Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: hERICtic_algon

JESUS VS PAUL # where to pray?

[Copy link]
Post time 22-10-2006 09:50 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by samerosie at 22-10-2006 12:40 PM

So then why should the church rings the bell to invite church goers into the church and tell them it's time to pray?

Only very old churches have bells.
The are sounded not for prayers but for events such as celebrations and served as a clock for rural communities.
Church nowadays don't have bells, unlike islam where all new mosques have loudspeakesr facing outside.

why should non Christians or Christians who don't like to pray have to hear the bells ringing at all?

They are not for prayer calls.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 27-10-2006 08:29 AM | Show all posts
Not true. If you read the entire Matthew 5, 6 and &, you will realised that Jesus was speaking in metaphors throughout. I don't see what is the point of you attacking the use of metaphors when no one ever took it literal. Ahahahahahaha

So Jesus was speaking in metaphors that were not to be taken literally so when Jesus told those disciples that they must forsake all to be His disciple... and they gave up their houses, families, jobs, and followed him for three years... it wasn't necessary.. Jesus never meant it to be taken literally?  Yet Jesus didn't say to them, when they ask him about what they had given up... "oh dudes, you've made a mistake.. (laughter rolling from his lips) I never meant that to be taken literally.... it was only a metaphor"... (more laughter from Jesus) .... "it wasn't to be taken literally"!  If Jesus didn't mean for those things to be taken literally, then why did Jesus not make that clear to the disciples and tell them that before they gave us all they had, to walk with him and be taught by him, and went out doing what He supposedly told them to do literally... .if it was all just metaphoric?

Christians will never have a clue as to whether it's to metaphoric or literal because most of them don't believe enough in what it teaches to follow it.  They take the name which is not "metaphoric" now is it?  They take a literal name, and surely don't say, "oh, that's my metaphoric name, and the metaphoric religion that I support"... and I can assure you that most Christians will not agree that heaven is "metaphoric" or that hell is "metaphoric"... or that Jesus himself and God are "metaphoric"... and yet they are also the ones that for the most part, make excuses for not following Jesus' teachings literally, hoping to get those literal rewards, in that literal heaven that they are getting all this "metaphoric" knowledge about!  

Use magic Report

Post time 27-10-2006 09:19 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by hERICtic_algon at 27-10-2006 08:29 AM
So Jesus was speaking in metaphors that were not to be taken literally so when Jesus told those disciples that they must forsake all to be His disciple... and they gave up their houses, families, jobs, and followed him for three years... it wasn't necessary.. Jesus never meant it to be taken literally?  Yet Jesus didn't say to them, when they ask him about what they had given up... "oh dudes, you've made a mistake.. (laughter rolling from his lips) I never meant that to be taken literally.... it was only a metaphor"... (more laughter from Jesus) .... "it wasn't to be taken literally"!  If Jesus didn't mean for those things to be taken literally, then why did Jesus not make that clear to the disciples and tell them that before they gave us all they had, to walk with him and be taught by him, and went out doing what He supposedly told them to do literally... .if it was all just metaphoric?

It was metaphorical. Its the prinicple that counts. Being metaphorical does not meant mistake. You know what is a metaphor?

Christians will never have a clue as to whether it's to metaphoric or literal because most of them don't believe enough in what it teaches to follow it.  They take the name which is not "metaphoric" now is it?  They take a literal name, and surely don't say, "oh, that's my metaphoric name, and the metaphoric religion that I support"... and I can assure you that most Christians will not agree that heaven is "metaphoric" or that hell is "metaphoric"... or that Jesus himself and God are "metaphoric"... and yet they are also the ones that for the most part, make excuses for not following Jesus' teachings literally, hoping to get those literal rewards, in that literal heaven that they are getting all this "metaphoric" knowledge about!  

Christians do know what Jesus meant. We have no problem with it, not the disciples, not us. The real problem is your understanding.
Also, I mentioned Matthew 5, 6 and 7. I did not extend it thorughout the whoile Bible did I. You see the real problem with you?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

9-5-2024 06:30 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.065027 second(s), 25 queries .