CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2725|Reply: 1

Buddhist Sermon Series 4

[Copy link]
Post time 11-4-2015 03:54 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

"Six years of torturing style practice broke my body and mind completely.  My consciousness had not been pure enough to recognize selflessness.  I decided to quit all the practices and go back to a normal life in a small village.  I let my body and mind recover from the exhaustion.  Taking enough rest and eating milk soup with rice eliminated physical fatigue.  Taking a bath gave me peace of mind.  Then, I thought different ways to purify my consciousness."

---- The Buddha

Learning points:
  • As the Buddha regretted his extreme styles of practice, he also noticed the importance of optimum balance of the three subjects (Body, Mind, and Consciousness).
  • As long as one is still alive, one cannot disconnect the three subjects.  As one pays serious attention to purify consciousness to attain the final salvation, one must also pay similar attention to maintain the best possible conditions of body and mind.
  • If one's body and mind are not in good shape, purification of the consciousness cannot be done.  In addition, meditation will be bothered due to poor conditions of body and mind.  If one cannot meditate correctly, one will not be able to create chances to let consciousness experience the nothingness (selflessness). This is the Buddha's way of enlightenment.
  • Eating well and correctly, taking a rest well, and feeling peace in mind are all important factors of the Right Practice.

here's the link: http://shingyotemple.jimdo.com/seminary/sermon/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 11-4-2015 05:16 PM | Show all posts

Buddhist Sermon 4 link

video here:   

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-4-2024 12:08 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.053310 second(s), 32 queries .