Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1514|Reply: 3

hydrops fetalis-from a mother point of view

[Copy link]
Post time 21-11-2017 01:33 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
a brief info about hydrops fetalis:-
[size=1.125]Hydrops fetalis (fetal hydrops) is a serious fetal condition defined as abnormal accumulation of fluid in two or more fetal compartments, including ascites, pleural effusion, pericardial effusion, and skin edema. In some patients, it may also be associated with polyhydramnios and placental edema. Hydrops is usually first recognized by ultrasonographic examination during the first or second trimester of gestation. Significant fluid collections are easily detected, but fluid accumulation may also be limited and thus escape routine ultrasonographic detection.

sumber google.

i search hi & low for this topic in this forum. x jumpe. so let me write my own version of understanding hydrops fetalis.
i was heavily pregnant at that time. almost 7 mths when the doctors in klinik kesihatan told me the word that i never heard. HYDROPS FETALIS.
Such a fancy name but not a good news to a mother.

those 2 young doctors told me "puan, most likely anak puan x blh diselamatkan". i was numb. i was devastated. i cant move n i just sit there. macam2 dlm kepala n i definitely x boleh terima. 'but he is kicking' 'but he is active' 'but i talk to him every nite' .....

they referred me to HOSHAS.I was lucky, my son is very lucky, they have new head of department in O&G. very vast exprience. she said to me 'kite fight sama2, the mortality rate of hydrops is high nowadays' & she talked n talked n i was very sure she is god send. god is trying to tell me something through this lady. doc carol.

so i google about hydrops. very little written about it in malaysia. i x jumpe sgt. but i found 2 blogs. vaguely talk about their experience. both babies x survive.

basicly my son suffered scalp oedema & pericardial effusion. dr mata sorang mak, i cume nmpk doktor tunjuk, ade air dllm paru2 my son.which x sepatutnye begitu.

through out the day until my c-sec scheduled i join hydrops fetalis gp base in US. they have all sort of severe hydrops fetalis case. but the mortality rate is increase. i was overwhelming by the news.

fast fwd, my son was hospitalised n intubated for 4 mths. he fight n he survive for 18 mths. he pass away not because of hydrops but due to lung complication (the lung rosak sbb lama sgt intubated-itu sefaham sy).

i will try to update more about hydrops fetalis kalau sempat.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-11-2017 05:44 PM | Show all posts
oh innalillah
penah ade pregnancy yg ada hyrops ye
and he eventually succumbbed
nora ada somebody waiting in jannah  alhamdulillah
dan jaga dia sampai dia passed away, sepanjang tu, byk sgt pahala u accumulated already

bila u kata ada pericardial effusion sama, that is quite a hydrops
intubated 4 mths is waayyyyy long for any adults, let alone neonates
i guessed they had to that and am also sure the neonatologists involved dah takde option lain

ada lah several causes of hydrops ni, byk jugak yg fatal atau terminal

am sure he was very happy when he was with you

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-11-2017 05:50 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ipes2 replied at 21-11-2017 05:44 PM
oh innalillah
penah ade pregnancy yg ada hyrops ye
and he eventually succumbbed

He bring so much joy to people around him.  He is 'abang long kawasan'in  paed ward.  N he has his own fav doctor. If i cld mention that doc name here.  Doc shikin.

Everytime  he saw doc shikin,  his face beaming with happiness.  N doc shikin was with him until his last breath.

I m trying to be all medical here doc. Tp x reti la nak tulis medical  way. N byk bende  i dah lupe.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2017 05:59 PM | Show all posts
noraidil_06 replied at 21-11-2017 05:50 PM
He bring so much joy to people around him.  He is 'abang long kawasan'in  paed ward.  N he has his ...

ah no need to medical lah in here
owh dia ade fav doc
sian doc tu, knowing that he has gone forever

really hard actually to see days like those ie when your patients esp children breathe their last.

mmg jadi paeds is very hard

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Category: Kesihatan

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-3-2024 03:38 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.068044 second(s), 31 queries .