Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: johngage

AESA

[Copy link]
Post time 10-7-2007 01:43 PM | Show all posts

Reply #40 mmc's post

Exactly..even i'm in the field of nanotech..there's a need for more R&D for nanotech to fully know it's real breakthrough.you might heard about nanosilver for aircon and refrigerator but really as for now..not much

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-7-2007 02:24 PM | Show all posts

Reply #41 StealthTuah's post

what was it the Prince Charles said..the evil grey lump ke apa kan

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2007 07:26 PM | Show all posts
macam tu ka? mahal rupanya nanotech ni, wa ingat kot murah pasai kecik2 jer, rupa2nya lagi mahal. aiyoyo...besar sangat pun salah, kicik2 pun susah, bikin medium size punya boleh ka?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2007 08:40 PM | Show all posts
The importance of nanotech is much greater than what you guys think. After all, all your PCs here use nanotech.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2007 08:49 PM | Show all posts

Reply #44 mentosonline's post

tak per la, teringin jugak aku nak pakai pc yg saiz medium, mungkin 42 inci munya saiz screen, boleh aku layan wayang hari2, main game pun siot banget jugak...

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2007 08:54 PM | Show all posts

Reply #45 windof's post

My malay is bad but I think you're referring to computer monitors?
If that is what you said, then what i meant was our intel or amd CPUs.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 10-7-2007 09:23 PM | Show all posts

Reply #46 mentosonline's post

cant they use nanotech to build a lightweight and portable 42 inches monitor? and dont forget, most important thing, make it cheap...

[ Last edited by  windof at 10-7-2007 09:25 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 10-7-2007 09:34 PM | Show all posts

Reply #47 windof's post

Maybe for the graphics processing unit within the monitor.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-7-2007 12:27 AM | Show all posts

Reply #48 mentosonline's post

something like the reflective screen technology perhaps, where u can bend it like beckcham.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-7-2007 09:34 AM | Show all posts

Reply #44 mentosonline's post

again like i said before, control of nanotech product is the million dollar question, esp for nanomachines  we are well aware of the use of nanomaterials as mentione dof ST and their potential...for a small country like malaysia, i rather invest in spectrum tech like milimiterwave radar, since it has both military and civilian uses in various fields...i dont't think there is much civilian use for tracking multiple targets on frequency hopping channels that cannot be jammed eh;)

[ Last edited by  mmc at 11-7-2007 09:37 AM ]

Use magic Report

mat_toro This user has been deleted
Post time 11-7-2007 09:59 AM | Show all posts

Reply #48 mentosonline's post

Screen also can... I saw in a documentary they were experinmenting on a monitor placed on a t-shirt... but of course its commercialization is still a long way to go...

Use magic Report

Post time 12-7-2007 06:15 PM | Show all posts

Reply #51 mat_toro's post

A 42-inch nano screen??

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2007 09:15 AM | Show all posts

Reply #52 mentosonline's post

Actually it wasn't nano... it was light defraction or something... didn't really pay much attention to the documentary... but the device to manipulate the light was really small... could be nanotech... maybe we could use that as a mobile GPS map in the future... lighter than current GPS devices... and a huge improvement to the current 1975 surveyors map the Malaysian army uses  ... at least thats what they gave me during my cadet training... imagine expecting a paddy field as shown in map given and finding a small town instead with the instructors waiting to give you hell for "taking short cuts"...

[ Last edited by  mat_toro at 13-7-2007 09:17 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2007 10:50 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by mentosonline at 10-7-2007 08:40 PM
The importance of nanotech is much greater than what you guys think. After all, all your PCs here use nanotech.

I know nanotech has been applied.but the concept is not matured with our tools and current tech.not i'm saying is still infancy since the idea has been proposed since 60's i think.but rather the application still limited and lots of research need to be done.and synthesizing nanoparticles won't cost you millions.

for eg:cheap ferrous oxide + ferric oxide + ammonium hydroxide in stirring flask gives you nanoparticle magnetite. magnetite = iron oxide with the capability of absorbing microwave (RADAR) = incorporated in a matrix (like rubber)= composite = Radar Absoring Material. that at least in theory..but the fact is...magnetite in nananosize regime gives you less and less capability in absorbing microwave..the micron size performs better

FYI, the RAM used on F117 also incorporated a coating based on polymer + radar absorbing material, most probably carbonyl iron

which i love to said again..back to R&D

p/s:never mind if you failed to understand the chemical synthesis..i'm just giving you a general idea about all this hype on nanotech..even a renowned physicist remain sceptical of this tech at least for now

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2007 10:52 AM | Show all posts

Reply #42 mmc's post

Alar sori MC wa xpaham

Use magic Report

Post time 13-7-2007 11:19 AM | Show all posts

Reply #55 StealthTuah's post

tak ada apa..prince charles warned of the perils of nanotech

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-7-2007 06:25 PM | Show all posts

Reply #54 StealthTuah's post

Interesting...

Nanotech is also very important for unmanned vehicles these days as compactness is one of the attributes required. Some UAVs employed by militaries are as small as a palm and still can fly.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-8-2007 08:55 PM | Show all posts
Interesting bit I got from the SG forum militarynuts.com

http://militarynuts.com/index.php?showtopic=1252&st=0

Posted by Callsign 24 Seira, should he ever browse the forum...

AESA Radar Systems

An Active Electronically Scanned Array(AESA), also known as active phased array radar is a type of radarwhose transmitter and receiver functions are composed of numerous smalltransmit/receive (T/R) modules. AESA radars feature short toinstantaneous (millisecond) scanning rates and have a desirable lowprobability of intercept.

As solid state devices, AESA radarshave vastly simpler mechanical designs. They require no complexhydraulics for antenna movement nor hinge appendages that are prone tofailure. The AESA radar occupies less space than typical radar, becauseof its lesser infrastructure requirements and of course its absentrange of motion. The distributed transmit function also eliminates themost common single-point failure mode seen in a conventional radar.With these improvements, maintenance crews are far less severely taxed,and the radar is much more reliable.

Main advantages overmechanically scanned arrays are extremely fast scanning rate, muchhigher range, tremendous number of targets being tracked and engaged(multiple agile beams), low probability of intercept, ability tofunction as a radio/jammer, simultaneous air and ground modes,Synthetic Aperture Radar.

Mechanical steering may be added toAESA radars for increased radar field of view; The movement performanceof the antenna would not need to be nearly as great as that of atraditional radar, as the radar sweep is not integral to the contactupdate rate.

AESA radars have:

* High ECM resistance:
o The extremely fast scan of the radar makes it difficult for an ECMdevice to find the correct azimuth and elevation in which the radar'smain lobe is currently directed.
o High gain associated with AESAradars gives them high ERP, which makes it difficult for an active ECMdevice, using noise jamming techniques, to successfully jam such aradar.
    * The extremely fast scan of the emitter gives it LPI features.
* Less suspectibility to voltage failures, due to the relatively verylow voltage in which each and every single radiating element operates;This is combined with graceful degradation.

The difference between AESA and PESA

Ina passive electronically scanned array (PESA), the microwave feednetwork in the back of the antenna is powered by a single RF source(magnetron, klystron, TWT, etc.), sending its waves into phase shiftmodules (usually digitally-controlled), which, in turn, feed thenumerous emitting elements.

An AESA, instead, has an individual RF source for each of its many transmit/receive elements, making them "active".

This provides for a graceful degradation, so that many T/R modules may fail and the radar would not stop functioning.

AESAradars replace the traditional radar RF sources(magnetron/klystron/TWT), which usually require extremely highoperating voltage and power, with multiple solid state RF sourcesoperating at low voltage (40 to 60 volts). Solid state electronics usesilicon or gallium-arsenide technology and benefit from mass productiontechniques developed for consumer electronics.

List of AESA radars

Airborne systems

* Northrop Grumman/Raytheon AN/APG-77, for the F-22 Raptor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AN/APG-77

* Northrop Grumman AN/APG-80, for the F-16E/F Block 60 Fighting Falcon
    * Northrop Grumman AN/APG-81, for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter
    * Northrop Grumman Multi-role AESA, for the Boeing Wedgetail (AEW&C)
    * Raytheon AN/APG-63(V)2 and AN/APG-63(V)3, for the F-15C Eagle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APG-63_and_APG-70_radars

* Raytheon AN/APG-79, for the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APG-65%2C_APG...d_APG-79_radars

* Raytheon AN/APQ-181 (AESA upgrade currently in development), for the B-2 Spirit bomber
    * AMSAR, from the European GTDAR consortium, for Eurofighter and Rafale fighters
    * SELEX Seaspray 7000E, for helicopters
    * Elta EL/M-2075 radar for the IAI Phalcon AEW&C system
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EL/M-2075

* Mitsubishi Electric Corporation AESA for the Mitsubishi F-2 fighter
    * Ericsson Erieye AEW&C and NORA AESA for JAS 39 Gripen
    * Phazotron NIIR Zhuk-AE, for MiG-35
    * Tikhomirov NIIP Epaulet-A
    * Elta EL/M-2083 aerostat-mounted air search radar

* Elta EL/M-2052, for fighters
http://www.iai.co.il/ELTA.aspx?FolderID=33796〈=en
http://www.defense-update.com/features/du-...aradar_2052.htm
http://intellibriefs.blogspot.com/2005/05/...aesa-radar.html

Ground and sea-based systems

* APAR multi-function radar, primary sensor of Dutch De Zeven Provinci雗 and German Sachsen class frigates
    * Elta EL/M-2080 Green Pine ground-based early warning AESA radar
    * AN/SPY-3 multi-function radar for U.S. DD(X), CG(X) and CVN-21 next-generation surface vessels
    * Raytheon U.S. National Missile Defense X-Band Radar (XBR)
    * SAMPSON multi-function radar for UK. Type 45 destroyers
    * MEADS's fire control radar
    * THAAD system fire control radar[B][/B]

Use magic Report

Post time 15-8-2007 01:42 PM | Show all posts

Reply #58 mentosonline's post

exactly as i said before... but in a fancier set up...

Use magic Report

Post time 15-8-2007 05:26 PM | Show all posts

Reply #59 mat_toro's post

Still is nice though to have it

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-4-2024 01:18 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062949 second(s), 42 queries .