CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2494|Reply: 15

And so, she is off to school...

[Copy link]
Post time 29-8-2007 01:09 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Yesterday afternoon was my eldest first day of school.  She was excited to finally get to attend, "big kids school". Her mom's is totally a different story.  I think now I know why my mom stayed in school the whole day the first day I entered standard one (after I told her numerous time that I am fine, she can go home, I will be okay).  Raising a kid is like playing a kite.  You know you have to let go of the string for the kite to soar high yet you are kind of afraid that if you let go, the string might break and the kite is gone forever.  I felt kind of like that sending her to school yesterday.  This is the start of me having to learn to let go bit by bit and let her chart her own course in life.  Hate to admit that it is not easy.  Part of me wanted for her to stay a 5 years-old forever.  I wanted to stay at her school and watch her in class but parents are not allowed inside school building except in designated areas.   Tengok ikut tingkap je sekejap.  And then I have to go since no other parents stayed on to watch their lids.
How did your kids' first day at school affected you?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-8-2007 02:29 AM | Show all posts
gtu ek...??

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2007 03:12 AM | Show all posts

Reply #1 bbakar's post

You were just like my husband when our son started his first day in Kindergarten last year. My husband couldn't sleep at all the night before our son started his first day. His mood/separation anxiety during our son first day in kindergarten was just as you described yourself. Took him few months to cut the cord that he built between him and our son for the past 5 yrs.

This Sept 4, our son will be in first grade. My husband already shows his separation anxiety whereas our son can't wait to be back in school. I know few tears will be shed on Sept. 4 morning. And it won't be our 6 yrs old boy

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2007 05:41 AM | Show all posts
saya pun akan menghadapi situasi yg sama tak lama lagi. my girls start kelas 8hb 9 nie. dah seminggu nie perasaan saya tak menentu. kadang2 mlm2 bila tengok diaorg tido, saya menangis...risaukan diaog, boleh ker diaorg menyesuaikan diri dlm kelompok masyarakat yg berbilang bangsa..
rasa2 nak duduk sekali dlm kelas..duduk belakang kelas pun tak apa..
asalkan tidak hilang dr pandangan mata saya..
dan anak2 saya begitu excited nak ke sekolah..

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2007 05:53 AM | Show all posts

Reply #4 seri06's post

I don't think the parents are allow to be in the classroom with the kids. Actually, the faster you leave the kids with the teacher (instead of linger around), the better the kids be.  Don't worry, your kids will be fine. You'll be amaze how fast the kids can adapt to the new environment.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2007 08:48 AM | Show all posts
all my kids are already in school, the last one being this yr when my son entered std 1.

And for all 4 kids.... I will take leave for a week......... be in school the whole day..... tapi taklah mengadap mereka, but i will be in the canteen....

I believe that its good to let the child learn to be independent, tapi hati seorang ibu kan.... nak tgk anak punya first experience nak buat kawan baru, first experience nak pegi canteen, first experience in a school environment. So what i did was just look from afar.... sambil tu cuba get to know dgn the std 1 teachers and other parents yg ada anak in his class.

my no1 has no problem with me be in school for the first week. I had to help her cari kawan masa recess as she was so shy.

no 2 is a bit independent, but i still lepak at the canteen.

my no 3 ordered me to leave the 2nd day, saying that she's fine (mentang2 ada 2 kakak yg jadi prefects in school, confidence level tinggi la) I lied and said I left but actually i hid behind the pillars. This went on for a week.

my no4 also has no problem with me around for that 1st week. I also had to explore this school as my son went to a different school from his sisters.....

mmmm.... sentimental betul dgn anak2 punya first day in school.

[ Last edited by  macademia at 29-8-2007 08:49 AM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 29-8-2007 09:26 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by seri06 at 29-8-2007 05:41 AM
saya pun akan menghadapi situasi yg sama tak lama lagi. my girls start kelas 8hb 9 nie. dah seminggu nie perasaan saya tak menentu. kadang2 mlm2 bila tengok diaorg tido, saya menangis...risaukan  ...

seri , u nak hantar anak gi kindi ke next month? baru nak masuk ke?
bukan tadika sesi baru start awal tahun ke?

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2007 09:44 AM | Show all posts
1st day dekat kindy.. sampai2 je my irfan asked me to go home .. " bye mama, irfan nak masuk kelas dah" .. le rugi aku amik cuti tauu...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 29-8-2007 12:59 PM | Show all posts

Reply #7 yen_mamayen's post

saya hantar ke international school..so kelas start bulan 9 nie..

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2007 01:35 PM | Show all posts

Reply #5 nhuser's post

agree..

i pun suka ajar anak2 berdikari sebenarnya..

bagus utk derang..

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2007 02:46 PM | Show all posts

Reply #8 Delifrance's post

sebijik mcm my dotter...siap halau lagik..."ibu balik lah....later Min balik naik school bus"....last2 me & my hubby gi layan mamak kejap then dok dlm kereta tunggu dia abis scholl...

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2007 02:53 PM | Show all posts
kesian tengok one mother kat sekolah my girl ni. Anak dia std 1 tis yr. And anak dia tak kasik dia balik. Ada once tu dia balik jugak (she working) anak dia tried to keluar dari gate sekolah nak cari mak dia.

LAst I heard was last month. After cuti dia habis, temankan anak dia, in the end dia ambik unpaid leave for several months dah, temankan anak dia EVERY DAY, the ENTIRE MORNING.....

and dia kena duduk kat tempat yg anak dia boleh nampak from her class..... so she stationed herself kat one place ni which is 100 metres from her girl's class.

Off an on anak dia akan check whether the mother is there.... kesian mak dia.... dah nak masuk bulan sept nih.....

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2007 03:08 PM | Show all posts

Reply #12 macademia's post

anak dia pernah masuk tadika tak?

memang kesian tengok ibu2 yang terpaksa tunggu anak cam gitu..

anak2 tak biasa berenggang dgn parents kot ye..?

or mungkin tak biasa bergaul ke..perhaps?

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2007 03:11 PM | Show all posts
Anak aku yg tua will masuk sekolah betul lagi 3 tahun. Now masih kat tadika. Mula mula masuk sekolah mcm mcm aku fikir dalam kepala, kesian kat dia letih ke apa ke.  But i was wrong, dia tak letih letih, balik rumah energy masih penuh, kadang tak ambik nap pun. Tp mmg nampak perubahan, school byk help him a lot. Dia makin berdisplin.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2007 03:15 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nashra at 29-8-2007 03:08 PM
anak dia pernah masuk tadika tak?

memang kesian tengok ibu2 yang terpaksa tunggu anak cam gitu..

anak2 tak biasa berenggang dgn parents kot ye..?

or mungkin tak biasa bergaul ke..perhaps?

tak tau la pulak nashra.... mac tak kenal sangat sebab anak mac yg girl dah std 2.... so jarang lepak at this school. Mac lebih lepak kat sekolah my son yg std 1 tuh.....

tapi kesian la .... anak dia mmg aggressive bila tak nampak mak dia..... mak dia nak pergi toilet kejap pun susah....

mac dapat tau sebab dengar ceta from the teachers......

Use magic Report

Post time 29-8-2007 03:19 PM | Show all posts
Tu jenis duduk bawah ketiak aje kot

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

23-5-2024 10:20 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 1.170483 second(s), 46 queries .