Your splendid wings

Don’t be afraid; you can do it
With a little wriggle,
Spread your wings and fly up

You shine like the sun
Though that world cruelly stands in your way
Oh, shining one, I love you.
Fly way over there so the world can see you…..”

The Butterfly sang by Loveholic is being played among the playlist of Wen’s Window Media Player. One of the songs which Wen enjoys to hear when she’s feels like listening to music.
A pair of earphone occupies both of her ears.

It is a motivational song.It told a story of a butterfly who grew in its cycle of metamorphosis, from egg into the larva. From a larva to pupa, then becoming the beautiful butterfly which can actually fly high.

"Observe how wonderful Allah's creation, a piece of sticky mass glue to the back of leaves. When it is just a larva or pupa, the world make fun of its existence.When it is just a larva or a pupa, it can neither move nor fly anywhere it wishes to be. But time decides, when the knowledge is gaining, the power is obtains, that despicable larva or pupa who actually stick to the infamous leaves of a tree before, can now fly high and become the one of the most beautiful creatures that being adored by the world.

"So, do not give up easily. It so often happens that the last key opens the door. Keep on trying, till the end. We don't know what tomorrow offers us,"uttered Wen in clenched her fist.

"Chaiyok!(Fighting!)"Ending her stories with a fist going up.

“Some men go fishing all their lives without realizing that it is not fish they are after,” said Ann one day when Wen told her the story about this Butterfly song.

Wen keeps thinking what that really means, and then she realized that we must know our goals. If we blindly do something without knowing what we are aiming for is like filling water inside a leaked sack. At the end you gain nothing, only useless sweats.

“So the key here is to know your goals and never give up on achieving it,” murmur Wen in between her teeth.

Wen opens the diary, she scribbles some words, the thoughts of her journey float.

A piece of paper being scratches with words.

“What are you doing?”asked Dan, Edros’s childhood friend which is also his best buddy.

Dan is also a medical student. They shared the same apartment in the city of Karo.

A 5’ feet 5’ inch tall with black hair is looking directly at how engrossed Edros, who shares the same height, arranging his bundle of books. Dan knows his friends madness over books.In their small apartment, there is one small portion of port for Edros’s bookshelf, which he has been calling them as his magical traveling tool.

Dan used to visit Edros house in their homeland. In Edros’s house,they even have a big room resides thousands of books from different genre. His parents own a bookstore in their homeland,which explains their son craziness for books.

While organizing the books, a piece of paper pops out.

“Some men go fishing all their lives without realizing that it is not fish they are after.”

Another piece of paper slip out from the book “Isabella”he used to lend to Mary’s friend.
Mary is his junior in medical school. Edros always generously spread his books to be shared by others. He believes everybody deserve to read. So he lends most of his books to acquaintances or strangers as long as they promised to read it and take good care of it.

This time it is a pink color paper. There is some kind of poem as he assumed it is.

“The foolish world doesn’t know you
It can’t see you when you are hidden in regret
I know; I see you
Your splendid wings

Don’t be afraid; you can do it
With a little wriggle,
Spread your wings and fly up

You shine like the sun
Though that world cruelly stands in your way
Oh, shining one, I love you.
Fly way over there so the world can see you…..”

“What a beautiful poem,”murmured Edros.

He takes both the papers and puts them in his drawer.

“I will give these to Mary later.”

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 22-6-2012 04:59 AM | Show all posts
great story! Good grammar....keep it up!

p/s: beng skang pun salu duk makan wara' inab tu...hehe. ...
kambeng_masam Post at 22-6-2012 03:50

terima kasih
betul2 macam sushi/kimbab...slalu jugak makan yg dgn nori tu letak inti tuna yummi..
penah skali je makan wara' inab sedap. penah tanya kawan camne nak buat, tpi x terbuat lagi sebab tak terbeli daun anggur tu

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-6-2012 07:50 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by akai/11 at 22-6-2012 08:26

[10]

“Ting!” “Tong!”

“Announcing the departure of London, flight number WY02018.” A woman’s voice vividly heard echoing the hall of departure where Edros and Dan are sitting at one of the chairs.

Edros is sipping a cup of mocha cappuccino at his right hand and a book titled “Aleph” by Paulo Coelho at his left hand. Dan with his iPad engaged playing some games. His head moves up and down following the rhythm coming from his earphone.

Wen and Ann rushed towards airport entrance. They missed their morning bus to Karo’s airport.

“Thanks God. We arrive on time,” said Ann in between breathes.

“Let’s check in!”

While rushing towards counter, Wen bumped into a man, wearing a cap which obstructs her view of the man’s face. Books fall scattered.

Wen took the tulip diary, putting it into her bag.
She took the flight ticket on the floor, which she put earlier inside her diary.

After saying sorry the man disappears. He also seems in a hurry.

After a visit to one of the WC in the airport,Edros assembles all the books that he bought at the airport bookstore before they all fall during the earlier accident with the girl.

While arranging the books, he notices something is weird with his diary. The covering is slightly differs from his.He opens the first page and learns that their diary has been switched.

Edros tries hard to find the girl he bumped onto earlier, but failed. He returns to the accident spot. He thought she might come back looking for her diary. But to no avail, there is no sign of her.

Edros opens the first page of the diary that being switched.

The first page of the book reveals,

“Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (With the name of Allah the All-merciful, the Very-merciful)…”

This book is now belongs to you. I entrust you with this book. You must take good care of it.

Before that I must ask you to follow a few regulations, if you have any intentions of disobey them, then you can just leave this book at the place you found it as it was. You must promise to obey all the regulations stated as in the next page;

The next page shows another set of fine handwriting;

1. You must believe in Allah.

2. Allah is the only God exist in this world.

3. You must follow all Allah’s commands and leave all the prohibitions.

4. You must practice the 5 pillar of Islam (Rukun Islam) and believe in the tenets of faith(Rukun Iman).

5. You must do all the things that Moslem should do.

I will tell you a secret…

The words ended. Edros turns to the next page.

Congratulation!

You must obey what you had promised earlier.You must keep your promises, protect it!

Now write down your journey in this book.

Then he flicks to the next page;

If you wish for something, believe Allah is the Almighty.
Write down your wish in this book.

Close your eye.

Imagine what you wish for.

Work for it.

Place an intention of “I’m seeking for God’s blessing!” inside your heart. Keep repeating it.

Push all the negative thinkings.

Place it with only positive thinkings.

Avoid the usage words of “if”, “if only”,“but”.

Imagine your aims.

Work for it.

Pray!

Keep repeating why you are doing this,“because I’m seeking for Allah’s blessing”.

Work for it.

Pray!

Open the Glorious Quran, seek for guidance.

Believe Allah can make your dreams reality.

Believe in Allah!

Believe in Allah!

Believe in Allah!

With God’s will your dream shall be visible right before your eyes.

All the best!

May Allah bless you always.

The others page told a story of that girl…..

"One of our best friends during university's year has a bachelor son. They really hope that you will be their daughter-in-law. It is up to you to decide. Me and dad will accept your decision," said Wen's Mom one day during one of her summer break.

The arrangements for the marriage are being prepared by both families.
Wen has finally saying yes to her parents about the proposal.

"He is a doctor. He is in his housemen ship training in HUSM"
"I heard he is also studied in Elps"
Her mother's words flow as she opens her mouth describing the so called Wen's future husband.

Wen is in her 4th year year now when her mother brings to light that marriage proposal.
At first she refuse to listen, but then she begins to think rationally.
She accepts the proposal after performing several times of "Istikarah" prayers.

"Istikarah" prayer is a prayer asking Allah to show guidance in making decision. It is not only used when someone wants to choose spouse, but it can be perform as an additional ritual asking Allah to give guidances in between two choices.

Wen performed "Istikarah" prayer after her Maghrib prayer daily. She will rotate either to perform "Istikarah" or "Taubah" or "Hajat" prayers.
Sometimes, she did all of them at the same times.

"Insya Allah this is the right choice. I believe in Allah," whispered Wen in her heart.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-6-2012 08:38 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by akai/11 at 22-6-2012 08:46

[Final]

“Ahmad Daniel Haris”
“Yes”
“Are you ready?”
“Yes I am”
“I hereby with the authority bestowed upon me will unite Ahmad Daniel Haris with Nur Hawa Aisyah or Tina Ghaith in a marriage bond with the dowry of 50 yools”
Tina ends up married to a doctor, a handsome one, which is to Wen’s surprise, is her husband’s best buddy, Dan.

Edros holds Wen’s hand. Two pairs of eyes meet. Wen smiles.
“Alhamdulillah.” Wen’s mouth is praising the God as the phrases “Sah!” “Sah!” are being quoted by the people in the ceremony.

A pair of tiny hands reaches Wen’s hand, pulling sides to sides, using his two front teeth making a weird sound.
“Ahmad Fateh Mukhlis,”said Edros.

“I’m sorry. I’m thirsty, Ummi.”
“Abi, I want to drink something”

Monologue;
“Who could have thought that this is the same man that shouted crazily at the top of mountain of sand when I found that tulip diary.
Who could have thought that I’m actually married to a man who actually holds my Butterfly song lyric all this while in his diary, who thought it is some kind of poem.
Who could have thought that we bump into each other at the airport and exchanging the same tulip diary, the cover is just the same. It looks like a duplicate. He got the diary from her mother and I got mine somewhere in the desert.
Who could have thought that my parents and his parents are actually friends from their university life. They used to joke in their younger age, “When we have children, how about we match them with each others.”  
Who could have thought that me and Edros is blessed with a baby boy, Ahmad Fateh Mukhlis bin Ahmad Edros.
Who could have thought that Ahmad Edros bin Ahmad Shariff is my destined husband“

The last full stop for the last sentence is being jotted down by Wen’s blue ballpen at the very last page of the diary. There is a short note at the edge of the diary.

“This book has no secret power at all. It is you who use your own mind power, to make things in your life possible. Once you believe in Allah, there is always ways. ”

“And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.”
[Al-Baqarah : 186]

Even though the pages of the diary has come to an end, Wen’s life is just at the beginning. Her journey will continue without the blank pages of the tulip diary to be scratched at.
Thanks Allah. Alhamdulillah...

Wen
2.33 am
22 Jun 2012

Use magic Report

Post time 22-6-2012 04:31 PM | Show all posts
Habis dah ke? Ini cerpen ek? Bukan novel?
Anyway, for tina... Barakallah Lakuma from Maher Zain

ps kaka fatehana...
new story is on going

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-6-2012 07:43 PM | Show all posts
Habis dah ke? Ini cerpen ek? Bukan novel?
Anyway, for tina... Barakallah Lakuma from Maher Zain
ladyFinger12 Post at 22-6-2012 16:31

aah, cerpen je kot dlu. baru nk merangkak, takut nnti byk mengarut tah apa2 nga engerih yg carca marba tu..
terima kasih sudi baca sampai habis..
macam mana dgn jalan cerita yg mcm ni? patut kembangkan lagi tak plot2 cerita tu?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-6-2012 12:33 AM | Show all posts
terima kasih
betul2 macam sushi/kimbab...slalu jugak makan yg dgn nori tu letak inti t ...
akai/11 Post at 22-6-2012 04:59

beng salu makan wara 'inab tu pun sebab kat mess room ni chef salu buat tetiap minggu....takdelah sedap mana pada tekak beng...cuma senang nak makan kalau rasa tingin makan nasi...

anyways....keep your good work up...Wen!  

Use magic Report

Post time 24-6-2012 10:11 AM | Show all posts
aah, cerpen je kot dlu. baru nk merangkak, takut nnti byk mengarut tah apa2 nga engerih yg ...
akai/11 Post at 22-6-2012 19:43

jln cerita jadik simple sbb cerpen. kalau dikembangkan sure lebih menarik.watak tina boleh dikembangkan sampai mcm mana dia jumpa doktor tu
watak wen pulak... mula2 baca ingatkan single lagik... sbb tu i wish anonymous tu lelaki. hehe..
kalau nak tambah perencah cinta bleh jadikkan tina tu lelaki dan tina tu jugak anonymous
pastu citerkan life wen b4 ni as a flash back pun boleh.

Anyway, dah tamat pun kan citer ni?

good try anyway. lebih2 lagi ditulis dlm english. Wa suspek lu!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 25-6-2012 04:00 AM | Show all posts
jln cerita jadik simple sbb cerpen. kalau dikembangkan sure lebih menarik.watak tina boleh dikemba ...
ladyFinger12 Post at 24-6-2012 10:11

Tu la ingat nak panjangkan lagi. tapi karang ni masa tengah cuti pendek hari tu. bila nk habis cuti nak kasi cepat2 habis.
Insya Allah lain kali, nak cuba lagi.
Terima kasih atas tunjuk ajar. Nanti kasi tunjuk ajar lagi ek
orang kata kalau berlatih menulis guna bhasa engerih blh mantapkan engerih, tu yang nk cuba..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-6-2012 04:25 AM | Show all posts
beng salu makan wara 'inab tu pun sebab kat mess room ni chef salu buat tetiap minggu....t ...
kambeng_masam Post at 23-6-2012 00:33

mess room tu apa?
beng keja apa? bestnya chef salu buat. akai suka wara' inab. kalo dpt mkn kdg2. Wen pun suka gak rasanya. mesti chef buat makanan lain gak kan..
meleleh bila teringat mkanan

Use magic Report

Post time 25-6-2012 06:58 AM | Show all posts
mess room tu apa?
beng keja apa? bestnya chef salu buat. akai suka wara' inab. kalo dpt  ...
akai/11 Post at 25-6-2012 04:25

mess room kiranya galley lah..or tempat makan....atas kapal/oil rig/ offshore oil platform.

kat sini makanannya arabian n indian food. chef dari india sama egypt. so by weekly salu lah depa wat wara' inab tu....pastu mandi rice (nasi arab dihidang bersama kambing panggang)....byk makanan egyptian la mostly.

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic
Dividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
AbahmungDividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
Views : 1718 Replies : 0
Penghantar makanan rugi RM82,000 ditipu skim pelaburan tidak wujud
ultra78Penghantar makanan rugi RM82,000 ditipu
Views : 7400 Replies : 31
Betulkah orang bukan Melayu tak makan kedai Melayu?
YgBenarBetulkah orang bukan Melayu tak makan ke
Views : 5746 Replies : 34
Pempengaruh maut ditembak di restoran
mojarean_XPempengaruh maut ditembak di restoran
Views : 9428 Replies : 2
TERKINI!!! Azam Baki dilantik semula Ketua Pesuruhjaya SPRM
mojarean_XTERKINI!!! Azam Baki dilantik semula Ket
Views : 1665 Replies : 3
‘Dulu RM191, Sekarang RM429’ – Kenaikan Mendadak Cukai Pintu Di Selangor Mengejutkan Penduduk
YgBenar‘Dulu RM191, Sekarang RM429’ – Kenaik
Views : 15155 Replies : 57
Restoran Kantan Datin Isma
AngelFreakyAFRestoran Kantan Datin Isma
Views : 29283 Replies : 219
comel
rospinkicomel
Views : 7212 Replies : 47
Isteri curang?
Lavender85Isteri curang?
Views : 9609 Replies : 32
tajuk apa yg sesuai
Mrperfect2tajuk apa yg sesuai
Views : 7158 Replies : 33

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

10-5-2024 05:32 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.064829 second(s), 33 queries .