Author: jofizo

Syria says repulses Israeli jets

[Copy link]
Post time 15-9-2007 10:37 AM | Show all posts
Cari nih dah biol agaknya... dah 2 pos aku tak kuar2 :@

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-9-2007 02:53 PM | Show all posts
terbang rendah below 500 feet boleh ape..kalo nak elak kn sam n radar detection ..tp kalo dlm kol 0100 mayb mmg tgh tido la kot. tgk gak la radar die letak kat mn..atau pakai transponder civvies a/c and fly close formation pun leh gak..

Use magic Report

Post time 15-9-2007 04:51 PM | Show all posts

Reply #75 razhar's post

IAF's jets zoom in and out of Syria without a scratch, what r the Syrian airforce doing? aint a single syrian jet on 24hrs standby?

Use magic Report

Post time 15-9-2007 04:52 PM | Show all posts

Reply #75 razhar's post

well done, IAF.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-9-2007 06:14 PM | Show all posts
IAF can do that for arabs but their clone at SEA won't be able to do the same thing to RMAF and our air defense

Tak habis habis dengan Singupura. diaorang tu tak mau invede sebarang negara. sama jugak dengan kiter. Apa kiter nak khuatirkan.  Gua rasa diaorang lebih takut perang daripada kiter. diaorang rugi banyak. kiter pun rugi. ekonomi ekonomi dekat rantau ni patut berkerjer sama. Dari segi pertahanan kiter sepatunyer menubuhkan persatuan macam nato. dah lah tu. apa yang gua tahu.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-9-2007 06:17 PM | Show all posts
IAF's jets zoom in and out of Syria without a scratch, what r the Syrian airforce doing? aint a single syrian jet on 24hrs standby?

they been clever. they cannot win again israel air power. why give alasan to bom syria air force?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 15-9-2007 10:56 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 15-9-2007 09:18
radar cannot be jammed. they can either be avoided by flying low or by using stealth plane or be destroyed.

wehere did u learn it? ohhhh my god!!

Use magic Report

Post time 15-9-2007 10:57 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by edelweiss101 at 15-9-2007 16:51

they are watching belly dance....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-9-2007 11:20 PM | Show all posts
Sep 13, 2007 19:39 | Updated Sep 13, 2007 19:39
'Turkey gave Israel intel on Syria'
By JPOST.COM STAFF
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...icle%2FShowFull

Turkey provided Israel with intelligence on Syria prior to last week's alleged IAF flyover into the country, Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Jarida claimed on Thursday.

According to the report, the country had a central role in delivering precise information regarding targets in Syria that were to be hit by Israeli planes. Further, the report claimed that the Israeli pilots were given authorization by the Turkish army to use its airspace in order to carry out the operation.

Sources told Al-Jarida that Turkish intelligence did not coordinate the move with Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan. "Coordination of the [release of information] occurred far away from the political echelon," it said.

The Israeli and Turkish armies share a strong relationship that has been felt through several joint exercises and weapons sales.

On Saturday, an unnamed Turkish official demanded explanations from Israel after fuel tanks allegedly dropped by Israel F-15I planes who were conducting a foray into Syrian airspace, were found on the Turkish-Syrian border.

Turkish paper Hurriyet reported that Turkey was demanding whether the Israeli planes also passed over its own airspace.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-9-2007 11:36 PM | Show all posts
Sep 14, 2007 18:55 | Updated Sep 14, 2007 18:55
'IAF attacked in Syria off North Korean nuclear shipment'
By JPOST STAFF AND AP

The secret IAF foray into Syrian airspace was in fact an Israeli air strike directly linked to a North Korean shipment of suspected nuclear material which was delivered to Syria three days before the attack, the Washington Post reported on Saturday.

According to the report, the ship arrived on September 3 in the Syrian port of Tartus. On September 6, the Post report claimed that the IAF attacked an "agricultural research center" which Israel believed was a facility used by the Syrians to extract uranium from phosphates.
The report quoted an anonymous source who said that he received his information from Israelis who participated in the attack. According to that source, Israel took significant measures to protect the secrecy of the mission, briefing only those pilots who actually carried out the strike, and not the pilots of the planes providing cover. Further, the pilots who were involved in the attack were only told details after they had already taken off.
However, on Saturday Syria denied these reports, and claimed that nothing in Syria was bombed by the IAF, and nothing was damaged.
Reports of such an attack are "ridiculous and not true," Syrian Ambassador to the United Nations Bashar Ja'afari said. Ja'afari added that "Syria does not have North Korean nuclear facilities."
Speculation over the IAF foray into Syrian territory has been the subject of considerable debate since news of the mission broke last week.
On Friday, a senior US nuclear official said that the North Koreans were in Syria and Damascus may have had contacts with "secret suppliers" to obtain nuclear equipment.
Andrew Semmel, acting deputy assistant secretary of state for nuclear nonproliferation policy, did not name the suppliers, but said there were North Koreans in Syria and that he could not exclude that the network run by disgraced Pakistan nuclear scientist A.Q. Khan may have been involved.
The Washington Post reported Thursday that Israel had gathered satellite imagery showing possible North Korean cooperation with Syria on a nuclear facility.
Semmel, who is in Italy for a meeting Saturday on the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty, said that Syria was certainly on the US nuclear "watch list."
"There are indicators that they do have something going on there," he said. "We do know that there are a number of foreign technicians that have been in Syria. We do know that there may have been contact between Syria and some secret suppliers for nuclear equipment. Whether anything transpired remains to be seen."
"So good foreign policy, good national security policy, would suggest that we pay very close attention to that," he said. "We're watching very closely. Obviously, the Israelis were watching very closely."
Asked if the suppliers could have been North Koreans, he said: "There are North Korean people there. There's no question about that. Just as there are a lot of North Koreans in Iraq and Iran."
Asked if the so-called Khan network, which supplied nuclear technology to Iran, Libya and North Korea, could have been involved, he said he "wouldn't exclude" it.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-9-2007 11:51 PM | Show all posts
Sep 10, 2007 21:17 | Updated Sep 10, 2007 21:17
Rattling the Cage: What Israeli aggression?
By LARRY DERFNER
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid...ShowFull#recent

For once, Israelis seem to believe that Syria is telling the truth - that Israeli jets invaded Syria's airspace last Thursday, and that Syria fired at our jets but missed.

The reason Israelis believe the Syrian story is because if it wasn't true, Israel would deny it. Why would Israel deny it? Because countries aren't supposed to fly their jets into another country's airspace without permission. It's considered an invasion. An act of aggression. It gives the invaded country a casus belli - a justification to strike back.

In short, it's wrong. It's the sort of thing that starts wars, and countries are supposed to try to avoid wars, not start them.

So Israeli leaders have nothing to say about the Syrian reports. This is the diplomatic equivalent of a wink. Everyone understands.

What's hard to understand, though, is how the Israeli media can be so docile, so obedient, in the face of such a reckless Israeli act. I was watching Channel 2 Thursday night, and I couldn't believe what I was hearing, or rather not hearing.

None of the journalists, who clearly assumed that this incident had really taken place, thought it worth mentioning that Israel had just risked starting a war with Syria. None of them challenged Israeli officials on the wisdom of this. All they talked about was what Syria might do now, whether Syria would go to war. That Israel had just provoked Syria, had just escalated the conflict, was the elephant in the newsroom that they pretended not to see.

This has been the tenor of the coverage ever since - lots of speculation on what Israel was trying to achieve and how Syria might react, hardly a hint about the incredible risk Israel took, about the morality of tossing a lighted match in a dry forest as this country's leaders just did.

It's almost surrealistic. It's like there's a conspiracy of silence. The people who are supposed to ask questions act as if they've been lobotomized. I feel a little bit like I'm living in a police state.

What would have happened if Syria had shot down one of our jets? We would have been at war with a country on our northern border that has biological and chemical weapons as well as lots of missiles - and Israel would be guilty of having provoked the war.

FOR MONTHS now, Israeli political and military leaders have been saying the danger on the border is not that Syria will invade, but that Syria is afraid we will invade, and that one thing will lead to another and a war will break out due to one side "miscalculating" the other's intentions. Implicit in this was that Israel would never invade Syria because Israel doesn't want war, Israel doesn't do things like that, so the real danger was Syria's paranoia.

Evidently, Syria wasn't so paranoid.

Since Thursday, spokesmen for this country have been trying to calm everyone down, assuring everyone that Israel doesn't want war.

What a joke. If Israel wanted to calm things down with Syria, why did it fly its jets into Syrian airspace at a time like this? If Israel doesn't want war, why did it risk war?

While I'm surprised the Israeli media are just falling quietly into line behind the government and the army, I'm not surprised the Israeli public is doing so. When it's Israel vs. the Arabs, there is no policy too belligerent or too dangerous for a majority of Israelis to support.

They will accept any official explanation or non-explanation without question, they will put their children's lives at risk with trepidation but without protest - anything rather than wonder aloud whether Israel might be in the wrong this time and the Arab enemy in the right. As was the case on Thursday.

IT TURNS OUT that nothing has changed since last summer's war in Lebanon. With rare exceptions, the Israeli media didn't ask any questions then, and they aren't asking any questions now. Same with the public. In fact, the situation seems to have gotten worse. Last summer's war was started, after all, by Hizbullah, so even Meretz, even I supported it at first. The failure by the media and the public came later, when they didn't ask what purpose Israel had in continuing the fighting indefinitely. Now we've got a situation where the country has gone mum after its leaders behaved recklessly not in self-defense, as in Lebanon, but in aggression.

We've set up a strict double standard for ourselves and the Arabs. We believe Israel is entitled to breach Syrian airspace, or Lebanese airspace, because - well, because they're bad and we're good. But if they breach ours? If Syrian jets dared fly over Israeli territory, everybody knows what would happen - we'd shoot them down without a moment's hesitation. And afterward we'd complain to the whole world, we'd say, "You see? The Arabs are trying to kill us all, just like the Nazis." Yet if, on the other hand, Israeli jets fly over Syria - and get away with it? Wink, wink. The little country with the big heart has done it again. Damn, we're good.

DESPITE WHAT some readers think, I'm not one of those people who blame Israel for all of the Middle East's troubles, who think the Arabs would leave Israel alone if we'd only leave them alone. That's a ridiculous idea. But it's no less ridiculous to claim that Israel wants peace with its whole being and it's only the Arabs who are preventing it. I think Thursday's incident showed otherwise.

No, I'm one of those people who believe the Middle East is a bloody mess because both the Arabs and the Israelis are oriented to war. I like to think the Arabs are the bigger part of the problem, but even if that's true, we are no small part of it.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-9-2007 12:42 AM | Show all posts
I don't agree with this article at all. The Jews weren't the ones who are antagonistic, its always the arabs.
The Jews want peace, the extremists arabs want nothing but war.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-9-2007 03:57 AM | Show all posts
don't agree with this article at all. The Jews weren't the ones who are antagonistic, its always the arabs.
The Jews want peace, the extremists arabs want nothing but war.

R u sure jews are not start wars and konflik ? if they never show openly, they do quitely to destroy arab world. face it. they will do anithing to live and Isreal to survieve. U r not wise.

do u reali belief the jews are your alies? they make use of u. u make use of them. if the situasi change, they drop u like that. I knoe u knoe better then give yor heart to them. they only cares for thier people and thinking of religion about end of dayz.

This is propaganda #z from u debbey to insults muslims.

[ Last edited by  belacan79 at 16-9-2007 03:58 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 16-9-2007 11:01 AM | Show all posts

Reply #88 razhar's post

woww, in that case, i want to joint the syrian air force too!

Use magic Report

Post time 17-9-2007 10:38 AM | Show all posts

Reply #91 spiderweb6969's post

A good article in helping us understand the situation.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-9-2007 11:31 AM | Show all posts

Reply #95 mentosonline's post

Israelis 慴lew apart Syrian nuclear cache

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 17-9-2007 03:35 PM | Show all posts

Reply #96 areguard's post

This is true? Sounds like something out of Tom Clancy to me.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-9-2007 03:54 PM | Show all posts
israel need to salvage some pride after what the hezbollah did to them

Use magic Report

Post time 17-9-2007 09:33 PM | Show all posts
if the israelis can do it to the arabs, i'm sure we can do it too.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-9-2007 11:03 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 17-9-2007 21:33
if the israelis can do it to the arabs, i'm sure we can do it too.

Oh...u mean being shamed by a third class militia like the Hezbollah....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-4-2024 07:38 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.415771 second(s), 42 queries .