Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: whitedove

Japanese Entertainment News & Info HERE! [part VI]

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 23-3-2013 02:50 AM | Show all posts
Sasaki Nozomi graduates from fashion magazine ‘non-no’

On the May issue of women’s fashion magazine ‘non-no‘, it was announced that model/actress Sasaki Nozomi has graduated from being the magazine’s regular model.

Sasaki had been active as the magazine’s regular model since January of 2010. Since then, she has appeared on the cover of the magazine many times, becoming the face of ‘non-no’.

While she has graduated, Sasaki is scheduled to appear at the magazine’s event on June 1st as the MC. She plans to focus her efforts on her acting career from here on.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... on-magazine-non-no/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 23-3-2013 02:53 AM | Show all posts
Kawabata Kaname announces first solo album + summer tour

CHEMISTRY’s Kawabata Kaname, who started his solo activities last fall, has announced that he will be releasing his first solo album, “0“, in June. He will also be holding a solo live tour called ‘KANAME KAWABATA LIVE TOUR 2013: 0‘ this summer.

Kawabata made an appearance at ‘TSUTAYA presents 2012 WINTER CAMPAIGN T-GROOOVE Original Live in TOKYO‘ on March 17th at Shinkiba STUDIO COAST. With 4 back-up dancers, he performed his debut song, “TOKYO GIRL“. During his MC segment, he made his album and tour announcement. He also performed his song, “You“, which will be included in his new album, for the very first time.

His upcoming tour will kick off on July 5th at LIQUIDROOM ebisu. More details can be seen below.

===

<KANAME KAWABATA LIVE TOUR 2013 “0″>

Friday, July 5th – LIQUIDROOM ebisu (Tokyo)
Sunday, July 14th – Sapporo PENNY LANE24 (Hokkaido)
Saturday, July 20th – Fukuoka DRUM LOGOS (Fukuoka)
Wednesday, July 31st – Zepp Nagoya (Aichi)
Saturday, August 3rd – Namba Hatch (Osaka)

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... -album-summer-tour/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-3-2013 02:55 AM | Show all posts
Nogizaka46’s Shiraishi Mai to become an exclusive model for fashion magazine “Ray”

Idol group Nogizaka46 member Shiraishi Mai (20) will be an exclusive model for fashion magazine “Ray”.  This is the first exclusive model contract for any Nogizaka46 member.  Shiraishi will appear in the May issue of the magazine which will be available for purchase on March 23.

Shiraishi, who is a fashion lover and avid reader of “Ray”, guest-modeled for the magazine three times last year.  During that time, the editorial department was charmed by Shiraishi, which is how she landed the contract.  Shiraishi commented happily, “I want to become a multi-talented person who can act and model, among other things.  I will be thrilled if I can increase the number of female fans for (the group and myself).”

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... shion-magazine-ray/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-3-2013 02:57 AM | Show all posts
Sakanaction to hold their first overseas one-man live

Sakanaction will be holding their very first overseas one-man live on June 15th at THE WALL Taipei in Taiwan.

The band will be kicking off their nationwide tour, ‘SAKANAQUARIUM 2013‘, on March 27th to coincide with the release of their latest album, “sakanaction” (released March 13th). While they have performed at the live event, ‘HighApps‘, in Taiwan last year, this will be their first show there without any supporting acts.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... rseas-one-man-live/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-3-2013 02:59 AM | Show all posts
HKT48 to sing the ending theme for anime “My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic”

HKT48’s song “Kataomoi no Karaage (Amakuchi Hime)” has been chosen as the ending theme song for the upcoming TV anime “My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic“. The song is one of the coupling tracks that will be included in Type-A for their debut single “Suki! Suki! Skip!” (to be released on March 20th).

The group appeared at the anime’s premiere as secret guests and performed the song. The members also watched the anime at the premiere, and Miyawaki Sakura said, “Though I’m a high school girl, I still enjoyed the anime. I hope the viewers find their favorite pony through this anime.”

Seiyu unit “Milky Holmes” members (Mimori Suzuko, Tokui Sora, Sasaki Mikoi, Kitta Izumi), who lend their voices for the anime, also made appearances.

“My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic” will start airing on April 2nd on TV Tokyo.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... riendship-is-magic/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-3-2013 03:01 AM | Show all posts
Sexy Zone to release a new double A-side single in May

Five-member group Sexy Zone will be releasing their first single for 2013, titled “Real Sexy!/BAD BOYS” on May 1st.

One of the title tracks “Real Sexy!” will be the theme song for Fuji TV’s variety show “Cho Sennyu! Real Scope Hyper“, while the other track will be used as the theme song for member Nakajima Kento’s starring drama “BAD BOYS J“, which will start airing in April on NTV.

This double A-side single will come with limited edition A, B, and C, as well as a regular edition.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... de-single-in-may-2/

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 23-3-2013 03:02 AM | Show all posts
mihimaru GT announces indefinite hiatus

mihimaru GT have announced that they will be going on an indefinite hiatus on December 31st of this year.

The reason for their hiatus is “to step up their individual artist activities even further.” As such, hiroko (Vo) and mitsuyuki miyake (Composer) plan to each continue their activities on their own. Their final activity as an unit will be their 10th anniversary one-man live on September 16th and 22nd.

mihimaru GT formed back in January of 2003 and made their major debut with “Yakusoku” in July of the same year. They just released their all-time best-of album, “10th Anniversary BEST 2003-2013“, and PV collection, “mihimaClip5“, on March 20th.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... -indefinite-hiatus/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-3-2013 03:04 AM | Show all posts
HKT48’s debut single sells over 200,000 copies on the first day

AKB48’s sister group HKT48 that is based in Hakata, Fukuoka, made their CD debut on March 20th, and held a handshake event at Yomiuri Land Open Theater EAST, which 5,000 fans attended.

It’s been a year and 4 months since HKT48 made their theater performance debut on November 26, 2011. The members, who have finally met their goal to make a CD debut since the formation, announced to the fans happily and cheerfully, “We, HKT48, made our CD debut today! And this is our first nationwide handshake event as HKT48 solely.”

During the event, the girls performed a total of 5 songs including the debut song.

After performing their debut song “Suki! Suki! Skip!“, member Sashihara Rino, who transferred to the group from AKB48, back in June of 2012, was moved to tears by looking at the venue filled with many fans. Sashihara explained to the fellow members the reason for her tears, “Because, I was thinking that not many people would come to this event. I was moved to see that many people attended as some people can’t even sit down. I’m happy.”

Seeing Sashihara shedding tears, Tashima Meru, who served as the center for the debut song, wept in sympathy. When asked why she cried, Tashima said, “Tears just came out when I saw Sasshi-san crying.” She also said regarding her center position, “At first I was not sure what to do as I was full of anxiety and pressure, but now I feel like I don’t want to waste this chance.”

According to Oricon’s daily ranking for March 20, HKT48’s debut single “Suki! Suki! Skip!” sold 205,278 copies on its release day. It seems they are likely to top the next weekly chart.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... s-on-the-first-day/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 23-3-2013 03:07 AM | Show all posts
Nakao Akiyoshi & Naka Riisa are getting married + expecting a baby

It was announced that actor Nakao Akiyoshi (24) and actress Naka Riisa (23) are getting married. It was also revealed that Naka is currently three months pregnant, and they are expecting their first baby this fall.

The couple wrote via a FAX, which was released through Nakao’s agency, “We’ve been very good friends ever since we first met 4 years ago, but we respect each other, and believe firmly that we will be able to build a happy family if it’s with each other. Therefore, we have decided to marry. Our password is ‘BIG LOVE’. With this word, we will walk through our lives.”

They co-starred with each other for the first time in a movie “Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo” back in March of 2009, and co-stared again in NHK drama “Tsurukame Josanin” (aired in August 2012). They started dating after the filming for the drama ended in October of last year.

They have not decided on any certain plans for the wedding ceremony and reception party, but they will register their marriage after fixing the date. Also, Naka will try to make a comeback as soon as possible after the birth while considering her condition.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... d-expecting-a-baby/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-3-2013 03:08 AM | Show all posts
Hi-Fi CAMP to disband after their last live in June

To coincide with vocalist SOYA’s (29) withdrawal from the group, Hi-Fi CAMP have announced that they will be disbanding after their last live on June 4th in Sendai.

SOYA will be withdrawing from the group as he wished, “I want to pursue my potential as an individual.“ After discussing it among the members many times, they reached a conclusion that “Hi-Fi CAMP without SOYA isn’t Hi-Fi CAMP,” and decided to disband. The disbandment will be “the start of a new music life” as the members will each continue with their music activities.

Their nationwide tour starting on May 3rd in Sendai will be carried out as planned. The final live will be held on their 5th anniversary, June 4th, in their hometown Sendai. Furthermore, their August 18th show at Sendai Sun Plaza Hall has been canceled.

Hi-Fi CAMP formed in January of 2007 and made their major debut in June of 2008. The same year, they provided the song, “Kono Toki“, to SMAP which topped Oricon’s weekly chart. Their highest ranking release was their 1st album, “1st BEST” (released August 2009), in 8th place.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... -last-live-in-june/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-3-2013 02:28 AM | Show all posts
Ken Watanabe joins cast of Hollywood's 2nd go at 'Godzilla'
ENTERTAINMENT MAR. 22, 2013 - 06:36AM JST ( 30 )

TOKYO —
Japanese actor Ken Watanabe, 53, has joined the cast of the second attempt by Hollywood to make “Godzilla.” Filming began in Vancouver this week.

Directed by Gareth Edwards, the film will be the first 3D version of “Godzilla.” Other cast members include David Strathairn, Juliette Binoche, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Bryan Cranston and Elizabeth Olsen. The plot is being kept under wraps for now.

This marks Watanabe’s 8th Hollywood movie. Watanabe told Japanese media that as a Godzilla fan himself, he is thrilled to be in the film, Sankei Shimbun reported. He said Godzilla, which has been around in movies since 1954, is part of his childhood memories.

Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures said the film will be released on May 16, 2014.

Source: http://www.japantoday.com/catego ... -2nd-go-at-godzilla

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-3-2013 02:29 AM | Show all posts
NMB48’s Shinohara Kanna announces her graduation

On March 21, NMB48 member Shinohara Kanna announced her graduation from the group during the theater performance held at NMB48 theater.

Shinohara also wrote on NMB48’s official blog,

=====

“I, Shinohara Kanna, will be graduating from NMB48. I’ve been in NMB48 as a first generation member since I was a first year student in junior high, but I was never one of the front-line members.

I always had a dream to be a model, and I never forget my wish to make the dream come true.

After I was promoted to team N, I have experienced many things up until now. There were many fun and happy things, but of course there has been hard and disappointing things as well.

Even though I was a part of Senbatsu members for the 1st single ‘Zetsumetsu Kurokami Shoujo’, I have not been chosen as a part of single Senbatsu since then.

I have been putting forth my best efforts after I failed (to be chosen for Senbatsu), but it was not enough, and I could not make a good announcement for you fans due to my inadequacy. I am really sorry for you all.

I have also been said that ‘why are you in team N’ at handshake event. I was really sad, and I’ve even wished that I was never promoted to team N, but at the same time, I also thought that it was inevitable as I had nothing to be confident about.

However, I tried to think positively up to today. All I can say to you now is that I’m glad to be in team N! Being able to stand on the same stage with this wonderful members, to visit many places for tour, to laugh about silly things, and to frolic around…it was so much fun!!!

Even though there were times I suffered some hardships, and was scared to attend handshake events, I was still able to enjoy the events naturally and I felt comfortable just by thinking that there were people who waited for me, wanted to see me, wanted to cheer for me.

Thank you for saying that you loved somebody like me.

Thank you for supporting me.

I was happy to be able to encounter wonderful people like you fans and the members!!! I love NMB48members.

I will try my best to pursue my dream to be a model!!!

I can’t be too dependent on NMB48 forever. Now that I graduated from a junior high school, I am taking a new step forward.

I would be happy if you support me when you see the name ‘Shinohara Kanna’ somewhere again.

Thank you for everything, and for your continuous support!”

=====

Details on Shinohara’s graduation including the graduation date, will be announced on the official site later.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... ces-her-graduation/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-3-2013 02:29 AM | Show all posts
Amuro Namie’s new song chosen as the new theme song for “Mezamashi TV”

Amuro Namie’s new song “Can You Feel This Love” has been chosen as the yearly theme song for Fuji TV’s morning program “Mezamashi TV” which will reach its 20th year since it began broadcasting on April 1st, 1994.

The theme song for the program is known to be provided by a big name artist every year, and Mr.Children’s “Happy Song“ is currently being used (April of 2012 ~ the end of March this year). Other artists who have sung the theme songs in the past include Oda Kazumasa, Yamashita Tatsuro, Takeuchi Mariya, DREAMS COME TRUE, Kuwata Keisuke, and Ikimonogakari.

The chief producer revealed the reason he chose Amuro for their commemorative year, saying that he believed she was the most charismatic artist in present Japan.

The new theme song is said to be a refreshing up-tempo song, and it will start airing on April 1st.

Details regarding the release of the new song have not yet been decided at the moment.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... g-for-mezamashi-tv/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-3-2013 02:30 AM | Show all posts
Sakai Masato & Kanno Miho to get married next month!

It was reported that actor Sakai Masato (39) and actress Kanno Miho (35) will get married next month. The couple co-starred with each other in movie “Ooku~Eien~ [Emonnosuke&#12539;Tsunayoshi Hen]” which was released in December of last year. Apparently, they started dating after the movie was released from Sakai’s approach.

After the news was reported, Kanno’s agency admitted it saying, “We’ve heard about it from her. We will make an announcement when they register the marriage.” Kanno is not pregnant, and she is planning to continue working.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... married-next-month/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-3-2013 02:31 AM | Show all posts
Utada Hikaru to start her radio program starting in April

Utada Hikaru will start her radio program on InterFM, “KUMA POWER HOUR with Utada Hikaru“, starting in April.

It’s a regular radio show, which will air on the third Tuesday of every month for an hour, and the first episode is scheduled to be aired on April 16th starting at 10:00 pm.

In the morning on March 22nd, Utada tweeted, “This is sudden, but I will start my radio show starting in April. It’ll be the first time in 13 years for me to have a regular program. I wonder if I would do fine…” As she said, this will mark her first regular radio program since her last one “Utada Hikaru no Tres Bien&#12539;Bohemian“, which ended in September of 2000.

Utada has been on hiatus after a live concert held in December of 2010. Though she provided “Sakura Nagashi” as theme song for the film, ‘Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q‘ (‘EVANGELION:3.0 YOU CAN (NOT) REDO‘), back in November of last year, there is no plan for her to resume her musical activities at this moment.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... -starting-in-april/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-3-2013 01:31 AM | Show all posts
Kanjani8 to release a new double A-side single in April

It’s been announced that Kanjani8 will be releasing their first single for 2013 “Hesomagari/Koko ni shika nai Keshiki” on April 24.

One of the title tracks “Hesomagari” will be used as the theme song for upcoming drama “Otenki Oneesan” which Okura Tadayoshi will appear, and the song is said to be an upper tune which encourages you to tackle the difficulty boldly.

The other title track “Koko ni shika nai Keshiki” has been chosen as the theme song for Nishikido Ryo’s starring movie “Kenchou Omotenashi Ka“, and it’s a medium number which expresses the feelings toward your precious places. Its music clip includes footage that was filmed by each member at 7 different locations across the country.

The double A-side single will come with limited edition A, B, and regular edition.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... de-single-in-april/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 30-3-2013 01:40 AM | Show all posts
D☆DATE’s new single to be provided by FLOW

It was announced that D☆DATE’s new single “GLORY DAYS” will be released on June 12. This will mark their first single after new member Yamagishita Tomo joined the group, and also after they transferred to avex.

For the first single as a “new-born” D☆DATE, the members sent a love call to rock band FLOW as the members stated that they’re big fans. Apparently, all five members visited FLOW’s agency Amuse, and FLOW readily agreed as they saw the passion from the D☆DATE members.

For “GLORY DAYS”, FLOW’s vocalist KOHSHI is in charge of the lyrics, while the guitarist TAKE is in charge of the composition. KOHSHI explained, “I expressed the earnest attitudes and passions of the members who are about to make a fresh start.” TAKE  also said, “The members requested for the song that can liven up at their live, and I believe I was able to meet their expectation. When the five members’ singing voices were added, it became more powerful which was full of the uplifting feelings.”

Regarding the upcoming single, member Seto Koji said, “We will try our best to grab the No.1 on Oricon, and to make our ‘glory days’ to come to us!” Yanagishita also said happily, “I’m happy that it feels like we are finally making a start! The song is very energetic, and the lyrics suits well with five of us who’s making a fresh start.”

Stay tuned for more details on D☆DATE’s new single “GLORY DAYS”!

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... e-provided-by-flow/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-3-2013 01:41 AM | Show all posts
Sugiura Taiyo & Tsuji Nozomi announce the birth of their 3rd child

Talento Tsuji Nozomi (25) gave birth to her third child on March 21 at 4:25 pm. On the following day, both Tsuji and her husband Sugiura Taiyo announced the good news on their respective blogs.

According to Tsuji’s blog, it was a baby boy weighing in at 2,660 grams (around 6 pounds), and both mother and the baby are doing well. Sugiura who witnessed the delivery, also updated his blog, “It’s a birth of the second son of Sugiura family. Both my wife and son did a great job, and I’m full of gratitude.”

Both Tsuji and Sugiura ended their posts with, “As a 5-member family, we would like to unite our efforts and build a bright family with full of smiles. Please continue to support the Sugiura family.”

The couple married back in June of 2007, and they had their first daughter in November of the same year, they had their first son in 2010.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... of-their-3rd-child/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-3-2013 01:42 AM | Show all posts
AKB48 and SKE48 member Kitahara Rie to appear in “Kazoku Game”

On March 22, it was revealed that AKB48 and SKE48 member Kitahara Rie (21) will play a high school student in the Fuji TV drama “Kazoku Game”, which begins airing every Wednesday at 10PM starting in April.

The drama is based off of the best seller of the same name and stars Arashi’s Sakurai Sho (31).  Sakurai plays unconventional tutor Yoshimoto who resorts to violence and unconventional methods to teach his student and his student’s family.

In the drama, she plays as the girlfriend of the eldest son of a prominent family, who is an elite high school student played by Kamiki Ryunosuke (19).  Her character is the ideal girl friend– smart, cute, and independent.

Kitahara, who will appear in a Fuji TV drama for the first time ever, stated excitedly, “The story is exciting and strong and I will approach the role as an actress rather than an idol.”  Although AKB48 forbids romantic relationships, there will be sweet scenes as her character and Kamiki’s character will be dating in the drama.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... ear-in-kazoku-game/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-3-2013 01:43 AM | Show all posts
Acid Black Cherry announces Hokkaido-Tohoku tour

As the first part of his project ‘Shangri-la‘, Acid Black Cherry has announced that he will be holding a tour in Hokkaido and Tohoku starting August 13th.

‘Shangri-la’ is a special project to bring a smile upon those who love yasu’s music. The project will include (1) releasing new songs (2) dividing the whole country into 5 blocks, and hold a live tour throughout Japan (3) holding events in each area to communicate with the fans.

Check out the tour dates below!

===

<Acid Black Cherry Project『Shangri-la』1st Season ~Hokkaido&#12539;Tohoku tour~>

Tuesday, August 13th – Fukushima Bunka Center Dai Hall (Fukushima)
Saturday, August 17th – Akita Bunka Kaika Dai Hall (Akita)
Wednesday, August 21st – Sendai Sun Plaza (Miyagi)
Friday, August 23rd – Yamagata Shimin Kaikan Dai Hall (Yamagata)
Sunday, August 25th – Link Station Hall Aomori (Aomori)
Thursday, August 29th – Otaru Shimin Kaikan (Hokkaido)
Monday, September 2nd – Nitori Bunka Hall (Hokkaido)
Friday, September 6th – Asahikawa Shimin Bunka Kaikan Dai Hall (Hokkaido)
Monday, September 9th – Obihiro Shimin Bunka Hall Dai Hall (Hokkaido)
Friday, September 13th – Hakodate Shimin Kaikan Dai Hall (Hokkaido)
Sunday, September 15th – Morioka Shimin Bunka Hall Dai Hall (Iwate)
===

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03 ... kkaido-tohoku-tour/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

18-5-2024 04:51 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.058954 second(s), 39 queries .