CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: amazed

Queen Elizabeth II

[Copy link]
Post time 22-11-2012 11:12 AM | Show all posts

Jokes all round: Prince Philip and Kylie Minogue seemed to be somewhat tickled as they chatted away

Long night: The Queen wrapped up with a blue blanket as she made her way home from the Royal Albert Hall

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-11-2012 08:53 PM | Show all posts
Queen of the road goes glamping in a luxury motorhome

Going glamping, Your Majesty? The Queen steps out of a motorhome during a visit to Bailey Caravans in Bristol this morning

Use magic Report

Post time 24-11-2012 08:55 PM | Show all posts

Wonder if she used the chemical loo? The Queen enjoys what Buckingham Palace have said is likely to be her first ever ride in a motorhome

What a trip! The Queen can be seen enjoying the ride in the company's show motorhome, affectionately named Mavis

Use magic Report

Post time 24-11-2012 08:57 PM | Show all posts

Next family holiday? The Royals were reportedly very impressed with the motorhome - although the Duke of Edinburgh offered the manufacturers some advice on design, saying he had designed his own horse boxes

Impressed: The Queen looked delighted to be shown around the motorhome

Use magic Report

Post time 24-11-2012 08:58 PM | Show all posts

One's most excited! The Queen's trip in the motorhome was a first for the monarch, who had never set foot inside one before

All mod cons: The Queen was heard to remark that the motorhome was very well equipped

Use magic Report

Post time 24-11-2012 08:59 PM | Show all posts

Not her natural habitat! The Queen is more used to lavish State rooms and private jets - but nonetheless entered into the motorhome trip with gusto

Royal approval: Prince Philip also took a look around the camper van and was understood to have given a suggestion on layout

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 24-11-2012 09:02 PM | Show all posts

Factory girl: The Queen was shown around the plant by staff members

The Queen wore a spectacular cerise coat and hat - cutting a swathe through the gloomy November day as they stepped off the Royal train for their visit to the Bailey caravan factory in Ashton Vale, Bristol

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh arrive at Bristol Temple Meads railway station for one of the final public engagements to celebrate her Jubilee year

Use magic Report

Post time 18-4-2013 12:53 PM | Show all posts
Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip attended the Ceremonial funeral of former British Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher at St Paul's Cathedral  in London

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KcGLKG ... 0005DC-147_964x636+(1).jpg

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-4-2013 04:12 PM | Show all posts
panjang umo betul QE  nih

Use magic Report

Post time 22-4-2013 09:41 AM | Show all posts
Yesterday : Queen Elizabeth attended the Newbury Races in Berkshire.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-5-2013 06:46 AM | Show all posts
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh visited the armed forces' dedicated rehabilitation centre in Surrey for seriously injured servicemen and women.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-5-2013 07:09 AM | Show all posts
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip accompany with Prince Charles  and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attended the State Opening of Parliament in the House of Lords in London, England.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-5-2013 08:03 PM | Show all posts
masih gagah beliau ni kn.

Use magic Report

Post time 21-5-2013 11:56 AM | Show all posts
Members of the British Royal Family visited Chelsea Flower Show in London.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-CEaHL2 ... RYCHARLES_2568253k+(1).jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-tSd5aA ... /BEATRICE_2568252k+(1).jpg

Use magic Report

Post time 27-8-2013 09:39 PM | Show all posts
Charles waterskiing on a chair, the Queen doing the Twist and Andrew having a kickabout: Candid images of the royals captured by the man Prince Philip wanted sent to the Tower

Photographer Ray Bellisario puts 23,000-strong catalogue and its copyright up for auction for charity  'That bloody Bellisario!' was a constant presence at royal events in the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies Shot Queen on family picnics, Prince Charles waterskiing and Princess Anne as young bathing belle

EXCLUSIVE By Rebecca English

PUBLISHED:21:38 GMT, 25 August 2013| UPDATED: 13:06 GMT, 26 August 2013

He was dubbed London’s first paparazzo, and was so loathed by the Royal Family that Prince Philip suggested sending him to the Tower.

Ray Bellisario - ‘that bloody Bellisario!’, as Princess Margaret used to call him - was a constant presence at royal events in the Fifties, Sixties and Seventies, taking candid shots of the Queen and her family.

Ironically, even those deemed his most ‘controversial’ are unlikely to raise an eyebrow today, but in those rather more deferential times, Bellisario was a thorn in the monarchy’s side, shooting the Queen relaxing on family picnics, Prince Charles waterskiing and Princess Anne as a young bathing belle.

Ones family seat: Prince Charles in June 1970 whizzing across the lake at Sunninghill Park on a chair balanced on a table

On the water: Charles tries his hand at more conventional waterskiing. The photograph was taken by Ray Bellisario - 'that bloody Bellisario!', as Princess Margaret used to call him

Now aged 77, Bellisario is putting his entire 23,000-strong catalogue and its copyright up for auction in aid of charity. It is hoped the collection will raise upwards of £500,000.

Among the many interested parties, it is rumoured, are those with connections to the Royal Family who wish to buy up the lot to take them out of circulation.

It was the year after the young Queen was crowned — 1954 — that the 18-year-old novice photographer, the son of Italian immigrant ice cream sellers, took a picture of her sheltering under an umbrella that was published by several newspapers.

Bellisario realised he was on to something and decided to concentrate his efforts on the Royal Family, but seek something different from the rest of the press pack.

It was a business decision, nothing more, nothing less,’ he recalls from his home in Spain. ‘I used a mixture of common sense and contacts. Of course I got tip-offs, but I also thought about things very laterally.’

Bellisario used to infuriate Prince Philip, who frequently remonstrated with the photographer in the coarsest of terms, also ensuring that he was blacklisted by most British newspapers (although his pictures were published abroad).

It goes like this, Ma'am: The Queen (left) dances the Twist with a friend in a rare unguarded moment at Balmoral in August 1962

The innings and outs of a royal childhood: Prince Andrew bowling in a game of cricket in Holland Park, west London, in July 1967

Some of his photographs, such as the one of Prince Charles sitting on a chair while waterskiing on the lake at Sunninghill Park, Windsor, show a fun side to the Royals, rarely seen in public.

'I used a mixture of common sense and contacts. Of course I got tip-offs, but I also thought about things very laterally'

Ray Bellisario

Bellisario had been standing on a footpath by the lake when he was approached by Princess Margaret’s then husband, Lord Snowdon, who told him: ‘If you hang on we’ll do something that will really make your pictures. Keep an eye out for the chair!’

Bemused, he waited and soon Prince Charles came whizzing past, sitting on an old chair, which had been balanced on an upturned table, with grinning Snowdon at the wheel of the speedboat.

Other images, however, capture some truly historic moments — such as the Queen meeting with her supposedly estranged uncle, the Duke of Windsor, who had come to London in 1965 for eye surgery.

The ‘grey suits’ at Buckingham Palace, as courtiers are often known, publicly and emphatically denied that she had any plans to meet her uncle, given the family’s continuing bitterness over his 1936 abdication.

Costume dramas: Princess Anne (left) suns herself in Malta and Prince Charles (right) cycles in Cambridge as a student, both in 1969

On the ball: A kickabout for Prince Andrew (centre) in 1967. Ray Bellisario is putting his entire 23,000-strong catalogue and its copyright up for auction in aid of charity

The photographer said: ‘The information that I had received, however, was that he was going to the Palace every day to walk in the gardens as part of his recuperation, so I rang the palace once again. “Mr Bellisario,” said the secretary, “how can she be meeting him if there is no contact between them whatsoever?”

‘I hired a room on the 19th floor of the Hilton Hotel on Park Lane, which overlooks the palace gardens, and dusted off my longest lens.

'Sure enough, one afternoon I saw the Duke walking out around the gardens, followed a few yards behind by the Queen with her corgis scampering around her legs. The picture was used in Paris Match as no British newspaper would touch it.’

Eventually, Bellisario tired of his fights with the Royals and went abroad, earning plaudits for his work covering conflicts in Northern Ireland, the Western Sahara and the Nigerian Civil War.

His work inspired him to set up a charity, Reach For Rights. The auction will fund its work providing a free legal service for those without the means to seek help, including the disabled and victims of domestic violence.

Secret meeting: The Queen meeting with her supposedly estranged uncle, the Duke of Windsor, who had come to London in 1965 for eye surgery

Then and now: Photographer Ray Bellisario is pictured in January 1963 (left) and three months ago (right). Bellisario used to infuriate Prince Philip

He says: ‘I am sad to be relinquishing my collection, much of which has not been seen in public before, but it is in aid of a cause about which I am passionate and will, I hope, live long after I am gone.

'Whoever buys it (my collection) will be securing a piece of history'

For the past 40 years, it has been secretly moved from place to place. Whoever buys it will be securing a piece of history.’

Paul Fairweather, from auctioneers Omega, which is organising the sale, adds: ‘This is a truly remarkable collection and we expect there will be significant interest worldwide. It is such a unique collection, with nothing ever having come up for sale previously to compare it to.

‘We expect the collection to achieve somewhere in the region of between £500,000 and £1million.’

Use magic Report

Post time 2-7-2014 02:57 AM | Show all posts
Queen receives warm welcome in Chelmsford  May 2 2014

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-7-2014 02:58 AM | Show all posts
http://www.express.co.uk/news/ro ... ingham-Palace-Party

Sssh! Prince Philip may have marked his 93rd birthday but the Palace keeps it quiet

Prince Philip, never one to make a fuss about his big day nor to suffer fools gladly, was keen to avoid trite conversation about being a year older.

He met some of the 8,000 guests enjoying blazing sunshine in the 40-acre garden, but they were “advised” by his ushers not to wish him a happy birthday. 
Taina Teegan, from the children’s charity Variety, said: “As the Duke is a patron of Variety, we held a 90th birthday party for him. But today we were told not to wish him happy birthday.“Maybe it just gets a bit boring or annoying for him if everyone says it. It was great to meet him though, he has a very good sense of humour.”

Use magic Report

Post time 2-7-2014 02:58 AM | Show all posts
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video ... WW1-volunteers.html

The Queen and Prince Philip pay tribute to WW1 volunteers

The Queen and Prince Philip have paid tribute to First World War volunteers during Solemn Drumhead Service of Remembrance at Royal Hospital Chelsea.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-7-2014 10:54 PM | Show all posts
Queen in ancient Knights of the Thistle service in Edinburgh, 03-07-2014

Use magic Report

Post time 4-7-2014 10:55 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

14-5-2024 12:54 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.143486 second(s), 41 queries .