Gadis_Venus Publish time 3-8-2005 08:33 PM

SAIF: WHY TO SHOULDER FULL RESPONSIBILITY?

Saif Ali Khan alias Chhote Nawab has undergone several ups and downs in his life. But the recent successes in ' Kal Ho Na' and 'Hum Tum' have profusely heartened him. This has indeed given him a new life, especially when he suffered a big shock of separating from his actor wife Amrita Singh after leading a happy life for several years. This has mellowed the ever smiling and talkative chhote nawab down. He attributes it to his growing age though. Saif has the ambition of becoming a solo hero like Shah Rukh or Aamir Khan for whose movies the people anxiously wait for years. But until then he would continue acting in multistarrers. "Why should I shoulder the whole responsibility of a movie?" We met him recently.

Did you feel at ease while acting in 'Parineeta'?

Yes, it was very easy. My image is of a carefree, and high-energy youth. I try to show it on the screen though I don't feel so all the time. I also feel sad, serious and quiet like any other normal person. One can never stay in the same mood. What's acting? It's an expression of one's emotions and thoughts. There are many ways to express them. I also do it.

How do you look at your character of Shekhar in 'Parineeta'?

Shekhar's character in 'Parineeta' is slightly difficult. He feels suffocated under the pressure of his father. It has become his temperament. I like it. One commits a mistake under somebody's pressure. So, Shekhar revolts against the pressure. Though he belongs to a business family, yet he loves music. His father doesn't appreciate his son's love for music. That's why they neither talk nor respect each other. Despite this weakness in his character, Shekhar changes his temperament and asserts himself. That's why he becomes a hero, and I like his character.

Will your fans like you playing Shekhar's role?

Viewers get bored with one playing the same character every now and then. Everyone enjoys new interesting things. To play this character was both an easy as well as a hard task for me. It was difficult because I had to look back for this role. I found this easy as I think Shekhar's is a normal character.

What about your 'Salaam Namastey'?

This is a fun-filled movie. A boy from Punjab goes to Australia to study architecture, but turns a chef and cooks food there. The movie has good music.

Haven't you changed your selection of movies and also the working style?

It happens with the age. Moreover, the industry is also undergoing a change. Everyone wants to complete the film in one schedule now. I am also doing it. Besides, I am trying to give a different look in every movie. I don't want to get bored by looking at my pictures. People should anxiously wait for my new movie.

Is it true that after 'Hum Tum' you had decided to be a solo hero in your movies?

I am not a fool to take the full responsibility of a movie on my shoulders. If I get a solo, I shall be happy. Otherwise I shall do multistarrer. I acted in 'LoC' too. I wish the people to wait for my forthcoming movies as they do for Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan's films. Until then I shall continue acting in multistarrers.

How do you feel now leading a lonely life?

I have never been alone. I am busy in a lot of things. Yes, I got sometime to talk to myself in the meantime. The life will go on though many things didn't work. One cannot go on lamenting for what has already happened.

Would you comment on reports about you in a section of the media?

I don't know about their intention. It has hurt me though. Being a human being, I have limitations to keep everyone happy forever. However, I would never like to hurt or harm anyone. But, I wish to be allowed to keep myself happy.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal359.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 3-8-2005 08:34 PM

Saif deserved the National Award: Sharmila

New Delhi, Aug 3 (UNI): Denying 'playing any role' in her son and Bollywood actor Saif Ali Khan bagging the National Award for the film 'Hum Tum', Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chief Sharmila Tagore has said the actor had the ability to win the honour and he deserved it.

"It is wrong to say that I used my clout and influence in getting Saif the National Award. This is totally baseless. This controversy is totally unwarranted and unfounded. It is a committee of the Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry that decides the awards and the Censor Board has no say in it," Sharmila, who was here to participate in the National Seminar of Consumer Coordination Council, said while talking to media persons.

Sharmila is tipped to become the brand ambassador of the Council and an announcement to this effect will be made soon.

Saif Ali Khan
http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal361.jpg

Sharmila Tagore
http://www.rumela.com/albums/sharmila_tagore/sharmila_tagore01.highlight.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 3-9-2005 06:37 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 3-8-2005 08:36 PM

JOHN ABRAHAM TURNS A HOT STAR

John Abraham has become a hot star of Bollywood after his successful films like 'Dhoom' last year and 'Kaal' this year. We had a brief talk with him recently.

Did you know that 'Kaal' would have a bumper opening?

Yes, Not only I but everyone in the industry could imagine that a film having names of Karan Johar and Shah Rukh Khan linked with a film is sure to attract a bumper opening. The director of 'Yuva' has presented this movie very well.

How has it turned a little cool after some time?

This is a mystery movie. After discovering the mystery one will not like to see it again. The mystery was out through mouth publicity too by the audience. Anyway, the movie has done a good business.

Aren't you very excited with your next 'Virudh'?

Yes, I am. In fact, I started weeping after Maheshji narrated the script to me. I am sure that the movie will bring tears in the eyes of its female audience. However, I don't have any major role in this movie. I am playing son of Amitabh Bachchan though.

Is 'Virudh' a copy of 'Saaransh'?

No, it's not. I have watched 'Saaransh'. 'Virudh' is completely different from 'Saaransh'.

What's the status of 'Garam Masala'?

The audience will find a different John in 'Garam Masala'. This is Priyadarshan's movie, and it is almost complete. To act in a comedy isn't an easy task. I have tried to do this comedy as Akshay Kumar provided me a few tips. I have enjoyed a lot while working with Paresh Rawal, Akshay Kumar and Rajpal Yadav.

What's your position in the industry today? Who do you give credit for it?

The credit for all this goes to Mahesh Bhatt. He gave me an opportunity in 'Jism'. I have no godfather in the industry. I have reached this position due to my hard work.

http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/indian%20%20celebrities(m)/john%20abraham/joh18a.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 4-8-2006 03:42 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 3-8-2005 08:37 PM

John-Nana in yet another movie on male bonding

Mumbai, August 2, 2005

John Abraham seems to be very much at ease with films on male bonding. His chemistry with male co-stars appears much stronger than with the Bollywood queens.

The latest film he does on male bonding is Ramesh Sippy's satirical caper Taxi Nau-Do-Gyarah, directed by Milan Luthria.

"It is about a day in the life of two opposite natured people - a millionaire and a taxi-driver - played by me and Nana Patekar," says John.

The film might remind one of last year's Hollywood crime thriller Collateral, starring Tom Cruise and Jamie Fox.

"Was Nana difficult to handle?

"Not at all. He may be difficult with difficult people. But I'm so easygoing and hassle-free," says John.

"When I'm shooting, I love to spend time with my male co-stars ... more so than my female co-stars, so much that they often feel left behind," he says.

"During 'Kaal' Vivek (Oberoi) and I became friends and in the case of Dhoom, it was with Abhishek (Bachchan) and Uday (Chopra). Yeah, I was heartbroken when I was left out of Dhoom II."

"My bonding with Akshay Kumar during Priyadarshan's Garam Masala was amazing. I knew Akshay was quite adept at comedy whereas it was a first for me. I just turned to him and asked him to show me what to do," John says.

"Akshay was my guru during Garam Masala, just as I'm learning from Nana Patekar during Taxi Nau-Do-Gyarah."

Continues John: "Even on the sets of my next release Viruddh, I just kept following Amitabh Bachchan's movements. He's just great. I love both the father and son."

That puts an end to the growing reputation of a ladies' man.

John can't stop chuckling: "Ladies' man? Give me my motorbikes and male co-stars and see how happy I am."

Speaking of motorbikes, John is ecstatic about his first advertisement. "It was for a brand of bikes, so I couldn't resist it. Do you know the story for the ad was mine?

"I told the Yamaha guys how my brother didn't let me touch his bike and how I longed to own one. They immediately decided to incorporate the idea into an ad," he says.

John Abraham
http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal3585.jpg

Nana Patekar
http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal1462.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 3-9-2005 06:38 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 3-8-2005 08:39 PM

SUMAN: EXPOSURE DOESN'T MAKE A HIT

Actress Suman Ranganathan who has been away for some time following her marriage is back to Bollywood. When asked if she couldn't stay away from the glamour world even after the marriage, she quipped, " I had never announced at the time of the marriage that I shall take sanyas from films. So, there is no question of returning to my profession." However, she admits that she did remain cut off from the industry for some time. "Yes, I was away from films for a few months, and it was natural. Now, I am back to work." Suman said this to smashits. She is acting in her next 'Sauda-The Deal' being directed .by Jayaprakash.

She says that her role in this movie is different (hat ke). " Really, the story is different. I am playing the character of a girl who intensely loves a businessman played by Aryan Vaid. Unfortunately, Aryan is married with Priti Jhangiani. Despite this she doesn't forget Aryan, and wants to get her by hook or crook. Sanjay Kapoor helps her in this. Aryan sells Priti, and Sanjay buys her. The story's climax is if the girl succeeds in her mission. " This shows that Suman's role is negative. However, she denies it. " My role may look like a negative one, but it's not true. This is the story of a girl who is determined to do anything to achieve her lovebird."

Suman Ranganathan is well known in film industry for her sexy scenes and bold exposure. Again, she denies it. " I am changed now. I shall never agree to do a role that has nudity in it. I realize that neither a movie nor a heroine proves a hit due to skin exposure. If it were so my movie' Stree' would have been a hit. I may also add that 'Bazaar' was first offered to me, but I declined it because the director expected a lot of skin show from me. I am very choosy now." Besides, she says that the taste of the audience has undergone a sea change. Yes, a section of the viewers are still keen on watching skin shows, but these people don't make a movie hit or a flop. . That's the reason why the heroines who competed with each other in exposure in the recent past try to prove their talent or skill now, she adds.

Suman has other movies in her kitty too. They are 'Gumnaam' and 'Deoki'. She will be seen in her new avatar in these movies, she claims. Would she change her image in her forthcoming movies? She says, "Glamour is essential to stay in the mainstream cinema. However, I want to do challenging roles too. I want to work with good artistes, directors and banners. I am practicing it in my life also. While I acted with Manisha Koirala in 'Market' in the past, I have acted with Amitji and Hema Malini in 'Bagbaan' now. I am very happy and contented with my changing image in the industry."

http://www.rumela.com/albums/suman/suman02.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 3-8-2005 08:43 PM

Amisha Patel's compulsion

Amisha Patel who left her parents' house for her boyfriend director Vikram Bhatt is yet unsettled in life as the latter hasn't married with her. In fact, she had sued her parents for mismanaging her funds, and left them for the sake of marrying with Vikram, contrary to their wishes. Now, she has been profusely praising Vikram Bhatt in the public so that they get wedded at the earliest. Maybe it's her compulsion at the moment. Meanwhile, Amisha has been stated to be involved with singer Adnan Sami. Some circles feel that she can have relations with anyone for her gain. She denies it though, and claims, " I have no affair with Adnan. Neither do I try to develop relations with anybody for any personal gain. I am a different type of girl. Yes, I have worked with Adnan in a music video and has been abroad with him for shows. Thus, I have developed contacts with him. That's all."

http://www.bollywoodpicturesgallery.com/amisha/amisha03.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 3-8-2005 08:44 PM

Sakshi boasts to humble Aish

Sakshi Shivanand of the 'Wow' fame is on the cloud nine these days. She claims that Jagmohan Mundhra's Aishwarya Rai starrer 'Provoked' is a zerox copy of Raju Kher -directed 'Wow', starring her in the lead role. She is very excited about her movie being released earlier than 'Provoked' as has been announced by Anupam Kher's brother Raju. However, Aish claims that there is no link between 'Provoked' and 'Wow'. Aish is therefore unperturbed despite Sakshi announcing from the rooftop in every party she attends that the Aish starrer ' Provoked' is the carbon copy of her 'Wow'.

Aishwarya Rai
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actresses/Ashwarya/Janubaba_25005_3693131_C4H5.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 27-4-2006 09:06 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 3-8-2005 08:45 PM

Ramu's shelters Aftaab

Aftaab Shivdasani is very happy to find a safe shelter in the Ram Gopal Verma's camp. Luckily, Ramu has signed him for two films. Though, he has worked with Ramu earlier too in 'Masti'. Now, Aftaab was desperate, as he had found all doors closed for him. Meanwhile, Ramu gave him an entry though in his forthcoming 'Darwaza Band' (Door Closed). This movie has already resumed shooting.

Ram Gopal Verma
http://img.indiaglitz.com/hindi/interviews/ram060605_1.jpg

Aftab Shivdasani
http://www.bollywoodpicturesgallery.com/aftab/aftab02.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 19-10-2005 05:15 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 3-8-2005 08:46 PM

Sush turning filmmaker

Sushmita Sen has decided to turn a filmmaker. She is doing it to support her boyfriend Randeep Hooda, whose release 'D' based on the underworld, recently flopped at the box office. This hurt Sush and she decided to promote Hooda herself. According to reports reaching here, Sushmita is getting ready to play the lead role in the movie. Besides, she is trying to write a story for it too. However, she is not clear in her find if to ask Hooda to act in it or not.

http://bollywoodpicturesgallery.com/ss/ss03.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 3-8-2005 08:49 PM

John Abraham's resolve

John Abraham has decided to enter film production by following in the footsteps of his seniors like Suniel Shetty and Ajay Devgan, besides others. Why does he want to venture into it? It is said that he wishes to play the lead role of Hollywood movie titled ' I am Sam'. Will he consult his seniors who ventured into this field and failed?

http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/indian%20%20celebrities(m)/john%20abraham/joh17a.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 4-8-2006 03:46 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 4-8-2005 10:37 AM

PREITY LINKED WITH ABHISHEK?

The film industry is full of gossips. We heard one such gossip recently, taking round in the media too. Preity Zinta was noticed with Abhishek Bachchan in a hotel near the Nariman Point in Mumbai. The report claims that there is a video to vouchsafe this event. Yes, there is nothing wrong in it. However, the case of Preity is different from others inasmuch as she is the only 'man' in Bollywood who stood by her word and appeared as a witness in the court when her seniors had dared not.

She is the only actor to pose a challenge to Aishwarya Rai today. That's why we are sure that she would stand to it if it were true otherwise she would blast the myth spread by her adversaries. In any case, let's wait for Preity's reaction to it. However, sources close to the Bachchan family confirm that the family, meaning Abhishek's parents, are fond of Preity and would be happy if Preity and Abhishek decide to enter into wedlock.

After the break-up of the relations between Abhishek Bachchan and Karisma Kapoor, the Bachchan family was seen admiring Rani Mukherjee. The film industry and the media related with it thought it wise to talk about their thick relationship. However, Rani Mukherjee clarified that she is very friendly with Abhishek and has a lot of regard for his family, but didn't say anything more than this, presumably that it is enough to put an end to such a talk. Linking of Abhishek with a Bollywood girl isn't new though!

Preity Zinta
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actresses/Preity/Janubaba_43205_Sample_UMMB.jpg

Abhishek Bachchan
http://www.janubaba.com/wallpapers/images/wp_Janubaba_AbhishekBachchan_2006314235943SAO7SB.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 29-11-2006 04:24 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 4-8-2005 10:59 AM

GOVINDA: I AM IN POLITICS TO SERVE

Bollywood's once dear Chichi, who turned a politician, is always conscious about his role in politics. He says, " I am in politics to serve." He has realized that he would never attain even the tenth position in his political party, what to talk about Number One position. We talked to him during his stay in New Delhi.

Why did you disappear from films since your entry in politics?

I had been busy with my long-awaited 'Sukh'. Then, I had to attend to my parliamentary constituency. Hence, I was away from Bollywood. Now, my movie that remained canned for several years has finally released. That's why the movie didn't fare well at the box office.

Where have you reached in the first year of your political career?

Well you can call me an anadi (not well versed) in politics. My party nominated me and the people voted. So, it's my first duty to serve them now. I am in politics to serve.

Can you narrate any special achievement as a Member of Parliament?

Yes. I have spent the entire money allotted to me for my constituency. There was an acute water problem there. I have removed this.

What are you doing on the filmi front?

I am acting in a David Dhawan's untitled movie opposite Priyanka Chopra. After completing this, I shall sign another. After being elected to Parliament, I have decided to do one movie a year. After all, I have to look after my constituency besides shouldering political responsibility. Hence, I visit my constituents in Mumbai at least once a week to redress their grievances.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal272.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 4-8-2005 11:02 AM

'Govinda naahi aala re'

Is what people in MP Govinda's constituency have to say about his absenteeism. BT grills the actor-turned-politician

Where has Govinda disappeared?

I don't know who's generating these baseless rumours. I am very much here. Contrary to current rumours, I visited my constituency -- Mumbai North -- and with the able help of our Revenue Minister, Narayan Rane and Gurudas Kamat, I distributed food and cheques to the concerned victims. I am making other necessary arrangements to help for the people affected.

What are these necessary arrangements?

See, it's a natural calamity, and we must understand that. People aren't able to differentiate between the BMC, an MP and the local corporator. It's just a blame game happening now. Instead of blaming each other, we all, I mean all political parties, should come forward to join hands and help salvage the situation. This is not the time to point fingers at each other and say who's done how much. Let's not politicise natural disasters like this. I have spoken to Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, and I'm planning to bring him to my constituency and give him a first-hand experience. The Centre has announced Rs 500-crore package and the state is taking initiatives. I am still learning the ropes.

Do you feel politics was a wrong decision for an actor like you?

I feel helpless in certain situations. Today, I am being exposed to a new side of politics. A strange side! I wouldn't say it was a wrong decision because I am in the process of learning. It's too early to say anything.

Your film career is completely in doldrums...

Yes. So, I am also trying to revive my film career. I am actually approaching people for work today. Such is life. I have no qualms in saying it. Today, I am ready to do character roles. And I know my friends in the industry will do justice to whatever they give me. I am personally making calls to Yash Chopra, Raj Kumar Santoshi and many others. Very soon you'll hear some good news. We are working out something with my old friends like Salman Khan and David Dhawan.

http://www.dialindia.com/bollywood/actors/govinda/large/01.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 4-8-2005 11:15 AM

SHAHID COMES OUT AS BEST NEW TALENT IN 'FIDA'

The 'Ishq Vishq' combination of director Ken Ghosh and Shahid Kapoor with producer Tips is back now in 'Fida'. The former video maker Ken admits that in doing his second movie, he had pressure on him. 'Fida' is starring Kareena Kapoor, Fardeen Khan and Shahid Kapoor.

In the movie, Shahid is playing the role as Jai who has a vision of the girl he is going to fall in love with, and he always tells about his dream girl to his best friend Kim Sharma who is doing a guest appearance. One day, he sees her. He again gets a glimpse of his dream girl and he starts following her, he finds her in a Gurudwara and gets her out there. But Neha (Kareena) had no interest in him in the beginning. But later one day in a restaurant he proposes to her.

Then Neha taunts him that he would boast that he is so much in love with her that he would even sacrifice his life for her. These words of her make him feel so bad that he tries to commit suicide by taking sleeping pills. Seeing his utter determination and willingness to do anything for Neha, she also finally falls in love with him. Jai thinks theirs is the perfect love story, but ...unfortunately it was being written by someone else.

Shahid Kapoor in his second film asserts himself as the best new talent in the industry. If in 'Ishq Vishq' people enjoyed his boyish looks, in 'Fida' people would love the verve and dynamism in his performance. His sparkle and energy would definitely capture all those watchers. Whereas in this film Kareena with the depiction of the character of 'Neha' has shown her aptitude and multiplicity as one of India's best well-defined actors. With an amazingly spontaneous and natural performance she entices the audience to be pasted to there seat!

One cannot say that only Jai's love is passionate even Vikram (Fardeen Khan) is never seen before presentation, brings life to the character of a smooth 'Vikram Verma' with ingenuity and fitness. Truly a refined performance! He is the actual love boy of Neha for whom Neha had used Jai's love as a pawn. Even the Vikram's (Fardeen Khan) love story is a passionate one, but? it did not go as planned.

The soundtrack, containing five songs and one instrumental, kick-starts on an upbeat note with Aaja ve mahi. It's a mix of funky bhangra and jazzy disco beats. The track features the voices of Kareena Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor as well. Aaja ve mahi has all the ingredients to get you grooving on the floor. Nazar nazar is about a guy who thinks about the girl of his dreams. The track starts off with promise, but fails to maintain a musical rhythm. The initial high point over, it slides to take a somewhat disappointing turn.

The album also features an instrumental version of the same song. Maine jisko chaha is easily the best of the lot, a rather sexy and immensely catchy song sung by Alisha Chinoy along with Sonu Nigam. The song is quite lengthy, though. It runs for a whole eight minutes and 14 seconds! Dil mere naa is strictly ho-hum. And Sameer's lyrics 'I love you like crazy, I want you like crazy' do not make the situation any better. Last but not the least is Aaj kaho sanam jitna - a melodious duet that maintains a mellow note throughout. If people listen to it a couple of times they may actually start liking it better.

Barring Maine jisko chaha and Aaja ve mahi, there is nothing unusual about the rest of the album. The later part of the movie is picturized in foreign location where Jai is portrayed in a different look. At that time he is totally turned to be a villain where he is interested to take revenge from Kareena who betrayed him.

But it is a question mark now that in the end of the story who is going to hold the hand of Kareena, whether it is Fardeen or Shahid. As a whole 'Fida' is a love triangle. It has more to it with a heist involved in the love story adding an element of thrill.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/shropshire/films/bollywood/2004/07/images/shahid_kapoor_fida_150.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 4-8-2005 11:24 AM

BIPASHA MESMERIZES VIEWERS, BUT DIRECTOR FAILS

Ever wondered why all those gossip magazines have slowly disappeared from newsstands. Most of them who were making big benefits by mouth-watering gossips and titillating pictures have vanished from the scenes. Only few have survived and that is because they have news content. It is a sign that film fans are losing interest in the personal life of the celebrities and they are more interested in filmmaking and its evolution as a new genre. So most of the films made recently with real life pair have flopped miserably barring only a few that can be counted on fingers.

If Aishwarya Rai could not bring fame for her friend Vivek Oberoi in 'Kyun Ho Gaya Naa', then it was Kareena Kapoor who could not bring luck to his close buddy Shahid Kapoor in 'Fida'. Now, the same question looms large on Bipasha Basu. Will she be lucky once again for her boyfriend John Abraham in this new film of this week 'Madhoshi'? They have done wonders at the box office with soft-porn movie 'Jism' and got the slot of best selling hot pair. The pair's credibility to sell a film on their shoulders is at risk in 'Madhoshi'. The outcome of the film is going to decide whether we are going to see more films of the pair or not? Also, the fate of its director Tanveer Khan is at stake as he makes his debut with this film that is also the very first one made in this part of the continent on the 9/11 tragedy.

'Madhoshi' brings in the emotional saga of a tragedy that shook the world three years back. Bipasha Basu for the first time works in a film that walks and talks just about the character. To work in a woman-centric film is not an easy job but Bipasha Basu who is otherwise only referred to as sex bomb has come out as a sensitive actress. She plays Anupama in 'Madhoshi', a girl whose life is shattered when her sister and brother-in-law become victims of September 11 tragedy in New York. Her mental balance too suffers a major setback and she becomes seriously ill. Life becomes miserable for her parents (effectively played by Rajiv Verma and Smita Jaykar) seeing the conditions of their daughter, but the life moves on.

After some time, Anupama tries to recollect shackles of life and at this juncture of her life she is introduced to an ad world guy named Arpit (Priyanshu Chatterjee). They get engaged and both of them head for a happy family. But once again the fate plays its part with Anupama. Arpit is on a tour for some important work and returns home. Anupama meets a handsome guy called Aman (John Abraham), working against the terrorists' outfits. Aman and Anupama find the chemistry between them and start running in a cozy relationship. Arpit comes back and all the preparations for the marriage start but Anupama refuses to tie the knot with him. The drama takes another turn when Arpit sets about to find out who this guy in his life really is.

'Madhoshi', earlier titled 'Mumkin', heavily relies on the hit pair of 'Jism', Bipasha Basu and John. John who is riding high these days post the success of Yashraj Films' 'Dhoom', brings in a lot of energy and mystery once again in this film. But, his role comes a bit late in the film. 'Madhoshi' though made as a mystery film starts with any another masala flick from Bollywood. Too many songs and stupid situations may have created a light atmosphere before the actual drama sets in. But it works negavtively because people have come in with a pre-set mind to see the film.

The major portion in first half is wasted in creating a mood that does not get with the actual setting of the story plot. And, by the time actual drama starts setting in, viewers start feeling uneasy as to what the director is up to. Tanveer, who has also written the film besides holding the megaphone, may have done intentionally to give a shock treatment to viewers. However, it fails to work in favor of the film. John and Bipasha's intimate scenes look repetitive. They are neither sensuous nor erotic.

Tanveer's debut film is a brave attempt to break away from the set mould of film making in Bollywood. But it needs a better screenplay if not the story. The casting is perfect but Priyanshu's character could have been more logical. His appearances and then disappearance in the major portion of the film and then again his resurfacing in last scenes does not make a perfect impact on the plot. Priyanshu's career would have taken wings to fly like anything but his wrong selection of roles is taking him nowhere.

He is a good actor and a better orator than many but he is not getting right roles. Ghazal singer Roop Kumar Rathod doubles in this film as music director, but the music is not as impressive as his voice is. Most of the songs in the film work as hindrance for the story progression and that mars the impact of the music. Some songs may be hummable but only at home not in theatres. 'Madhoshi' is a weak film loaded with strong performance by Bipasha Basu. If it fails at the box office, the fault lies with its director and not with the cast.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal2039.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 14-1-2006 02:32 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 4-8-2005 11:31 AM

SUNNY DEOL WILL BE FUNNY IN HIS NEXT

Bollywood's action man Sunny Deol will be in a new avatar this time round in his 'Jo Bole So Nihal'. He will play a sardar that he has played earlier too in 'Border' and 'Gadar'. Now, he acts as a sardar and a policeman too. The police is usually shown as an adversary in movies, but Sunny Deol will make them proud in this movie. We met him recently and had a chat with him.

What's are your expectations as a sardar in 'Jo Bole so Nihal'?

I wish this movie to be a hit like the other two.

What's your experience while working with Rahul Rawel once again?

Yes, I worked with him in 'Betaab', 'Arjun', and 'Arjun Pandit'. This has helped us in coming closer. This helps in making a better movie.

Is 'Jo Bole So Nihal' a comedy? Do you act funny in it?

Yes, I have played the character of a sardar who reaches the US but is unaware of the customs there. Hence, he acts funny. So, the movie turns a comedy. I am sure that the viewers will have a good laughter after watching this sardarji arriving in a new land.

Do you find any big change in Rahul Rawel now?

He is a great technician. He knows his job very well. He is an asset.

Will you comment on the failure of 'Socha Naa Tha' at box office though it was widely appreciated?

I am happy that both actor Abhay Deol and director Imtiaz Ali have earned praise for their performances. Regarding it not faring well at the box office, I may say that it might be because of its release at a wrong time. Since the students were busy in their exams, it didn't fare as well as expected at the box office.

Why are movies flopping these days?

I think movies are flopping because they are being shown at multiplexes, where the ticket prices are quite high.

Is the industry looking into to this problem?

I do not think enough attention is being given to this. But there is a great need for the industry to look into this problem.

What about your home production 'Deodhar Gandhi'?

The movie has been completed. This is ready for release in August.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal736.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 4-8-2005 11:37 AM

TUSSHAR: 'KYA KOOL HAIN HUM' IS COMEDY

Sangeet Siean is directing Balajee Telefilms' forthcoming movie 'Kya Kool Hain Hum' starring Tusshar Kapoor and Ritesh Deshmukh along with two hottest actresses Isha Koppikar and Neha Dhupia. The movie's cast visited Delhi recently for the promotion of their movie.

While talking to us, Tusshar said that 'Kya Kool hai Hum' is a comedy, but it's full of action too. "I and Ritesh are ambitious boys. Both of us do all sorts of things to fulfill our ambitions. However, we get into trouble." He denied that his movie boosts sex. "This is not true. After a long time we are having a movie that will entertain the viewers with all the masala in it."

Isha Koppikar said, " I am playing the role of a police officer named Urmila Martodkar (Not Matondkar). She explains that her name its synonymous with maar peet (rioting). I deal with criminals, especially those involved in eve-teasing. Since Tusshar and Ritesh flirt with girls and use all sorts of tactics, they become my special cases. Thus, these cases create a lot of fun and laughter in the movie." This is Isha's second movie with Balaji, but the first with Neha Dhupia, she added.

http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actors/TusharKapoor/Janubaba_29860_tushar10_H2SW.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 25-1-2006 03:28 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 4-8-2005 11:49 AM

ESHA HIKES HER REMUNERATION   

Esha Deol is proud that she has inherited beauty. She has thus blasted the myth spread by her critics that she has been overweight and not very attractive in the beginning of her career though she is the daughter of dream girl Hema Malini. This myth was created presumably because Esha began her career in the role of a married woman in her 'Koi Mere Dilse Pooche'. Since she played the role of a married woman, it was but natural for her to look slightly weighty and not like that of a fresh face. However, this role went against her image and this continued until she got 'Dhoom', a multistarrer.

That's why several of her other movies like 'Na Tum Jaano Naa Hum', 'Kya Dil Ne Kaha', 'Chura Liya Hai Tumne' and 'LoC' proved flop after flop. This created a sort of doubt in the minds of the producers about her performance, and they distanced from her. However, the year 2004 proved lucky for her. Her performance in Maniratnam's 'Yuva' brought her a wide appreciation. Then she got Yash Chopra's 'Dhoom' directed by Sanjay Gadvi, where Esha looked sexy as well as glamorous.

This enchanted the viewers and the critics alike, and she became a star overnight. This changed Esha's status altogether. So, she has started dictating terms to her producers by hiking her fee. Yes, she is following in the footsteps of Kareena Kapoor, who increases her fee every time. Kareena is known for it and gets the increased fee from producers. Will Esha be able to get the same treatment from her filmmakers is yet to be seen?

Is your demand for higher fee just as you got a hit only recently?

I am demanding it because I am getting it. If I don't demand it then how will I get it? My filmi career is on ascendancy these days. So, I am demanding high fee. If I don't demand now, I shall never get it. If I get a big banner movie, then I am ready to make a compromise. Moreover, a little more money as my fee hardly matters to a producer who spends a huge sum of Rs 500 million in making a movie.

Isn't it true that you have compromised with the bold and sexy trend since your 'Dhoom'?

This is wrong. Neither was I disheartened with my flops nor did I compromise. I have only tried to present myself in a better way unlike a carefree person in the past. Now, I shall not repeat the past. I have inherited beauty and I have learnt to use it. I am going to present myself as a challenge to other actresses.

What about your being linked first with Aftaab, then with Tusshar and now with Santino, brother of Dino Morea?

I have already wasted my valuable time in these things. One needs to devote a lot of time to one's boyfriend. And, I do not have that much of time. I have been able to build up my career after a long struggle. So, I can't afford to be careless now. For the time being, I am concentrating all my attention on my career.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal3467.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 23-8-2005 05:05 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 4-8-2005 01:04 PM

Preity: Be stress-free to look pretty

You may wonder what keeps our actress Preity Zinta so fresh and pretty. She tells us that to maintain outside beauty one has to keep track of inside beauty too. She doesn't plead for frequent visits to beauty parlours or some presciptions recommended by the so-called beauticians. Her advice is to drink a lot of water throughout the day and be regular in exercise, besides of course being stress free. She recommends fruit juices too. At present, she is shooting for Yashraj banner's 'Salaam Namastay'. Preity is sure that the movie will be a hit as its story and music are good, and will attract a huge number of viewers.

http://dialbollywood.com/bollywood/actress/preity/large/3.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus on 10-8-2005 at 09:53 AM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 4-8-2005 01:09 PM

Priyanka & Aish together on screen

Former beauty queens, Aishwarya Rai and Priyanka Chopra, will soon be seen together on the silver screen in Pritish Nandi's ' Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam'. It is said that Aish was originally assigned the main role. However, it was later given to Priyanka Chopra. Besides, Aish has also been signed for another role in it. The main character of chhoti bahu played by Meena Kumari in the earlier version will still be played by Priyanka Chopra. This might have excited Priyanka and slighted Aish. The movie cast comprises Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt, besides others. Deepa Mehta is directing it.

Priyanka Chopra
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actresses/Priyanka/Janubaba_38772_normalPriyankaChopra7_7JK3.jpg

Aishwarya Rai
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actresses/Ashwarya/Janubaba_46914_aishwarya20rai16m_IFBL.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 14-1-2006 03:10 PM ]
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
View full version: gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

ADVERTISEMENT