View: 33959|Reply: 348

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT MUHAMMAD (PEACE BE UPON HIM) THE PROPHET OF ISLAM

[Copy link]
SilentKiller This user has been deleted
Post time 15-8-2006 04:44 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Deuteronomy 18:18.  "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren,
                                    like unto thee,
                                    and I will put my words in his mouth;
                                    and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

davidchemic This user has been deleted
Post time 15-8-2006 06:25 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SilentKiller at 15-8-2006 04:44 PM
                                    like unto thee,
                                    and I will put my wor ...

Neh, it's Monkey God Sun Wu Kong. Raised from his ape brethren.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-8-2006 07:51 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by davidchemic at 15-8-2006 06:25 PM

Neh, it's Monkey God Sun Wu Kong. Raised from his ape brethren.

What u mean ?

Use magic Report

weedkiller This user has been deleted
Post time 15-8-2006 07:59 PM | Show all posts
i lol-ed so hard, i fell down from my chair.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-8-2006 12:23 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SilentKiller at 15-8-2006 04:44 PM
                                    like unto thee,
                                    and I will put my wor ...

it not related to muhammad but Jesus. bretheren like Jews but muhammad not jews

Use magic Report

Post time 16-8-2006 12:31 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 16-8-2006 12:23 AM

it not related to muhammad but Jesus. bretheren like Jews but muhammad not jews

i quote the thread starter,just incase:

like unto thee,
                                    and I will put my words in his mouth;
                                    and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

so,truth 8,you say this refers to Jesus?
so you agree,then,that Jesus was a prophet,and not the son of god?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
bob This user has been deleted
Post time 16-8-2006 12:38 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Mgsrulz at 16-8-2006 12:31 AM

yang ni yang akok sayang nih..

Use magic Report

Post time 16-8-2006 12:57 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Mgsrulz at 16-8-2006 12:31 AM

:setuju:

God = son of God = Prophet = Jesus

wahh...semua dia borong ? :

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

weedkiller This user has been deleted
Post time 16-8-2006 01:41 AM | Show all posts
I will raise up a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites. I will tell that prophet what to say, and he will tell the people everything I command him. 19I will personally deal with anyone who will not listen to the messages the prophet proclaims on my behalf. 20But any prophet who claims to give a message from another god or who falsely claims to speak for me must die.' 21You may wonder, `How will we know whether the prophecy is from the LORD or not?' 22If the prophet predicts something in the LORD's name and it does not happen, the LORD did not give the message. That prophet has spoken on his own and need not be feared.

Deutronomy 18:18-22. I'm not a christian, but i believe you guys should read the whole passage before commenting. The verse did not mention who the prophet is, instead it was focused on the topic of true and false prophets.

and i'm still laughing my butt off. :D

Use magic Report

Post time 16-8-2006 10:54 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by weedkiller at 16-8-2006 01:41 AM
I will raise up a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites. I will tell that prophet what to say, and he will tell the people everything I command him. 19I will personally deal with anyo ...

If the prophet is Jesus, then who is the false prophet? If it is Mohammad, also who is the false prophet?
Let me give you complete story. You are all wrong. True prophet is Sun Wu Kong. False prophets are Zhu Ba Jie and Sha Wu Jing.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-8-2006 10:55 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by weedkiller at 16-8-2006 01:41 AM
I will raise up a prophet like you from among their fellow Israelites. I will tell that prophet what to say, and he will tell the people everything I command him. 19I will personally deal with anyo ...

So who does that verse point to? Which prophet? Mind tell me ?

Use magic Report

Post time 16-8-2006 10:56 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SilentKiller at 16-8-2006 10:55 AM

So who does that verse point to? Which prophet? Mind tell me ?

Sun Wu Kong!

Use magic Report

Post time 16-8-2006 11:28 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by weedkiller at 15-8-2006 07:59 PM
i lol-ed so hard, i fell down from my chair.

LOL.. i'm going to fall off my chair too.. it's just... too hilarious..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-8-2006 11:41 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by davidchemic at 16-8-2006 11:28 AM

LOL.. i'm going to fall off my chair too.. it's just... too hilarious..

Any problem with you ? :hmm:

Use magic Report

Post time 16-8-2006 11:48 AM | Show all posts
Hai, the verse just say, prophet. It doesnt say what name. i believe to different people it can mean different prophet. i believe for everyone there is a prophet  sent for them. For you it is Mohammad. for Christians it is Jesus. for some Buddhists it is Buddha, for Chinese it may be some other deity. (eg for me, i believe monkey god).
End of it, everyone also have a prophet that they can believe in.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-8-2006 11:50 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by davidchemic at 16-8-2006 11:48 AM
Hai, the verse just say, prophet. It doesnt say what name. i believe to different people it can mean different prophet. i believe for everyone there is a prophet  sent for them. For you it is Moham ...

If you dont know anything, then just shut up!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 16-8-2006 11:56 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by SilentKiller at 16-8-2006 11:50 AM

If you dont know anything, then just shut up!

Universalist is a religion

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-8-2006 12:45 PM | Show all posts
Any Cristhians here can explain who is the prophet that verse refers to ?

Use magic Report

Post time 16-8-2006 01:18 PM | Show all posts
When I say Jesus is Prophet because it one of the title he has. He knows King of Kings , Lord of Lord , Mesiah, Son Of God and many more.

Muslims cite many references in both Old and New Testaments to prove that Mohammed was prophesied in the Bible. However, a close examination of these references shows that they don't fit Mohammed. These are references that usually point either to Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Here are the most quoted examples:

In the Old Testament: " The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken. I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." (Deuteronomy 18:15 & 18)

This can't possibly refer to Mohammed. Mohammed is the descendant of Ishmael, and the Jews never looked at the descendants of Ishmael as "brothers." On the other hand Jesus fits the description "like unto Moses." Jesus was a Hebrew, as was Moses, while Mohamed was not. Jesus performed signs and wonders, as did Moses, and Mohamed did not. Peter, in the New Testament, left no doubt about the fact that this prophecy applies to Jesus. (See Acts 3:20-26)

In the New Testament: " But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me. "(John 16:26).

Muslims say that the Greek word which was translated "the comforter", actually means " the praised one" or "Mahmoud" in Arabic, in reference to Mohammed. It is true that there is a word, similar in pronunciation, which means "the praised one," however the word used in the Gospels is different and is accurately translated to "the Comforter." This, no doubt, refers to the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is a spirit, while Mohammed was flesh. The Holy Spirit was sent to the disciples, but Mohammed came in 6 centuries after the death of the disciples. The Holy Spirit was said that he would "dwell" with the disciples (John14: 17). On the other hand Mohammed never saw the disciples. It was said that the world would "not see" the Holy Spirit, but people saw Mohammed.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-8-2006 01:58 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 16-8-2006 01:18 PM
When I say Jesus is Prophet because it one of the title he has. He knows King of Kings , Lord of Lord , Mesiah, Son Of God and many more.

Muslims cite many references in both Old and New Testa ...

"I WILL RAISE THEM UP A PROPHET FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN LIKE UNTO THEE......." The emphasis is on the words- "From among their brethren." Moses and his people, the Jews, are here addressed as a racial entity, and as such their 'brethren' would undoubtedly be the Arabs. You see, the Holy Bible speaks of Abraham as the "Friend of God". Abraham had two wives - Sarah and Hagar. Hagar bore Abraham a son - HIS FIRST-BORN- '......And Abraham1 called HIS SON'S name, which Hagar bare Ishmael.' (Genesis 16:15). 'And Abraham took Ishmael HIS SON......" (Genesis 17:23). 'And Ishmael HIS SON was thirteen years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.'(Genesis 17:25). Up to the age of THIRTEEN Ishmael was the ONLY son and seed of Abraham, when the covenant was ratified between God and Abraham. God grants Abraham another son through Sarah, named Isaac, who was very much the junior to his brother Ishmael.

If Ishmael and Isaac are the sons of the same father Abraham, then they are brothers. And so the children of the one are the BRETHREN of the children of the other. The children of Isaac are the Jews and the Children of Ishmael are the Arabs - so they are BRETHREN to one another. The Bible affirms, 'AND HE (ISHMAEL) SHALL DWELL IN THE PRESENCE OF ALL HIS BRETHREN.' (Genesis 16:12). 'AND HE (ISHMAEL) DIED IN THE PRESENCE OF ALL HIS BRETHREN.(Genesis 25:18). The children of Isaac are the brethren of the Ishmaelites. In like manner Muhummed is from among the brethren of the Israelites because he was a descendant of Ishmael the son of Abraham. This exactly as the prophecy has it- 'FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN'.(Deut.18:18). There the prophecy distinctly mentions that the coming prophet who would be like Moses, must arise NOT from the 'children of Israel' or from 'among themselves', but from among their brethren. MUHUMMED THEREFORE WAS FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

9-5-2024 11:09 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.082091 second(s), 46 queries .