islam’s allowance for flexibility.

Sadly, as of now, I am trapped.

Read more http://www.kualalumpurpost.net/i ... rapped-by-fa-abdul/

once check in, can't get out  

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-10-2016 11:21 PM | Show all posts
Bukan isu semasa.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 03:02 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.060513 second(s), 31 queries .