CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 15106|Reply: 84

SHANIA TWAIN!

[Copy link]
Post time 21-12-2003 10:11 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

actually aku tertunggu2  bila la ada org nak bukak topik pasal shania twain, pdhal dia antara artis yg top dan sukses juga... last2 aku fikir...elok aku aje la yg mulakan. aku penah buka topik pasal shania dulu(masa album UP! baru keluar). tapi rasanya topik tu dah takder lagi...lama sgt dah.

aku minat sgt kat 'canadian diva' > shania twain... .( mmg  ramai artis2 lain  asal dr canada yg aku minat mcm celine, bryan adams, sarah mclachlan & alanis morissette...exclude avril(even aku ada beli album avril-utk suka2).

tapi rasa2nya...shania la yg paling best(selain celine) antara ramai2 tu...sbb dia maintain sampai skang dr segi populariti.

[ Last edited by sayangidaku on 22-12-2003 at 12:37 AM ]

[ Last edited by sayangidaku at 2-4-2006 08:14 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 21-12-2003 10:13 PM | Show all posts
BIOGRAPHY

Stage Name: Shania Twain
Birthdate: Aug 28, 1965
Sign: Virgo
Hometown: Timmins, Ontario, Canada

DISCOGRAPHY
Albums

Up!
Come on Over
Woman in Me
On the Way
Shania Twain

Top Singles

I'm Gonna Getcha Good!
Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?
Honey, I'm Home
Love Gets Me Every Time
Don't Be Stupid
Any Man of Mine
(If You're Not in It for Love) I'm Outta Here
You're Still the One
That Don't Impress Me Much
Man! I Feel Like a Woman!
You've Got a Way

OTHER CREDITS
Soundtrack Contributions

Twister

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-12-2003 10:14 PM | Show all posts

It's clear by now: Shania Twain is no one-hit wonder or the Madonna of country. The Canadian singer, along with fellow femme Faith Hill, has taken her place as the dominant commercial force in country music, repeating her success album after album.

Twain was born on August 28, 1965, in Windsor, Ontario, but grew up in the mid-sized town of Timmins where she was raised by her mother and stepfather, two singers, who were killed in an automobile accident when she was 21. Twain, who had been onstage since childhood, signed with Mercury Records in the early '90s, but her first album was almost completely ignored when released in 1993. Between the first and second albums, Twain met and married producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange, a rock producer whose multi-platinum credits included Bryan Adams, Def Leppard, AC/DC and the Cars. Backed with Lange's budget and commercial instincts, Twain recorded The Woman In Me, on which she and Lange wrote everything. With hits like "Any Man Of Mine," "You Win My Love" and "(If You're Not In It For Love) I'm Outta Here," The Woman In Me sold more than 8 million copies, surpassing Patsy Cline's Greatest Hits as the best-selling country album of all time by a female artist. The album also won a Grammy in 1996 for Best Country Album.

The wholesome sexuality of Twain's videos made her a hit with men without alienating women, but it has also allowed detractors to suggest that because she didn't tour behind the album, she couldn't sing. (A stint opening for Wynonna fell through when the album took off.) About the time Twain started thinking about a third album (and tour), she signed with Bruce Springsteen manager Jon Landau. (Twain managed herself through most of the initial success of The Woman In Me.) She and Lange worked together again for the follow-up, Come On Over, which was also a huge smash; the album even spawned a bona fide crossover pop hit with "Still The One." A headlining concert tour supporting Come On Over silenced some of the critics who accused Twain of being her husband's studio creation, and a handful of 1998 Grammy nominations further bolstered her respectability. She also kept busy as a spokesperson for Revlon Cosmetics, for whose commericals her "Man, I Feel Like A Woman" was featured.

In 2000, Come On Over was certified by the Recording Industry Association of America as the best-selling solo album by a female artist in history. It has sold 19 million copies to date and has since been certified as the biggest-selling album in country music history.

Twain took some time off after touring behind Come On Over, relaxing with Lange in their mansion on the banks of Lake Geneva in Switzerland. During her time off, she became pregnant and gave birth to her first child, son Eja Lange, in August 2001. Her third album, Up!, was released in late 2002.

[ Last edited by sayangidaku on 22-12-2003 at 05:05 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-12-2003 10:20 PM | Show all posts

[ Last edited by sayangidaku on 21-12-2003 at 10:23 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 21-12-2003 10:35 PM | Show all posts
minat dier suka lagu
You're still the one...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-12-2003 11:20 PM | Show all posts
aku kenal dan minat shania dgn album 'come on over'. sebelum tu dia ada album2 terdahulu, tapi aku tak berapa tau lagu2 dr album sblm tu. mmg byk lagu2 dia aku suka...

"Come On Over"

1. You're Still The One:bg:
2. When:bg:
3. From This Moment On:bg:
4. Black Eyes, Blue Tears:bg:
5. I Won't Leave You Lonely:bg:
6. I'm Holdin' On To Love (To Save My Life)
7. Come On Over:bg:
8. You've Got A Way
9. Whatever You Do! Don't!
10. Man! I Feel Like A Woman:bg:
11. Love Gets Me Every Time:bg:
12. Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You):bg:
13. That Don't Impress Me Much
14. Honey, I'm Home:bg:
15. If You Wanna Touch Her, Ask!:bg:
16. Rock This Country!:bg:

"UP!"

1.   Up!:bg:
2.   I'm Gonna Getcha Good!:bg:
3.   She's Not Just A Pretty Face :bg:
4.   Juanita:bg:
5.   Forever And For Always:bg:
6.   Ain't No Particular Way:bg:
7.   It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing:bg:
8.   Nah! :bg:
9.   (Wanna Get To Know You) That Good! :bg:
10.   C'est La Vie:bg:
11.   I'm Jealous:bg:
12.   Ka-Ching!
13.   Thank You Baby (For Makin' Someday Come So Soon):bg:
14.   Waiter! Bring Me Water!
15.   What A Way To Wanna Be!
16.   I Ain't Goin' Down :bg:
17.   I'm Not In The Mood (To Say No)! :bg:
18.   In My Car (I'll Be The Driver) :bg:
19.   When You Kiss Me:bg:

:bg: = suka
=suka sangat!

kesimpulannya, aku suka semua lagu2 dia dr dua album dia yg terkini... tak mustahil album2 dia sebelum ni pon aku suka. tp susah gak nak jumpe kat kedai album2 lama dia.

[ Last edited by sayangidaku on 21-12-2003 at 11:42 PM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 21-12-2003 11:43 PM | Show all posts
hmmm, aku dpt album 'up!' tu sbg hadiah b'day aku awal thn ni (dpd best fren aku-dia mmg tau aku minat giler kat shania). aku rasa mmg berbaloi, sbb dpd 19 lagu dlm tu...sumer aku suka.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-12-2003 11:46 PM | Show all posts
shania juga seorg bintang revlon...(selain halle berry)... aku rasa wajah shania lebih jelita dpd model revlon terdahulu...iaitu cindy crawford.

revlon beauties........

shania twain >>>

cindy crawford >>>

halle berry >>>

[ Last edited by sayangidaku on 22-12-2003 at 12:05 AM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-12-2003 12:04 AM | Show all posts
She has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard in my life..:bg:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-12-2003 12:06 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by *Orseas_Urusha at 2003-12-22 12:04 AM:
She has one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard in my life..:bg:

that's true!!!!!!!!

dengar ajela 'you've got a way'........syahdu sungguh......

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-12-2003 12:13 AM | Show all posts
kalo ikutkan skang ni, tahap ke'fanatik'ka aku terhadap shania dah mengatasi celine. lagu2 dia kebanyakanya membangkitkan mood... bile bosan mesti dgr lagu shania.
ditambah lg dgn wajah dia yg pd aku almost perfect(mengikut apa yg aku baca ttg seorg wartawan kat US komen ttg wajah dia sbg model revlon-satu pilihan yg tepat) & kisah hidup dia masa remaja yg penuh duka, di mana dia anak yatim piatu membesarkan adik2 dia dgn menyanyi...... dia nampak sbg seorang yg tabah dan betul2 bertanggungjawab(bolehla dijadikan contoh)... untung dia kawin dgn mutt lange(penerbit bersama album dan lagu2 bryan adams dulu, di mana bryan adams pon aku minat gak!-sbb tu lagu2 shania dan bryan adams byk ciri2 persamaan... especially when it comes to corny lyrics and song titles...).

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-12-2003 12:15 AM | Show all posts
Interesting Facts about Shania Twain

Birth name: Eilleen Regina Edwards
she later adopted the first name Shania, which means
"I'm on my way" in the Ojibwa Indian Language.

Birthplace: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Birthday: August 28, 1965

Hometown: Timmins, Ontario

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 110

Eyes: * Green

Hair: Brown

Spouse: Robert John "Mutt" Lange, married 12/28/93

What they call each other: Shania calls Mutt "Love"; Mutt calls Shania "Woody" (one of her hiarstyles reminds him of the cartood charcter)

Parents: Adoptive father Jerry Twain and mother Sharon,who were killed in a car crash in 1987
Clarence Edwards (birth father)

Siblings: Jill, Carrie-Ann, Mark, Darryl (Shania is the second oldest)

Roots: Irish and French-Canadian, raised with Ojibwa Indian Culture

Previous jobs: foreman of reforestation crew; singer at a resort; McDonalds,

Ideal job other than current: Veterinerian

Unusual talent: Juggling

Current residence: near Lake Placid, NY

Favorite City: Rome, Italy

Favorite Foods: Pasta, Vegetarian

Favorite Dessert: All pastries but especially peach pie

Favorite Colors: Red, Green

Current label: Mercury Nashville

Favorite Music: Everything

Favorite performers and musical influences: Gladys Knight, Dolly Parton, Karen Carpenter, The Mamas & The Papas, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Tammy Wynette, The Supremes

Favorite Group: The Backstreet Boys (huh? mcm tak percaya..tp aku dpt tau madonna pun minat BSB gak...hehehe)

Favorite Actor: Jim Carey

Favorite Actress: Jessica Lange, Jodie Foster

Recreation: Camping, Horseback Riding

Favorite sport: skiing

Best Characteristic: Resourceful

Worst Characteristic: Impatient

What Shania Values Most: Family and happiness

Instrument: Acoustic Guitar

[ Last edited by sayangidaku on 22-12-2003 at 05:06 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2003 12:49 AM | Show all posts
Aku suka lagu Juanita, especially yang Bollywood mix, besh betol!

Aku dulu terbaca beauty tips from Shania. Orang tu tanya, kenapa muka dia cantik, bersih dan nampak sentiasa gebu. Dia cakap, dekat kampung dia dulu, dia miskin. So nak beli produk memahal nih memang susah, jadi dia sapu Cow Udder Cream kat muka dia (Krim untuk buah dada lembu :eek. Dia kata krim nih memang untuk menggebukan buah dada lembu tuh, so dia try kat muka dia. Sampai skarang dia masih pakai, harga baru USD4 jer.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2003 12:50 AM | Show all posts
EEK!! Baru perasan aku nyer besday sama ngan Shania Twain, next year bleh sambut sesama, tapi aku lagi muda ler

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2003 01:20 AM | Show all posts
she's very talented.. suara bagus, bleh main gitar, bleh menari sikit

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2003 01:23 AM | Show all posts

Shania Twain - ST

ST .. kira artis yg berjaya selain CD ...
suara dia .. kekadang sengau ler biler dia nak tarik suara ..
ada certain2 time la tersengau lak ..

lagu yg Fly minat skarang nih Ka-Ching .. syok gak lagu tuh
then banyak la .. yg pnah on air kat radio ...

pakej dia kira perfect la ... body, look n talent ... complete ..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-12-2003 01:37 AM | Show all posts
baru tengok billboard chart tadik.. she's officially awarded with diamond for her album, "Up!". Wah.. bertambahlah koleksi diamond kat rumah tu...

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2003 01:40 AM | Show all posts
Boleh senaraikan tak album dia lain yg diamond? Aku rasa album Shania Twain ialah satu瞡ya album yg dpt diamond selepas tahun 2001. Sblm nie, paling tinggi jualan pun, Linkin Park, Eminem, Norah Jones & Enya.

Tapi rasanya lepas nie, mungkin Outkast boleh dpt diamond sbb album diorang skarang pun dah sampai 6 juta. TUnggu masa lagi tu..

Use magic Report

Post time 22-12-2003 01:47 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Muntz at 22-12-2003 01:40 AM:
Boleh senaraikan tak album dia lain yg diamond? Aku rasa album Shania Twain ialah satu瞡ya album yg dpt diamond selepas tahun 2001. Sblm nie, paling tinggi jualan pun, Linkin Park, Eminem, Norah Jo ...

diamonds??? cam ner tu?
ST dpt brapa sampai dpt diamonds?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-12-2003 01:28 PM | Show all posts
ok2...album 'come on over' yg terjual sebanyak 19 juta unit(kat US shj!) tu sasahla dpt diamond kan. pastu album sebelum tu, 'the woman in me' pon tak silap dpt diamond gak(10 juta). kire dia dh ada 3 album dpt diamond(jualan lebih 10 juta bg satu album utk dptkan diamond). platinum lak 1 juta. kire kalo album 'come on over tu cecah jualan 20 juta(skang ni tak mungkinla), shania boleh jadi the only woman artist in history dpt 'double diamond' album...

tp yg aku tak puas hati album 'come on over' tu kalah dgn album dixie chicks masa grammy utk kategori best country album. aku rasa antara sebab2 kalah, album shania byk unsur pop...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

12-5-2024 05:18 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.086169 second(s), 44 queries .