Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: serbu

What so Great about Singapore???

Close [Copy link]
Lau111 This user has been deleted
Post time 13-9-2006 02:24 PM | Show all posts

Reply #20 CintaMalaysia's post

Yes, I agree. But you are looking for better governance, it comes and go depends on people. I am looking for equality policy, which is something you do not want. And it can be forever to me. US is quite good governance (maybe), but where is the red indian now ?? Inside the movie.

[ Last edited by  Lau111 at 13-9-2006 02:25 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 13-9-2006 03:08 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Lau111 at 13-9-2006 02:24 PM
Yes, I agree. But you are looking for better governance, it comes and go depends on people. I am looking for equality policy, which is something you do not want. And it can be forever to me. US is  ...

Equality policy and discrimination is a very vague term and can be used at any time. even with ur sibling or ur kids. In my opinion creating equality policy is very hard to get --- but it is easier to reach -- making discrimination less effective ..

Use magic Report

Lau111 This user has been deleted
Post time 13-9-2006 03:41 PM | Show all posts

Reply #22 serbu's post

Support this view. 1 US friend of my told me and a English friend last 1 ~ 2 months when we meet: when British was all over the world they do what ever they like. And do we think that US now will listen to some mosquitoes ?? (He is pointing out facts rather than insulting us) I guess when everybody is in charge, everybody is the same.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-9-2006 06:03 PM | Show all posts
Name me any party here which stick to equality policy?? None... All MALAYSIAN need is a party with equality policy to match the multi races and multi culture environment!!!

Use magic Report

Post time 14-9-2006 10:03 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Lau111 at 13-9-2006 02:24 PM
Yes, I agree. But you are looking for better governance, it comes and go depends on people. I am looking for equality policy, which is something you do not want. And it can be forever to me. US is  ...

i am chinese, of course i want equality to all races in malaysia. That's for sure.
However, just be objective, is this world fair?
This world is never fair. If we continue to live in our ideal fantasy, nothing will happen.
We of course should always fight for equality, but the fact remains that politics is about majority. In malaysia, malays are the majority, they have more influence.
So, it's clear taht the policy will anyhow siding towards them.
HOWEVER, we must make sure our rights and benefits are not depleted. We must fight that while remaining their malays special privilege, other races should have the equal chances to fight.
anyway, i admit if you say i am contradicting myself. coz this is a hard balance and equality is a really vague definition..
even such a smart guy like lee kuan yew who fought for "malaysia for malaysian" also had to give up equal rights to all singaporeans, and give special privilege to malays under their aborigin rights constitution.
politics is like that - never fair. Furthermore we are in a multi-racial country.

[ Last edited by  CintaMalaysia at 14-9-2006 10:06 AM ]

Use magic Report

sohow? This user has been deleted
Post time 14-9-2006 11:00 AM | Show all posts
CM...my view is like this...

If there is a man with 2 legs, no injury...and standing still...gov should give incentive/priviledge for him to walk...when he starts to walk...incentive/priviledge should be given for him to run...and maybe standby the first aid kit in case he falls....

The case with our gov is, he is ok with his legs, but provide tongkat...when he get used to the tongkat, prepare the wheel chair....this is not the purpose of priviledge...gov ruins them with this.

Both also giving priviledge...but priviledge should use to encourage/help them to stand on their own...not simply feed them with priviledge.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 14-9-2006 11:06 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sohow? at 14-9-2006 11:00 AM

If there is a man with 2 legs, no injury...and standing still...gov should give incentive/priviledge for him to walk...when he starts to walk...incentive/priviledge  ...

This is my view of ur analogy ...
If there is a man with 2 legs, no injury...and standing still...gov should give incentive/priviledge for him to walk ...

That man won't use that coz he does not need that, eventhough u ask them to hold to that incentives ....

U got the point? -- or u still did not get it?

Use magic Report

Post time 14-9-2006 11:30 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by serbu at 14-9-2006 11:06 AM

If there is a man with 2 legs, no injury...and standing still...gov should give incentive/priviledge for him to walk ...

That man won't use that coz he does not need that, eventhough u ask them to hold to that incentives ....

U got the point? -- or u still did not get it?

Do you mean that we as a capable people does not need any incentive/priviledge?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-9-2006 11:39 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KLKnight at 14-9-2006 11:30 AM

Do you mean that we as a capable people does not need any incentive/priviledge?

Any incentives or what --- if not needed u give also they just ignore.  

But if the person who raise other people incentives but forget what incentives they are having now is  ..........insincere :ting:

Use magic Report

Post time 14-9-2006 12:20 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sohow? at 14-9-2006 11:00 AM

If there is a man with 2 legs, no injury...and standing still...gov should give incentive/priviledge for him to walk...when he starts to walk...incentive/priviledge  ...

therefore i say this is a hard balance..
according to common sense, helps and privilege can be given to aborigin, but to a particular extent with certain policy..
for eg...
1. those aborigin household income < 1000 ... gov subsidy incentive aaaaxxx
2. those aborigin have xx no. of sons .. gov subsidy xx son to schools..

however, what happen in malaysia is that..
1. poor malay and chinese and indians household income <1000... increase bus fare, increase fuel price, increase electricity.. increase water price
2. rich malay like KHAIRY and SCOMI income > 10000000000..... give big house free, give mercedez free, give confisticated car free... corrupt money 1000x0xxx00xx...

and worse is...
1. human nature-- greed
    you give him rice, he want meat
   you give him meat, he want "grilled salmon"..
   give him house, he want mansion..

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 14-9-2006 12:21 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by serbu at 14-9-2006 11:06 AM

That man won't use that coz he doe ...

if things are so fair, people are so right-minded, maalysia already among the top of the top of the world liao loh..
but amenoo malays + human nature and greed.. you give them 100.. they want 100x10000000

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-9-2006 03:56 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by CintaMalaysia at 14-9-2006 12:21 PM

if things are so fair, people are so right-minded, maalysia already among the top of the top of the world liao loh..
but amenoo malays + human nature and greed.. you give them 100.. they want  ...

UMNO Malay only ahhh ....Chinese MCA also the same lorrr ....

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2006 12:27 PM | Show all posts
singapura mmg baguih dalam mengkritik negara lain. Tapi negara depa sendiri ada masalah tersebut. maka adalah oghnag bertepuk tangan . jaguhku Sungapura . hu huuuu

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2006 03:24 PM | Show all posts
Anak didik Israel! Biasa lah tu. Aku ada tengok map singapore, ada banyak tempat beribadat org yahudi,lambang bintang tu kat singapore.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2006 03:29 PM | Show all posts
Datuk aku dulu asal singapura (masa still dalalm malaya), nasib baiklah aku warganegara Malaysia. Kalau tak, merempatlah aku meminta2 air. Air! Air!

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2006 03:30 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sedondon at 4-10-2006 03:29 PM
Datuk aku dulu asal singapura (masa still dalalm malaya), nasib baiklah aku warganegara Malaysia. Kalau tak, merempatlah aku meminta2 air. Air! Air!

nasib baik hang . kalau tak minumlah newater. air bersih dari air buangan sendiri termasuklah air kencing sendiri . hu huuuuu

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-10-2006 03:49 PM | Show all posts
Newater? eeee:geram:   yaks!!

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2006 11:20 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by sohow? at 9/11/06 20:09
Not transparent = corruption!  

Average citizen has also become an addict/victim of corruption. The common man has no option in the ongoing scenario, but to flow in the corrupt society. They have to do it to survive. Only honest leadership can turn around the situation.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2006 11:48 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by DARSITA at 4-10-2006 11:20 PM

Average citizen has also become an addict/victim of corruption. The common man has no option in the ongoing scenario, but to flow in the corrupt society. They have to do it to survive. Only hon ...

Do we need to support non-transparent policy government? Every issue are so called "solved under proper close door discussion - BN spirit". I think it's a worst idea.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-10-2006 11:49 PM | Show all posts
Economically we are not stable due to an immature decision taken by our policy makers to match with Singapore. The majority of people in Malaysia cannot compete in foreign markets due to inadequate knowledge of English and business.Singapore have covered a lot of ground in international markets due to their excellent foreign policy and non-offensive attitude. The reason why Singapore are so much better off than our country is because they know what they are doing and what they want to achieve i.e. they have an ideology.

I don't want to offend  anyone here ... I really would like to disagree with myself and hope you guys will give me a better argument to do so.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic
Dividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
AbahmungDividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
Views : 1718 Replies : 0
Emma Maembong mohon maaf, tersilap langkah 'voice note' Ruhainies isu Bella Astillah
YgBenarEmma Maembong mohon maaf, tersilap langk
Views : 7791 Replies : 115
Tragedi Helikopter Terhempas Diketawakan Warga Singapura
beggTragedi Helikopter Terhempas Diketawakan
Views : 17796 Replies : 113
Hanya cakap "apa khabar" sudah dapat kerja...  pempengaruh Imran Bard kata kita terlalu mengagung orang luar seperti Korea berbanding layanan mereka terhadap orang kita.Anda setuju?
YgBenarHanya cakap "apa khabar" sudah dapat ker
Views : 8980 Replies : 62
Mari Tepek Gif Picture V.7
tariMari Tepek Gif Picture V.7
Views : 54968 Replies : 2755
Belum masanya Malaysia laksana aturan waktu kerja fleksibel
ultra78Belum masanya Malaysia laksana aturan wa
Views : 6359 Replies : 25
Restoran Kantan Datin Isma
AngelFreakyAFRestoran Kantan Datin Isma
Views : 18022 Replies : 90
Elia Jejari Runcing
friedfishsoupElia Jejari Runcing
Views : 86188 Replies : 307
Lelaki 45 tahun ada lebih RM1 juta KWSP cetus inspirasi
ultra78Lelaki 45 tahun ada lebih RM1 juta KWSP
Views : 21722 Replies : 166
FATTAH FAZURA FATIMA bergandingan dalam drama HERO SEORANG CINDERELLA 2.0
FORUMCARIIIFATTAH FAZURA FATIMA bergandingan dalam
Views : 281866 Replies : 9530

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 03:49 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.067052 second(s), 46 queries .