CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: greekgod

If Christian accepted OT, why worship idols?

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 14-2-2005 06:15 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Seraphim at 14-2-2005 11:56 AM:

You mentioned "worship" earlier..Suddenly there's a drastic change of words into "bow" and "kneeling"... I sure certainly do not worship idols and the likes... And ...

hems...

the term worship.. do you understand worship?
what what the heck is worship?

in simple word: worship is an action.
an action for what? to show one's faith..
towards whom? towards deity (in one's belief)

therefore, what i had mentioned earlier:
worship: action
how do you worship? bow and kneel down
to whom? to deity.. and in christian belief, whose their deity?
whose jesus you have to mention too!

about the bread, it is a single morning bread. somebody found a fungus, and he said the fungus looks alike to jesus faith. then, he kept the bread in patry.. and later, he sold that bread in the ebay, and the stories had a few times being written in press, for the story of that bread, im not sure whether the news hit malaysia's shore or not. but, behind the story (u knowlah.. christian author yg tulis artikel tu, therefore she wants to make the story better la.. god's showing his existence), and later you know who did bought that? a kelab malam... hanjingzz sangat kan, kelab malam yg beli 'tuhan'..

pernah dengar cerita pasal kain linen yg jadi kapan jesus? ha.. that's even an interesting thing to let you know.. but wait.. i'll compile the story if necessary.. at the mean time, enjoy my new thread i had just posted...

as we are talking about jesus, probably this thread too can help you to understand your belief

http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthread.php?tid=147378&fpage=1

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-2-2005 01:02 AM | Show all posts
I'm a Christian and i have never seen statues in churches. Neither do i see people worshipping statues before.

But i do see muslims bowing down to a black stone. Are yu muslims following the laws of moses or what?

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2005 10:12 AM | Show all posts
I'm a Christian and i have never seen statues in churches. Neither do i see people worshipping statues before.
=r u blind??then what on the cross insied the church??

But i do see muslims bowing down to a black stone. Are yu muslims following the laws of moses or what?

=hahahaha...do our mosque have such black stone..i mean EVERY MOSQUE on this god's earth..

sniper is sniping again with headshots on his mind

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2005 10:39 AM | Show all posts
I have never seen any statues in churches i have been to. Not one. Even if there is, that does not mean that they are worshipped, unlike the kaaba where muslims boiw 5 times a day towards.

peace

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2005 10:42 AM | Show all posts
I have never seen any statues in churches i have been to. Not one. Even if there is, that does not mean that they are worshipped, unlike the kaaba where muslims boiw 5 times a day towards.

peace

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 15-2-2005 10:56 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2005-2-15 10:42 AM:
I have never seen any statues in churches i have been to. Not one. Even if there is, that does not mean that they are worshipped, unlike the kaaba where muslims boiw 5 times a day towards.  ...

Which means that you have never been to a Roman Catholic church. A cross (found in catholic & non-catholic churches)  is also an idol although not in statue of a human form (as found in catholic churches). Put the figure of the 'so-called' Jesus on it and it becomes a statue. You telling us catholics are not christians and they don't pray in churches? -  Tell them that.

Nobody worships the ka'abah (which means a cube). It is just a direction towards a cube-shaped building  where statues have been destroyed. It is to show & to remind  Muslims that our hearts and souls  are inclined towards the destruction of polytheism and the upholding of monotheism. That is all that is meant by the direction towards Mecca and the ka'abah. It also denotes unity of purpose among all Muslims during 'salah' (formal prayers or communication with God).

Nothing more, nothing less.

So, please don't compare the ka'bah to your statues and crosses. Nothing similar in meaning and significance. Its the direct opposite.

Qur'an 002.115

To Allah belong the east and the West: Whithersoever ye turn, there is the presence of Allah. For Allah is all-Pervading, all-Knowing.

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 15-2-2005 at 11:12 AM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 15-2-2005 11:13 AM | Show all posts
When yu bow to that thing 5 times a day, walk circles around it for pilgrimmage, thats worship whether you like it or not.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2005 11:14 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 14-2-2005 04:42 PM:
I have never seen any statues in churches i have been to. Not one. Even if there is, that does not mean that they are worshipped, unlike the kaaba where muslims boiw 5 times a day towards.  ...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-2-2005 11:15 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2005-2-15 11:13 AM:
When yu bow to that thing 5 times a day, walk circles around it for pilgrimmage, thats worship whether you like it or not.

Thats what you the idolater say & guess and hope to believe (so that we will be similarly paganistic as you).  Thats not what we know for sure. How can it be when our hearts, soul and tounges are constantly reciting praises to  'Allah'?

Allah is not the ka'abah and can never be.

BUT, Jesus (your god) is the statue and the crucified (on the cross).  

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 15-2-2005 at 11:21 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2005 11:20 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 14-2-2005 05:13 PM:

do we wear 'kaabah' neclaces around our necks??

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2005 11:29 AM | Show all posts
yu hang kaaba pics on your wall in the living rooms.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2005 11:31 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2005-2-15 11:29 AM:
yu hang kaaba pics on your wall in the living rooms.

Nothing wrong with that. Some people also have pictures of the twin towers/Eifel tower/kandang kerbau hospital  hung in their living rooms.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2005 11:43 AM | Show all posts
But they don't bow to Eiffel Tower 5 times a day and make pilgrimmage to it.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2005 12:16 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 14-2-2005 05:43 PM:
But they don't bow to Eiffel Tower 5 times a day and make pilgrimmage to it.

how about the picture of jesus on the walls..also the cross with jesus 'crucified' on it on the walls of the bedroom

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2005 12:48 PM | Show all posts
I don't have any pics of Jesus in my bedroom.

Use magic Report

me This user has been deleted
Post time 15-2-2005 01:41 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by greekgod at 7-2-2005 11:09 AM:
If Christian accepted OT, why worship idols?

The First & Second Commandments

You shall have no other gods before me
You shall not make for yourself an idol

Some of the most inter ...

ever go to church?

if not...then go and observe...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-2-2005 01:50 PM | Show all posts
The problem with all these muslim polemics is, none of them has ever been inside a church before or read the Bible. They are afraid their islamic faith will be shaken just by doing these things. On the other hand, they want to attack Christianity. Thats why they end up not knowing what they are cutting and pasting.

cheers & peace

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2005 05:11 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2005-2-15 01:50 PM:
The problem with all these muslim polemics is, none of them has ever been inside a church before or read the Bible. They are afraid their islamic faith will be shaken just by doing these things. On ...

There is no reason for a Muslim to go to church. There is also no reason for a Muslim to read the bible. If you do finally  find the injil  in the original language of Jesus, Aramaic, I'm sure many Muslims would like to read it. Bored of reading translations upon translations upon translations of translations about translations.

By the way, I happened to stumble upon this. Do you know the origin of the word 'church'?  I'm sure Debmey doesn't know.

Sorry guys, a jewish rabbi wrote this:

http://www.emetministries.com/Or ... 20Term%20Church.htm

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2005 07:16 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 15-2-2005 05:11 PM:

There is no reason for a Muslim to go to church. There is also no reason for a Muslim to read the bible.

I see, you dont go to church, you dont read the bible, then you're not qualify to attack christianity coz you dont have any idea what christianity is all about.

By the way, I happened to stumble upon this. Do you know the origin of the word 'church'?  I'm sure Debmey doesn't know.

Sorry guys, a jewish rabbi wrote this:

Getting desperate eh KENNKID, anythings goes as long as it attack christianity eventhough it come from the 'race' you hate so much.

Pathetic.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-2-2005 07:58 PM | Show all posts
I see, you dont go to church, you dont read the bible, then you're not qualify to attack christianity coz you dont have any idea what christianity is all about
=I see, you dont go to mosque, you dont read thequran, then you're not qualify to attack islam coz you dont have any idea what islam iis all about

(same can be said here ;) )

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

9-5-2024 01:42 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070151 second(s), 42 queries .