Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 8165|Reply: 53

Hinduism: Why Hinduism is Ridiculous in the eyes of Christians

[Copy link]
Post time 20-2-2007 09:06 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
This is Hinduism from the Christianity viewpoint....although I'm a Muslim...I feel compeled to agree about the ridiculous ideas in Hinduism.....

Ridiculous Hinduism

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-2-2007 12:15 AM | Show all posts
another idolism religion right?

Erm, why do they still have to worship the god, since all the god statues are made by human own hands? Shouldn't human be the god instead?

Well, indian have indian god, chinese have chinese god.....

so i'm sure there will be racism among the gods up the sky there.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-2-2007 07:22 AM | Show all posts
Arissa_Sofea & Persa1200

Haven't you two guys wittness both Chinese and Hindus celebrating Thaipusam? Haven't you wittnesed Chinese carrying kavadis? It is clear that we understand each others faith and belief. GOD is one but paths are many and if one feel comfortable in a particular path so be it who are we to condemn? Yes, man can be a GOD when situation arise. Did Allah personally appeared to help those victims of Tsunami in Indonesia? No, its people, people with kind heart who care not for religion, race or color. They went there with only on thing in mind and that is to help the victims and when this happens it's GOD in them in person to lend a helping hand.

You guys are one track minded and think that the world should be made of Muslims alone which I believe is a kind of sickness that needs treatment. So better go for a psyciatric review.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-2-2007 10:06 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Arissa_Sofea at 2/20/07 05:06 AM
This is Hinduism from the Christianity viewpoint....although I'm a Muslim...I feel compeled to agree about the ridiculous ideas in Hinduism.....

Ridiculous Hinduism

So what is Hinduism from Christianity viewpoint? If it's ridiculous, then there must be some supporting argument to back it up. You haven't explained it yet.
Also, you might want to make sure that if you have any supporting argument, it is indeed from Christianity viewpoint, not your personal view. Otherwise you'd be using Christianity as a proxy to bash Hinduism.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-2-2007 10:46 AM | Show all posts
click the link...i'm surprised you don't know how to click the link seeing you as moderator...
or perhaps i misused the BBcode???

[ Last edited by  Arissa_Sofea at 21-2-2007 11:14 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-2-2007 11:30 AM | Show all posts
I admit that I missed the link. But in my defense, it's not adequetly highlighted or underlined which indicates that it has hyperlink. You can also write something like "click the link" so that readers are more aware that there's a link somewhere. Also, I always encourage members to not only provide links or copy and paste articles but also write some thoughtful summary and/or commentary on the article.

[ Last edited by  BeanDiesel at 20-2-2007 07:31 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 21-2-2007 11:33 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by BeanDiesel at 21-2-2007 11:30 AM
I admit that I missed the link. But in my defense, it's not adequetly highlighted or underlined which indicates that it has hyperlink. You can also write something like "click the link" ...

Well said...and will do next time....

Use magic Report

Post time 21-2-2007 04:42 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Arissa_Sofea at 20-2-2007 09:06 PM

Ridiculous Hinduism

You want to provoke a fight? Oh Mr.Third-Party.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-2-2007 06:51 PM | Show all posts
As a logical thinking human being, i always wondered even before i became a christian.
Why should we worship or bow down to an object, be it a dead one such as an idol or a living one such as a tree.
I mean, we humans created idols with our hands right? The idol shld worship us, not we worship the idol instead.

God created every thing so he isn't restricted to a particular object or location, He is every where. We can worship God w/o an idol or object such as a kaaba .

Use magic Report

Post time 21-2-2007 08:31 PM | Show all posts
debmey,
most christians i know still pray to mary statues and the cross.
Many ignorant people go to yoga classes. You cannot separate the devil from yoga! The only kind of meditation Christians are supposed to do is meditating on God's word. Not clearing your mind out so a devil can come in!

is this true? :jeling:. kalau betul then syirik ler for Muslim. hm hm hmm

Use magic Report

Post time 21-2-2007 10:00 PM | Show all posts
I don't think so hibu, I don't think Christians bow to an object like you Muslims do 5 times daily.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-2-2007 02:01 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 21-2-2007 10:00 PM
I don't think so hibu, I don't think Christians bow to an object like you Muslims do 5 times daily.

muslims bow to an object? a kaaba? is that wut u mean?

well sis... you are totally get the idea wrong... we never bow to any object... infact, it is a taboo or sin if we bow to any objects... kaaba is just a "landmark" that we use as a direction... so when muslims bow, we bow to 1 same direction which is kaaba... this just a method we use to show unity in islam.

do you understand now? or need me to elaborate more? feel free to ask...

Use magic Report

Post time 22-2-2007 02:16 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by geng_tx at 22-2-2007 02:01 PM

muslims bow to an object? a kaaba? is that wut u mean?

well sis... you are totally get the idea wrong... we never bow to any object... infact, it is a taboo or sin if we bow to any objects ...

May I add?

1. Islam believes in fostering Unity

For instance, if Muslims want to offer Salaah (Prayer), it is possible that some may wish to face north, while some may wish to face south. In order to unite Muslims in their worship of the One True God, Muslims, wherever they may be, are asked to face in only one direction i.e. towards the Ka抋bah. If some Muslims live towards the west of the Ka抋bah they face the east. Similarly if they live towards the east of the Ka抋bah they face the west.  

2. Kaabah is at the Centre of the World Map

The Muslims were the first people to draw the map of the world. They drew the map with the south facing upwards and north downwards. The Ka抋bah was at the centre. Later, western cartographers drew the map upside down with the north facing upwards and south downwards. Yet, Alhamdullilah the Ka抋bah is yet at the centre of the world map.  

3. Tawaf around Ka抋bah for indicating one God

When the Muslims go to Masjid-e-Haram in Makkah, they perform tawaf or circumambulation round the Ka抋bah. This act symbolizes the belief and worship of One God, since, just as every circle has one centre, so also there is only one Allah (swt) worthy of worship.  

4. Hadith of Umar (Pbuh)

Regarding the black stone, hajr-e-aswat, there is a hadith (tradition), attributed to the illustrious companion of the Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh), Umar (may Allah be pleased with him Pbuh).
According to Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, book of Hajj, chapter 56, H.No. 675. Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said, know that you are a stone and can neither benefit nor harm. Had I not seen the Prophet (Pbuh) touching (and kissing) you, I would never have touched (and kissed) you.  

5. People stood on Kaabah and gave the adhaan

At the time of the Prophet people even stood on the Ka抋bah and gave the adhan or the call to prayer. One may ask those who allege that Muslims worship the Ka抋bah, which idol worshipper stands on the idol he worships?

This is my own addition. Muslims bow to the Kaaba merely because it is the command of God and God only. If it was not because of it we Muslims won't bow in front of a Kaaba 5 times a day. It is similar to the story of the creation of Adam a.s. where God commanded all angels to bow to Adam a.s. as a sign of respect, not to worship and all the angels bow except for Azazel (Iblis) whereas God angered at Azazel and later he become a fallen angel.

Thus, for every being who are objecting the command of God, he will share the same fate as Azazel (Iblis).

[ Last edited by  rurouni_khairul at 22-2-2007 02:21 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 22-2-2007 08:00 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 21-2-2007 10:00 PM

well there is no Allah's statue inside the Ka'abah.

When we pray we are thinking of Allah only, not any other objects.

only death will make you realise which religion is the true path. Memorize the answers for questions to be asked later inside the grave. Good luck to you.

[ Last edited by  Presa1200 at 22-2-2007 08:02 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 22-2-2007 10:26 PM | Show all posts
1. Islam believes in fostering Unity

For instance, if Muslims want to offer Salaah (Prayer), it is possible that some may wish to face north, while some may wish to face south. In order to unite Muslims in their worship of the One True God, Muslims, wherever they may be, are asked to face in only one direction i.e. towards the Ka抋bah. If some Muslims live towards the west of the Ka抋bah they face the east. Similarly if they live towards the east of the Ka抋bah they face the west.  

Since kaaba is a point itself, muslims from all over teh world would need to face different directions depending on where they are to bow to kaaba.
As for the kaaba being a unifying force, nothing can be further from the truth and it sure doesn't seem effective as muslims are killing muslims more than anyone else. Just look at darfur and baghdad. Even in iran and turkey and lebanon and israel, muslims kill each others more than anyone.  

2. Kaabah is at the Centre of the World Map

The Muslims were the first people to draw the map of the world. They drew the map with the south facing upwards and north downwards. The Ka抋bah was at the centre. Later, western cartographers drew the map upside down with the north facing upwards and south downwards. Yet, Alhamdullilah the Ka抋bah is yet at the centre of the world map.  

The world is a globe. Therefore any pont can be the centre.

3. Tawaf around Ka抋bah for indicating one God

When the Muslims go to Masjid-e-Haram in Makkah, they perform tawaf or circumambulation round the Ka抋bah. This act symbolizes the belief and worship of One God, since, just as every circle has one centre, so also there is only one Allah (swt) worthy of worship.  

And thats the whole problem. When you bow to an object 5 times a day, put its pic on your wall, pay pilgrimage to it and walk around it, you are indeed worshipping that object whether you realise it or not.
A former muslim who visited the kaaba wrote that when he was witnessing all this circling of kaaba, God suddenly spoek to him that people are worshipping an object. In God's eyes, you people are committing idolatry.

4. Hadith of Umar (Pbuh)

Regarding the black stone, hajr-e-aswat, there is a hadith (tradition), attributed to the illustrious companion of the Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh), Umar (may Allah be pleased with him Pbuh).
According to Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, book of Hajj, chapter 56, H.No. 675. Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said, know that you are a stone and can neither benefit nor harm. Had I not seen the Prophet (Pbuh) touching (and kissing) you, I would never have touched (and kissed) you.  

Muhamad showed his love for the kaaba by touching and kissing it.

5. People stood on Kaabah and gave the adhaan

At the time of the Prophet people even stood on the Ka抋bah and gave the adhan or the call to prayer. One may ask those who allege that Muslims worship the Ka抋bah, which idol worshipper stands on the idol he worships?

This is my own addition. Muslims bow to the Kaaba merely because it is the command of God and God only. If it was not because of it we Muslims won't bow in front of a Kaaba 5 times a day. It is similar to the story of the creation of Adam a.s. where God commanded all angels to bow to Adam a.s. as a sign of respect, not to worship and all the angels bow except for Azazel (Iblis) whereas God angered at Azazel and later he become a fallen angel.

Thus, for every being who are objecting the command of God, he will share the same fate as Azazel (Iblis).

Really? Proof please.
So why don't they stand on kaaba for azan anymore?

Use magic Report

Post time 22-2-2007 10:57 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by barney50 at 21-2-2007 07:22 AM
Arissa_Sofea & Persa1200

Haven't you two guys wittness both Chinese and Hindus celebrating Thaipusam? Haven't you wittnesed Chinese carrying kavadis?  

So what if even white men carry kavadis? Stupid thing to do anyway if you ask me Anyway, Hinduism is an outdated and pagan religion that is not fit to be religio naturalis of man, as it contradicts the fitrah of man by advocating the worship of elephants and monkeys.

- MENJ

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-2-2007 11:04 PM | Show all posts

Menj

with the animals again?

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2007 12:42 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 22-2-2007 11:04 PM
with the animals again?

An animal !

you talking about yourself

kharrrr   kharrr   kharrrr

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2007 12:42 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 22-2-2007 10:26 PM

The world is a globe. Therefore any pont can be the centre.

[quote]\[table=98%][tr][td=2,1]Islamic Science: Neil Armstrong Proved Mecca is the Center of the World[/td][/tr][tr][td=2,1][/td][/tr][tr][td=2,1]The following are excerpts from an interview with Dr. Abd Al-Baset Al-Sayyed of the Egyptian National Research Center. Al-Majd TV aired this interview on January 16, 2005

Dr. 'Abd Al-Baset Sayyid: The centrality [of Mecca] has been proven scientifically. How? When they traveled to outer space and took pictures of the earth, they saw that it is a dark, hanging sphere. The man said, "Earth is a dark hanging sphere

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2007 03:29 AM | Show all posts
really? source please. I bet you its a hoax by muslims. I'm very sure this didn't come from NASA nor Neil Armstrong for that matter.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

9-5-2024 05:07 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 1.831385 second(s), 46 queries .