Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 7371|Reply: 7

Medicine for Balanitis?

[Copy link]
bosaoa This user has been deleted
Post time 29-11-2006 11:57 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi, I'm having balanitis i believe. I went to buy medicine at pharmacy, surprisingly they said they never heard of this, so they gave me a Trosyd (1% Tioconazole), i tried it for more than 1 week, even though it "seemed" the condition is relief, but it doesnt cure it fully. Anyone knows what's the name of the medicine so i can directly ask for the medicine?

Thank you very much.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-11-2006 12:40 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bosaoa at 29-11-2006 11:57 PM
Hi, I'm having balanitis i believe. I went to buy medicine at pharmacy, surprisingly they said they never heard of this, so they gave me a Trosyd (1% Tioconazole), i tried it for more than 1 week,  ...

...why self medicate??...pi lah jumpa dr...let him assess how bad is your infection...cos...sometimes...u may need steroid cream also to treat this infection...

...maintain good personal hygiene...wash your private area well with soap and water...tapi...jangan terover wash sangat...sebab terover washing your private area pon is one of the factors yang contribute to balanitis...yang penting..keep that area dry...kalau blom sunat...u may consider going for a circumcision...:nerd:

Use magic Report

Post time 30-11-2006 12:04 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by blackmore at 30-11-2006 12:40 AM

...why self medicate??...pi lah jumpa dr...let him assess how bad is your infection...cos...sometimes...u may need steroid cream also to treat this infection...

...maintain good personal hyg ...

Dear Moderator;

I beg to differ. "Terover wash" is  definately not the risk factor to develop Balanitis. It may cause trauma, but not infection/inflammation. It's the other way round, where poor personal hygiene predisposes to this problem.

Balanitis is the inflammation of the gland penis. If it involving the foreskin and prepuce, the term used is Balanophostitis.
Most common caused is lack of personal hygiene among uncircumcised man. The smegma and discharge around the gland penis will cause irritation,inflammation and edema (bengkak).
If the foreskin is adhered to the inflammed,edematous gland penis, it will develop Phimosis(locally called "buta" or tak boleh tarik).

Other risk factors including:
1. Diabetes Mellitus
2. Chemical irritants
3. Drug allergy
4. Patients with edematous condition, eg, patients with congestive heart failure,liver cirrhosis.

Treatment;

Depends on the causative organism, if the cultures shown fungal infestation, topical anti-fungal such as Clotrimazole is needed.
If it is caused by bacterial infection, then topical anti-bacterial agent is required, eg; Neomycin.
On top of all, some doctor would prescribed topical anti-inflammatory agents, the corticosteroid such as Bethametasone cream. Personnaly, usually I prescribed both corticosteroid and Neomycin, to be used on different occasion. Rarely I send the discharge for culture.
In the case of Phimosis, Circumsicion is done.

So, to Bosaoa, the 1% Ticonazole given by your pharmacist is an anti-fungal agent. It is meant for fungal balanitis, usually by Candida species.
Don't do this. Most Malaysian have the habit of self-diagnosis or asking professional opinion from wrong person such as from the pharmacist, the bomoh, the dukun, etc  etc..
I would suggest u to use at least topical anti-inflammatory agent such as Betnovate cream or Dermovate cream or the less one Hydrocortisone cream. At least this will helps to reduce the inflammation. For exact diagnosis whether it is associated by bacterial or fungal infection, go see your doctor.
I would also suggest u to perform circumsicion(if u have not done).

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 30-11-2006 06:15 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by RedDevils at 30-11-2006 12:04 PM

Dear Moderator;

I beg to differ. "Terover wash" is  definately not the risk factor to develop Balanitis. It may cause trauma, but not infection/inflammation. It's the other way rou ...

...many studies of balanitis do not examine the subjects' genital washing habits....however... O'Farrell et al. report that failure to wash the whole penis... including retraction of the foreskin in uncircumcised men is more common among balanitis sufferers (O'Farrell, 2005).... Birley et al. however found that excessive genital washing with soap may be a strong contributing factor to balanitis (Birley, 1993)...

...while we cannot really define excessive washing...over washing can deplete the natural oils from the mucosa of the inner lining of the foreskin that covers the glans penis...excessive washing and the use of soap generally should be avoided because it may cause balanoposthitis or yeast overgrowth....if soap is used... any residual soap should be rinsed away before the foreskin is returned to its forward protective position....:tq::tq:

Use magic Report

Post time 1-12-2006 12:03 PM | Show all posts
waaaa..akak blackie..manyak buat research ek..hehe...
well..boasoa..i think u malu ngan juper doc nih sbb tmpt sakitnyer adalah kwsan yg sensitif nih...but to think back..kalu u nak sihat nak tak nak u have to go n see the doc la...bcoz u dunno exactly itu infection sbb bacteria ke fungal ker...dun be shy..males doc nih berlambak2...

Use magic Report

Post time 1-12-2006 11:34 PM | Show all posts
tu la masalahnya kita org pompuan ni. malu nak jumpa doktor.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
bosaoa This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 2-12-2006 01:00 AM | Show all posts
Thanks for all the replies

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2019 08:16 PM | Show all posts
My forum has been designed for the humans. The alteration of the picture and best dissertation editing services is ensured for the citizens. The method of the research is inquired for the fulfillment of the goals for the students.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Category: Kesihatan

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic
Dividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
AbahmungDividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
Views : 1718 Replies : 0
Emma Maembong mohon maaf, tersilap langkah 'voice note' Ruhainies isu Bella Astillah
YgBenarEmma Maembong mohon maaf, tersilap langk
Views : 4690 Replies : 28
Penyondol Tetap Isteri Sah, Boleh Tuntut Hak’ – Kenyataan Watak Imani Dalam ‘Lelaki Itu’ Mula Dibenci Netizen
YgBenarPenyondol Tetap Isteri Sah, Boleh Tuntut
Views : 12926 Replies : 165
Hanya cakap "apa khabar" sudah dapat kerja...  pempengaruh Imran Bard kata kita terlalu mengagung orang luar seperti Korea berbanding layanan mereka terhadap orang kita.Anda setuju?
YgBenarHanya cakap "apa khabar" sudah dapat ker
Views : 8797 Replies : 61
Sheriff kutip RM16 juta 5 hari
maklukpenggodaSheriff kutip RM16 juta 5 hari
Views : 7111 Replies : 98
FATTAH FAZURA FATIMA bergandingan dalam drama HERO SEORANG CINDERELLA 2.0
FORUMCARIIIFATTAH FAZURA FATIMA bergandingan dalam
Views : 281056 Replies : 9523
Lelaki 45 tahun ada lebih RM1 juta KWSP cetus inspirasi
ultra78Lelaki 45 tahun ada lebih RM1 juta KWSP
Views : 21515 Replies : 165
Mari Tepek Gif Picture V.7
tariMari Tepek Gif Picture V.7
Views : 54933 Replies : 2750
Gambar Hantu Zaman Kodak
tumpanglalu74Gambar Hantu Zaman Kodak
Views : 10082 Replies : 1
Koleksi Foto : Bunga v2
tariKoleksi Foto : Bunga v2
Views : 101294 Replies : 1536

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 11:33 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.232426 second(s), 38 queries .