Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: whitedove

Japanese Entertainment News & Info HERE! [part VI]

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 25-2-2013 09:21 PM | Show all posts
TOKIO to release a new single in March

It’s been revealed that TOKIO will be releasing a new single titled “Tegami” on March 20th.

“Tegami” will be used as the theme song for the upcoming film, ‘Daijoubu 3 Kumi‘, which is scheduled to open in theaters on March 23rd. It’s written by YUKI, composed by Tsutaya Koichi, and arranged by Noma Kosuke.

The single will be released in both limited and regular editions. The limited edition will come with a DVD containing the music video for “Tegami”.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... ew-single-in-march/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 09:23 PM | Show all posts
Maeda Atsuko to appear in Katori Shingo’s new drama ‘Kasuka na Kanojo’

On February 16th, Fuji TV announced that the former AKB48 member Maeda Atsuko will be appearing in their upcoming spring drama ‘Kasuka na Kanojo‘ starring SMAP’s Katori Shingo.

This drama is going to mark Maeda’s first participation in a drama since her graduation from AKB48 and her first role as a teacher. It’s also her first time to appear in a Fuji TV ‘Tuesday-10′ drama.

‘Kasuka na Kanojo’ is a romantic comedy set at a junior high school. The protagonist is a teacher named Koyama Akira (Katori), who has the ability to sense ghosts. The heroine, one of the ghosts who used to be a teacher, is played by Anne. Maeda is going to play the role of Kawai Chiho, the assistant homeroom teacher of Akira’s class.

Chiho is very popular among the pupils. She is the ideal teacher – always smiling and completely devoting herself to her job, at least that what it looks like on the surface. The truth is that she couldn’t be less passionate about her job as a teacher and that she would change her occupation as soon as she would get a chance.

Maeda commented, “The filming hasn’t even begun yet, but I’m already all excited about it. This time I’m trying to think of how my old teachers were.” She continued, “I’ve been watching dramas with Katori as long as I can remember, so it feels like a dream (to appear in a drama with him). Since we’ll manage the same class together (in the drama), I’ll always be near his side and do my best watching his back.”

Fuji TV is going to air ‘Kasuka na Kanojo’ every Tuesday at 10:00 pm starting in April.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... a-kasuka-na-kanojo/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 09:25 PM | Show all posts
Shibasaki Kou to lend her voice for upcoming ‘Detective Conan’ movie

It was announced that Shibasaki Kou will be lending her voice for anime “Meitaitei Conan (aka “Detective Conan”, “Case Closed”)”s 17th film “Meitantei Conan Zekkai no Private Eye” as a guest.

With the full cooperation from Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force, the anime film is set at the Aegis ship that possesses the highest-level military secrets in the national defense, and it depicts a battle on the sea between Conan and “X”, a spy from a certain country.

Shibasaki’s role will be a mysterious female member of the Japan Self-Defense Forces, named “Fujii Nanami”, who is said to be the key person in the murder case that happens in the Aegis ship, and she will be deeply involved in the story.

According to Shibasaki, she is a big fan of “Meitantei Conan”, as she has been reading the manga on Shonen Sunday and on the separate volumes. Regarding her co-starring with Conan, she commented, “I feel strange to imagine myself being in the same world with Conan, and do acting. I’m sure the recording will be done in a dreamy state of mind. Since I’m not a voice actress, I won’t be able to participate as greatly as the professionals, but I hope I can express the emotions just like how I do so when acting.”

“Meitantei Conan Zekkai no Private Eye” will open in theaters starting on April 20th.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... ective-conan-movie/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 09:26 PM | Show all posts
Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku’s live concert to be available for live viewing at theaters

It was announced that idol group Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku’s one-man live concert “Kuruizaki Ebbey Road ~Owarinaki Shinkyu~” which will be held at Yomiuri Land on March 31st, will be available for live viewing at movie theaters across the country.

Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku was formed back in 2009 as a protegee group of Momoiro Clover Z, and this will be the group’s largest-scale live concert yet.

Below are the list of theaters for the live viewing.

=====

Hokkaido
-Dinos Cinemas Sapporo Gekijo
Miyagi
- 109 Cinemas Tomiya
Tokyo
- TOHO Cinemas Roppongi Hills
- Shinjuku Piccadilly
- TOHO Cinemas Shibuya
- Cinema Sunshine Ikebukuro
Kanagawa
- TOHO Cinemas Kawasaki
Chiba
- Cineplex Makuhari
Saitama
- MOVIX Saitama
- Aeon Cinema Koshigaya Laketown
Aichi
- 109 Cinemas Nagoya
Ishikawa
- Kanazawa Korona Cinema World
Osaka
- Osaka Station City Cinema
Hyogo
- TOHO Cinemas Nishinomiya OS
Hiroshima
- 109 Cinemas Hiroshima
Fukuoka
- TOHO Cinemas Tenjin [Solaria-kan]
- United Cinemas Canal City 13

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... iewing-at-theaters/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 10:28 PM | Show all posts
“55th Blue Ribbon Awards” holds its ceremony

On February 14th, an award ceremony for “The 55th Blue Ribbon Awards” was held at Iino Hall.

Customarily, the winners of Best Actor and Best Actress from the last year, participated as the emcees for the event, and therefore, Takenouchi Yutaka and Nagasaku Hiromi took the roles of emcees this year.

For both Takenouchi and Nagasaku, it was their very first time to serve as an emcee. Takenouchi, who made a mistake in timing while saying the beginning lines, said, “I bungled right from the start.” However, after he managed to accomplish carrying out his role while struggling, he said, “Even though I’m no good at serving as a host, I would like to stand right here again someday.” Nagasaku also said, “I am glad to be able to be the host for the Blue Ribbon Awards. I wanted to take this role to pass the baton. Many things happened, but I enjoyed it very much.”

The winners of the “Blue Ribbon Awards” are chosen by The Association of Tokyo Film Journalists, which consists of those who are in charge of the film portion of 7 Tokyo-based sports newspapers. As for the actual ceremony, winners of the awards including Abe Hiroshi, Ando Sakura, Iura Arata, and Hirosue Ryoko made appearances.

Abe who received the Best Actor award for his performance in “Thermae Romae“, commented, “I am honored to receive this award. At first I was not sure if I could play that role in ‘Thermae Romae’, but I was able to do it without any uncomfortable feeling.” When Nagasaku asked him about the role as the ancient Roman, Abe answered, “I was happy to be born with a face with strong features. Takenouchi-san, your face also has quite….(strong features). Would you like to appear in a sequel?” bringing a bittersweet smile from Takenouchi.

The list of winners can be checked below.

=====

Best Film – Kazoku no Kuni (directed by Yang Yong-hi)
Best Actor – Abe Hiroshi (“Thermae Romae”)
Best Actress – Ando Sakura (“Kazoku no Kuni”)
Best Supporting Actor – Iura Arata (“Kazoku no Kuni”)
Best Supporting Actress – Hirosue Ryoko (“Kagi Dorobou no Method”)
Best New Artist – Makita Sports (“Kueki Ressha”)
Best Director – Uchida Kenji (“Kagi Dorobou no Method”)
Best Foreign Film – Les Misérables
Special Award – Iwamatsu Koji

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... holds-its-ceremony/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 10:30 PM | Show all posts
Kis-My-Ft2 to release new single, album, and DVD simultaneously + hold nation-wide tour

It has been announced that popular group Kis-My-Ft2, who just released a new single ”My Resistance -Tashikana Mono-/Unmei Girl” on the 13th, will be releasing another new single, as well as an album, and DVD simultaneously on March 27th.

Their 7th single is titled “Ki•Su•U•Ma•I ~KISS YOUR MIND~ /S.O.S (Smile On Smile)“, and “Ki•Su•U•Ma•I ~KISS YOUR MIND~” is the new CM song for Glico’s gum “Watering KISSMINT”.

The title of the upcoming 2nd album which is currently untitled, will have three different editions.

In the meantime, the new DVD titled “YOSHIO -NEW MEMBER-” will be an original short movie about “YOSHIO”. The original movie storyline will feature YOSHIO joining the group as a new member.

Additionally, Kis-My-Ft2 will hold their nation-wide tour. The tour will kick off at Osaka-jo Hall on May 3rd, and at the time of writing, they are said to be making stops at 6 locations with 16 stages. However, they are still making adjustments to the schedule. According to an insider, it will be a large-scaled tour.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... d-nation-wide-tour/

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 25-2-2013 10:33 PM | Show all posts
Survey reveals the most satisfying dramas of the winter season

On February 16th, Oricon BiZ published the results of their recent survey that asked 500 men and women about their drama viewing experience among the current winter season shows. NHK drama ‘Itsuka Hi no Ataru Basho de‘ came out on top with a very high satisfaction rate of 67.5%, though it only ranked on 11th place in Oricon’s survey about the most anticipated dramas prior to the start of the winter season.

Those polled asked viewers to give 12 prime time dramas and four night dramas (11:00 pm and later) a satisfaction score, from completely unsatisfying to absolutely satisfying, on a scale from 1 to 10 (with 10 being the best). They were only supposed to score the dramas that they are actually watching or have watched for a couple of episodes in the beginning of the season. The satisfaction rate seen in the ranking below describes how many of the 500 people who are watching the drama ranked it with a score of 8 or higher.

While Oricon BiZ didn’t go into much detail in the actual ranking or the public article, they released some additional information for the two dramas in first and the second place.

As for the top-ranking ‘Itsuka Hi no Ataru Basho de‘, 64.8% of all the viewers are satisfied with the starring cast, made up of Ueto Aya and Iijima Naoko. However, the supporting cast was liked by 64.8% of the viewers as well, which is the highest rating together with ‘LAST HOPE‘ (Fuji TV). In addition, 59.4% of the viewers are satisfied with the drama’s script (1st place among all dramas) and 54.0% with its art direction (4th place among all dramas).

‘Yakou Kanransha‘ (TBS) ranked second in terms of satisfaction and it also is the drama that makes most of its viewers (97.3%) tune in again for the next episode. ‘Itsuka Hi no Ataru Basho de’ only makes 91.9% of its viewers tune in again next week. The script of ‘Yakou Kanransha’ is satisfying enough for 58.6% of its viewers (2nd place after ‘Itsuka Hi…’), while the most striking feature of this drama seems to its visuals (satisfaction rate: 61.3%; 1st place among the dramas).

Winter Drama Satisfaction Ranking – Prime Time

‘Itsuka Hi no Ataru Basho de‘ (NHK)
- Ranked 11th place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 67.5% (56.8% women; 43.2% men)*
- 91.9% said they are going to tune in again next week

*How to read this line:
67.5% of all those who are watching it are satisfied with the drama
56.8% of all the women who are watching it are satisfied with the drama
43.2% of all the men who are watching it are satisfied with the drama

‘Yakou Kanransha‘ (TBS)
- Ranked 6th place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 62.7% (72.0% women; 28.0% men)
- 97.3% said they are going to tune in again next week

‘LAST HOPE‘ (Fuji TV)
- Ranked 5th place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 55.4% (68.1% women; 31.9% men)
- 85.1% said they are going to tune in again next week

‘Saikou no Rikon‘ (Fuji TV)
- Ranked 4th place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 55.2% (68.6% women; 31.4% men)
- 88.6% said they are going to tune in again next week

‘Nakuna, Hara-chan‘ (NTV)
- Ranked 7th place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 52.2% (67.8% women; 32.2% men)
- 88.9% said they are going to tune in again next week

‘Tonbi‘ (TBS)
- Ranked 9th place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 51.7% (60.3% women; 39.7% men)
- 79.3% said they are going to tune in again next week

‘Saki‘ (Fuji TV)
- Ranked 2nd place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 45.0% (67.6% women; 32.4% men)
- 85.6% said they are going to tune in again next week

‘dinner‘ (Fuji TV)
- Ranked 3rd place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 41.4% (60.3% women; 39.7% men)
- 89.7% said they are going to tune in again next week

‘Otome-san‘ (TV Asahi)
- Ranked 12th place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 41.0% (66.7% women; 33.3% men)
- 82.1% said they are going to tune in again next week

‘Apoyan‘ (TBS)
- Ranked 10th place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 38.4% (59.6% women; 40.4% men)
- 88.5% said they are going to tune in again next week

‘Share House no Koibito‘ (NTV)
- Ranked 1st place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 36.1% (51.4% women; 38.6% men)
- 81.9% said they are going to tune in again next week

‘Biblia Koshodo no Jiken Techo‘ (Fuji TV)
- Ranked 8th place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 32.3% (54.4% women; 45.6% men)
- 68.9% said they are going to tune in again next week

Winter Drama Satisfaction Ranking – Night Time

‘Karamazov no Kyodai‘ (Fuji TV)
- Ranked 4th place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 54.4% (76.1% women; 23.9% men)
- 82.6% said they are going to tune in again next week

‘Nobunaga no Chef‘ (TV Asahi)
- Ranked 2nd place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 50.6% (67.5% women; 32.5% men)
- 88.0% said they are going to tune in again next week

‘Mahoro Ekimae Bangaichi‘ (TV Tokyo)
- Ranked 3rd place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 44.8% (58.6% women; 41.4% men)
- 72.4% said they are going to tune in again next week

‘Shotenin Michiru no Minoue Banashi‘ (NHK)
- Ranked 1st place in the anticipation ranking
- Satisfaction Rate: 40.7% (63.0% women; 37.0% men)
- 83.3% said they are going to tune in again next week

Source: www.tokyohive.com

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 10:35 PM | Show all posts
Yuzu to release new album + arena tour

Yuzu has announced that they will be releasing their new album “LAND” in May. They have also announced that they will be holding an arena tour called ‘YUZU ARENA TOUR 2013 GO LAND‘ starting in mid-June.

The new album and tour was announced on February 17th during the final night of their nationwide tour, ‘YUZU ARENA TOUR 2012/13 YUZU YOU ~Minna to, Doko Made mo~‘, at Yokohama Arena. “LAND” will be Yuzu’s first album since releasing “2-NI-” in February of 2011. The release date and other details will be revealed at a later date.

Yuzu’s upcoming tour will kick off on June 15th at Makomanai Sekisui Heim Ice Arena in Hokkaido for a total of 20 shows in 13 locations. Tickets will go on sale to the general public starting May 12th.

===

<YUZU ARENA TOUR 2013 GO LAND>

Saturday, June 15th – Makomanai Sekisui Heim Ice Arena (Hokkaido)
Saturday, June 22nd – Wakayama Big Whale (Wakayama)
Sunday, June 23rd – Wakayama Big Whale (Wakayama)
Saturday, June 29th – Oita B-Con Plaza (Oita)
Sunday, June 30th – Oita B-Con Plaza (Oita)
Saturday, July 6th – Saitama Super Arena (Saitama)
Sunday, July 7th – Saitama Super Arena (Saitama)
Sunday, July 14th – Yoyogi National Gymnasium First Gymnasium (Tokyo)
Monday, July 15th – Yoyogi National Gymnasium First Gymnasium (Tokyo)
Saturday, July 20th – Yokohama Arena (Kanagawa)
Sunday, July 21st – Yokohama Arena (Kanagawa)
Saturday, August 3rd – Nagano Big Hat (Nagano)
Saturday, August 10th – Hiroshima Green Arena (Hiroshima)
Saturday, August 17th – Shizuoka Ecopa Arena (Shizuoka)
Wednesday, August 21st – Nippon Gaishi Hall (Aichi)
Thursday, August 22nd – Nippon Gaishi Hall (Aichi)
Sunday, August 25th – Toki Messe Niigata Convention Center (Niigata)
Saturday, August 31st – Sekisui Heim Super Arena (Miyagi)
Tuesday, September 3rd – Osaka-jo Hall (Osaka)
Wednesday, September 4th – Osaka-jo Hall (Osaka)

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... w-album-arena-tour/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 10:39 PM | Show all posts
THE Possible to release a new single in April

It’s been revealed that idol group THE Possible will be releasing their new single, “Zenryoku Banzai! My Glory!“, on April 10th.

The comeback was announced on February 14th during the group’s event, ‘THE Possible Yori Ai wo Komete! Saishin Jouhou Daihappyo Shimasu!!‘, at Shibuya Glad. Upon hearing this good news, the crowd of 300 people broke out into a spontaneous cheer of excitement.

The members commented, “Yay we’re glad! Thank you! Actually the members and staff thought a lot about which song would be our next single and made this decision. But this song, we’ve performed it several times during our lives, and we’ve also released a live version CD right? That’s why we were all nervous about how everyone would respond. So we’re very happy!”

“Zenryoku Banzai! My Glory” will be the first single released under Victor Entertainment’s girl pop/idol label ‘Version Music‘.

Additionally, THE Possible will be holding a live concert called ‘The POSSIBLE Weekly Acoustic Live‘ for 4 consecutive weeks starting February 26th at Akihabara ASOBITCITY. More details on this will be revealed at a later date.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... ew-single-in-april/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 10:43 PM | Show all posts
LinQ to make their major debut in April

On February 17th, LinQ held a graduation concert for member Uehara Asami at Tenjin Best Hall in Fukuoka, where it was announced that the group will be making their major debut from Warner Music Japan.

LinQ’s major debut single will be released on April 17th, which marks the 2nd year since the group started their activities. The track list will include “Chime ga Owareba“, a song that the girls have been performing since the beginning of their career.

LinQ made their debut under Tower Records‘ idol label T-Palette Records in November of 2011 with “Calorie Nante / Kimochi / Te wo Tsunaide“. As a indies girl group, they ranked top 10 in Oricon’s weekly ranking with 2 consecutive singles.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... jor-debut-in-april/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 10:44 PM | Show all posts
NMB48 announces spring concert tour

NMB48, who will be releasing their first album ‘Teppen Tottande‘ on February 27th, has announced that they will be holding a concert tour this spring.

This concert tour will kick off on March 4th at Hiroshima Bunka Gakuen HBG Hall, and will wrap up on April 5th at Shiga Kenritsu Geijutsu Gekijou Biwako Hall for a total of 8 shows. Tickets are on sale now.

===

<NMB48 Nishinihon Tour 2013>

Monday, March 4th – Hiroshima Bunka Gakuen HBG Hall (Hiroshima)
Wednesday, March 6th – Okayama Shimin Kaikan (Okayama)
Thursday, March 7th – Alfa Abunagi Hall (Kagawa)
Friday, March 8th – Torigin Bunka Kaikan (Tottori)
Monday, April 1st – Fukuoka Sun Palace Hotel & Hall (Fukuoka)
Wednesday, April 3rd – Kobe International House International Hall (Hyogo)
Thursday, April 4th – Orix Theater (Osaka)
Friday, April 5th – Shiga Kenritsu Geijutsu Gekjou Biwako Hall Dai Hall (Shiga)

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... pring-concert-tour/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 10:45 PM | Show all posts
Winners of ‘Kimono Queen Contest 2013′

On Feburary 16th, Usui Chiaki (19) was chosen as the grand prix for Japan’s biggest kimono event, ‘Kimono Queen Contest 2013‘.

Usui was born in Miyazaki and currently resides in Kanagawa. She has appeared as an extra in the film, ‘Soup: Umare Kawari no Monogatari‘ (2012). She expressed, “It doesn’t seem real. I don’t know what to say, but I’m filled with happiness.”

Usui was named the queen of kimono out of 5,715 contestants. “I’m surprised. I’m happy that I was able to show my femininity by wearing a kimono.“ As she will be celebrating her coming-of-age ceremony next year, she commented, “I’m excited. I want to be able to find my new self.”

The contest’s special supporter, ‘The 13th Japan Bisho-jo Contest‘ grand prix Yoshimoto Miyu (16) and special guest, actress Sato Aiko (35) also attended the event to give their blessings to Usui. Wearing a red long-sleeved kimono, Yoshimoto stated, “It was fun to serve as a judge.” Meanwhile, Sato said, “By wearing a kimono, you are able to judge yourself. Of course posture, but you are able to express your strength and kindness. Also, the back of the neck is beautiful. This beauty is beyond description.”

The runner-ups for this year’s contest were Tezuka Rino (19) and Hoshino Reina (20). Furthermore, the Oscar Promotion Award went to Kamata Yumeno (19).

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... queen-contest-2013/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 10:47 PM | Show all posts
Matsuda Shota to star in new detective drama ‘Sennyu Tantei Tokage’

On February 18th, TBS announced that actor Matsuda Shota will be starring in their upcoming detective drama ‘Sennyu Tantei Tokage‘.

This is Matsuda’s second time to star as a detective after the 2009 drama Meitantei no Okite‘ (TV Asahi) and his first time to star in a TBS drama. This time, he will play a former elite police detective who possesses an overwhelming memory.

‘Sennyu Tantei Tokage’ is a mystery and suspense drama that follows Tokage and his assistant as they help the First Investigation Division of the Metropolitan Police Department with difficult and unresolved cases. His tough yet charming assistant, who does have feelings for him despite his unsociable nature, is played by actress Renbutsu Misako. One detective of the First Investigation Division is played by TOKIO’s Matsuoka Masahiro. He is a well-liked, warmhearted, smart and very mature man, which is basically the complete opposite of Tokage.

Other characters include Tokage’s former boss played by Endo Kenichi and the head of the ‘Yanagi Detective Bureau’ for which Tokage is working for, played by Ito Shiro. Actor Fukikoshi Mitsuru and actress Mimura are also appearing in the drama.

The script is written by Hashimoto Hiroshi (‘Karei Naru Ichizoku’, ‘Jukunen Rikon’, ‘Unmei no Hito’) and the direction handled by Ishii Yasuharu (‘Hana Yori Dango’, ‘Kurosagi’).

The protagonist’s nickname is ‘lizard’, because he never lets anyone catch onto his tail while working undercover and always manages to maneuver himself out of a dangerous situation. He is also able to seemingly transform into all kind of different characters – from a male host to a doctor, or from a politician to a prisoner – in order to get down to a difficult case.

Tokage used to be a normal police detective working at the First Investigation Division, but one day he lost his partner because of a grave mistake. After this incident he quit his job and got hired by a private detective bureau that helps the police with secret undercover investigations. Tokage has a difficult personality, no sense of cooperation and doesn’t trust anyone. He is methodical to the point of being neurotic and cynical to the point of being unsociable, but he also holds a great sense of justice and detests crimes.

To star as a detective in a drama is always a special chance for Matsuda, for his late father Matsuda Yuusaku was especially known for his great and multi-faceted performance as a detective in the 1979/1980 drama ‘Tantei Monogatari‘.

TBS will air ‘Sennyu Tantei Tokage’ every Thursday at 9:00 pm starting in April.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... nnyu-tantei-tokage/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 10:50 PM | Show all posts
STRAIGHTENER announces first best-of album + 47-Prefecture tour

STRAIGHTENER has announced that they will be releasing their first best-of album, “21st CENTURY ROCK BAND“, on May 1st. They have also announced that they will be holding a 47-Prefecture tour called ‘21st CENTURY ROCK BAND TOUR‘ starting May 8th.

The best-of album will be released in 2 different types: CD+2DVD and CD-Only. The DVDs will feature footage from the band’s one-man live on February 17th at Nippon Budokan. Additional CD details will be announced later.

The band’s second ‘47-Prefecture tour’ will kick off on May 8th at Shibuya CLUB QUATTRO, and will wrap up on December 7th at Okinawa’s Sakurazaka Central for a total of 52 performances. Ticket pre-reservations for the first half of the tour will be available from February 18th at 1:00 pm to March 4th at 11:00 pm.

The tour dates can be seen below.

===

<21st CENTURY ROCK BAND TOUR>

Wednesday, May 8th – Shibuya CLUB QUATTRO (Tokyo)
Friday, May 10th – Utsunomiya HEAVEN’S ROCK VJ-2 (Tochigi)
Saturday, May 11th – Takasaki FLEEZ (Gunma)
Thursday, May 16th – Kofu CONVICTION (Yamanashi)
Saturday, May 18th – Nagano CLUB JUNK BOX (Nagano)
Sunday, May 19th – Toyama MAIRO (Toyama)
Thursday, May 23rd – CLUB ROOTS (Gifu)
Friday, May 24th – KYOTO MUSE (Kyoto)
Sunday, May 26th – Nara NEVERLAND (Nara)
Tuesday, May 28th – Matsuzaka M’AXA (Mie)
Saturday, June 1st – Tokushima club GRINDHOUSE (Tokushima)
Sunday, June 2nd – Kochi X-pt. (Kochi)
Tuesday, June 4th – Okayama CRAZYMAMA KINGDOM (Okayama)
Thursday, June 6th – Miyazaki SR BOX (Miyazaki)
Thursday, June 8th – DRUM Be-0 (Oita)
Sunday, June 9th – DRUM Be-9 V1 (Kumamoto)
Tuesday, June 11th – Saga GEILS (Saga)
Saturday, June 15th – Matsue AZTiC canova (Shimane)
Sunday, June 16th – Shunan TIKI-TA (Yamaguchi)
Thursday, June 20th – Koriyama CLUB#9 (Fukushima)
Friday, June 21st – Ishimaki BLUE RESISTANCE (Miyagi)
Sunday, June 23rd – Yamagata Music Showa Session (Yamagata)
Tuesday, June 25th – Akita Club SWINDLE (Akita)
Thursday, June 27th – Hakodate club COCOA (Hokkaido)
Saturday, June 29th – Asakikawa CASINO DRIVE (Hokkaido)
Saturday, September 28th – Chiba LOOK (Chiba)
Sunday, September 29th – Yokohama BLITZ (Kanagawa)
Friday, October 11th – Mito LIGHT HOUSE (Ibaraki)
Sunday, October 13th – HEAVEN’S ROCK Saitama Shintoshin VJ-3 (Saitama)
Monday, October 14th – Niigata LOTS (Niigata)
Wednesday, October 16th – Kanazawa EIGHT HALL (Ishikawa)
Friday, October 18th – Fukui CHOP (Fukui)
Saturday, October 19th – Kobe VARIT (Hyogo)
Monday, October 21st – Wakayama CLUB GATE (Wakayama)
Thursday, October 24th – CLUB COUNTER ACTION MIYAKO (Iwate)
Friday, October 25th – Ofunato LIVEHOUSE FREAKS (Iwate)
Sunday, October 27th – Aomori Quarter (Aomori)
Tuesday, October 29th – Sapporo PENNY LANE24 (Hokkaido)
Friday, November 1st – Hamamatsu Live House Madowaku (Shizuoka)
Saturday, November 2nd – Shiga U★STONE (Shiga)
Monday, November 4th – Yonego AZTiC laughs (Tottori)
Saturday, November 9th – Takamatsu DIME (Kagawa)
Sunday, November 10th – Matsuyama Salon Kitty (Ehime)
Saturday, November 16th – Namba Hatch (Osaka)
Sunday, November 17th – Fukuoka DRUM LOGOS (Fukuoka)
Tuesday, November 19th – Kagoshima CAPARVO HALL (Kagoshima)
Wednesday, November 20th – Nagasaki DRUM Be-7 (Nagasaki)
Friday, November 22nd – Hiroshima CLUB QUATTRO (Hiroshima)
Sunday, November 24th – Zepp Nagoya (Aichi)
Friday, November 29th – Sendai Rensa (Miyagi)
Sunday, December 1st – Shinkiba STUDIO COAST (Tokyo)
Saturday, December 17th – Sakurazaka Central (Okinawa)

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... 47-prefecture-tour/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 10:57 PM | Show all posts
SEKAI NO OWARI providing theme song for new Crayon Shin-chan movie

SEKAI NO OWARI will be providing the theme song, “RPG“, for the upcoming anime film, ‘Eiga Crayon Shin-chan: Baka Uma! B-kyu Gourmet Survival!!‘.

“RPG” is described as a fantastic number with the themes “friendship” and “adventure“. This will be SEKAI NO OWARI’s first new song since releasing their hit album, “ENTERTAINMENT“, last July.

‘Eiga Crayon Shin-chan: Baka Uma! B-kyu Gourmet Survival!!‘ is the 21st installment of the ‘Crayon Shin-chan‘ series. The story revolves around Nohara Shinnosuke and his friends ‘Kasukabe Defense Organization’, who are appointed to transport the ‘legendary sauce’ that will save the Grade B Gourmet from the evil Grade A Gourmet.

The movie is scheduled to open in theaters on April 20th.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... on-shin-chan-movie/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 10:58 PM | Show all posts
Maestro Seiji Ozawa to make comeback in August
ENTERTAINMENT FEB. 19, 2013 - 03:55PM JST ( 3 )TOKYO —

http://www.japantoday.com/catego ... -comeback-in-august

Seiji Ozawa, Japan’s most famous conductor, is set to make a comeback in August at a music festival after taking more than a year off to recover from a spell of bad health that included bouts of pneumonia.

The former Vienna State Opera music director, 77, who before that was conductor of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, was diagnosed with esophageal cancer in January 2010 and completed treatment later that year.

Last March, he announced he would take a year-long break from conducting to recover his strength after a number of health issues but vowed to return to performing.

Ozawa is set to conduct Maurice Ravel’s opera “The Child and the Spells” at the Saito Kinen Festival in the city of Matsumoto, in late August, an official at the festival office said Tuesday.

“Maestro Ozawa said last March that he was taking a year off, and that year is almost up,” the official said, noting that it’s hard to know if the performance will truly mark Ozawa’s comeback since the performance date is so far away.

“It just so happens that this coincides with the announcement of the festival program. He may well have other performances planned before then that we just don’t know about.”

Ozawa underwent endoscopic lower back surgery in January 2011 and took a six-month break from conducting at that time. This was followed by the announcement last March of a more extended break.

Ozawa was one of the first Asian classical musicians widely recognized abroad and has strived to revitalize the classical music scene in his native country by founding the Saito Kinen orchestra, named after his former music teacher.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 10:58 PM | Show all posts
LUNA SEA to release best-of album in March

It’s been revealed that LUNA SEA will be releasing a new best-of album, ‘COMPLETE BEST -ASIA LIMITED EDITION-‘, on March 27th.

The upcoming best-of album will be sold only for a limited period. It will be a 3-disc set consisting of the band’s 2-disc best-of album, ‘COMPLETE BEST‘, which was released in March of 2008, along with 11 new tracks. The album will be released simultaneously with their live DVD & Blu-ray featuring footage from their standing live at Zepp Tokyo in December.

LUNA SEA recently held a special live for members of their official fan club ‘SLAVE‘ at Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo on February 17th. They have proved to be going strong after holding their nationwide Zepp tour, ‘The End of the Dream ZEPP TOUR 2012: Kourin‘ (November), concerts at Osaka-jo Hall and Sendai Sun Plaza Hall (December), a 6-day Nippon Budokan live (January), and an Asia tour.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... -of-album-in-march/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 10:59 PM | Show all posts
Kis-My-Ft2′ latest single sells over 300,000 copies, tops the Oricon chart

Popular group Kis-My-Ft2‘ 6th single “My Resistance -Tashika na Mono-/Unmei Girl” topped the Oricon weekly ranking by selling 316,313 copies which was the highest sales in the first week for the group since their debut back in August 2011.

This marked their 6 straight single to top the chart since their debut single “Everybody Go” and they are also the first artist in 5 years to top the chart for 3 consecutive years since debuting. Their senior group KAT-TUN last achieved this with their single “LIPS” back in February 2008 (artists who made their debut for a second time are excluded).

It’s been about a year and a half for a Kis-My-Ft2′ single to sell over 300,000 copies in the first week. The first week sales this time around moved 57,000 more units than the previous single “Ai no Beat” which was released in November 2012 and sold 259,000 copies in the first week.

“My Resistance -Tashika na Mono-” is the theme song for TV Asahi’s ongoing drama “Nobunaga no Chef” which stars member Tamamori Yuta, and “Unmei Girl” was the CM song for Seven & i’s Valentine Fair.

Kis-My-Ft2 is also scheduled to release a new single, album, and DVD simultaneously on March 27th.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... s-the-oricon-chart/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 11:01 PM | Show all posts
Yonekura Ryoko to play a high school girl in new drama ‘35-sai no Koukousei’

On February 19th, NTV announced that actress Yonekura Ryoko will be playing a female high school student in their upcoming spring drama ‘35-sai no Koukousei‘ (tentative title). It will be the very first time for Yonekura to play a high school girl in her career and her first starring drama on NTV in general.

‘35-sai no Koukousei’ is a socio-critical school drama set at a senior high school. It follows a 35 year-old woman who enters the school as a student, where she has to face the dark sides of present-day senior high schools, including bullying and playing hooky. The drama depicts how she is gradually changing the students as well as the school in general.

She hates it when students pretend not to see the difficulties of one of their classmates or blame someone else for the problems they are dealing with every day. Thanks to her age and experience in society, she can help the students to solve their problems and acts as an an older student they can rely on.

Yonekura is going to completely transform herself into an ordinary high school girl and the drama is going to show her wearing the school’s uniform, doing homework after school, participating in physical education and so on. However, her character is still going to be somewhat different to a normal 17 year-old student. For example, she always arrives school in an expensive foreign car; or during lunch break she always goes to the smoking area and after school she always needs a refreshing can of beer. It is unknown why she suddenly returns to school 18 years after graduation, but the mystery about her identity is gradually going to be revealed as the story progresses.

Yonekura commented, “First I thought I was going to play a teacher when I received the story, but then I was really glad to hear that I’m actually going to play a student. I want to think about how all the different problems on the campus could be settled when experienced by a 35 year-old student and how it should be conveyed to the viewers. Please look forward to this drama!”

The expectations for this drama are high, since Yonekura once again strengthened her image as the queen of drama ratings in the year 2012. The producer of the drama is aware of her ever increasing charms and the kind of image the viewers have of the actress. The producer hopes to live up to their expectations, while showing them yet another side of her by putting her into the role of a high school student.

NTV is going to air ‘35-sai no Koukousei’ every Saturday at 9:00 pm starting in April.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... 5-sai-no-koukousei/

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 25-2-2013 11:02 PM | Show all posts
T.M.Revolution and Mizuki Nana to team up to sing opening theme for new anime ‘Kakumeiki Valvrave’

It’s been revealed that T.M.Revolution and Mizuki Nana will be teaming up to sing the opening theme for new anime, ‘Kakumeiki Valvrave‘.

The two will be livening up the anime with a new song titled “Preserved Roses“. T.M.Revolution, Nishikawa Takanori commented, “Since it’s named ‘kakumeiki’ (revolution machine), I thought that it would be suitable to do something revolutionary for this anime. I feel very honored to be given this opportunity to work with Mizuki-san. It turned out to be a song that will make the anime shine. Please look forward to it.”

Meanwhile, Mizuki said, “It turned out to be a rather hyper and cool song, so I want to deliver it to everyone as soon as possible. I’m excited to see how this song will decorate the animation. I want to do my best to liven up this anime.”

Additionally, it was announced that the anime’s ending theme for episodes 1 to 6 will be angela and ELISA will sing the ending theme from episode 7 onward.

‘Kakumeiki Valvrave’ will air on MBS, TBS, CBC, and BS-TBS starting in April.

Source: http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/02 ... kakumeiki-valvrave/

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 02:43 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.068855 second(s), 41 queries .