CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: bianglala

[Pelbagai] Quotables @ Bookshelf

[Copy link]
Post time 22-11-2019 10:16 AM | Show all posts
“Sometimes life is a series of obstacles, a matter of putting one foot in front of the other. Sometimes, it is simply a matter of blind faith.”

Jojo Moyes, The Girl You Left Behind

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-11-2019 10:17 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2019 10:19 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2019 02:41 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2019 02:48 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2019 02:59 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 22-11-2019 04:42 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
"His headache had been bigger than the world."
~Hearts in Atlantis~

"That's the worst, I think. When the secret stays locked within not for want of a teller but for want of an understanding ear."
~The Body~

"First come the smiles. Then the lies. Finally is gunfire."
~Roland Deschain of Gilead~

Everything I do, I rush through so I can do something else  ~Insomnia~

“A cowardly leader is the most dangerous of men”
~Under the Dome~

“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
~J.R.R. Tolkien~

"Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it"
~Frankenstein~

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
~Bilbo Baggins~

"You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting."
~ Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie~

“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it.”
~ Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie~

'I rose too high, loved too hard, dared too much. I tried to grasp a star, overreached, and fell.'
~A Dance With Dragons by Jon Connington~

"Any man who must say 'I am king' is no true king at all."
~Storm of Swords~

"Some that live deserve death, but many that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be so quick to deal out death in judgment, for not even the very wise can see all ends."
~Return of the King~

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
~Return of the King~

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
~The Riddle of Strider~

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...until you climb in his skin and walk around in it."
~To Kill a Mockingbird by Atticus Finch~

“I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.”
~Atticus Finch~

You aren't a hero and I'm not beautiful and we probably won't live happily ever after " she said. "But we're alive and together and we're going to be all right.
~Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve~

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2019 05:59 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
~Mother Night by Kurt Vonnegut~

"And the rest of them didn't dare to look back or else they too would be turned into pillars of who knows what spice."
~The Professor Brothers~

“It has been my philosophy of life that difficulties vanish when faced boldly.”
~The Foundation~

"It wasn’t too much, to take a frail figure into one’s arms for those last moments of life. Better than a cot, or even a bed in a room filled with loved ones. Better, too, than an empty street in the cold rain. To die in someone’s arms – could there be anything more forgiving?"
~Malazan:Book of the Falleneadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson~

“Monsters come in all shapes and sizes. Some of them are things people are scared of. Some of them are things that look like things people used to be scared of a long time ago. Sometimes monsters are things people should be scared of, but they aren't.”
~The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman~

The most important step a man can take. It’s not the first one, is it? It’s the next one. Always the next step, Dalinar. Trembling, bleeding, agonized, Dalinar forced air into his lungs and spoke a single ragged sentence. “You cannot have my pain.”
~Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson~

"Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter - tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And one fine morning -
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
~ The Great Gatsby~

Nothing, say you? Perhaps so; nothing but a charming woman, who, strange as it may appear, made him the happiest of men!
Truly, would you not for less than that make the tour around the world?”
~ Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne~

“My life amounts to no more than one drop in a limitless ocean. Yet what is any ocean, but a multitude of drops?
~Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell~

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles”
~On The Road by Kerouac~

All morons hate it when you call them a moron.
~The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger~

"The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning."
~The Eye of The World~

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past."
~George Orwell~

“So Yes, it has flaws, but what does that matter when it comes to matters of the heart? We love what we love. Reason does not enter into it. In many ways unwise love is the truest love. Anyone can love a thing because. That’s as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”
~The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss~

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And it when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
~Frank Herbert~

“The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.”
~Douglas Adams~

“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies but just as much to stand up to our friends”
~Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone~

“Here is my secret. It is very simple. It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.”
~The Little Prince~

“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
~The Alchemist~

“In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since. 'Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,' he told me, 'just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had.'"
~The Great Gatsby~

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
~Stormlight Archives~

"I will protect those I hate. Even if the one I hate most is myself!"
~Stormlight Archives~

“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”
~A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin~

“It was as if that great rush of anger had washed me clean, emptied me of hope, and, gazing up at the dark sky spangled with its signs and stars, for the first time, the first, I laid my heart open to the benign indifference of the universe.”
~The Stranger~

"If one's different, one's bound to be lonely."
~Brave New World by Aldous Huxley~

“The only advice I can give you, then, is to decide carefully. If you are so uncertain, you would make a bad decision if you married now. No can always be changed to yes, but it’s very hard to change yes to no.”
~The Woman Who Rides Like a Man by Tamora Pierce~

"The delicate illusions that get us through life can only stand so much strain"
~Hunter S Thompson~

“Witches aren’t like that. We live in harmony with the great cycles of Nature, and do no harm to anyone, and it’s wicked of them to say we don’t. We ought to fill their bones with hot lead.”
~Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett~

"Shall I tell you where I find this strength, friends? In the eyes of our sons in scarlet before us, yes. And in the countenances of their comrades who will follow in battles to come. But more than that, my heart finds courage from these, our women, who watch in tearless silence as we go."
~Gates of Fire by Stephen Pressfield~

"Sometimes, there just isn't the opportunity or willingness to make things better. Sometime you can't simply have another go. You make a choice, and its a bad one, and you're left with it. No amount of trying again will fix it. Don't expect anyone to feel sorry for you, to cut you slack; you made a mistake and you'll have to live with it."
~First and Only by Dan Abnett~

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”
~Jane Eyre~

“It isn't good to hold on too hard to the past. You can't spend your whole life looking back. Not even when you can't see what lies ahead. All you can do is keep on keeping on, and try to believe that tomorrow will be what it should be—even if it isn't what you expected. Maybe some things just aren't meant to go together. Things like oil and water. Orange juice and toothpaste. Me and Susan. But tomorrow is another day.”
~Death Masks by Harry Dresden~

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-11-2019 11:29 AM | Show all posts
What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.
J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2019 12:17 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The song called "Without a Goodbye"

I'm waiting for your heart to wake

So you will ask me to stay.

My heart is impatiently waiting around

To hear the words it's begging you to say.

But if I remain and the words never come,

It's a pain I don't think I can take.

So I should go now without a goodbye

And you'll never have to see these tears I cry.

I should go now without a goodbye

And I won't have to hide the pain in my eyes.

I made the decision to walk away

And now there's so much distance between you and me.

Now you're so far away, so very far away.

Will you always remain out of my reach?

It's easy to lie myself but

I fear my stupid heart will never be free.

So I left without a goodbye

And you'll never have to see these tears I cry.

I left without a goodbye

And I won't have to hide the pain in my eyes.

Now it's been so long since I touched your face

I can't stop thinking of those days.

I'm looking back at your photos

And wondering if it's wrong for me to say.

I'm here all alone and I feel weak.

Maybe I made a mistake when I walked away.

And I was wrong to leave without a goodbye

Because now you'll never see I want to try.

I was wrong to leave without a goodbye

Because now you'll never see the love in my eyes.

BEAUTIFUL SURRENDER by PRISCILLA WEST

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2019 04:33 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ignorance can be bliss. Being in charge of the present is to have everything. Some have love, some have authority, and others are content with just having offspring. That is happiness to them. Ignorance is wonderful and very enviable.

However, crying is not necessarily a bad thing. It shows that there are still things in this world that can make you sad. If one can’t even feel sadness, then their world would be too bleak.

Killing one is a sin, killing hundreds makes one a hero, killing tens of thousands makes one a king, and killing millions makes one an emperor.

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2019 04:45 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
"Drive away and try to keep smiling. Get a little rock and roll on the radio and go toward all the life there is with all the courage you can find and all the belief you can muster. Be true, be brave, stand. All the rest is darkness."

"Not all boats which sail into darkness never find the sun again, or the hand of another child; if life teaches anything at all, it teaches that there are so many happy endings that man who believes there is no God needs his rationality called into serious question."

"Maybe there aren't any such things as good friends or bad friends - maybe there are just friends, people who stand by you when you're hurt and who help you feel not so lonely. Maybe they're always worth being scared for, and hoping for, and living for. Maybe worth dying for too, if that's what has to be. No good friends. No bad friends. Only people you want, need to be with; people who build their houses in your heart."

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 23-11-2019 05:08 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
'Monsters are real. And ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.'
  [The Shining]

Black is the absence of light, but white is the absence of memory, the color of can't remember.
  [Duma Key]

"We are judged in life for the evil we destroy. It is a bleak truth that there is nothing but blood waiting for us in the spaces between the stars. But the Emperor sees all that transpires in his domain, and we are judged equally for the illumination we bring to the blackest nights. We are judged in life for those moments we spill light into the darkest reaches of his Imperium. "
  [Grimauldus]

The best things in life are beyond money; their price is agony and sweat and devotion ... and the price demanded for the most precious of all things in life is life itself - ultimate cost for perfect value.
  [Starship Troopers]

"the difference between ignorant and educated people is that the latter know more facts. But that has nothing to do with whether they are stupid or intelligent. The difference between stupid and intelligent people—and this is true whether or not they are well-educated—is that intelligent people can handle subtlety. They are not baffled by ambiguous or even contradictory situations—in fact, they expect them and are apt to become suspicious when things seem overly straightforward.”
  [Neal Stephenson, The Diamond Age: Or, A Young Lady's Illustrated Primer]

"The only thing worse than people talking about you is people not talking about you."
  [Picture of Dorian Gray]

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question and he'll look for his own answers."
   [Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day Two]

"Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you."
   [The Count of Monte Cristo]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 26-11-2019 01:43 PM | Show all posts
"What horrifies me most is the idea of being useless: well-educated, brilliantly promising, and fading out into an indifferent middle-age."

—  Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar

Use magic Report

Post time 26-11-2019 01:48 PM | Show all posts
"Sometimes we want what we want even if we know it’s going to kill us."

—  Donna Tartt, The Goldfinch

Use magic Report

Post time 26-11-2019 01:50 PM | Show all posts

- Veronica Roth, Allegiant

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 26-11-2019 01:52 PM | Show all posts

- Nicola Yoon, Everything, Everything

Use magic Report

Post time 26-11-2019 01:53 PM | Show all posts
"When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow."

—  Shauna Niequist, Bittersweet

Use magic Report

Post time 26-11-2019 01:54 PM | Show all posts
"You never got what you wanted; you just learned to get by without it."

—  Celeste Ng, Everything I Never Told You

Use magic Report

Post time 26-11-2019 01:56 PM | Show all posts
"So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you."

—  Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

5-5-2024 12:42 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.127029 second(s), 53 queries .