CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 715|Reply: 1

[Tempatan] Kos minimum PRK RM3 juta. So next PRK Batu? membazir!...

[Copy link]
Post time 13-11-2019 11:07 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Praba, Tian Chua keep mum on call for Batu MP to vacate seat
November 13, 2019 9:30 PM

KUALA LUMPUR: Batu MP P Prabakaran and PKR vice-president Tian Chua have declined to comment on a call by 14 NGOs urging for a by-election in the constituency.

In a statement today, the 14 NGOs had proposed that Prabakaran vacate his seat to pave the way for Tian Chua to return as MP.

When asked to comment on the matter, Prabakaran simply said, “No comment.”

Tian Chua also told FMT the same thing, adding that the focus should instead be on the Nov 16 Tanjung Piai by-election.

On Nov 6, the Kuala Lumpur High Court had ruled that Tian Chua was qualified to contest in the May 9 general election last year.

He had initially been barred due to a RM2,000 court fine previously imposed for insulting a policeman.

As a result, the Batu parliamentary seat was won by Prabakaran, a law student, who stood as an independent candidate. He joined PKR days after winning the seat.

His candidacy was endorsed by Pakatan Harapan (PH) in Tian Chua’s absence.

Helmie Mohamad Arof, a representative of a coalition of Batu NGOs, said Tian Chua’s support, coupled with the strong election machinery, had enabled Prabakaran to win with a huge majority.

Helmie said Tian Chua’s service as an MP was needed, adding that he had performed well during his two terms in 2008 and 2013.

Last week, Tian Chua said he was not focused on a by-election in Batu after he won his bid for a court to declare that he had been eligible to contest in the polls last year.

“I didn’t demand that the court issue an order for a by-election to be held because it was more important to determine whether my status was valid or not.

“The by-election depends on the situation and need.

“I leave it to my party (whether to hold a by-election or not).

“My purpose in doing this was to demand justice, not just for myself,” he told FMT.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-11-2019 12:19 AM | Show all posts
Denda je kurang2 RM2 Juta kalau saja2 letak jawatan MP... ngabihkan boreh..
Tian Chua kebuloq elaun la tu...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 04:46 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.101834 second(s), 28 queries .