Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: isabel

Chinese Entertainment News & Info HERE!

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 19-2-2008 12:20 PM | Show all posts

Lydia Shum passed away this morning
Feb 19,2008

Entertainer Lydia Shum passed away this morning in Queen Mary Hospital at 60-years-old. For many years Lydia has been suffering diabetes, high blood pressure, liver cancer, etc. Earlier on she received a bile duct operation.

Ho Sau Sun, who has worked with Lydia in the past described that it was hard to express his current feelings. "I can't seem to accept this at the moment... it's hard to explain my feelings."

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-2-2008 03:18 PM | Show all posts
baru tahu slm gak..

Use magic Report

Post time 31-3-2008 07:00 PM | Show all posts
March 30, 2008

Chinese Stars Back in Seoul

By Han Sang-hee
Staff Reporter

Chinese superstars Kelly Chen, left,
and Leon Lai pose at the press conference
of "An Empress and the Warriors" in CGV Yongsan,

Seoul, Friday. / Yonhap

Chinese super stars Leon Lai and Kelly Chen may have not visited Korea for a while, but they proved they were still fond of Korean fans at their new movie's premiere Friday.

At the press conference of "An Empress and the Warriors" release, Lai and Chen seemed excited to be back in Seoul.

"I am so happy to be here again" said Chen, dressed in an elegant white and gray dress, as she greeted reporters and her fans in perfect Korean.

"An Empress and the Warriors" depicts the tragic love story of an empress and two warriors. Due to director Ching Siu-tung, renowned for his Chinese martial arts movies such as "Naked Weapon" (2002) and "A Chinese Ghost Story" (1987), fans may thought the movie would be full of martial arts scenes, but "Empress" also depicts a heart-breaking love story.

Chen plays the role of courageous Yen Feier, the empress of a kingdom 2,000 years ago in ancient China. She is left to reign over the war-torn nation, and also has to protect herself from enemies who wish to see her fall and steal the crown. Torn between her responsibility of being queen and also her love toward a dispatched soldier Duan Lan-quan (Leon Lai) and general of her kingdom Muyong Xuehu (Donnie Yen), Yen Feier challenges herself with decisions that may result in her death and also of those she loves.

This is the first period film for Chen, who also starred in "Internal Affairs," (2002) and when she was asked about her starring in a war movie, she admitted that it was not easy.

"Of course, I was worried. This was my first action, let alone war, movie. Before the start-up, I learned archery, horse riding, wrestling, and martial arts for three months," she said.

The 34-year-old actress admitted she was worried even after all the lessons, but the director helped her through it.

"Director Ching had many requests. But all of the action scenes were perfectly arranged and he continuously gave me faith that I could do this,'' Chen said.

Leon Lai, famous for his romantic roles among Korean fans, also played tough action scenes throughout the movie, but still managed to show his soft side.

"Amid the tragic situation of war, Kelly and I create our own love story line within the movie. Having to act a character I have never done before was difficult, but I tried hard to concentrate on my role. When I am at the shoot, I look up to the blue sky and the trees, let go of everything inside of me and then start reading the script. This way, I discover myself as the character, not Leon Lai," he said.

When asked about the last love scene, the 41-year-old actor did not hesitate to express his thoughts and his respect toward the director.

'I think judging a movie as old-fashioned all depends on the viewers. I am an actor, and an actor respects the director and his requests. I can assure you that every scene was created by director Ching's efforts and I respect that," he said. Lai also offered to do an episode where he really had to ride an air balloon over a cliff, instead of leaving the scene to computer graphics.

"I was so sure that this scene would be done by computer graphics. But I really had to ride the air balloon from the cliff," he laughed.

Fans will also have the chance to listen to the two actors, also being successful singers, as they sing together in the movie.

"We have very similar voices, so it was nice to sing together. I think our voices go well together," Chen said.

When they were asked if there was anything they wanted to do during their visit to Seoul, Lai answered that if he had time to stay for a month, he would like to rent a car and live an ordinary life in Korea.

Chen, however, had more specific plans. "I want to go and eat tteokbokki (Korean rice cake with spicy pepper sauce). Tteokbokki is very delicious!" she said in Korean, drawing laughter from reporters and fans.

The epic movie "An Empress and the Warriors" will be in theaters April 9.

Credits: sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2008/03/201_21610.html

Use magic Report

Post time 4-5-2008 02:23 AM | Show all posts
Wong Hei hit by altitude sickness
Ambulance ferrying actor to hospital crashes into river
OLYMPIC TORCH RELAY DRAMA AT MT EVEREST

Friday May 2, 2008

Drama continued to dog the Olympic torch relay even as it closed in on its final destination - Beijing.

Hong Kong television actor Wong Hei, who was preparing to cover the Olympic torch relay to Mount Everest, suffered from altitude sickness when he was 5,200m above sea level.

To make things worse, the ambulance that was called in to take the TVB actor overturned on its way to the hospital, South China Morning Post reported yesterday.
Ironically, Wong had in the past successfully climbed to a height of 6,381m on Mt Everest.
With his experience scaling mountains, the TV station decided to assign him to cover the torch relay.

Wong had previously suffered from altitude sickness but recovered after a short rest.
But things turned out differently on Monday.
During a break, the accompanying doctor inspected everyone. He checked on the sleeping Wong and discovered he was suffering from altitude sickness.
As Wong's brain was lacking in oxygen and his blood oxygen level was low, an ambulance was called.

A doctor found that TVB actor Wong Hei (above) has low oxygen level in his brain and blood. The Everest torch, specially designed to burn in frigid, windy, oxygen-thin Himalayan air, is a sister flame to the one that made its way around the world.

MISSION CONTINUES

But during the drive to the hospital, the ambulance turned too sharply and ended up in a river.
The driver and doctor in the front of the ambulance were unhurt. A nurse in the back suffered head injury.
Wong, who spoke with reporters on the phone, said that although he was still weak, he has not forgotten his mission on Mt Everest.

He said: 'I was lucky. I hope to recover soon and continue to do my report. If I don't finish my work, I will find it hard to return to Hong Kong.'

He added that the episode has not frightened him. 'Aiyah, who knows death can come with no sound and no warning, you will leave everything behind and die.
'If you don't die after a calamity, fortune will follow. Hopefully, I can share my fortune with everyone.'
Wong was discharged yesterday evening and said he would continue covering the torch relay on Mt Everest.

Yesterday, China marked the 100-day countdown to the Olympics with the torch's return to Chinese soil when it landed in bustling Hong Kong, reported AP.
The flame was driven to a welcoming ceremony at a cultural centre but five pro-democracy activists tried to disrupt the event.

The protest's leader maverick lawmaker Leung Kwok Hung said: 'We demand that the Chinese communist regime lives up to the promise it made in 2002 (when it was awarded the Olympics) to improve human rights in China.'
But Mr Leung was heckled by a few elderly onlookers who accused him of stirring up trouble. One asked him: 'Do you consider yourself Chinese?'

source AF

Use magic Report

Post time 21-7-2008 04:04 PM | Show all posts
July 21, 2008

Leung-Lau Wedding Photo Unveiled  

Carina Lau and Tony Leung are seen in a wedding photo shot in Bhutan. [Photo: ent.sina.com.cn]

Tony Leung and Carina Lau released one of their wedding photos to quench fans' curiosity on Sunday, one day before the Hong Kong couple's much-discussed wedding in Bhutan.

The photo shows the star couple wearing red gowns standing in front of a lush backdrop. Leung and Lau began shooting their wedding photos shortly after their arrival in Bhutan last week, the Hong Kong-based Wen Wei Po reported. Places featured in their wedding album include Bhutan's royal palace.

A lavish wedding is scheduled Monday at the luxurious Uma Paro hotel. Because Lau said she wanted a peaceful wedding, the hotel is being heavily guarded to keep the paparazzi at bay.

Leung's management company said that on Friday, hotel security removed at least eight journalists who had entered the premises of the Uma Paro, the International Herald Tribune reported.

Meanwhile, most of the 80 or so guests have arrived in Bhutan. Celebrity guests include filmmaker Stanley Kwan, actress Brigitte Lin, and former pop diva Faye Wong and her actor husband, Li Yapeng. Award-winning film director Wong Kar-Wai is in charge of planning the wedding.

Tony Leung, 46, and Carina Lau, 42, have been together for 19 years.

Source: CRIENGLISH.com
http://english.cri.cn/3086/2008/07/21/1261s383432.htm

Use magic Report

Post time 22-7-2008 01:08 PM | Show all posts
July 22, 2008

Latest from Leung and Lau's Wedding

Carina Lau and Tony Leung are seen at their wedding held on July 21, 2008 at the luxurious Uma Paro hotel in Bhutan. The Hong Kong star couple finally tied the knot after being together for 19 years. [Photo: ent.sina.com.cn]

http://english.cri.cn/3086/2008/07/22/1261s383828.htm

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 24-7-2008 10:17 PM | Show all posts
July 24, 2008

TONY & CARINA'S $7M BHUTAN WEDDING

HIGH GLAMOUR in the HIMALAYAS  

TRUST Hong Kong's golden celebrity couple to wed in high glamour.

Tony and Carina walking down the grassy 'aisle' at the resort.

Actors Tony Leung Chiu Wai, 46, and Carina Lau, 43, tied the knot on Monday in a lavish wedding ceremony in Bhutan that cost $7million.

No expenses were spared for the 'wedding of the century' as dubbed by Hong Kong newspapers.

The bride and groom were kitted out in their best for their big day.

On the bride's slender ring finger sat a sparkling 12-carat Cartier ring that costs a cool $5 million.

Tony was clad in a Tom Ford suit, while Carina was clad in a strapless Vera Wang gown.

Apart from designer outfits, the couple's 5 1/2-hour wedding ceremony at the hilltop resort of Uma Paro saw them extravagantly entertaining their 100-plus guests.

They feasted on a nine-course menu provided by the resort, a five-tier wedding cake and 30 bottles of champagne.

The couple spared no expense in making sure that their nearest and dearest were present to witness the occasion.

While some friends paid for their air fare from Thailand to Bhutan, the couple paid for their guests' plane tickets from Hong Kong to Thailand.

There were also 20 security guards to ensure that the afternoon ceremony proceeded without a hitch.

The couple posing with young monks
during the wedding celebrations.
-- Pictures: REUTERS, APPLE DAILY

But despite the careful planning, Mother Nature still called the shots when it came to the weather.

There was a slight drizzle when the festivities started with a Buddhist ceremony with prayers and chants by monks.

Still, according to the custom in Bhutan, rain is seen as a blessing from the heavens, reported Hong Kong newspapers.

Carina was clad in a red traditional Bhutanese costume and Tony was in a white suit.

After the ceremony, Carina slipped into a conventional white wedding gown for the cake-cutting ceremony.

Director Wong Kar Wai, who has worked with both film stars, gave a speech. He also reportedly prepared a special film clip commemorating their love story which spans two decades.

Tony's mum was visibly moved by the celebrations.

She was seen wiping away tears when her newly-minted daughter-in-law served her tea.

The couple's star-studded guests included songbird Faye Wong, whose daughter served as a flower girl during the wedding.

The ceremony was followed by cocktails and a dinner party.

While media was denied entry, Apple Daily reported that there were several altercations between the paparazzi and security.

Source: The Electric New Paper
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/story/0,4136,171472,00.html

Use magic Report

Post time 28-7-2008 11:58 AM | Show all posts
July 27, 2008

Tony Leung, Carina Lau Back to Hong Kong

Tony Leung and Carina Lau, arm in arm, walk out of the airport in Hong Kong on Friday, July 25, 2008. [Photo: sina.com.cn]

Hong Kong heartthrob Tony Leung and his oven-fresh bride Carina Lau returned to Hong Kong on Friday.

The couple went to India immediately after their star-studded wedding in Bhutan in order to get benediction from the dignitary there.

When asked about the ceremony, Carina Lau answered with a sweet face:" I was touched by every detail of the wedding. It was an unforgettable experience."

http://english.cri.cn/3086/2008/07/27/1042s386060.htm

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-12-2008 08:01 PM | Show all posts
kalo pasai drama cine leh nanye kat sinie kew?

Use magic Report

Post time 22-10-2009 12:57 PM | Show all posts
huh~~dh lme gler x amek taw sal chinese entertainment sjk frust ngn lee hom, hehehe....

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2009 09:41 AM | Show all posts
aku pung dh lama x amik tau pasal diaorg ni sejak aku frust dgn Leon Lai... sampai dia dh kawen pun aku x sedar! uhukss...

Use magic Report

Post time 17-5-2010 10:29 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by saaya at 17-5-2010 10:31

Nicholas Tse & Cecilia Cheung's second son Quintus photos revealed
Source: Mani Fok's Weibo, Oriental Daily, Tom.com
Translated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net/forums/

Nicholas Tse finally decided to name his second son Quintus which means'May' in the Roman language. The '2010' written on Quintus or "May Boy"white T-shirt was personally picked out by grandma Deborah Lai. Hisround eyes, big ears, "Tse Family nose" coupled with 'pecking' littlelips makes him resemble grandfather Patrick Tse greatly.

Yesterday Deborah accepted an interview and extremely agreed that hergrandson looks like Patrick: "Doesn't he look like Patrick! (Baby'sears are so big!) Yes, he has my big attached earlobe ears, has verygood fortune. (When will the first month be celebrated?) So busy. Rightnow, my phone rings every minute. Wait until the newborn getsdischarged from hospital first then we'll discuss. (Do you know whatQuintus means?) Nope, but I agreed to it too. The first English letter'Q' means so cute."

Yesterday the two photos distributed to the media consists of 1 photoof just 'May boy' and another one where he's lying next to his sleepingolder brother Lucas. The two brothers sleeping next to each other, soheartwarming. When asked why didn't they send out a family photo?Deborah said: "That's enough. Family photos aren't the trend nowadays,two photos is enough."

Nic feels Quintus looks like him
[TOM.com] Nic accepted an interview and expressed he's very happy to beable to see his son born. He thanks his wife Cecilia Cheung for givingbirth to another baby, he felt that for the meantime Quintus resembleshim, but he's still a newborn after all, have to wait until later tosee who he looks like more. Quintus is bigger than Lucas though, heexpressed that he was choosing several different English and Chinesenames for Quintus and got him a headache because he couldn't decide.Nic chose the baby's name primarily based on his personality, which hehad to observe for several days.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-11-2010 03:23 PM | Show all posts
biler ekkk concert Jay Chau kat Malaysia????

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 3-11-2010 03:42 PM | Show all posts
biler ekkk concert Jay Chau kat Malaysia????
Trunkk_ZZ Post at 3-11-2010 15:23

apa2 klu nak tau latest news psl Jay Chau...
sila msk terus ke thread yg dikhaskan utk jay chau...

Use magic Report

Post time 27-8-2014 12:55 PM | Show all posts
dah takde update ke?
lama bersawang ni

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2019 06:57 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Hi. Mana nak cari board untuk Chinese (Mainland) drama di Cari?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-5-2019 11:26 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
lwyl replied at 14-5-2019 06:57 PM
Hi. Mana nak cari board untuk Chinese (Mainland) drama di Cari?

Anyone watching dramas from China?

Use magic Report

Post time 11-11-2019 09:53 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Tak tahu thread mana nak recommend Chinese Mainland drama. Saya tulis di sini sahaja.

Tengah layan drama yang sangat sweet bertajuk ‘A little thing called first love’ lakonan Lai Kuan Lin dan Angel Zhao.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-11-2019 09:50 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Xia Miao Miao, kenapa awak confess dulu? Tak guna punya Liang You Nian. Awak tu lelaki, suka Miao Miao tapi tak berani nak confess.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-11-2019 09:44 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Miao Miao nak bercinta secara rahsia. Bila junior nak masuk line terus You Nian mark territory dia. Sweet sangat.

You Nian seorang lelaki yang cool, tak ada minat terhadap perempuan tapi bila berdepan dengan Miao Miao yang shy dan timid protective instinct dia keluar.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 08:43 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.313473 second(s), 42 queries .