Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 41204|Reply: 309

Need explanations regarding some of Bible verses

[Copy link]
Post time 20-1-2009 10:39 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Assalamu'alaikum and good morning...

I am opening this thread as keeping to my word to a fellow forumer.

here is what I've said to him :

it's in the thread I am an Ex-Muslim Convert from Belgium

post #171
You see, there are contradictions in the bible which I'm sorry I can't present it now.The authenticity of John is being questioned here, you know.  I'll try and posted it anywhere soon and I'll give u a heads-up on the info.

so here is the thread about it. I hope this won't bring any name-calling or any provoking and stupid remarks. If you can't explain it to me, fine, but you don't have to reply with sarcasm or stupid and low mentality statement, mmmmm'kay?

The Quran tells us (and it's actually an acid-test) :

Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein Much discrepancy. (Miraculous Quran;4:82)

This verse actually gave us a test if a person wanna claim that "this book is from God". Let's put this test to the Bible.

1. In 2 Kings 8:26, we can read :

Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem.  And his mother's name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel.

But later in 2 Chronicles 2:22, we read :

Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem.  His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri.

Are they (the verse) referring to the same "Ahaziah"? If this is an error in translating then please, explain it to us so that we can understand it better.

2. In John , chapter 5, verse 31, it was recorded that Jesus Christ said :

If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.

Later, in John, chapter 8, verse 14, recorded that Jesus Christ said :

Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

If these two things are different, then please explain to me using the context or the original language or whatever which escapes my attention, regarding the verses.

3. There are contradictions about the time when Jesus Christ was crucified. In three of the Gospel (Mark, Matthew, Luke), they say :

Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. (Matthew;27:45)

And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour. (Mark;15:33)

And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. (Luke;23:44)

but in the Gospel of John, chapter 19, verse 44, it says :

And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King! (John;19:44)

All the three gospel said that on the sixth hour on that day, Jesus Christ was already on the cross, while in John, on the sixth hour of the day, Jesus Christ was still in the court of Pilate.

If there's explanations, I would be more than happy to read and understand it. If these are already answered, please give me the link and the posting number (if it's answered in a forum) so that I may read it and fully understand the explanations.

Thanks in advance!

[ Last edited by  DivinePonytail at 31-1-2009 09:48 AM ]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-1-2009 11:06 AM | Show all posts
Great post. But tio be fair, will you take a challenge on the Quran in return? Its call a one for one. If you disagree, your challenge will become meaningless.
Ready when you are sir.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-1-2009 11:16 AM | Show all posts

Balas #2 Debmey\ catat

challenge?

i'm not CHALLENGING you, nor am I PROVOKING YOU.

All I'm asking is a simple explanations about those verse above, and I am NOT saying that they are 100% contradictions.

now why on Earth are you challenging a person who's only ASKING FOR YOUR EXPLANATIONS? you feel THAT vulnerable? sheeshhhh...

I'm not here to quarrel with you, mey mey. If you can't answer it, fine. I'm ok with that. It's not even addressed to you in the first place.

Let's here your answer on the my first postings, ok? If you can't answer, then fine.

If u wanna challenge me, then by all means, open up a new thread and answer these questions about these contradicted statement in the Bible. I don't wanna destroy this thread with your sarcasm and other devilish and twisting words.

and I might give a late reply due to the fact that I'm deciphering Truth.8's explanations about proof in the Bible that Palestine belonged to the Jew.

[ Last edited by  gunblade712 at 20-1-2009 11:26 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 20-1-2009 11:42 AM | Show all posts
Really? so can i ask question in return of the quran and you tell me the answer then?
Why you so scared? I'm not scared, why shld you?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-1-2009 12:08 PM | Show all posts

Balas #4 Debmey\ catat

go ahead. no one stops your from asking, right?

but by all means, do it in another thread. You do learn about respect in your schooldays, right?

I take it that you are not here to answer my question regarding those verses above, ok?

scared? Why should I be scared? It seems that you felt vulnerable up to a point that you challenged me even though I am just asking for an explanations regarding biblical verses AND THIS IS NOT ADDRESSED TO YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Don't worry, I won't mock you if you can't answer this. I'm not like you, you know....

So, go and open a new thread asking about the Quran, and we'll see what we can explain to you, ok? make it clear, though.

[ Last edited by  gunblade712 at 20-1-2009 12:10 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-1-2009 05:35 PM | Show all posts
tiada penerangan daripada Truth.8 mahupun debmey tentang perkara ini.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 31-1-2009 09:46 AM | Show all posts

Good post i agree! Troublemakers are warned to stay away from this thread.

Use magic Report

Post time 31-1-2009 11:51 PM | Show all posts
The post starter himself is a troublemaker.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-2-2009 12:31 AM | Show all posts

Balas #8 Debmey\ catat

this person lacks of knowledge in his own religion.

to post is to discuss.to discuss is to gain knowledge.to gain knowledge is to be used to think wisely.

this person have refused to follow that reasonable cycle of gaining knowledge.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-2-2009 08:34 AM | Show all posts

Balas #8 Debmey\ catat

which of my sentences shows that I'm starting a trouble?

Just because you can't explain the question to me doesn't mean that it's a provoking question.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2009 01:43 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by gunblade712 at 1-2-2009 08:34 AM
which of my sentences shows that I'm starting a trouble?

Just because you can't explain the question to me doesn't mean that it's a provoking question.

i think this question has been answered before..
and if i am not mistaken, the best answer debmey can give us is "typist error"
feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

cheers

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2009 07:00 AM | Show all posts
How can GB not be a provocator when he keeps challenging the Bible w/o answrring questions on the quran?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-2-2009 09:29 AM | Show all posts

Balas #12 Debmey\ catat

I'm not even challenging the bible.

Read my first postings and tell me which of my words sounds like a challenge to you.

If I remember correctly, it was you who barge in here and starting to threw a challenge at me.

Like I say, troublemakers (like you) are not welcome here. If you can't explain my question, it's ok. You don't have to feel offended and barge in here and distract me from my initial question.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2009 11:59 AM | Show all posts

Balas #12 Debmey\ catat

debmey is stuck......
try to runaway from answering gb's question.......
as usual.....
the best solution is to get out from this thread.......
before you are humiliating yourself and the the fellow christian of yours..... ahahahahahahaha......

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2009 12:17 PM | Show all posts
This verse actually gave us a test if a person wanna claim that "this book is from God". Let's put this test to the Bible.

This came from your first post.
How can it not be a challenge to the Bible? you see what a liar you are?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-2-2009 12:29 PM | Show all posts

Balas #15 Debmey\ catat

you take THAT as a challenge?

if you take that word out of context of my postings, of course people would misinterpret it as a challenge.

take a look at my postings carefully. I'm putting a test which my religion taught me, to your book, because you claimed that it is a word of God.

LATER ON, I ASK IF THERE IS AN EXPLANATIONS TO SUCH PROBLEMS WHICH I'VE STUMBLED UPON IN THE BIBLE. This is what I say :

If there's explanations, I would be more than happy to read and understand it. If these are already answered, please give me the link and the posting number (if it's answered in a forum) so that I may read it and fully understand the explanations.

so which part of it is considered "a challenge"? The challenge exist only in your mind, debmey, because I've asked if there is an explanation to such issue. As far as I know, you are the ones who barge in here and say :

Great post. But tio be fair, will you take a challenge on the Quran in return? Its call a one for one. If you disagree, your challenge will become meaningless.
Ready when you are sir.

like i say, the challenge comes from you, not me.

besides, I've answered your "challenge" on my post #5. The ball is in your court.

but first thing's first. Is there any good Christians out there who can explain to me my question on post #1?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-2-2009 12:57 PM | Show all posts

Balas #16 gunblade712\ catat

Ko cakap dlm bm aje, gerenti dia tak kacau punya.
Anggap aje ler dia pi perosak majlis, senang.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-2-2009 01:00 PM | Show all posts

Balas #17 airfilterkotor\ catat

nahhh... nnt dia akan cakap aku cuba lari daripada perbincangan, walhal aku seboleh2 nak dia terangkan kepada aku posting #1 aku.

aku tak tahulah samada debmey boleh terangkan atau dia cuba lari daripada topic, but one thing for sure, no explanations from debmey.

it's ok. it was not meant for debmey in the first place.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2009 01:07 PM | Show all posts
I can post a challenge and put it that If there's explanations, I would be more than happy to read and understand it. If these are already answered, please give me the link and the posting number (if it's answered in a forum) so that I may read it and fully understand the explanations.

It is still a challenge.

No more lies GB, just admit you are a liar me fren.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-2-2009 01:46 PM | Show all posts
Laa....ni mana punya kaki mabok suda masuk sini mau chalen-chalen orang nih..?
Dah la sikit2 minum, sikit2 minum....

Perusak majlis la dia ni.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 05:13 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.069220 second(s), 44 queries .