@fixit

@Catpaw

mekasih tag, nanti ada masa baca

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-1-2019 10:43 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 15-1-2019 10:50 PM | Show all posts

Since its release in 2011, Black Mirror has proved to be a unique and ahead of its time show that has changed the way visual narratives are made. And, once again, the show places itself as the leader in avant-garde entertainment with “Bandersnatch”, their newest and interactive episode that allows viewers to lead the story as they please. Through its anthology format narrative, Black Mirror has explored the social, cultural, and scientific impacts technology has in a (not so far-fetched) dystopian, contemporary society. And it turns out that for this next "lesson" concerning human kind and technology, the creators of the series have gone to great lengths to show us where storytelling in streaming is heading to.

“Bandersnatch” tells the story of a young coder who wants to create a video game based on an adventure novel that goes by the same name. The novel is a contemporary piece that allows readers to take important narrative decisions: they're able to chose the path they want for the story to be developed. So, in the fashion of literary authors like Cortázar, the episode becomes a metafiction in which you, as the viewer and "narrator", are entitled to take the character towards the path you desire. With the power of your phone or remote control (for some devices so far), you can become the author of a story that can take from forty to ninety minutes long depending on the choices you make. This gives you endless possibilities to create different story plots that affect directly the narrative, or that may not be so relevant like choosing which kind of cereal the character will have for breakfast.

Despite how innovative this format is, it’s worth mentioning that this isn’t the first time the streaming company plays narrative devices like this. A couple of children productions have adopted this format of "interactive streaming" like the animated Puss in Book (2017) in which kids are free to choose from five different endings. However, there’s no denying that for this Black Mirror special episode, the connection between technology and viewer was pushed to its limits since it allows different interactive options, making possibilities in storytelling really high.

When the episode is streamed on a computer (which so far is the most advisable way to reach all the different options), it starts with a short tutorial on how to "navigate" through this story, giving you the power to manipulate the story on the go. Still, if you feel you’re not going on the path you wanted to, you have the chance to start over and explore other possibilities. This makes it a never-ending story you can go over and over as many times as you like.

The series is the result of a year and a half of work that delivers something we hadn’t seen so far in entertainment. "Bandersnatch" has opened doors for new and unique ways of telling stories, inviting us to consume them avidly, which at the end of the day is what Black Mirror has been trying to criticize since its release. Yet, as Carla Engelbreth, Netflix director of product innovation, pointed out, we’re taking huge technological leaps in very short periods of time and “there is so much more than we can do than just linear television.” We’ll just have to wait and see how other production companies and storytellers make use of this new way of streaming, making stories more interactive than ever and reinventing entertainment as a whole.

SOURCE: storyteller@culturacolectiva.com

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Post time 15-1-2019 10:54 PM | Show all posts
Biler tengok trailer 'bandersnatch' , we thot we might have a clue or some hints to the storyline.
But wait till ya watch, it is way no predictable!
I will say bukan elemen scary, its just something that makes ya brain rethink & replay as per what can lead to the main character

Use magic Report

Post time 20-1-2019 01:43 PM | Show all posts
Edited by manjalara_01 at 20-1-2019 01:46 PM

Hey u... Thanks 4 sharing

Menarik info ni..lepas i tgk clip ni, i terus teringat "Ghost in the Shell"..Mungkin skrg ni dah mula era

Transhumanism
the belief or theory that the human race can evolve beyond its current physical and mental limitations, especially by means of science and technology.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-1-2019 01:50 PM | Show all posts
SY_Mumi replied at 15-1-2019 10:54 PM
Biler tengok trailer 'bandersnatch' , we thot we might have a clue or some hints to the storyline.

Ehehehe..tu yg kite nak..plot2 yg x bleh nak predict, so far semua scene2 yg manja predict langsung x same ahahah

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 20-1-2019 02:18 PM | Show all posts
Edited by manjalara_01 at 20-1-2019 02:20 PM

U all prasan x ade byk music videos dan filem2 yg menggunakan CERMIN sbg suatu pintu atau portal utk ke dimensi yg lain..

Itu la die  "Black Mirror" versi moden...sedar ke x sedar hari2 kite semua ke alam maya & kembali ke alam realiti...fascinatingkan?

Just want to share 1 of my fav 80s mv......dlm 2 mv ni..dua2 gunakan CERMIN..as portal..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-1-2019 04:42 PM | Show all posts
i dah tgk Bandersnatch. damn mami!!! pening i tgk. hahah!

tapi not bad jgk jalan cerita dia. memang x disangka ending dia.

bila diorang nak keluarkan Black Mirror series lagi? mcm x puas pulak tgk sampai Bandersnatch je.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-1-2019 12:46 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
manjalara_01 replied at 20-1-2019 01:43 PM
Hey u... Thanks 4 sharing

Menarik info ni..lepas i tgk clip ni, i terus t ...

But for Black Mirror not all series is based on science fiction.
Yep like ur another point, it's just Mirror'...

Like behind the mirror, there can be another world, another person or what other possibilities or alternate version can happen

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2019 11:42 PM | Show all posts
The Vibes of Black Mirror

Use magic Report

Post time 13-2-2019 06:33 PM | Show all posts
Edited by manjalara_01 at 13-2-2019 07:03 PM
SY_Mumi replied at 25-1-2019 12:46 AM
But for Black Mirror not all series is based on science fiction.
Yep like ur another point, it's  ...

kebetulan hari tu i tgk Ghostbusters...2016
mmg mirror tu dijadikan portal utk hantu2...kluar ke alam realiti..hhmm..interesting...search psl mirror je ni pun dah cukup menarik..

Scrying, also known by various names such as "seeing" or "peeping", is the practice of looking into a suitable medium in the hope of detecting significant messages or visions. The objective might be personal guidance, prophecy, revelation, or inspiration, but down the ages, scrying in various forms also has been a prominent means ofdivination or fortune-telling.[ It remains popular in occult circles, discussed in many media, both modern and centuries old.

The media most commonly used in scrying are reflective, refractive, translucent, or luminescent surfaces or objects such as crystals, stones, or glass in various shapes such as crystal balls, mirrors, reflective black surfaces such as obsidian, water surfaces, fire, or smoke, but there is no special limitation on the preferences or prejudices of the scryer; some may stare into pitch dark, clear sky, clouds, shadows, or light patterns against walls, ceilings, or pond beds.

Rituals that involve many acts similar to scrying in ceremonial magic are retained in the form of folklore and superstition. A formerly widespread tradition held that young women gazing into a mirror in a darkened room (often on Halloween) could catch a glimpse of their future husband's face in the mirror — or a skull personifying Death if their fate was to die before they married.

Another form of the tale, involving the same actions of gazing into a mirror in a darkened room, is used as a supernatural dare in the tale of "Bloody Mary". Here, the motive is usually to test the adolescent gazers' mettle against a malevolent witch or ghost, in a ritual designed to allow the scryers' easy escape if the visions summoned prove too frightening.[14]

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2019 12:23 AM | Show all posts
check in. Tq manja jemput. Pnh tgk se1. Lelain baru nk dl. Mujo link tak mati lagi

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2019 08:07 PM | Show all posts
borrow replied at 14-2-2019 12:23 AM
check in. Tq manja jemput. Pnh tgk se1. Lelain baru nk dl. Mujo link tak mati lagi

hahaha...no problem...

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2019 11:17 PM | Show all posts
babydoll replied at 24-1-2019 04:42 PM
i dah tgk Bandersnatch. damn mami!!! pening i tgk. hahah!

tapi not bad jgk jalan cerita dia. mem ...

i wanna rewatch but damn yeah macam malas but more to malas otak
cause yah nak tunggu next black mirror season cam lama

crita nih memang lah tengok sekali, dia punya kesan cam forever

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2019 11:20 PM | Show all posts
manjalara_01 replied at 13-2-2019 06:33 PM
kebetulan hari tu i tgk Ghostbusters...2016
mmg mirror tu dijadikan portal utk hantu2...kluar ke  ...

i belom tengok Ghostbuster yg recent tuh
cause since dorang recast female lead macam tak brapa menarik

kalau movies related to mirror, selalu nya jenis horror

Use magic Report

Post time 18-2-2019 10:02 PM | Show all posts
SY_Mumi replied at 14-2-2019 11:20 PM
i belom tengok Ghostbuster yg recent tuh
cause since dorang recast female lead macam tak brapa me ...

owh i see tp just for entertainment suke2...best la jgk..fun to watch
yup btul tu...tp after i google baru la dpt tahu mmg cermin ni digunakan utk mcm2 black magic ritual...

ingatkan kisah dongeng fiction je..uhuhhuuh....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-2-2019 04:14 PM | Show all posts
manjalara_01 replied at 20-1-2019 01:50 PM
Ehehehe..tu yg kite nak..plot2 yg x bleh nak predict, so far semua scene2 yg manja predict langsun ...

awat netflix aku xleh tgk bandersnatch ni.
ada thiller ja, 2minit

Use magic Report

Post time 19-2-2019 07:45 PM | Show all posts
aryyan replied at 19-2-2019 04:14 PM
awat netflix aku xleh tgk bandersnatch ni.
ada thiller ja, 2minit

Cube check..bleh x tgk?

Bandersnatch

Use magic Report

Post time 20-2-2019 03:06 PM | Show all posts
manjalara_01 replied at 19-2-2019 07:45 PM
Cube check..bleh x tgk?

Bandersnatch

link u bg ni boleh tgk..!!!
tq~

Use magic Report

Post time 20-2-2019 03:23 PM | Show all posts
manjalara_01 replied at 19-2-2019 07:45 PM
Cube check..bleh x tgk?

Bandersnatch

eh. duration 5hours? pjg betoi movie ni.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

18-4-2024 08:37 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.238002 second(s), 44 queries .