x

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-4-2019 07:55 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Here some of it

* A book a day keeps reality away.
* Some books you need, some books you enjoy but some books  just swallow you up heart and soul.
* You cannot open a book without learning something - Confucius.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-4-2019 01:13 AM | Show all posts
When you write, you want fame, fortune and personal satisfaction. You want to write what you want to write and feel it’s good, and you want this to go on for hundreds of years. You’re not likely ever to get all these things, and you’re not likely to give up writing and commit suicide if you don’t, but that is — and should be — your goal. Anything else is kind of piddling.

DASHIELL HAMMETT

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-4-2019 01:14 AM | Show all posts
There are different types of readers. People draw lines at which three things intersect: the character, the author, and the reader.

DAVID BEZMOZGIS

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-4-2019 01:14 AM | Show all posts
Writing a novel, in an unplanned and unpredictable way, makes you engaged; it takes you into yourself, and it becomes something between you and the character for a moment, and then you move back into the structure of the book. I love those moments, because they are completely unbidden.

DAVID BEZMOZGIS

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-4-2019 01:15 AM | Show all posts
Readers will always insist on adventures, and though you can have grief without adventures, you cannot have adventures without grief.

CATHERYNNE M.VALENTE

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 6-4-2019 01:15 AM | Show all posts
When writing you can’t wait for inspiration to hit, you need to write yourself out of a block.

VAL McDERMID

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-4-2019 01:16 AM | Show all posts
Writing is therapeutic. It helps you cope with issues that seem gargantuan at the time. The process of expressing yourself about a problem, editing your thoughts, and writing some more can help you control issues that you face.

GUY KAWASAKI

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 6-4-2019 01:16 AM | Show all posts
I haven’t had trouble with writer’s block. I think it’s because my process involves writing very badly. My first drafts are filled with lurching, clichéd writing, outright flailing around. Writing that doesn’t have a good voice or any voice. But then there will be good moments. It seems writer’s block is often a dislike of writing badly and waiting for writing better to happen.

JENNIFER EGAN

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-4-2019 01:17 AM | Show all posts
When I’m writing fiction I don’t like writing at a desk. I’ll often write at this [gingham easy] chair that I got at Ikea. It’s awful, there are pen marks all over it. If I’m writing original stuff and not editing I often use a lap desk and I write on legal pads. Anything that involves typing or businessy stuff, I’ll do at the desk. The actual creation is always by hand, away from the computer.

JENNIFER EGAN

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-4-2019 01:17 AM | Show all posts

[One’s writing] must have a hectic, anguished vehemence, so that it rushes past like a gust of air, and it must have a latent, roistering tenderness so that it creeps and steals one’s mind; it must be able to ring out like a sea-shanty in a tremendous hour, in the time of the tempest, and it must be able to sigh like one who, in tearful mood, sobs in his inmost heart.

KNUT HAMSUN

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-4-2019 01:18 AM | Show all posts
Read a lot, live your life, and listen and watch, so that your mind fills up with millions of images.

SHARON CREECH

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-4-2019 01:18 AM | Show all posts
Most people take this for granted, but it’s really important to be a serious reader, and when you read, look at how writers achieve what they do. It’s also important to get a routine going as early as you can – don’t think of writing as the thing you’d do after all of the important things in life. You can’t write in fifteen minute slots when you feel like it.

KAMILA SHAMSIE

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-4-2019 01:19 AM | Show all posts
Anyone who goes into writing has to find out somewhere along the line, he’s either naïve or insane.

LEON URIS

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-4-2019 01:19 AM | Show all posts
Writing a story is kind of like surfing, as opposed to the novel, where you use a GPS to get somewhere. With surfing, you kind of jump.

ETGAR KERET

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-4-2019 01:20 AM | Show all posts
That’s the point of reading fiction — so someone else can say in a way you never would have something you recognise immediately.

CURTIS SITTENFIELD

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-4-2019 07:28 PM | Show all posts
So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall." – Roald Dahl

Use magic Report

Post time 10-4-2019 06:02 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”

― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Use magic Report

Post time 10-4-2019 06:03 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read.”

― Mark Twain

Use magic Report

Post time 10-4-2019 06:04 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”

― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 09:57 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.171195 second(s), 50 queries .