tularsuara
Search
View

The One Word You Shouldn't Say To Someone With Anxiety Or Depression

[Copy link]

Author: lil_skidamarink       Show all posts   Read mode

Author
Post time 11-1-2019 12:01 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
It may seem harmless, but this four-letter word is actually doing a lot of damage.

Take a moment to imagine yourself in the lowest mental state you could possibly be. Removing yourself from your bedsheets to move your body feels about as excruciating as climbing Mount Everest barefoot. Or maybe out of nowhere your heart starts thumping so fast that your breath hitches in your throat and your lungs cant get air. Now picture your well-meaning friend trying to offer you some advice during this time, and saying something along the lines of Why dont you just work out? or Just take a few deep breaths and calm down. That four-letter word may seem harmless, but it actually can do a lot of damage. Just implies that whatever task or behavior D say, exercising or relaxing D youre suggesting is easy or uncomplicated. In reality, its anything but, according to experts.

For many people with anxiety and depressive disorders, everyday tasks that seem 'simple' to others can be very challenging.
All of this isnt to say that you should never offer advice; in fact, your support is vital. There are just some better ways to phrase it. Below are some expert-backed suggestions on how to frame your words instead:
  • I care about you
  • I know this is probably difficult, but what about....
  • What I can do to help?
  • I really love _______about you.
  • There's nothing wrong with getting treatment.

Above all, its important to keep in mind how tough mental health conditions are when youre interacting with a loved one whos experiencing one. When you have depression, getting out of bed and working out seems insurmountable. When youre in the throes of anxiety, calming your mind and slowing heart rate on the spot seems impossible. You either feel like youre going to die or you feel absolutely nothing at all.

Use magic Report

Looking for Google Ads Manager expert. Freelance work from home. Profit sharing basis. Please send your resume to HR@cari.com.my
Post time 17-1-2019 11:11 PM | Show all posts
Take life easy man........
Go "F" to the work and boss that demand from you so high, go to hell with perfectionist (except for some work that really need it e.g. surgeon during an operation). Not everything in life, in work and so forth that is important and urgent ...........so why so much tension? Think of change........include leaving the job if it is only solution that makes your depression feel better.
Enjoy this limited years of life to the fullest.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-3-2019 03:11 PM | Show all posts
batu kikir replied at 17-1-2019 11:11 PM
Take life easy man........
Go "F" to the work and boss that demand from you so high, go to hell wit ...

Well, it's not as easy as some people may think..in fact it is NOT EASY..to face life's challenges and struggles with any sort of mental illness.

Anxiety and depression itself ade mcm2 jenis...ade yg short term...ade jgk yg long term..and if the cause of it is geneticly inherited and or dysfunctional upbringing during childhood, maknanye you have to live with it your whole life...with treatment , medication , psycho therapy and etc..

Infact ramai jgk penghidap D & A ni walaupun setelah or semasa mendpt rawatan pakar & sebgainye masih berhempas pulas ditempat keje and life in general...

What more when it comes to the negative or should i say shallow mindedness of other peoples perception of those dealing with mental illness??..

Mcm2 kite bleh kupas psl topik ni sebenarnye..

Use magic Report

Post time 19-3-2019 04:30 PM | Show all posts
manjalara_01 replied at 10-3-2019 03:11 PM
Well, it's not as easy as some people may think..in fact it is NOT EASY..to face life's challenges ...

D&A or DNA
Depression & Anxiety

nice 1

selain short term & long term
lg satu - yg berulang

Use magic Report

Post time 20-3-2019 01:48 AM | Show all posts
I would like to give a recommendation on how to treat and how to beat anxiety if the person really suffers a lot. I've faced such an issue and the main thing that really helped me is CBD. Nowadays you can find CBD in different forms that you could check there. There are a lot of different kind CBD oils, CBD pills, creme, and so one.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-5-2020 06:07 PM | Show all posts
This sounds very improbable, but in order not to experience psychological health problems, it would be better to cbd oil uk buy. This way I solve problems with relieving daytime tension and feel very good in the evening, since cannabidiol is an absolutely unique substance for health.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register | Facebook Login

Points Rules

CARI App
Get it FREE Google play
 Twitter
 Instagram
cari_infonet
FOLLOW
Copyright © 1996-2020 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd All Rights Reserved(483575-W)
Private Cloud provided by IPSERVERONE
Advertise with us
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list