CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: aenemy7

A GUIDE TO MISSIONARY TACTICS..

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 25-11-2004 02:22 AM | Show all posts
If u all have read the childish Dr.Morey book called "The Moon-god All鈎 in the Archeology of the Middle East" whereby this book was written to discredit islam in a childish & unclear assumptions....well here's the answer for his book wild accusations : here are the url,

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Sources/Allah/moongod.html

it's long and i cannot copy it here...

peace yall......

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 25-11-2004 02:32 AM | Show all posts
Here are the answers from the same websites about the accusation of the christian about aishah young marriage with the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) which usually used by the christian missionaries to discredit islam......

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Polemics/aishah.html

hopefully this information can be used as a shield and as a refferences to answer and tackle all the missionaries tactic to distorted our mind....i will keep posting an informative url from time-time as soon as i find a good one...

may allah protect us all muslims...ameen

Peace yall..............

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-11-2004 12:33 PM | Show all posts
This is an article about the challenge for the unbelievers to produce another surah like in Quran....hopefully this article can be use to counter the missionaries tactic againts us Muslims!!!

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Miracle/ijaz.html#3

Allah Know's Best..
Peace yall....

Use magic Report

whitepig This user has been deleted
Post time 26-11-2004 12:44 PM | Show all posts
>>>, i also heard about the church in Muar,Johor whereby every year(if im not mistaken) there's a convention or summit aiming to give training to all the members on how to lead and creating a community of preachers<<<

enemy7,
what's wrong with those church activities?
don't your mullahs do the same with their grassroot?

why ,do you have plans to raze this church in muar to the grounds..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-11-2004 12:56 PM | Show all posts
There's something goin on there which u don't wanna know....if im not wrong(please someone confirm this), they teach about how to take over the nation from small groups to a larger scale of groups!!.....i've seen the phamplets from a friend(he already attend the convention twice and he's not going there anymore bcoz of certain subjects that contradicts with his belief)....it's like a business convention but embedded with hidden agenda!
There's also a Zionist(Israel) somewhere in their discussion paper, something fishy goin on there....

May Allah protect Malaysia from destruction...Ameen

Peace Yall....

Use magic Report

me This user has been deleted
Post time 26-11-2004 01:07 PM | Show all posts
hey...i heard this from a friend...( i hope somebody can confirm this ) he said there's a mosque in muar where they secrectly building an atomic bomb in order to wage war again america...he even join them once...but later left the group...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 26-11-2004 01:13 PM | Show all posts
Yes i still didn't convince with what i saw in the phamplets....i need more witnessess!!!for now i only seen one of it and still searching for the more!that's why i need others to confirm what i saw...

peace yall...
:ah:

Use magic Report

whitepig This user has been deleted
Post time 26-11-2004 01:13 PM | Show all posts
don't you worry Allah will protect malaysia from any undesirable elements...

You are wrong.

christians zealots over running malaysia? yeah macDonalds and Pizza Haven is morely to be taking over from the mamaks before this zealots take over. LOL.

Plus everyone has a free will.. if you do not want to be  taken over by the reptilians - just say 'no'. but OTOH, If you can easily be swayed by a or 3 pamphlets then you deserve that religion...and vice versa.

>>There's also a Zionist(Israel) somewhere in their discussion paper, something fishy goin on there<<<
............................maybe also a raelian and a reptilian.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 26-11-2004 01:14 PM | Show all posts
It's a church not a mosque....hehehe,nice try there ME, ur tactic is an old song!!!!

Allah Know's Best..
Peace Yall....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-11-2004 01:19 PM | Show all posts
That's why i created this thread...to provide us Muslims with the answers to all the lies shooted by the missionaries!!! if one of u have good links about the lies of the missionaries please post it here for us to share...

Peace Yall...

Use magic Report

Post time 26-11-2004 01:21 PM | Show all posts
...and you didn't get what i meant...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-11-2004 01:25 PM | Show all posts
:lol

Peace yall...

Use magic Report

Post time 26-11-2004 03:11 PM | Show all posts
still...you didn't get what i meant...

Use magic Report

Post time 26-11-2004 11:58 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by aenemy7 at 2004-11-26 01:14 PM:
It's a church not a mosque....hehehe,nice try there ME, ur tactic is an old song!!!!

Allah Know's Best..
Peace Yall....

the last i heard that they are enriching uranium at a chicken coop in a kampung in Kelantan.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-11-2004 01:42 AM | Show all posts
Uranium Debmey........hehehehehe!!!!

peace yall.....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-11-2004 03:08 AM | Show all posts
Here are more answer about the missionaries tactic, this Q&A was taken from;       http://www.islamonline.net/askab ... sp?hquestionID=7137

Here are the copy of the Q&A:

Name:  Mustapha - Rwanda
Topic: Faith & Practice  
Title: Answering Christian Questions  

Question:  I have been a Christian for a long time without finding the answer to many Christian questions. Now, many Christians trouble me using the prophecies of Daniel and the last book of their Bible, the Apocalypse. What does Islam say about the prophecies of Daniel and the Book of Revelations in the Bible?

Jazakum Allah khayran.

Date  2004/10/4   

Name of Consultant: Nabil Haroun  

Salam, Mustapha.

Thank you for your question.

It seems your Christian friends are troubling you. Why do you have to trouble yourself with the prophecies of the book of Daniel or the Apocalypse? First, think for yourself and ask your Christian friends: is the Bible really the word of God? How can they prove such claim? The Bible speaks for itself and says: &#8220;I am a compilation of human literary works written by human authors, documenting the history, views, epistles, and other literary works of the Israelites (the Old Testament) and Christians (the New Testament).&#8221;

Both groups were written and adopted, centuries after the departure of Prophets Moses and Jesus (peace be upon them), respectively. Neither the churches nor the Christian scholars can deny this simple fact, but they apologetically claim that the writers of the Bible were &#8220;inspired&#8221; by God to write what they wrote, otherwise, they could not have written. Can they prove that? Why would this not apply to any similarly prominent human works such as Homer&#8217;s Odyssey, Karl Marx&#8217;s Kapital, Francis Fukuyama&#8217;s End of History and the Last Man?

Books of the Old Testament represent selections of the literary heritage of the Israelites that were written, copied, translated, modified, and gradually added as either canonical or apocryphal material, during several centuries after the departure of Moses (peace be upon him). Revisions and corrections to the Bible are still going on today independently by the divergent Christian denominations.

As for the New Testament, it was the Church, through its ecumenical council at Nicea in the year 325 CE, that first selectively adopted some of these human works from among hundreds of others, to be the first &#8220;holy&#8221; version. The original Injeel of God inspired to the Prophet Jesus (peace be upon him) was practically lost, hidden or ignored, although a few references to that Injeel appear in the Bible. See Mark 1:14-15, Romans 1:1 and 9, and 1 Corinthians 9:12. The chosen works were selected to reflect and support changes introduced into the originally pure monotheistic message of Jesus. Such changes were started by Paul and others:
Claiming Jesus to be the Lord: &#8220;For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord&#8221; (Luke 2:11).

Claiming that he is the son of God: &#8220;And straightway he [Paul] preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God&#8221; (Acts 9: 20).

Claiming that he is part of a triune God&#8212;a concept borrowed from pagan and Hellenic beliefs: &#8220;For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one&#8221; (1 John 5:8).
Such claims directly contradict what Jesus himself said and emphasized, according to the same Bible:

&#8220;And Jesus said unto him, &#8216;Why callest thou me good? None is good, save one, that is, God&#8217;&#8221; (Luke 18:19).

&#8220;And Jesus saith unto him, &#8216;The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of Man hath not where to lay his head&#8217;&#8221; (Matthews 8:20).

&#8220;And Jesus answered him, &#8216;The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord&#8217;&#8221; (Mark 12:29).

These are a few of the major examples of the contradictions and mistakes of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments. Such contradictions are naturally expected for any such collection of human works that reflect the personal viewpoints, motives, and inclinations of those who wrote, edited, and selected them to be holy. Scores of these contradictions and mistakes&#8212;intentional or otherwise&#8212; cannot escape the eyes and mind of a common reader, much less a scholar. Compare, for example, the divergent narrations of the four Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John for any of the following:
Jesus&#8217;s genealogy (through Joseph the Carpenter!)

Where was Jesus in his first thirty years?

The Last Supper and arrest of Jesus

Trial of Jesus

The story of the crucifixion

The burial

The resurrection

The end of Judas
You can find more in the suggested links at the bottom of this answer and probably much more if you have the time and patience to critically read, compare, and evaluate the lengthy collection of the Bible books.

As such, how can a sound mind believe or rely on any story, anecdote, prophecy, or statement in the Bible? Why should you trouble yourself with the prophecies in Daniel and the Apocalypse?

If you are referring to the prophecy of Daniel:

&#8220;Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold. And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth. And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise. And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters&#8217; clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay. And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken. And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.&#8221; (Daniel 2:37-43)

Why should any interpreter forcibly twist the meaning of such simple words to fit to his own wish or pre-conceived ideas?

The Apocalypse was written by the widely disputed &#8220;John&#8221;, who also wrote the fourth Gospel and his two epistles. It is well known that this Gospel, in contrast to the other three Gospels, was intentionally written to support the claims of Jesus&#8217;s deity, the Trinity, etc. So, should the Apocalypse be viewed?

Instead of troubling yourself with whatever the Bible or its interpreters claim, ask your Christian friends to read this answer and to visit this section (Ask about Islam) on the Internet. It is fruitless to go on arguing secondary issues with others (e.g. prophecies in the Bible) if we do not agree on the main issue: Could the Bible, written by known and unknown human authors, be claimed to be the word of God?

In the Qur&#8217;an, Allah says what means:
*{So woe to [the ones] who write the Book with their hands; thereafter they say, &#8220;This is from [the providence of] Allah,&#8221; that they may trade it for a little price; So, woe to them for what their hands have written, and woe to them for what they have earned}* (Al-Baqarah 2:79).

Allah also says what means
*{And the Jews will never be satisfied with you, neither will the Christians till you [closely] follow their creed. Say, &#8220;Surely the guidance of Allah is the guidance&#8221;}* (Al-Baqarah 2:120).

Finally He says also what means:
*{Say, &#8220;O People of the Book, come to a level word between us and you, that we worship none except Allah, and that we do not associate anything with Him, and that some of us do not take to themselves others as lords, apart from Allah.&#8221; So, in case they turn away, then say, &#8220;Bear witness that we are Muslims&#8221;}* (Aal `Imran 3:64).

Thank you again for your question and please keep in touch.

Allah know's best...
Peace yall....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 27-11-2004 03:29 AM | Show all posts
This is the view of the Bible and Torah from Islam perspective taken from :

http://www.islamonline.net/askab ... sp?hquestionID=2776

Here are the copy of the Q&A...

Name: Abdullah - United Arab Emirates
Title: What Islam says about the Bible  

Question:

Assalamu Alaykum!

We (the Muslims) were discussing various topics with Christians on an Islamic discussion forum. The Christians made certain comments, which I'd like you to respond to. Here is what they said: &#8220;All food was lawful to the Children of Israel, except what Israel Made unlawful for itself, before the Law (of Moses) was revealed.
...Say: "Bring ye the Law and study it, if ye be men of truth."

Surah 3 Verse 93

The Christians said: &#8220;The problem is that the ayah is saying to follow the Torah. However, Muslims say that the Torah has been corrupted and lost. How could the Jews study the Torah unless the book they had at Muhammad's time is the Book from Moses' time?&#8221;
If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt.

Surah 10 Verse 94

The Christians said: &#8220;First, this ayah says to ask the People of the Book, not merely the upright people. But if Muslims asked even the good Christians, they would say Jesus died and rose again.&#8221;
And dispute ye not with the People of the Book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our God and your God is one; and it is to Him we bow (in Islam)."

Surah 29 Verse 46

The Christians said: &#8220;This says to believe not only in the revelation come Abraham, Moses, and Jesus but also to 7th century Christians, and to all Christians! The Christians are trying their best to prove that the Qur'an does not say the Torah and the Bible have been corrupted. They're also trying their best to prove that the Qur'an says Muslims should follow the Torah and the Bible.

I would appreciate it if you kindly respond to the comments of the Christians and teach all of us the tafseer of each ayah that was mentioned, and kindly clear the misconceptions and misunderstandings of the Christians with regards to each ayah that was mentioned.

Wassalamu Alaykum  

Date  2002/7/6   

Name of Consultant: Shahul Hameed  

Dear Brother Abdullah,
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah, thank you very much for your mail.

First of all, I would like to clear a misunderstanding among certain Muslims, which some Christian missionaries are trying to take undue advantage of: The Muslims do not believe that the Torah and Bible are lost, that they are completely lost. The Qur&#8217;anic position about the Torah and Bible is very clear. Here, I would like to point out that it is well attested by learned Christian scholars too. That is, the Books of God as revealed to Moses and Jesus do not exist now in the original form and language.

Many Muslims misunderstand that the Christian Old Testament is the Torah. This is not true. The first five books of the Old Testament, often called the Pentateuch (the Five Books), contain some of the ideas in the original Torah - that is all. The language of the original Torah was ancient Hebrew; now nobody speaks that language. The first five books of the Old Testament contain ideas from the original Torah and also stories, which could have never been part of the divinely revealed Book. So the Jewish or Christian Torah contains some parts of the Original Torah, as well as other things.

The same is the case of the Bible. It was revealed to Jesus by God, in Jesus&#8217; own language of Aramaic, which is a Semitic language, an eastern language similar to Hebrew and Arabic. The &#8220;original&#8221; extant copies of the gospels are in Greek, a western language. Now there are four gospels, supposed to have been written by four of the disciples of Jesus: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Was Jesus quoting, from these Greek books, written many years after his disappearance when he was addressing his people? Certainly not! He was quoting from the Book he received from God, which was the original Bible in the language of his own people. The argument that God revealed his Bible to Jesus in Greek is like saying that God revealed the Qur&#8217;an to Muhammad in English!

So the original Gospel was not in Greek, it was in the language Jesus and his people spoke and understood. We have no record or evidence to indicate that; this original Gospel was written down by scribes under Jesus&#8217; own supervision. I repeat: We have no original Gospel existing now as a single volume, in the original language. Every educated Christian must know this fact! (Those who are in doubt can go to the Jerome Biblical Commentary, or any authentic book by genuine scholars that deal with the subject. Nevertheless, missionaries give the impression that this is only a baseless charge by Muslims.

Instead of the original Gospel, we have four books written by persons who are supposed to have been Jesus&#8217; disciples. I say &#8216;supposed&#8217;, because modern scholars who have done research on the subject, question the claim that these were the disciples of Jesus, in the first place. These four books called the Gospels are placed at the beginning of some 27 books, bound together into one volume, called The New Testament. Out of these 27 books, thirteen were written by a man called St. Paul. This Paul was not a disciple of Jesus, nor has Jesus met him, as he himself testifies. Modern Christians are ardent followers of St. Paul, even in cases where Paul clearly contradicts Jesus!

The Islamic request to Christians is just this: Please follow Jesus, don&#8217;t follow Paul, who preaches a different gospel! The Islamic belief about the present Book, which the Christians use as &#8220;the word of God&#8221;, called the New Testament is that it is not the Gospel of Jesus mentioned in the Qur'an. Still, Muslims believe that the Gospels in the bible contain some teachings of Jesus, as well as the interpretations of the writers of those books, whoever they might have been. Also Muslims believe that in the words quoted from Jesus in these gospels, you come across certain ideas, which he received from God too. So the New Testament (particularly the Gospels) is valuable to the Muslims. It is valuable in that there is the &#8220;word of God&#8221; in it, exactly as the Old Testament (particularly the Pentateuch) is valuable to Muslims in that it contains also the &#8220;word of God&#8221; in it.

There is a couple of things that we must understand about God commanding Muslims to go to Christians or Jews and ask them about any particular point, to verify whether it is in their books.

God wants to make Muslims, as well as the People of the Book, understand the continuity of Divine Guidance.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-11-2004 03:30 AM | Show all posts
He wants to encourage understanding and dialogue between Muslims and others, for Allah knows best.

The Qur&#8217;an does not say anywhere that the older scriptures remained pure and free from corruption. On the contrary, the Qur&#8217;an very clearly says that they have been corrupted. One of the functions of the Qur&#8217;an is to confirm the truth that is left in the older scriptures, even after many interpolations and revisions have affected substantial changes in them.

The Qur&#8217;anic position about the previous scriptures is clarified in the following verse:
To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what God hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If God had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to God; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute;

Surah 5 Verse 48

This verse means that the Qur&#8217;an confirms the truth that remains in the former scriptures. The Arabic word translated, &#8220;Watcher over&#8221; is Muhaymin, which clearly indicates that the Qur&#8217;an confirms only the truth in the previous books. That the keepers of the previous books had distorted them is made clear in another verse:
Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from God," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby.

Surah 2 Verse 79

From these two verses, it is quite clear that the Qur&#8217;an does not support the Christian claim that the Torah and the Bible remain uncorrupted all through history. What is more, this is not a claim they can maintain in the light of their own scripture:

&#8220;How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the Lord is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie&#8221; (Jeremiah 8:8, quoted from the New American Standard Bible).

Here the Prophet Jeremiah is scolding the Israelites that their corrupt scribes have made the Law of the Lord (that is the Torah) into a lie by their &#8216;lying pen&#8217; (that is the pen they used to change the verses). This proof in the Book, the People of the Book are carrying, clearly establishes that their Book has been corrupted by their own scribes.

We have good evidence in the Gospels themselves that Jesus was using the original Bible for his preaching. He used to refer to it as The Gospel of the Kingdom:
&#8220;And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.&#8221; (Matthew 4: 23)

Here it is said that Jesus preached the Gospel of the Kingdom. Ask those Christian disputants whether Jesus was preaching one of the four Canonical gospels included in the Bible in 325 C.E, written not in Jesus&#8217; own Aramaic language, but in the western language of Greek, at least thirty years after his alleged crucifixion. It is so obvious that no Christian scholar, worth his salt, can deny the fact that the present gospels contain the words of God, the words of Jesus and the words of the writer. That means that they are not fully God&#8217;s word. The Islamic belief is also the same.

Now let us turn specifically to the Qur&#8217;anic verses you quoted:

First,
All food was lawful to the Children of Israel, except what Israel Made unlawful for itself, before the Law (of Moses) was revealed. Say: "Bring ye the Law and study it, if ye be men of truth."

Surah 3 Verse 93

Second,
If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt.

Surah 10 Verse 94

We must understand that these verses were originally addressed to the Prophet and his contemporaries. They had no means of knowing many of the ideas, which were being revealed to them by God. This is because there were so many things new to them, particularly about Jews and Christians, which were already really confusing to those polytheists or ex-polytheists of Mecca and Madinah. I believe (Allah knows best), it is to these people that the verses are primarily addressed.

"The truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt" - is clearly addressed to those who doubt, or to those who are likely to have some doubts. It is only natural for humans to have all kinds of doubts and questions, arising in the mind, especially in the light of so much of new material. It seems the Christian argument is that we are commanded not to doubt the Christian claims. However, as we have seen, this is not what the Qur'an commands us to do.

May Allah guide us to truth!

Mr. Lamaan Ball, editor of Ask About Islam, adds:

We are told in the Qur'an only to verify that what is in the Qur'an agrees with some extant verses of the Bible. The Muslims can quote the Bible, because they believe there is some truth in it. But we need to be clear: we understand that there is also falsehood there, which is wrongly presented as truth. By quoting the Bible we can show that the Qur'an confirms teachings already present in the earlier books. We must however always be clear that we are not asserting anything else about the remaining contents of those earlier books.

Allah Knows Best...
Peace Yall.....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-11-2004 03:49 AM | Show all posts
If we are question by the missionaries about the authenticity of the Al-Quran,here are the answer taken from :

http://www.islamonline.net/askab ... sp?hquestionID=3320

Here are the copy of the Q&A ;

Name : Pearl - Malaysia
Title :The authenticity of the Qur'an and the Bible  

Question:

Assalamu &#8216;alaykum wa rahmatu Allah,

If a non-Muslim were to ask about the authenticity of the Qur&#8217;an, how do we answer that and what proof can we give/tell them that the Qur&#8217;an is in its original form since the beginning and has never been distorted. Also, if a non-Muslim were to ask what proofs do we (Muslims) have that the Bible was distorted.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thank you, wa salaam  
Date  2002/9/21   

Name of Consultant Shahul Hameed  
Content of Reply

Hello Pearl,

Assalamu &#8216;alaikum wa rahmatullah.

Thank you very much for your question.

Revelation is a key part of the way God has organized this universe. There are two aspects to revelation. First the message itself and second the proof that the message comes from God. The proof comes in various ways. But, before looking at the proofs, let us briefly consider the message and why revelation is itself necessary in the scheme of things.

The basic need for revelation is to provide moral authority, to guide human beings towards fulfilling the purpose of existence, which is the will of Allah. Without revelation, we may only judge what is instrumentally useful to our condition. Yet, our purpose in creation requires a greater authority than mere worldly judgments. What is right? What is wrong? These are questions about the ultimate nature of existence and can only be answered through the Ultimate Being &#8211; Allah.

The Qur'an addresses this point head on. It starts with the foundational prayer of Islam al-fatihah &#8211; the opening. This is essentially a prayer to God for guidance. The next surah (chapter) of the Qur'an begins to answer this prayer with the following statements:
This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear God;

Surah 2 Verse 2

When it comes to proofs that a book is indeed from Allah, there are a number of considerations. Firstly, we can look at the textual integrity and historical facts about its compilation. This establishes the historical reality of the text. Then we can see how what is says can serve as a proof of its origin, being the word of God. Let us first look at the historical evidence and consistency of the claims made in each text.

The Holy Qur&#8217;an

As for the authenticity of the Holy Qur&#8217;an, we can note the following points:

God in the Holy Qur&#8217;an tells the Prophet:
Move not thy tongue concerning the (Qur'an) to make haste therewith.
It is for Us to collect it and to promulgate it:
But when We have promulgated it, follow thou its recital (as promulgated):
Nay more, it is for Us to explain it (and make it clear):

Surah 75 Verses 16 - 19

God gives here a guarantee that the collection and the promulgation of the Holy Qur&#8217;an are assured. It has been recorded that the Prophet, who received the divine revelation, not only dictated them to his companions, but learned them by heart. Besides, the Prophet took all measures to see that the companions also learned them by heart. The Prophet said:

&#8216;The most superior among you (Muslims) are those who learn the Qur'an and teach it.' (Bukhari, VI - No. 546)

Following the Prophet&#8217;s instructions, many of his companions learned the Qur&#8217;an by heart, immediately after the verses were revealed. Imam Suyuti mentions - in his Itqan - more than twenty well-known persons who memorized the revelation. The practice of memorizing the Qur&#8217;an was encouraged by the Prophet so much, that not only his companions, but the pious Muslims of later times also took great care to memorize it.

It is true that the Qur&#8217;an was not compiled into a single book in the Prophet&#8217;s time; but the verses were scrupulously written down and passages were recited, not only during prayer, but also on other occasions. Muslims were taught that the recitation and the contemplation of the Qur&#8217;anic verses were acts of piety, worthy of great reward. For this reason, the companions of the Prophet were eager to learn the verses, which fact was to a great extent responsible for the safeguarding the Qur&#8217;an in the hearts of the people.

The story of the conversion of Omar is well-known. In Ibn Hisham&#8217;s account we can read how Omar asked his sister to hand over to him a written sheet of the Qur&#8217;an, which they have been reading. This points to the fact that the practice of recording the verses on available materials was already happening in the earliest years of the revelation.

It has been clearly recorded, by the Prophet&#8217;s biographers, that he had appointed many scribes to write down the Qur&#8217;anic revelations. The following hadith proves that the Qur&#8217;an was with the companions of the Prophet in written form:

&#8216;From Ibn Omar: ... 'The messenger of Allah (pbuh) said: &#8216;Do not take the Qur'an on a journey with you, for I am afraid lest it should fall into the hands of the enemy&#8217;&#8217;. (Sahih Muslim & Sahih Bukhari)

Obviously this is a reference to the written Qur&#8217;an.
There are three hadiths in Sahih Bukhari, informing us that Angel Gabriel used to recite the Qur'an with the Prophet once a year, but he recited it twice with him in the year he died. This happened when the Prophet used to stay in i'tikaf (solitude worship) for ten days every year (in the month of Ramadan), but in the year of his death, he stayed in i'tikaf for twenty days. (Bukhari)

It is clear for the above reasons that there is no comparison between the Qur&#8217;an and other Holy Scriptures, in the matter of recording and passing on to future generations. While the books of the Old and New Testaments, for example, were written, edited and compiled over long periods, sometimes centuries, the text of the Qur'an, once revelation had ceased, has remained the same, up to this very day.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-11-2004 03:50 AM | Show all posts
Zaid ibn Thabit was the chief scribe, who used to record down the revelation, dictated by the Prophet. After the Prophet&#8217;s time, in the battle of Yamama, a large number of the huffaz (those who had memorized the Qur&#8217;an) died. Then Abu Bakar appointed Zaid to collect all the available written versions of the Qur&#8217;an and to bring out a master copy. Since he had been the chief scribe of the Prophet, he was the most suited person for that job.

When he completed this work, he gave the collection of written materials to Abu Bakar, which he kept with him till his death. After his death, Omar, the second khalifah, finally gave it to his daughter Hafsa &#8211; one of the prophet&#8217;s wives - for safekeeping. It was from this collection of material that Khalifah Othman prepared several copies in the form of the first books of the entire Qur&#8217;an. Some of these copies still exist.

God assures us in the Holy Qur&#8217;an:
We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly guard it (from corruption).

Surah 15 Verse 9

and
... indeed it is a Book of exalted power.
No falsehood can approach it from before or behind it: It is sent down by One Full of Wisdom, Worthy of all Praise.

Surah 41 Verses 41 &#8211; 42

For more on the historical facts around the time of the revelation of the Qur'an please read &#8216;Ulum al-Quran - An Introduction to the Sciences of the Qur'an - by Ahmad Von Denffer

The Bible

When we consider the history of the Bible, we find that the story is entirely different. For one thing, the Bible is not one book; no Christian can claim it to be one book, revealed by God to one Prophet. Rather, according to some Christian scholars, it is &#8220;a library of books&#8221;. This means that the Bible was composed by many authors at different stages in history. This is a major difference between the Qur&#8217;an and the Bible.

The whole Bible is divided into the Old Testament and the New Testament. The Old Testament consists of books composed or compiled before Jesus Christ. Then, the New Testament consists of books compiled after Jesus Christ.

According to the Encyclopedia Universalis (Paris, 1974 edition, Vol. A pp. 246- 263: Entry: Bible, written by J.P. Sandroz, Professor at the Dominican Faculties, Saulchoir), the Old Testament appears as a literary monument to the Jewish people, from its origins to the coming of Christianity.

The books it consists of were written, completed and revised between the Tenth and the First centuries B.C. It is a collection of works of greatly differing length and many different genres. They were written in several languages, over a period of more than nine hundred years, based on oral traditions. Many of these works were corrected and completed, in accordance with events or special requirements, often at periods that were very distant from one another.

To understand what the Old Testament represents, it is important to retain this information, correctly established today by highly qualified specialists.
&#8216;A Revelation is mingled in all these writings, but all we possess today is what men have seen fit to leave us. These men manipulated the texts to please themselves, according to the circumstances they were in and the necessities they had to meet.&#8217; (The Bible, Qur&#8217;an and Modern Science - by Maurice Bucaille.)

We also read in The Interpreter's Dictionary Of The Bible:

&#8216;The original copies of the New Testament books have, of course, long since disappeared. This fact should not cause surprise. In the first place, they were written on papyrus, a very fragile and perishable material. In the second place, and probably of even more importance, the original copies of the NT [new testament] books were not looked upon as scripture by those of the early Christian communities.&#8217; (George

Arthur Buttrick - Ed.: The Interpreter's Dictionary Of The Bible, Volume 1, p. 599 &#8211; under: &#8216;Text, New Testament').

The New Testament consists of 39 books. The first four are known as the Gospels, which narrate the story of Jesus. The remaining books were written by his supposed disciples. The most prominent among them was St. Paul, who wrote some thirteen books. The irony of the matter is that this St. Paul, though a contemporary of Jesus, has never met him, nor was he among the twelve disciples chosen by Jesus himself! And yet, it is his ideas, rather than those of Jesus or any of his disciples, that have given most shape to modern Christianity!

The four Gospel writers are Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Among the disciples of Jesus, we find all these names except that of Luke. The Church fathers have been teaching their followers that the Gospel writers were &#8220;eyewitnesses&#8221; to the acts of Jesus. But modern research points out that the Gospel writers and the disciples were different persons. For example, there was a disciple called Matthew, but the Gospel of Matthew was not written by this Matthew! The King James Version of the Gospels points to this fact, see the titles of the Gospels: Gospel according to Matthew, Gospel according to Mark&#8230; etc., and not Gospel by Matthew, Gospel by Mark etc.

The Christian teaching is that these Gospels, as well as the rest of the New Testament, were the &#8220;word of God&#8221;. They contend that the Gospel writers were inspired by God while writing, and so could not go wrong. If this were true, how could they explain the inconsistencies among the various gospels as to many details? For instance Matthew and Luke give two different genealogies for Jesus. (See Matthew: 1:1-17; and Luke 3: 23-38). Only a few names in the two lists agree!

There are many more internal evidences in the Biblical books, which prove that these books were not reliably guarded from corruption. But for our purpose, I hope the foregoing will suffice. It is quite evident, from the above facts, that the Holy Qur&#8217;an as we have it now, is an authentic text. This is while the claim about the Bible (both the Old and the New Testaments) as authentic, is a spurious one.

Moving beyond the historical realities of the texts, there is much material on the nature of the Qur'an. One key test of a text by which we may know it as the word of God is that it is consistent internally and consistent with science throughout time. Such claims cannot reasonably be made about the Bible and science but they can be made about the Qur'an and are.
Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other Than God, they would surely have found therein Much discrepancy.

Surah 4 Verse 82

Allah Know's Best...
Peace Yall....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

10-5-2024 03:52 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.058942 second(s), 42 queries .