CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 25857|Reply: 308

[Tempatan] Bimbo (anak Zahid) cari pasal lagi, kutuk Flight Attendant MAS pulak

Close [Copy link]
Post time 30-3-2016 03:38 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Flight attendants are up in arms after deputy prime minister’s daughter Nurulhidayah Ahmad Zahid criticised Malaysia Airlines Bhd for having “old” flight attendants.

Nurulhidayah said this in a posting on her Instagram account, but has since removed it.

“It is unbecoming and has angered many Malaysia Airlines cabin crew members. As the DPM’s daughter, she must be more courteous in her comments on the social media.

“She should show sensitivity and watch her behaviour, especially with the rakyat,” National Union of Flight Attendants Malaysia president Ismail Nasaruddin said in a statement today.

Ismail said Nurulhidayah’s behaviour online reflected on her upbringing, and showed that her father is not people-friendly.

“As a woman, she should have considered the dignity of the stewardesses and fought for their rights as female workers, not condemn them,” he said.

Ismail said the Nufam office has received many calls from its members who expressed disappointment with what Nurulhidayah wrote.

She now has to use budget airline

In her posting, Nurulhidayah said her company is going through budget cuts so she has to fly with budget airline AirAsia instead.

She is head of Corporate Communications at Syarikat Perumahan Negara Bhd.

“Malaysia Airlines is super expensive and the stewardesses are mostly old. I hope my harsh views would not be seen as trying to intervene in government policy,” she quipped.She also used the hashtag #jangankecamsaya (don’t condemn me) and laughing emoji.

Nurulhidayah (photo) has since removed the posting, but put up a screenshot from crowdsourced ratings website airlineratings.com, about 2.30pm today.

The screenshot is of a reviewer giving Malaysia Airlines the thumbs down for rude service by the cabin crew.

“By the way, this rate is not from me. Let the comments speak for itself (sic),” she said, using the hashtag #fact.

Nurulhidayah earlier courted flak over her reaction, when challenged to do blue collar work.

This was after her father challenged Malaysian youths to do the dirty, dangerous and difficult work that foreigners are hired for, if they do not want an influx of migrant workers.

Retaliating, Nurulhidayah told those who condemned her to seek her forgiveness in the afterlife.

She added that she is not part of the elite and had also worked as waitress during her student years.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 30-3-2016 03:52 PM | Show all posts
https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/335854

Ada screenshot kat sini, siapa yang pandai tolong paste pls

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 30-3-2016 04:11 PM | Show all posts

Thanks Sis, takut nanti orang tuduh I paste berita palsu.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-4-2016 01:54 PM | Show all posts
The recent comments by Nurulhidayah Ahmad Zahid on Malaysia Airlines’s (MAS) cabin crew brought to mind an incident between Clare Booth, 35, and Dorothy Parker, then an elderly socialite.
See, Booth and Parker apparently went to a social event in which both of them tried to exit through the same door. Being somewhat of an ageist, Booth stepped aside and held the door open for Parker, saying, “age before beauty.”
Nonchalantly, Parker graciously exited before giving a stinging retort: “Pearls before swine.”
On Wednesday, Nurulhidayah decided it was fair game to criticise MAS on Instagram, and this was highlighted in a news portal. In her post, she commented on finding chewing gum on the seats, a rather disgusting sight, I agree. In fact, I’m sure MAS could look into the performance of its cleanup crew to ensure the upholstery on its seats are properly cared for.
Here’s the thing; what did the age of the cabin crew have to do with anything?
Apparently Nurulhidayah, who is supposedly the Head of Corporate Communications for national affordable housing company Syarikat Perumahan Negara Bhd, decided it was right to mention ageism as an issue with cabin crews.
Now if I may ask – with most of us here being Asians and all – when did we begin to have such an insolent and arrogant generation of yuppies? Calling in someone’s age no longer makes it a professional critique at a workplace as she said when defending herself.

And yes, such insolence and arrogance does bring into question how Nurulhidayah was raised, especially considering that her father is Deputy Prime Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi. In fact, I have always thought the reason we were served by “experienced” cabin crew for long-haul flights was because they were veterans.
This is my experience flying Qatar Airways, British Airways, KLM and even Japan Airlines. At the same time, I ask everyone to consider the scenarios you are putting these flight attendants in.
A crude job description of their task for long-haul flights is to take care of some over 200 strangers in a cramped space over the span of more than ten hours in the most professional manner possible.
Perhaps Nurulhidayah would like to take a challenge and try being a flight attendant for a week – working in cramped quarters in a plane with a flight attendant-to-passenger-ratio of more than 1:15, including anxious chain smokers like myself who have no access to nicotine, random drunkards who insist on having a steady stream of liquor and even the ones who request for water every half an hour – all this in a span of 14 to 18 hours with nowhere to run. Also, no vaping.
And upon landing, you must still be able to freeze that smile on your face, with not a hair out of place and wish everyone well. If flight attendants of MAS are old to her, then considering the Malaysian population median age of 27.4 years, maybe it is time for her to ask her father to retire on the same basis.
And while chasing skirts is not my thing, I will always be amazed at how MAS flight attendants can be “old” yet still look good in a kebaya.
Flight attendants truly go to hell and back on each and every flight because they have to treat total strangers professionally. While there are passengers who are mollified by being waited on in such a way, there are those who believe they may deserve to be pampered even more.
There are a lot of things that can be suggested to better MAS, from Chef Wan’s comment on the “naked nasi lemak” which falls to the in-flight caterers to the lack of communication to passengers when its London flight was diverted to Manchester.
Nurulhidayah could have been professional and left it at how the plane needed proper cleaning. Instead, all she proved was that parents and status do not breed class.
Hafidz Baharom is an FMT reader.
With a firm belief in freedom of expression and without prejudice, FMT tries its best to share reliable content from third parties. Such articles are strictly the writer’s personal opinion. FMT does not necessarily endorse the views or opinions given by any third party content provider.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 03:41 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 1.682516 second(s), 32 queries .