iansuryani Publish time 7-8-2005 11:22 AM

HOLLYWOOD,August 5, 2005

Jolie's Son 'Calls Pitt Daddy'
By WENN
Angelina Jolie's adopted son Maddox shocked crew members at a recent photo shoot in California--by calling Brad Pitt "Daddy".
Jolie and Pitt have repeatedly denied reports they are a couple, since Pitt and Aniston ended their five-year marriage in January.

But photographs of the couple traveling around Africa and Europe with Maddox have fueled rumors they are secretly dating.

Pitt has always wanted to become a father, and has had such a powerful effect on Jolie's three-year-old, he now regards him as his dad, reports British newspaper The Sun.

A shocked witness says, "Maddox shouted, 'Where's my daddy? I can't see my daddy?'

"Crew members were truly taken aback that he was referring to Brad as 'Daddy'."

Article Copyright World Entertainment News Network All Rights Reserved.

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 08:58 PM

BOBBY AND GUDDU'S CAREERS ON A TOSS

Bobby Deol's luck (Kismat) is on a bet with Guddu Dhanoa's 'Kismat'. His father Dharamendra faced 'Kahani Kismat Ki' way back in 1973 when Arjun Hingorani made that film. It was a runaway hit as it hit the box office with a bang. Not many know that Bollywood's first blockbuster was 'Kismat' made in 1942 with Gyan Mukherjee directing Ashok Kumar for the first time in a role in which he had gray shades. Ashok Kumar played a con man. He was running away from the police and that trend was revived in Amitabh Bachchan's film again in the 70's and 80's. Apart from this there have been four more films made with the same title. In 1956, director Nanubhai Bhatt, in 1969 director Manmohan Desai, in 1980 director Bhisham Kohli and in 1995 director Harmesh Malhotra made 'Kismat'.

And now it is the turn of sada praa (our brother) Guddu Dhanoa to try his luck in this Bobby Deol and Priyanka Chopra starrer. Made by "Time Magnetics", which suffered losses in many territories in 'The Hero-Love Story of A Spy' starring Bobby's big brother Sunny and same lady Priyanka, this film could make or break career of Bobby Deol. There have not been many films for this younger Deol and the last film that he did with Guddu was '23rd March 1931: Shaheed', which was a big disaster at the box office. Guddu is heavily relying on this project because his last few films post 'Bichchoo' have flopped whether it was 'Jaal' or 'Hawa'. So it is predictable for all associated with this film to keep their flags flying. Incidentally, this is also Priyanka Chopra's first solo film. Tony (Bobby Deol) is a happy- go- lucky kind of man. Generally in masala films like this he too is orphan and has learnt harsh realities of life through struggles.

Streets of Mumbai have been his learning and playing ground and he loves to play each and every game of life that comes his way. So he is part badmash extracting money from those who have not turned up to pay their loans. He also takes Supari and when he gets time from all this he also plays love game. On such a night where Tony is freaking in a nightclub he happens to meet a shining and sexy Sapna (Priyanka Chopra). Sapna steals not only the show but also apna Tony's dil too. Tony now has no other sapna than to make this Sapna his apna. Life takes turn here too and Tony has given Supari to threaten an officer not to create hurdles in releasing the papers for sale of some spurious drugs. Tony did not know even in his dreams that this officer is none other than Sapna's father. The spurious drugs claim many lives. Sapna's father is put behind the bars and her mother commits suicide. Sapna wants Tony's support but how could he disclose that he himself has ruined not only Sapna's life but also his own sapna. What would Tony do now? Will he be able to arrange evidence to prove innocence of Sapna's father? Or Sapna will come to know the real Tony? All this and more make 'Kismat' a typical masala fare that you can watch with a big popcorn pack and some coffee and also keep on chatting with your gang of friends in cinema hall.

Apart from Bobby and Priyanka, 'Kismat' also boasts of some senior players. Kabir Bedi is the medico mughal and plays the corporate kingpin Raj Mallaya. There are also likes of Ashish Vidyarthi, Sanjay Narvekar, Shahbaaz Khan and Mohan Joshi who have aptly supported the film's pace. 'Kismat' is that helluava kind of movie where you know the flow of the story right from the word go and most of the sequences that are shown on the screen have been imbibed earlier also in many masala flicks. So what's new in 'Kismat'? To be very frank there is nothing that can be termed as the USP of this Guddu-Bobby film, but that does not make the reason to totally write off the film. Being a Time movies, production values of the film are very high. Songs like "Mahi Mere Mahi" have been picturised on lavish sets and there is much grandeur and style in filming the scenes too. Not only "Mahi Mahi" but other songs too are catchy and hummable. Anand Raj Anand has been successful in creating some songs of the season and the songs have added to the face value of the film.

Bobby Deol once again is seen as an angry young boy that has lived up to his image. The tag of 'Angry Young Boy' was stuck to him in a film like 'Humraaz' where he was always at the apex of the all the happenings around all characters. Bobby as Tony fits the bill like glove. Moreover he has improved a lot in delivering emotional scenes. His capabilities to carry on action scenes with ease has been an added advantage and Guddu a master of action flicks once again has utilized these capabilities of the boy to the full. Priyanka Chopra too comes up well this time. Having done two heroines' films so far both in 'Andaaz' where she shared the limelight with Lara Dutta and in 'The Hero' with Preity Zinta, this first solo film of her gives immense opportunities to showcase her talent without getting overshadowed by the other actress. The chemistry between Bobby and Priyanka looks real and the pair can work wonders in terms of pairing on the screen if given some good scripted roles. On the whole, 'Kismat' may not be a runaway hit but it will sustain due to its music numbers and action fares. The film will get better response in the Hindi belt and given the way the film has been treated in street style there are chances that it may click in metros too. But, multiplexes will have to bear its burden.

Bobby Deol
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actors/BobbyDeol/Janubaba_27504_bobby7_L5JW.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 15-1-2006 02:55 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:00 PM

REVISIT SRK & RAVEENA IN THEIR OLD LOOKS

If you have missed Shah Rukh Khan in his early films like 'Baazigar' and 'Chamtkar' or have seen him in his those long hair and with a childish smile always on his open lips, it is time to be happy (please, I don't mean it) because here is a film, which is fresh from the castle Bollywood. The movie still looks like an old one from nineties. 'Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke' has taken about a decade in making and when it saw the light of the day, the storyline where two childhood friends turned lovers and losers have lost its shine. Now adultery has become the anthem of Bollywood films and stories of true love and sacrifice look mythological. But what could be done if producers like Ritesh Nayyar are hell bent in releasing the film on big screen anyhow. Not even its cast Shah Rukh Khan and Raveena Tondon would remember now as to when and where they shot for this film. Anyway 'Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke' is one among the three choices on the box office this week. If you are a loner and love to cry on the shoulders of your friend for no cause, or if you likes films like 'Abhiman' and 'Akele Hum Akele Tum', here is another take of the same story with the difference that this time there is no plus point attached to it. The film looks stale. 'Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke' tries to cash on the success of films like 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' and 'Chalte Chalte' at the box office. Shah Rukh has no grudge against its director Birendra Nath Tiwari but it is great to make a film and release it with such a star cast.

'Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke' as the name suggests is a love story. It has moments for every one. People fall in love. They sing songs in valleys. They romance in the nature's beauty and they also fall prey to circumstances. 'Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke' is a typical Bollywood masala fare where there is dash of everything -- love, romance, drama, suspicion, separation and a mystery about its characters. The film may be a jaded attempt but the labor and pain to make such a film needs appreciation. 'Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke' revolves around Dushyant (Shah Rukh Khan), and Jaya (Raveena Tandon). They are childhood friends. There are Sujit (Mohnish Behl) and Nisha (Navneet Nishan) to make the quadruplet complete. Dushyant wants to make it big in music. He has voice like velvet but his wallet does not support his dream. Jaya helps Dushyant realize his dreams and ambitions.

Dushyant manages to click and makes it big in the music industry. But soon after the success, misunderstandings grow between Dushyant and Jaya. Sujit has always been looking for this situation to take benefit of his position. On the other hand, Nisha has dreamt for a long to be Dushyant's bride. On the parallel track is business rivalry between Kamlesh Dhingra (Avtar Gill), Nisha's father, and Rajpal (Kiran Kumar), Dushyant's mentor. Things get stuck and every one except Rajpal cares for the position of Dushyant. No one is bothered about his pain and aloofness. But all is well if it ends well and 'Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke' proceeds to its destination on the same saying.

'Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke' has many interesting things to watch on the screen. Maybe for the first time you will see a film where Shah Rukh Khan's voice has been dubbed by another artiste. Even a starter can make out this within minutes of watching the film. Technically too dubbing is not up to the mark. The artiste has tried hard to make humming sound of Shah Rukh look like original but the same falls short. Looks of Shah Rukh remind you of his early days when he just came out of the idiot box. The love story between him and Raveena does not convince at all. The director fails to establish their relationship, and no sooner than he makes it, he is in haste to break it. The film looks like an amalgam of many films. The story reminds you of several classics. The music given by Nikhil-Vinay and Rajendra Salil is very close to the songs of post- 'Aashiqui' era. And, maybe for the first time you will witness a song where the lead pair has not acted at all. The director has come up with a unique idea to can song on just the visuals of the hero and the heroine. The narrative is childish and makes the film look funny.

Director Birendra Nath Tiwari gives an impression of being a well-taught technician but all his efforts to give the film a complete look fail to impress. There are several flaws in the story. Cinematography is below average; sound mixing is poor and lot more was desired at the editing table. Among performers no one really leaves any impression. Shah Rukh Khan looks pale and tired at many places. The freshness that he is known for is eluding throughout the film. His looks do not go well with the time and Raveena Tandon looks very odd too. The pair gives the film a dated look. Most of the time Raveena does her role as if she just wants to finish the shooting anyhow. Even Mohnish Behl fails to impress this time. He leaves a lot to be done. The only spark of the film is Navneet Nishan as she does her job aptly and tries to create some moments that are both watchable and enjoyable. Kiran Kumar and Avtar Gill do their role well. On the whole, 'Yeh Lamhe Judaai Ke' will find it very very hard to survive at the box office and its future looks bleak. It will find no takers in metros and because of its stale look it will find it very difficult to even fare well in small centers.

Shah Rukh Khan
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actors/ShahrukhKhan/Janubaba_47730_SEShahRukhKhan_AYIQ.jpg

Raveena Tandon
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actresses/Raveena/Janubaba_46902_raveena20tandon2v_VOKR.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 14-1-2006 03:30 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:01 PM

BOBBY IS BACK AND WITH VENGEANCE

It was 'Zanjeer' almost 30 years back that gave birth to a new genre of films in Hindi and that also introduced the Angry Man (Amitabh Bachchan) to Bollywood. Bobby Deol is the new- age angry young boy. The story in his new film 'Bardaasht', delves on police force but with a difference. While the uniformed men struggle against the system, here it is a common man who struggles against the corrupt uniformed men. It is interesting to note that it is the same director E. Niwas who made a cult film like 'Shool' as his debut that talked of high values found in uniformed people. However, in his latest, 'Bardaasht', he has chosen a totally different path. In between, Niwas tried his luck in films; first on today's youth 'Dum' and then in a comedy, 'Love Ke Liye Kucch Bhi Karega'. All his four films are just different from one another and this shows the impact of his mentor Ram Gopal Verma on his work. E. Niwas has traveled a long way from his debut with Manoj Bajpai starrer 'Shool' to 'Bardaasht'. In the latter, he proves his point and leaves a mark as a director. He gets a story written by no less than Vikram Bhatt and builds a high paced drama on that to make an entertainer. 'Bardaasht' may not be a classic in terms of 'Khakee', another film made on unformed people this year, but it stands out for two reasons: good narration by its director and a brilliant performance by Bobby Deol (the hero).

'Bardaasht' is a story of the defiance of the pressures of the corrupt system. Bobby Deol plays an elder brother named Aditya Shrivastava who has been sacked from Army for disobeying his seniors. He has so much to deliver before he moves out of the barracks, but alas he could not sustain the undue pressure from top bosses. His early retirement breaks Payal (Lara Dutta)'s heart and she adopts a different path. Payal is incidentally Aditya's senior officer's daughter. However, after having said good-bye to his job, he also faces loss of his love. Back home, Aditya finds that his brother Anuj (Ritesh Deshmukh) has grown a naughty boy. Aditya tries to check him but in vain. They fall apart from each other. Anuj leaves home in anger. Aditya looks for him and is told that Anuj has been involved in drugs. Aditya complains to every one but no one is ready to listen. His patience is tested again. He has no choice left except that of picking a gun and shoot the culprits. He meets his love again in his new voyage. Payal is an advocate now and Aditya an accused. Others like Rahul Dev, Vishwajeet Pradhan and Ganesh Yadav, who are supposed to save the society turn out to be villains and the battle lines are drawn.

'Bardaasht' looks like yet another film made with the same old formula of bad versus good. Even the promos aired on channels do not offer anything new. And, that's very bad promotion. But director E Niwas comes out with a better film this time. It is not that Vikram Bhatt has provided him any extraordinary story but it is Niwas' dedication and style of narrating the ordinary looking story in a different manner that leaves a mark. Pre-interval portions hold grip on viewers and by the time of interval the curiosity level reaches to its new high. Post-interval portions may not have been equally good but there are scenes like courtroom drama where every one involved comes out with some high voltage performances. Niwas's directorial brilliance comes out a winner in 'Bardaasht'.

If the film had been promoted with more zeal, it would have attracted a better response. This is E. Niwas' third take on police force ('Shool' and 'Dum' being the other two). He seems to be in awe of this uniform, but what makes one sit and take notice is the fact that in each of his these three films he has not repeated even a single shade of his characters. All the three films are different and this proves his progression as a director. Like his other films, in 'Bardaasht' too, Niwas keeps it on a single track, which is not an easy task. He succeeds here because he has some good companions.

'Bardaasht' is true a Bobby Deol film. He springs a surprise. Many who have seen his last film 'Kismat' may not have many hopes from this film too, but Bobby has proved again that given a good role he can prove his mettle. It won't be rhetoric to say that in 'Bardaasht', Bobby comes out with an award winning performance. This is one of his best roles so far. He plays Aditya so convincingly; the fight sequences are gem and the courtroom scenes a shining decoration. Lara Dutt too has improved a lot. The other surprise of the film is Tara Sharma who has changed vertically from her earlier roles in 'Saaya' and 'Masti'. The film is technically brilliant too. Rakesh Manikantan's camera follows every move aptly, and Amar Mohile's background music supports every mood. Himesh Reshammiya has a trump up his sleeves. 'Silsile Mulaaqaton ke Na Chhodiyega' is already hit; other songs also have power to grow with time. The film has good prospects at the box office. It will do better business in north, especially in Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan. E Niwas badly needed a commercially successful film at this juncture of his career, and 'Bardaasht' has done that!

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal558.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:05 PM

BOBBY MOVING TOWARDS STARDOM

Bobby Deol is on way to stardom. Though he has been in Bollywood for several years, he has not become a hit star. Bobby is going to celebrate his birthday on 27th January but has not yet decided how. We met with him on this occasion.

What's the meaning of life for you?

I believe that God has given us life. So, we must live a full life.

Are you happy with your life?

Yes. I am very lucky. I have got whatever I wished. I have such nice dad and so loving a brother. They have always supported me. I got married to the person I loved most. I have two sons--- Aryaman and Dharam. I have a good time with both of them. I need nothing else in life.

How are you celebrating your birthday?

I haven't planned it yet. However, I like to celebrate it in a simple way and with my family.

Why have you named your second son after your father?

This is because I am very much impressed with my father. And, I am influenced by my father's name. I wished to name my first son after him, but couldn't do it. Everybody advised me against it, saying that calling your son by your father's name will look odd. However, I didn't care for anyone, and named my second son Dharam.

How come you didn't become a hit like your father? Do you regret it?

No, I have no regret. I am still trying to follow in his footsteps. In the beginning, I made some mistakes by signing some wrong movies. Despite this I am not a flop actor. I have my own identity in the industry. Nobody calls me by the name of my dad.

What's your wish then?

I shall be very happy if the people say that Dharmendra is Bobby's dad.

How do you feel when Sunny is said to be a better actor than you?

My brother Sunny has his own identity. I am proud of him. He is not only a hero for me, but he is my idol as well as my advisor. Whenever anyone admires him I feel very happy. Really speaking, one should not compare me with Sunny. There is no comparison between two of us.

What's your comment on the failure of your recent release 'Ab Tumhare Hawale Wattan Saathiyon'?

Anyone cannot afford to be happy over the failure of his movie. Not only I but also all of us felt shocked over its failure.

How did you find working with Big B?

Amitji is not an actor only for me, he is a friend of my dad, and he is like a father to me. During the work with him, I learnt a lot, as he is a brilliant actor and a good human being.

What are your plans for this year? .

I wish to reform myself so that it can help me in establishing myself in the industry. I wish to be an evergreen actor like my dad and my elder brother.

Are you doing 'Barsaat' again? Was it earlier offered to Akshay Kumar?

Akshay didn't have dates. So, he quit this movie. Later, Sunil Darshan offered me, and I checked with Akshay if he had any problem. I signed 'Barssat' only after Akshay said that he had no problem.

Meanwhile, we talked to Dharamji and Sunny too. Excerpts of our talk with them:

Dharamji says, " I am very lucky to have two sons like Sunny and Bobby. God has awarded me for my good deeds in the past life. Moreover, Bobby is very attached with me; he has named his second son even after me. He loves me and gets upset with a small problem facing me. Bobby's acting career growth is slow at the moment, but he would soon improve upon it. Both the brothers love each other. They frankly discuss their matters with each other. There is a fine-tuning between them."

Sunny says, " I love Bobby very much. He loves me too. He discusses even his minor things with me. I treat him as my son. We are like friends too. Bobby is a very kind-hearted person. Since both of us are busy, we do find time to talk to each other in leisure. I haven't yet decided about his birthday gift. But I shall give him a very affectionate one. I have no worry about his acting career. I know he can make his position in the industry with his hard work. Though his films have flopped, but his acting has never had unfavorable criticism. Once he gets a good script, he would prove his skill."

http://www.dialindia.com/bollywood/actors/bobby/large/1.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:06 PM

SALLU: I AM MORE POPULAR THAN NEW FACES

Salman Khan was perhaps the only star, who began his career with a bang in Bollywood by giving five consecutive hits. While Shah Rukh Khan was moving towards stardom, other actors had just faded under his shadow. However, Salman Khan was an exception and was still shining in Bollywood. Hrithik Roshan in his 2000's hit 'Kaho Na Pyaar Hai' stole the Shah Rukh's title, but Salman's maintained his position in the industry.

Besides, Salman has always been a popular actor among women viewers. In his personal life too, Salman attracted Bollywood's beauties towards himself, and they included Sangeeta Bijlani, Somy Ali, Aishwarya Rai and Katrina Kaif. While Shah Rukh and Hrithik shared the number one position, Salman kept his number two status in tact. Others like Ajay Devgan, Sanjay Dutt and Akshay Kumar remained much behind. Another noteworthy feature of Salman's career is that he gives one super hit movie every year, what may come. So, he is never out of sight of the moviegoers.

His 'Bagbaan', ' Tere Naam' and then 'Tum Mujhse Shaadi Karogi' were super hits. So also was his social movie 'Phir Milenge'. His home production like 'Lucky' and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Baajirao Mastani', 'Chori Mera Kaam', Boney Kapoor's 'No Entry', B.R.Chopra's 'Babul', 'Deewane Hue Paagal' and 'Shaadi Karke Phans Gaya Yaar' are among his very important forthcoming movies.

It is said that Salman is very thick with Katrina Kaif these days, and has signed her opposite himself in 'Lucky. Moreover, he is helping Katrina to get more offers from other directors.

Excerpts of an interview with him:

Isn't it that you attracted most of the Bollywood beauties, like Sangeeta Bijlani, Somy Ali and Aishwarya Rai in the past, and lately Katrina Kaif?

I do not want to talk about the women who came in my life in the past. My relations with Katrina Kaif are quite different from what the media has written about. Yes, Katrina is very beautiful and talented, and also my co-star in some films. Besides this, I have no other relationship with her.

How else you signed Katrina in 'Lucky' and got her other offers though she had miserably flopped in 'Dhoom'?

Yes, Katrina proved unsuccessful in 'Dhoom'. But, there is another reason for it. She was not properly presented in the movie. Her talent has not been used. She is so beautiful that the audience would be surprised to watch her. There is a need to present her properly on the screen. Moreover, David Dhawan signed her because she fits very well in the role. And, Feroz Nadiadwala has signed her in his 'Deewane Hue Paagal' opposite me on his own. I have no role in it or her bagging other movies.

Do you regret having lost Aish?

Please, do not spoil my mood by asking questions about Aish. Better ask me something else.

Did you indulge in quarreling with Shah Rukh because everyone applauded his pairing with Aish?

This is wrong. It's Shah Rukh choice to work or not with Aish. Maybe, Shah Rukh had some other problem in pairing with Aish. The Aish- Shah Rukh pair fared as well in 'Devdas' as it had worked with my pair with Aish in 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam'.

How come you signed Revathy's documentary 'Phir Milenge'?

This is wrong. 'Phir Milenge' was a hundred percent commercial film. However, it's true that this movie gives a message against a deadly disease like AIDS. I am indeed very happy to play the character of an AIDS patient who smilingly faces it.

What are your comments on your style of removing shirt on screen?

Even in my real life. I feel very inconvenient to wear a shirt. In fact, I consider myself a child even today. How else would I go to a five star hotel without wearing a shirt?

Don't you think that childish love doesn't work in an industry dominated by new faces?

Even now I do romantic roles, and can play a college student's character. People accept me in such roles. I feel I act such roles better than new faces.

What's your secret of success?

Even I am not aware of the secret of my success. I may have done good deeds in my previous birth, which are paying me dividends in this life.

http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/bollywood%20movies/kyon%20ki/kyo10e.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 4-8-2006 04:43 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:08 PM

SUSH: FILMS ARE NOT THE BE ALL IN MY LIFE

"Films are not the be all in my life. They are only a part of life". The former Miss Universe said this recently to us during an interview. We had asked her if she is satisfied with her filmi career. " I am ambitious but my ambition is not limited to the filmi world. If I do so I would be undervaluing myself ". She has journeyed a long way from her first movie 'Dastak' to her latest 'Main Hoon Naa' with Shah Rukh Khan. This long travel of about eight years has been full of life for her but the industry compares her with another world beauty former Miss world Aishwarya Rai, and finds Sush much behind. Sush doesn't agree with it, though. " I am happy wherever I am". We met her during the shoot of 'Bewafa' being directed by Dharmesh Darshan of the 'Raja Hindustani' fame. At present, she has a couple of 'Chandni Chopra' type of roles, she added.

Did you hope that the audience would appreciate your 'Chandni Chopra' role in 'Main Hoon Naa'?

How could I think about it before the release of the movie? However, I had never imagined that the people would like me so much and become fida on me.

Why haven't you signed as many films as expected after your roaring success in 'Main Hoon Naa'?

I haven't done anything in this respect. I have never aimed at doing a particular thing. I never plan a thing. I let things go as they can.

What kind of a change in your career you expected after 'Main Hoon Naa'?

Earlier, the audience didn't expect much from me as an actress. So, I never thought of doing some hat ke films. Now, the audience has a lot of expectation from me. So, I am ready to take the risk. Without taking risk, I shall not know my capability or otherwise.

Which other films have you signed?

I got some ad films after the success of 'Main Hoon Naa'. I have also signed one home production of Aamir Khan besides Harry Baweja's Ajay Devgan starrer, and Kalpana Lazmi's 'Postman And The Prostitute'.

How come new comers like Zayed Khan and Amrita Rao got more footage than you in 'Main Hoon Naa'?

I am very happy if the people feel so much about me. I wish the people to continue to like me. I know that I was ignored in the movie, but it has benefited me. I never asked about it from farah Khan. Moreover, there is no need to talk about it when the movie has proved a hit. I shall try my best to fulfil my audience's expectations.

Haven't you changed now for the better? We find you shaking hand with Kareena Kapoor?

Kareena is a good girl. She respects her seniors more than anyone. Kareena is like me and I am like Kareena. Hence we are very thick with each other. She is frank, and never hides anything. She speaks out whatever she feels.I like such persons who criticize you in your presence and not behind you.

It is aid that you never took your career seriously from the beginning. So you missed the bus to reach the top where Aish and Kareena have reached. Your comment?

At an age of 15, I wished to gain fame. I have achieved a lot since then. What I think is important for me. I am very famous, and there is no limit of fame. I am very happy with whatever I have got.

If you are satisfied with the present status in career, it means you have you no more ambition in life?

No, I am not satisfied with the present. I am very ambitious and sky is the limit for me. But to be number one in the industry is not the only limit for me. I have done much more than this. After all, films are not the all in my life; they are a part of my life. If I limit my ambition to films only then I shall be undervaluing myself.

Aish and other beauty queens have all entered films, is there no other alternative for them?

There is nothing wrong if a beauty queen gets an opportunity to show her talent .If a beauty queen wants to be an actress, it doesn't mean she cannot do any other thing. But why should she lose the opportunity if she gets one.

http://dialbollywood.com/bollywood/actress/sushmita/large/2.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 20-8-2005 09:52 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:09 PM

SAIF: NO PLAN TO MARRY AGAIN

Saif Ali Khan son of former captain of Indian cricket team Mansoor Ali Khan and famous star Sharmila Tagore, is now a successful actor. However, he has traveled a long way in his profession. Director Rahul Rawel gave his 'Bekhudi' to Saif but the latter lost it because of his carelessness. But Saif turned serious and improved his acting skill in his every film. Thus he proved his talent in 'Dil Chahta Hai'. From here his career's graph soared to new heights that prompted several directors to make offers to him in plenty. Saif has given so many hit movie like 'Hum Tum' opposite Rani Mukherjee, 'Hum Saath Saath Hain' with Salman, Sonali Bendre, Karisma Kapoor, Tabu, Mohnish Behl and Neelam, 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' with Shah Rukh Khan and Preity Zinta besides 'Ek Hassina Thi' opposite Rani Mukherjee and 'LoC', 'Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega' and many others. However, the success in career brought misfortune in his family life. He divorced his wife another famous actress Amrita Singh. Recently we met with Saif and discussed about his personal life during our chat.

Is it true that you have divorced your wife Amrita Singh?

Yes, this is true. I have divorced her. However, it's tough for me to say that this is a right or a wrong step. I am happy that we have not parted from each other on a bitter memory. I give respect to her; she is mother of my children. Since we differ from each other, we couldn't live together any more. Now, every thing is fine. I am satisfied that Amrita and my children are economically strong. I have changed my residence, and given our bungalow to Amrita.

Tell us something about your children?

Amrita is mother and warden of my children. They are in joint custody. I can see them whenever I want. This is a serious topic and I don't want my children to read something wrong about this. They are intelligent, and understand these things better. My daughter Sara has understood the situation very well.

What about Amrita?

We have spent 13 years together, and I respect her very much. She is a good actress and she does whatever she enjoys. I think she doesn't need to work now.

What happened between both of you that led to a divorce?

Many things are responsible for it. Yet, we tried our level best to improve our relations, but I regret to say that we failed. I am happy that we separated without any bitterness. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings so I wouldn't say much more about it.

Has any other woman entered your life? Would you tell us about her?

I had met with her only about three months ago. This is not a secret though, Amrita also knows about her. I never hide anything from people; I don't want to hurt any body.

Would you marry again?

No, I have no such idea in my mind.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal363.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:11 PM

TUSSHAR: I AM NOT GAYAB EVEN AFTER 'GAYAB'

The audience's expectations from star children are very high, and children's duty is to fulfill them. But when the star kids fail the audience criticizes them with harsh comments. These comments have definitely helped him, he says. We met him recently and chatted with him.

What type of roles do you like?

I like only those films in which a character has an adequate scope to do something. The story should be effective, and touch the heart of the audience. I don't mind even if the director is new.

Don't you think that the stars' children's have an easy way to success in Bollywood?

I don't agree with this comment. In every profession, one's hard work pays. My first film was not a home production, and I have done more of outside films than home productions. I am interested in my work and I don't care about anybody's comment.

Aren't you 'Gayab' from the industry after the release of your 'Gayab'?

This is absolutely wrong. My role in 'Gayab' was strong. I would like to repeat any such role or the film.

How much do you match with your father? Does he interfere in your career?

I look very different from my father. However, maybe I match with him in some respects after all I am his son. He says that we have to do our work without caring for the result. Yes, he doesn't interfere in my career.

Is an acting course important for becoming a hero or that it's is hereditary?

Yes, it's in blood too, but I have taken a formal training in acting. It has proved very useful to me as it enhanced my acting ability.

Tell us something about your next film?

My next film is 'Kya Cool Hai Hum'. This is a comedy. Hot baby Isha Koppikar is my co-star in this film. I like all types of characters.

Who is your favorite heroine?

I believe in my own acting ability. I do not depend upon my co-star. I try my best to bring the character alive. My favorite heroines are Kajol and Tabu.

What does satisfy a film star?

Yes, we call it creative satisfaction. At the time of the release of any movie every star is under pressure. We enjoy those moments.

http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actors/TusharKapoor/Janubaba_29861_tushar11_6657.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 15-1-2006 02:56 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:13 PM

SRK MADE SHILPA PLUNGE IN FILMS

Bollywood actress and heartthrob of millions of Indians Shilpa Shetty entered films through her debut 'Baazigar' starring super star Shah Rukh Khan. She claims that Shah Rukh was the one and only one person to inspire her to join this career. We met with her recently during a chat.

Why did you sign 'Baazigar' though your role was too brief?

When I was 17 years old, I was charmed by SRK only. So, I took a plunge in the industry. Neither I knew about my role nor about my future career.

Didn't you feel envy of Kajol in that movie?

Not at all. Had I not signed that movie I would not have got a chance in films. At that juncture, I could hardly feel jealous of Kajol. But I was in a big hurry to act with SRK.

Would you tell us about your first love?

You may be surprised to know that I have never entered into any affair. I belong to a conservative family. So, my family sent me to a girl school for my education.

Do you believe in love at first sight?

Yes. Love is spontaneous. It doesn't need any serious thinking before you are caught into it. This is a matter of heart. One never knows when one may fall in love with someone. I don't get time for this because of preoccupation in my work.

How do you react to one's name being tagged with a co-star?

In the beginning I used to get very upset. However, with the passage of time I have learnt to live with such things. This is not unusual in the filmi world. Since I am a part of it, I don't worry about it. In this 'jet' age these things don't matter much in our filmi career.

What do you say about body exposure in 'Murder' 'Jism' and 'Julie'?

I believe that Mahesh Bhatt's 'Murder' is a nice film. The audience looks for sex besides a good story. Maheshji's story demanded body exposure so it is there. Bhatt has beautifully presented it.

Have you thought about your marriage?

I have to marry, but with whom and when is in the hands of the destiny. However, I pray to God that my partner is one who goes well with me and is also liked by my family.

Shah Rukh Khan
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actors/ShahrukhKhan/Janubaba_35641_srkdoor2_B5AP.jpg

Shilpa Shetty
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actresses/Shilpa/Janubaba_37622_normalShilpaShetty4_JBZJ.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 14-1-2006 03:32 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:17 PM

HRITHIK TO PLAY AKBAR IN ASHUTOSH MOVIE

Bollywood's actor Hrithik Roshan is lucky and so is the director Ashutosh Gowatrikar. They have begun a new venture of making a historical movie on Akbar, the emperor. Hrithik will now play emperor Akbar in Ashutosh's 'Jodha-Akbar'. This hoiitorical movie will be based on the relationship between the Mughal emperor Akbar and his wife Jodhabai, sister of Akbar's most famous Rajput commander. Ashutosh has confirmed this news from abroad though there were speculations in the industry in the recent past about Hrithik playing the same character in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's movie on the same theme. After signing Hrithik, Ashutosh has another hard task to choose an actress to play the role of Jodhabai, the Maharani, besides other cast. Ashutosh hopes to choose an equally suitable actress to play Jodhabai, soon after he is back home. Hrithik Roshan is very excited with his new role. He remembers that the late Prithvi Raj Kapoor had earned glory by playing Akbar's role in yesteryears' movie. Will Hrithik do better or deliver as good as Prithvi did will be seen later? However, he is very happy to accept Ashutosh' offer. This is to recall that Hrithik had lost an earlier opportunity to work with Ashutosh in 'Lagaan'. That's why Hrithik has preferred Ashutosh movie this time round to that of Sanjay Bhansali.

'Jodha-Akbar' is based on the relationship between an emperor of the highest order of Akbar, a Moghul, and his wife who belonged to the Rajput cast among Hindus. Ashutosh is fully aware of his responsibility of making such a historical movie that dare not on any fact that may lead to any misunderstanding in any community.

Hrithik Roshan
http://www.indiatarget.com/wallpapers/movies/dhoom23.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 16-11-2006 05:35 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:18 PM

LOCAL BODY REJECTS BIG B PLEA FOR CUTTING TREE

Big B is on cloud nine these as he is the brand ambassador of the IIFA (India International Film Academy) that is holding three-day Awards function at Amsterdam being attended by all prominent film personalities. However, he has a bad luck at home. His proposal to cut down a tree inside his upcoming office complex in Juhu, Mumbai, has been shot down by Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC). Assistant municipal commissioner of the area has confirmed that BMC will not allow Bachchan to cut the tree within 'Nyoma'.

"After inspecting the tree, my officials from the gardens department found that it was not really a hindrance to the entrance gate of Nyoma. So, it's not a good idea to cut it," he said. Bachchan's office has been intimated about the rejection of his tree-cutting proposal. "Instead of cutting the tree, the entrance gate can easily be widened by breaking the office compound wall from the other side," he said. Since Big B is in Amsterdam, we failed to get his comment. Nandkumar Naik, member of Friends of Trees Association, has welcomed the BMC move ."We welcome the BMC move. Our city definitely needs to grow more trees for the sake of a cleaner environment," he said.

http://movies.bizhat.com/actors/amitabh_bachan/amitabh_bachan_3.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus on 10-8-2005 at 09:57 AM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:20 PM

KAJOL'S ENTRY IN YASHRAJ'S NEXT UPSETS RANI

Rani Mukherjee who is a runner up in the number one race among Bollywood heroines is not happy even though her latest 'Bunty Aur Babli' produced under the well known banner of Yashraj Films has been a hit at the box office. In fact, Rani is very much upset. The reason, according to sources close to Yashraj Films, is the entry of Kajol in its banner's next venture. Yashraj Films has signed Kajol and Aamir Khan for their forthcoming movie to be directed by Kunal Kohli of the 'Hum Tum' fame. Besides Yashraj Films' choice of Kajol as heroine, Rani is distressed to know that the banner is paying a much higher fee to Kajol.

She wonders why the producer chose Kajol and that too at almost double the price while her movies with Yashraj banner like 'Hum Tum', 'Veer Zaraa', and 'Bunty Aur Babli' had proved hits. Apart from this, she feels that Kajol is returning to movies after a long gap. Rani considered the Yashraj banner as a lucky one for her. And, Rani's status in the film industry is no less than that of a queen B. However, the Yashraj banner thinks otherwise. They wonder why should Rani feel upset on its choice of Kajol. After all, the banner has also signed Aamir Khan whereas Shah Rukh Khan is ruling Bollywood these days. Industry circles don't find anything wrong in the Yashraj banner's decision to sign the Aamir Khan-Kajol pair for its next. Why should Rani feel distressed on Kajol getting a higher fee?, they add.

Kajol
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actresses/Kajol/17635_U3HU.jpg

Rani Mukherjee
http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal2905.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 15-1-2006 02:58 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:22 PM

'WAQT' SUCCESS BOOSTS AKSHAY'S FEE TO INR 4 M

Khilari actor Akshay Kumar has emerged as one of highest paid and sought after film stars in Bollywood. 'Waqt' made by Bipul Shah has hit the box office both in India and overseas. Its commercial success abroad has astonished the Hindi filmmakers. They had been under the impression that if a film is to be successful in overseas market, it must have either Shah Rukh Khan, popularly known SRK, or Aamir Khan, in a leading role. Without them no Hindi movie will be acceptable to overseas cine goers. This was their misconception though.

But Akshay Kumar has exploded the myth. 'Waqt' has been appreciated by people aboard. Shah is also happy that the risk taken by him in starring Akshay Kumar, an established actor of Bollywood for the movie, has paid him a good dividend. After the tremendous success of 'Waqt', eminent producers are now flooding him with offers for playing the lead roles in their films. Akshay Kumar, who was facing a lean period in his career, has received a new lease of life after the success of 'Waqt'. He was reportedly paid Rs ten million for each film before 'Waqt'. But now, he has increased his emolument to Rs 40 million for playing the lead role in one Bollywood movie. It is stated to be a fantastic amount by Indian standard.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal658.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:23 PM

VIDHU CHOPRA'S NEXT 'YAGYA' WITH BIG B

Vidhu Vinod Chopra has established himself as a successful filmmaker in Bollywood. All the movies made by him so far have been appreciated by the audience, and proved hits at the box office. After the unprecedented success of 'Munna Bhai MBBS' starring Sanjay Dutt, he has now made 'Parineeta'. It will be simultaneously released in India and abroad in the second week of June. He intends to produce three more movies, and their shooting will commence shortly. Of these, 'Yagya' is stated to be his most ambitious project. He says, "Its production will fulfil my long cherished dream."

I have worked with many well-known actors and actresses. But this will be my first movie in which Amitabh Bachchan, will be an added attraction. "I have been dreaming of working with him for many years. I have been conveying this to him. But he could not arrange dates for me. "

For 'Yagna', Big B has agreed to adjust dates, says the noted filmmaker. He feels excited to work with Amitabh Bachchan and says he plans to make the film on a bigger scale than he has done so far. Sanjay and Saif will also star in the movie.

A palatial hotel has been booked for the unit in Udaipur, a historical and tourist place in Rajasthan, for fifty days. Now, the work is on for the construction of a huge set for the shooting at a place located 20 km from Udaipur. As soon as the set is completed, Big B and other stars will arrive there for shooting, he adds.

Amitabh Bachan
http://media1.santabanta.com/full1/bollywood%20movies/kabhi%20alvida%20naa%20kehna/kab28m.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 4-8-2006 04:44 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:25 PM

Abhishek turns director

Actor Abhishek Bachchan turned an assistant director in Anubhav Sinha's 'Dus' during its shooting in Canada. Sinha has been there for an outdoor shoot with two assistants only, and needed one more. Abhishek offered his services by presenting himself at the sets next morning. Besides, Abhishek wrote three scenes for the shoot. Anubhav Sinha felt obliged.

http://movies.bizhat.com/actors/abhishek_bachan/abhishek_bachan_1.jpg

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:26 PM

Salman-Priyanka pair repeats

The Salman Khan- Priyanka Chopra hit pair of 'Mujhse Shadi Karogi' will be repeated in 'God, Tusi Great Ho'. Its script has already been written by Rumi Jaffri. This will be Rumi's debut direction though. Akshay Kumar was also cast in 'Mujhse Shadi Karogi' besides Salman and Priyanka. However, Rumi wants to cast Sanjay Dutt in his 'God, Tusi Great Ho' in place of Akshay. The movie has already been launched in Mumbai in the presence of its producer Afzal Khan.

Salman Khan
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actors/SalmanKhan/Janubaba_37717_oct0402_VH3R.jpg

Priyanka Chopra
http://www.janubaba.com/bollywood/actresses/Priyanka/Janubaba_32153_aetraazpri_OZP9.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 14-1-2006 03:35 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:28 PM

Ajay out of Priyadarshan's movie

Ajay Devgan had to quit Priyadarshan directed film of the Ashtavinayak banner. Incidentally, Ajay was doing three movies of the banner. Since Ajay's dates clashed with his second movie of the same banner directed by Aabbas Mastan, he was dropped out. Ajay is doing the banner's third movie 'Golmaal' too, directed by Rohit Shetty.

Ajay Devgan
http://www.apunkachoice.com/upload/actors/actgal207.jpg

[ Last edited by Gadis_Venus at 14-1-2006 03:35 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:29 PM

Yukta acts in music videos

Former Miss World Yukta Mukhi will be working in a music video directed by Bharat Gour. Its songs will be picturized in the deserts of Jaisalmer in Rajasthan, besides Delhi. The beauty queen hasn't fared well in Bollywood. Even her movie 'Pyasa' miserably failed at the box office. We wish her good luck in music videos!

http://www.indiatarget.com/stills/actresses/yuk8.jpg

[ Last edited byGadis_Venus at 16-11-2006 05:33 PM ]

Gadis_Venus Publish time 7-8-2005 09:30 PM

Saif prefers ad films

Since the success of 'Hum Tum', Saif Ali Khan is seen more in ad films than in the entertainment sector. When asked if he preferred ad to entertainment films, he quipped, " Ad films fetch me more money. Bollywood producers don't pay as much for their films."

http://www.dialindia.com/bollywood/actors/saif/large/3.jpg
Pages: 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
View full version: gossip artis HOLLYWOOD~BOLLYWOOD~MALAYWOOD

ADVERTISEMENT