CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2393|Reply: 8

[Dunia] Esei pelajar tentang tabiat bapa main hp siang malam dapat full mark!

[Copy link]
Post time 26-1-2019 10:55 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Trade my life for your phone: Chinese boy scores full marks for moving essay on phone addict dad
    Saturday, 26 Jan 2019
    6:00 PM MYT

The essay was posted on Jan 17 on China's microblogging platform Weibo by his teacher at Luoyang International School.PHOTO: SCREENGRAB FROM WEIBO.COM.

BEIJING (The Straits Times/Asia News Network): A nine-year-old boy in central China tugged at the heartstrings of many when his cry for attention from his phone addict father in a school essay went viral on social media last week.

The essay was posted on Jan 17 on China's microblogging platform Weibo by his teacher at Luoyang International School in Henan province's Luoyang city, Dahe Daily reported.

In the essay titled "Father, I want to tell you this", the child who was referred to as Xiaozhi by Chinese media described how his father was glued to his cellphone "day and night and every day" as though he could not live without it.

"Father, every time I ask you to check my homework, you would just take one look and say 'not bad, now go play'," the boy wrote. "Otherwise you would just give me a phone so I could play too."

He even likened his father to "a vicious wolf that has starved for three days and three nights, eyeing that big chunk of fat meat".

"It's also as though there is a vacuum cleaner inside the cellphone sucking him in......" he wrote.

"Father, what I want is not a house full of titbits, the most high-end cellphone, and certainly not ultra high-end toys," he continued.

"What I want is only for you to put down your phone and play with me. That'll be the happiest thing to happen to me in my whole life."

"Father, as long as you put down the phone, I'm willing to trade my life for it. I love you, my father."

The boy's teacher, who gave only her surname Zhao, said Xiaozhi was an all-rounder in school and a long-distance running champion in class. She was so moved by the child's innocent wish and literary talent that she awarded him full marks for the essay which he wrote for his year-end examination.

The essay has also proved to be a turning point in the father-and-son relationship.

In an interview with Dahe Daily, Xiaozhi's mother said her husband is a heavy cellphone user as he works a lot with his phone even after work, and would sometimes play games on the device for relaxation.

"Before this, we didn't think using the phone all day was an issue, and we didn't realise this child was so sensitive," said the mother.

After reading the essay, Xiaozhi's father felt guilty for spending too little time with his son and promised to take time off every week to keep him company, said the mother.

Some netizens are moved by the boy's heartfelt appeal, while some felt the father should not be faulted.

"Companionship is always the most precious love," said Weibo user Wei Wei.

"There are always two sides to a story. I make a living with my phone. Without it, I have no money for food," commented another user, Meng Le Sheng, on Weibo.

But the essay has also drawn concern from some.

"Trade his life for a phone? This is a serious problem. Daddy, put down the phone now. You must teach your child that life is precious," said Weibo user with the handle Mei Kai Yan Xiao. - The Straits Times/Asia News Network

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-1-2019 01:59 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Sedeynya...huhu
Mmg bebudak sengaja tanya itu ini utk perhatian kita...

Use magic Report

Post time 27-1-2019 05:27 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Msri maknya penyabar orgnys

Use magic Report

Post time 27-1-2019 08:09 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
And they live happily ever after

Use magic Report

Post time 27-1-2019 08:27 PM | Show all posts
cerita tu boleh gak terbalik...

Use magic Report

Post time 23-4-2019 07:19 PM | Show all posts
Phone addict children are very big problem for every parents. To avoid this problem parents need to move their children habits to assignment writers if they got this habit i am sure their future goes to the moon.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 17-11-2019 01:59 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 14-12-2019 04:29 AM | Show all posts
What is the reason for us staying in the academic writing industry? Everything is simple – we want to help students with their academic troubles. “Help me write my personal statement ” – that is the phrase we hear from our customers every day. When you are certain that you need competent help, you want to be sure that the writer you choose for your project knows the job well.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-12-2019 07:08 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ada org yg aku kenal mmg mcm ni la
Hantu hp & games
Keje malas, bangun lewat
Mana la rezeki nak masuk
Wife dia la buat keje mcm2 nak tampung hidup
Study ank2 lgsg xambik tau
Mujur atok & nenek ada lg
Diorang la yg byk bantu...masa mula kawin belikan perkakas umah
Dah lama kawin sampai tahap penuhkan fridge demi kesiankan cucu2
Bila cucu2 dah besar, diorang la yg bayar tuisyen fees
Mak busy cari duit
Bapak busy dgn dunia dia sdr

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 01:43 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.084645 second(s), 38 queries .