CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: powerwoot

SG with Himars, encountering the Astros II?

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 20-9-2007 10:14 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by awangmamat at 20/9/07 21:41
Story still the same.  They can only hit parts of Malaysia.  We can hit everything over there.

hmm true, imagine the rockets launched from various parts in johor, from the west in tg piai, kulai and up to eastern area of tg pengelih or tlk ramunia. Countinious firing from diff angle and place will give us advantage to move and reload.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-9-2007 10:25 PM | Show all posts
I don't know what the fuss is all about.  If they want to buy HIMARS.  We had ASTROSS years before.  Hell the Malaysian people can sleep ever so soundly at night.  Lets give a few trends, we bought MLRS first.  We but the Artillery Fire Finding Radar ARTHUR first, then even we bought the Haaglunds vehicle first.  As you can see these Singaporeans in some ways are following our tail.  So sometimes, you know you can be proud that in certain conditions, the MAF is quite progressive in our selection of procurement.  The problem with them, is that they lack experience, I mean real experience.  Its one thing to train in Australia about a simulated enemy but another in actually facing one.  MAF has a rich experience.  For instance NATO only accepted Malaysia to join in IFOR and SFOR in Bosnia.  No other country from Asia was there.  We stayed because we were audited and found capable to join NATO in Bosnia.  Pardon me, Indonesia and Pakistan went back after NATO took over, maybe because their foreign policy did not allow or something else.  But we stayed.  Same in Timor Leste.  Timor could have asked Singapore to come, but they didn't.  We went, deployed in less than 24 hours after notification to join the Aussies there.  We did the job.  Toys is one thing, its nice to have the shiniest, but in the end, the Malaysian soldier proved that he is capable in the Snowy mountains of Europe, Desert sands of Somalia and in Timor.  Sure the malaysian trooper may be a bit "comot" but he is proven figure.

Bravo, the best description of a regular MY trooper I've seen so far!

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2007 11:40 PM | Show all posts
Really? He forgot to tell you the vandalism that msian soldiers commited in Nambia and bosnia. Plus the slow and unprofessional action that led to so many americans dead in Somalia.

peace and cheers

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2007 11:45 PM | Show all posts
Really? He forgot to tell you the vandalism that msian soldiers commited in Nambia and bosnia. Plus the slow and unprofessional action that led to so many americans dead in Somalia

Cock & bull.

The Americans bungled their operations in Somalia. Their excruciating death & subsequent misery before being rescued are their own doings. No thanks to Somalia's irregulars militias.

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2007 11:49 PM | Show all posts
about tis "SG with Himars, encountering the Astros II"... no need discuss is the fact... v brought PT-91M they bring leo... v brought SU-30MKM they bring F-15S... mayb they too much $ so hv to keep on spent in military stuff...

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2007 12:00 AM | Show all posts

Reply #65 gancity's post

So be it la....they should reconsider to dig more space for those thing la...and we just need to find the nest and bury it with their own soil la....

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 21-9-2007 12:12 AM | Show all posts
about tis "SG with Himars, encountering the Astros II"... no need discuss is the fact... v brought PT-91M they bring leo... v brought SU-30MKM they bring F-15S... mayb they too much $ so hv to keep on spent in military stuff...

Takde cam gitu. Sebelum kiter beli Pt-91 kiter mereka telah ada dalam 350 SM1- tanks dan  lebih 100 + Tempest; iaitu tank british MBT centurion yang telah diubah sesuai oleh israel. Angkatan udara mereka menpunyai jet-jet pejuang moden yang begitu banyak(seratus lebih). Tengok angkatan laut diaorang sekarang. dulu lain. Sekarang lain.

Pembelian ini semua mengikut doktrine doktrine sendiri.  Kiter tak leh lawan mereka dari segi jumlah tank, kapal terbang, IFV, etc.  Ini berdasarkan buget diaorang yang hampir 6-7 kali budget kiter. Tahun ni tak salah 7 bilion(dolar US) lebih buget pertahanan Singapura.

Yang kiter boleh buat adalah untuk meyusahkan pelan pelan diaorang dengan pembelian kecil kiter hingga meraka susah nak menjajah tanah kiter kalau ada perperangan.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2007 12:14 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Robotech at 20-9-2007 11:45 PM

Cock & bull.

The Americans bungled their operations in Somalia. Their excruciating death & subsequent misery before being rescued are their own doings. No thanks to Somalia's irregulars mi ...

had the msians been more professional, there won't be so many dead.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-9-2007 12:40 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by awangmamat at 20-9-2007 10:41 PM
Story still the same.  They can only hit parts of Malaysia.  We can hit everything over there.

bomb our air base? the american F15 squadrons are based permanently here.
bomb our naval base? the american 7th fleet is permanently here too.
bomb our army camp? our soldiers are spread out everywhere in the HDBs along with 1 million expatriates.

no problem with us being small, we are strong enough for you people up there who have no guts to fire at us.
besides, your weapons lack the required CEP to reach us accurately.

btw, do you really think we can only hit parts of MY? dont be an ignorant fool.

take a closer look at your map. do we have to launch our weapons from SG?? the answer is no. we could take out any targets we want in MY from straits of malacca and south china sea. what do you think we bought those stealth frigates, AH64D, F15SG, Gulfstream G550 CAEW and satelites for? they are meant for precision airstrikes on your military assets. we are not interested to take civilian lives as we value our cousins in MY.

move on, people. you are lagging too far behind so pls dont brag here.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2007 12:44 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by gancity at 21-9-2007 12:49 AM
about tis "SG with Himars, encountering the Astros II"... no need discuss is the fact... v brought PT-91M they bring leo... v brought SU-30MKM they bring F-15S... mayb they too much $ so hv to ke ...

hey, you dont see the point here.

for whatever weapon you have, we will have a better one bcos we have more $$ to burn.

so stop wasting your palm oil and bananas to get those weapons. you have better kept those for your ah bang ah dek. they need them.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2007 01:33 AM | Show all posts
if they make us angry, we will simply turn malaysia into parking lot.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2007 02:04 AM | Show all posts
lets be more rational.
This region cant give singapore a nice sense of security unlike small countries in western Europe.if SG is not gonna take care of herself whos gonna care  (pls dont start on UN , US or some nato i think i heard enough of craps ). Singapore deserves better munition due to her economic status and wealth. If MY has the xtra cash and political will, she will probably be like some Arab nations.

The issue is malaysia has neither Xtra Cash, political will nor fantastic international reputation. so why are some MYsian blaming their neighbour for possessing such a weaponary and making silly stuff oh! kaisuland, Small land etc. In fact all these silly stuff/comments actually made SG grow from strength to strength . why not face the reality and stop joking around and get serious. worst part of all after slapping their own face and still thinking its fun with   . Read up or watch some documentaries, your own countrymen economic analysis admit that MY is not pushing hard enough to compete with the world.

----------------------------
judging from the previous posts made by SGrean and MYsian. There are something incommon about the comments made in these threads. Using a same system but if SG System that are  conspicuous superior to that of MY, MY forumers will start with rational discussions however it always ends up into some flaming comments, however systems that are near equivalent more rationality is observed rather than flaming.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2007 02:16 AM | Show all posts
take a closer look at your map. do we have to launch our weapons from SG?? the answer is no. we could take out any targets we want in MY from straits of malacca and south china sea. what do you think we bought those stealth frigates, AH64D, F15SG, Gulfstream G550 CAEW and satelites for? they are meant for precision airstrikes on your military assets. we are not interested to take civilian lives as we value our cousins in MY.

yes. true tat. awang talking about astross and himars i tink. any tom dick and hairy knows that sg can hit anywer in My using airforrce.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2007 08:27 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by edelweiss101 at 21-9-2007 12:44 AM

hey, you dont see the point here.

for whatever weapon you have, we will have a better one bcos we have more $$ to burn.

so stop wasting your palm oil and bananas to get those weapon ...

so u think it's all about competing with u??? so it's all about singapoh la.. oh  ok..i think that is a  'good strategy' to make the enemy burn more money then we do...

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2007 08:32 AM | Show all posts

Reply #71 Debmey's post

..and we can turn singapoh to new town of Atlantis...

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2007 08:46 AM | Show all posts

Reply #68 Debmey's post

Try watching Black Hawk Down, a movie made by Americans..there u can see that the real reasons why theres so many dead US Rangers in Mogadishu...and if it werent for Malaysian Rangers, there would many more US Rangers dead..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-9-2007 09:07 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 21-9-2007 12:14 AM

had the msians been more professional, there won't be so many dead.

try put ur 'pak Guard' battalion instead.. sure there won't be any rangers alive at all..

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2007 09:36 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by IceMallet at 21-9-2007 08:46 AM
Try watching Black Hawk Down, a movie made by Americans..there u can see that the real reasons why theres so many dead US Rangers in Mogadishu...and if it werent for Malaysian Rangers, there woul ...

You msians had a job to do, you did a bad job, there is no honour.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2007 09:44 AM | Show all posts

Reply #81 Debmey's post

Dweeb, how would you know about the mission, from watching Black Hawk Down.  You are in no standing to argue since you weren't there.  SAF was twiddling thumbs, how would you know when real warriors fight.  So how can you talk of honor in combat, because you guys lack that only wayang.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2007 09:46 AM | Show all posts

Reply #71 Debmey's post

Parking lot, puhlease, Dweeb.  You assume too much, maybe if wayang army can get out Geylang first. yes.Dweeb you are so enamored with Uncle Sam's arse you right up there, thinking they can do no wrong, what a pathetic piece of work.  You have now view other than that to kiss up some ang moh.  Wonderful, I always like to see these kind of people who have no backbone, no intestinal fortitude, they just look slimy.

[ Last edited by  capable_warrior at 21-9-2007 09:53 AM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-5-2024 07:53 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062601 second(s), 42 queries .