CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 14788|Reply: 86

What's good about your religion?

[Copy link]
Post time 29-6-2006 11:12 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm sure a lot of you have something bad to expose about someone else's religion. That's fine, this is the place for it, provided it's done gracefully. But that's not the only reason why we have this board. Let's see the description of this board.

A discussion forum for people from many different religious traditions and from none, to share their thoughts, ideas, beliefs, practices and customs with each other in open discussion and debate.

So ideally, this board should also be a place where you share something about your own religion. Of course I admit that within any thread, there are signs of that. But usually it's starts off with an attack on your religion for you to defend it. Perfectly fine.

But how about besides that, you share something good about your religion without having to be provoked? And you don't necessarily have to condemn other religions to prove your point. If your religion is really good it should be good even if it's the only religion on earth. I know some may say that we already have dedicated boards for specific religions for that. But many times in those boards, outsiders are not really welcomed. Maybe they are better for one to learn in depth about a specific religion, but I hope this board can provide good introductions for those religions. The other thing is, there are only 4 boards for 4 different religions here, while there are countless religions/spiritual belief here on earth.

So, anyone?

[ Last edited by  BeanDiesel at 30-6-2006 07:34 PM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-6-2006 11:41 AM | Show all posts
What for do we need to promote our religion?

If a Hindu lives according to Hindusm-way of life, he or she will know what good about it. He don't need to blabber about it to anyone. :no:

Same goes for Buddhist and Jews. :ah:

Only one who needs to show and promote anything are those who want to show their so-called "beautiful religion" and hope it will sheild their own stupidity in real life. Like what Barney said, it is an Escapism.

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 29-6-2006 11:44 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 29-6-2006 11:41 AM
What for do we need to promote our religion?

If a Hindu lives according to Hindusm-way of life, he or she will know what good about it. He don't need to blabber about it to anyone. :no:

Same ...

The way you behave and the words you utter in this forum, in hatred of Islam and Christianity doesn't promote anything about hinduism - just the negative

Use magic Report

Post time 29-6-2006 11:55 AM | Show all posts
by KENNKID   

The way you behave and the words you utter in this forum, in hatred of Islam and Christianity doesn't promote anything about hinduism - just the negative

There is NO Negative or Positive, that just nonsense which people like you cooked up. ;)

What I tell IS TRUTH. IF I said ANYTHING FALSE, others CAN counter it and show facts. So far, Muslims cannot do that, therefore, it shows that I have said everything which is Truthful.

WHY should I hide FACTS just to kiss up to your idiotic religion? At same time your religious followers bribe the poor, steal from the needy, demolish our temples, steal our lands and condemn our beliefs in our faces or behind our backs? :agr:

There IS Devils in this World, and in my opinion, they are Christians AND Muslims. The World will be peaceful ONLY when this two devils PERISH - Men, Women AND Children.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-6-2006 11:57 AM | Show all posts
What I meant by "promote" is not necessarily "attempt to convert". You may do so just to let others understand your tradition better. It is knowledge, it should be beneficial in some ways. I remember one time barney50 introduced the concept of Karma here. And that accompanying some stuff I learnt in class did help me with my exam, at least.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-6-2006 12:07 PM | Show all posts
by BeanDiesel   

What I meant by "promote" is not necessarily "attempt to convert". You may do so just to let others understand your tradition better. It is knowledge, it should be beneficial in some ways.

If you want to learn about Hindusm AND Buddhism (As Gautama Buddha is a Hindus also and I don't recognise Ariyamusafir as a Buddhist), GO to HINDUSM column. Thank you.

I remember one time barney50 introduced the concept of Karma here. And that accompanying some stuff I learnt in class did help me with my exam, at least.

He wasn't introducing anything, he was trying to beat some sense into you jokers. ;)

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 29-6-2006 12:11 PM | Show all posts
For example :

1. What is good for god to create man, then god create a concept of sin, than plan for man to whack him so that the sin is left only as a concept ?

2. What good is for god to be depicted in many sculptures, or what good is assuming a semi naked woman is a god ?

Use magic Report

Post time 29-6-2006 03:10 PM | Show all posts
  1. questioned by oreng:

2. For example :

3. 1. What is good for god to create man, then god create a concept of sin, than plan for man to whack him so that the sin is left only as a concept ?

4. 2. What good is for god to be depicted in many sculptures, or what good is assuming a semi naked woman is a god ?
Copy the Code

There is no semi nakedness or fully naked woman in our relgion as GOD bt may be you have imagned it to be so. The sculptures that you see in our temples are many in and around the temples but what has that got to do with our bakthi [devotion] which Malays would commonly use "berbakti kepada negara" which word is borrowed from Tamil.

Let us just say your father died before you were born and when you were growig up your mother had told you how good a man your father was.  She had told you he was a devoted and carring husband and father to a yet to be born child.   He would buy good food for mamma so that the baby[you] would be strong while in the womb. He dreamt of giving you the best education and would love you very much. Now after hearing all these good things were not eager to know how your father looked like? Would you not like to know the man who you think was your father? Please answer my question sincerely. Or do you imagine a face and think of his as your father? Please answer.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-6-2006 03:53 PM | Show all posts
It did not happen to me, but what about replacing the father in your example with Hang Tuah. This great legend is surely greater than my father. I do not have the opportunity to see him. But I do not longing to see his face until I request other people to sculpt a figure for me. I dont have to. I dont feel a need to. Because whatever sculpture to be done, it would not reflect him exactly. If there is, it is a false and a lie. I dont want to live in a lying state.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-6-2006 04:11 PM | Show all posts

nutshell

is when we start to compare and contrast religions,

many feel offended one way or another,

and the start of personal attack or belittling.

sad why have so many version when there is only ONE God and one faith.

who started the earth first, He is the KING of all.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-6-2006 04:45 PM | Show all posts
I CAN SEE THAT MOST OF FORUMER HERE CAN'T ACCEPT OTHER IDEA, BELIEVE..
if u don;t agree.. its okay.. but try not to be OVER REACTING in giving ur posting....  the more the posting the more that guy/gal show their own stupidity..
i don't realize that malaysian also got a very LOW STANDARD mind towards other religion... especially the person who don;t use their brain n very prejudice...

successful people talks about ideas
average people talks about thing
LOOSER keep on talking/judge/prejudice about people

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 29-6-2006 05:22 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 29-6-2006 04:11 PM
is when we start to compare and contrast religions,

many feel offended one way or another,

and the start of personal attack or belittling.

sad why have so many version when there is on ...

that's only you..
if everybody talk with dignity and respect, nobody will offended..

Use magic Report

Post time 29-6-2006 05:42 PM | Show all posts

Christ's love...

[size=-1]i'm not attempting to promote religion.. but since BeanDiesel asked for it.. so i'm just gonna talk a lil bit about the One who loves me.. maybe try to explain Christ a lil bit, so that you can understand why Christians so defensive about Him. But don't worry.. im not comparing religion with religion. i'm just going to talk about the One i love..   

You know.. As i read the title of this thread.. only one word comes to my mind - Christ.  I did try to think if there's any other good things of being a Christian... but nope. It's just my Lord Jesus Christ... nothing else. He's the only good thing in my life as a Christian, but at the same time, He is also Everything.  Whatever goodness in Christianity - it all boils down to Christ.(well.. that may not be much to you,.. but it is to me)... and just having Him, i don't need anything else.

A lot of people say, Christianity is like, having for your sins forgiven for nothing... just simply believe. Well, that is partly true - i do not need to work my going to heaven on my own... simply because God promised me that i'm going to heaven. That's one thing good about it. But that is not all about a Christian life either. You don't get forgiven, and continue live the rest of your lives in sin. (This is not the way.) That faith has to be real - so real that, if i continue to live in sin, i would feel unworthy of His love. Yet.. at the same time, whenever i fall short and i do sin, i know that, instead of condemning myself and losing heart., i confess my sins, and He picks me up from there... and whenever i feel that i can't make it on my own.. i ask Him to help me. Lord, help me not to sin again..

So Christ is like everything to me. My Lord Jesus Christ, who not only came down to die for my sins so that i can go to heaven,  but also loves me, teaches me, and helps me, each step of my Christian life. It is like.. having God as a personal Father, teacher, friend, my help, my strength, my comfort, my shelter, defender, protector, provider, Savior and Lord.... etc, i guess... it's just wonderful to have Someone who loves me unconditionally..whom i walk with, and can talk to.. every moment of life.   Someone that i cast all my cares upon.. trusting that He will take care of them for me. He's someone that i depend on for everything - for my sins to be forgiven, to help me not to sin again, Someone who will bring me to heaven one day... Someone who teaches me His Word..  who leads and guides me each step of my way... corrects my wrongs, and help me become a better person.. He's Someone whom i thank and praise.. whether i'm happy or sad, there are always reasons to praise Him. Even when things are not going well.. i do thank Him for just being here with me. When i'm down, when i need Someone to cry to, He's the One that i go to,  and cry in my prayers... and He comforts me, and He lifts me up and i find strength in Him.When i fall or falter, He picks me up..  When i'm sad or afraid, just the realization of Him being here with me helps... when i don't know what to do.. and i need advice,. He's the one i turn to..  (and yeah, sometimes i don't see His point, i argue with Him too.. only sulk and pout, when He doesn't allow things to happen my way..  yet, He is ever patient with me and helps me to realise that He knows best..) That's who Christ is to me. It's like having God as a personal friend, or a Father who is always here with you, you know? (i'm beginning to sound like i'm describing a loving Father or husband.. but yeah.. that's what Christ is like to me.. or maybe even more than that) And the best thing is that, i can go to Him anytime i want.. i can give thanks and praise and sing, or cry to Him anytime and anywhere i need to.. whether at home, in the car, in the office, in the bathroom.. anywhere.. and anytime.
(even as i post this.. i'm going like.. Lord, give me the courage to post.. i know i'm gonna be criticized and ridiculed.. yet Lord.. i need to do this cos You mean so much to me. well.. i told you.. i go to Him for every little thing.)  
And o yeah.. sometimes when i look at the sky and the trees and grass.. i sing praise to Him.. cos i know it is He who have created these things.

So you see.. to me, He's not just Someone who died and resurrected and now sits in heaven, and looks down to earth.. He's more than just a Savior to me. He's Someone very real in my life.. spiritually... Someone who is here for me all the time.  So that's why.. i get defensive whenever someone condemns the Name of Christ. That is who Christ is to me.. He's everything to me. In fact, i don't think i would be able to make it through life on my own, without my Lord Jesus Christ.
And because of this, because of His love to me.. i want to love Him back.. and i want to learn and obey His Word, and live my life for Him. (and before you start thinking i'm claiming that i'm special - no.. there's nothing special with me. i'm just an ordinary Christian. In fact, if you ask anyone else who truly believes  in Christ.. they would to be able to relate to this)

This how it works in Christianity. It works the other  way round, compared to most religions. In most religions.. you be a good person.. you follow all of God's commandments and/or precepts, and as a result, , and you grow stronger in your faith.. and closer to your God and to heaven. In Christianity it's the other way round. Be close to God first. We start by wanting to believe in God, we believe that He loves us.. and we put all your faith and trust in Him... and we want to love Him back...And because of this.. because of love.. we want to obey His commandments as a result... and we want to serve Him willingly. We don't need to bind ourselves to some commandments to work at our salvation. We obtain salvation first by just wanting God.. then serve Him willingly out of love. And we want walk and talk with Him.. and draw closer to Him.. That's what Christian life is all about.. living in reverence, and in a close relationship with Christ..

Okay.. so much for now.. u can tell me i'm giving you BS.. u can tell me i'm dreaming (i'm used to this comment in this forum). but seriously, this is how i live. u can laugh and criticize me all u want to.. but it doesn't change the fact of who my Lord Jesus Christ is to me, and how i live my life with Him.. in fact, i believe i'm not quite there yet.. i feel there's room for me to live closer to Him still.. and i still want to love Him more and more, get closer and closer to Him each day..

(yeah.. criticize me all you want.. i know i'm expecting criticism from a few ppl.. but i'd like to ask u: i just love my Lord Jesus Christ - what's so wrong with that?

[ Last edited by  sparrow at 30-6-2006 08:43 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 29-6-2006 09:37 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sparrow at 29-6-2006 05:42 PM
i'm not attempting to promote religion.. but since BeanDiesel asked for it.. so i'm just gonna talk a lil bit about the One who loves me.. maybe try to explain Christ a lil bit, so that you can und ...

wow, what a very long essays...
sorry if i didn't read it thoroughly...
we muslim believe that it is inappropriate to mock another religion's God or prophet..
some of our reaction in this bod are because there's some insulting words our religion, nothing else...
believe me that most (if not all..) of muslim post here is in defensive stance, to defend our religion..
not to be offensive such as attacking other religion... etc...
thanks...

Use magic Report

Post time 29-6-2006 10:21 PM | Show all posts

a long way for you

Originally posted by juwaini at 29-6-2006 05:22 PM

that's only you..

that's only you..

Think and write clearly.

Religions as diverse as we have today cannot be what you think should be.

juvenile the long way to work out your thoughts.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-6-2006 10:23 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by juwaini at 29-6-2006 09:37 PM

wow, what a very long essays...
sorry if i didn't read it thoroughly...
we muslim believe that it is inappropriate to mock another religion's God or prophet..
some of our reaction in this bo ...

not to be offensive such as attacking other religion... etc...

From my few years here, all muslims are offensive to the bone.

they may say one thing and do another - that other is always offensive.

they start it and end it well with JIHAD.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 30-6-2006 12:03 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sparrow at 6/29/06 01:42 AM
i'm not attempting to promote religion.. but since BeanDiesel asked for it.. so i'm just gonna talk a lil bit about the One who loves me.. maybe try to explain Christ a lil bit, so that you can und ...

That's awesome. I'd love to see more of these. Again, I'm not saying that comparing religion is bad, but this kind of post should provide some balance. In fact, that's the tagline of this board.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-6-2006 12:05 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 29-6-2006 10:21 PM

that's only you..

Think and write clearly.

Religions as diverse as we have today cannot be what you think sho ...

another personal attack from a loser
stop making urself look like a clown...

Use magic Report

Post time 30-6-2006 06:37 AM | Show all posts

clown is another binatang???

Originally posted by juwaini at 30-6-2006 12:05 AM

another personal attack from a loser
stop making urself look like a clown...

who can be a clown introduced by Juwaini?

another binatang into CARI with a tail - a long one as that?

losers always do that as offensive at they are.  many of that in CARI and elsewhere.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-6-2006 08:10 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 30-6-2006 06:37 AM

who can be a clown introduced by Juwaini?

another binatang into CARI with a tail - a long one as that?

losers always do that as offensive at they are.  many of that in CARI and el ...

uncivilized statement from a dirty soul...
ask ur god for true path...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

9-5-2024 01:45 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.084040 second(s), 47 queries .