Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: white pearl

BAE YONG JOON

[Copy link]
Post time 30-12-2005 12:47 PM | Show all posts
Calendars Featuring Actor Bae Yong-joon Become Best Sellers in Japan
2005-12-30

The popularity of hallyu stars in Japan was reaffirmed by the brisk sales of new year's
calendars featuring the actors. In Japan, sales of new year's calendars serves as an
indicator of the popularity of pop stars.

According to the Internet version of The Mainichi Shimbun on Dec. 29, hallyu stars,
such as actors Bae Yong-joon, Lee Byung-hun and Kwon Sang-woo, and actresses
Choi Ji-woo and Lee Young-ae, are still enjoying great popularity, as they grabbed
top spots in the sales ranking of 2006 calendars featuring pop stars in Japan.

In the comprehensive sales ranking of 2006 calendars at "BIGLOBE Store," a Website
shopping mall run by the Japanese portal site "BIGLOBE," Bae topped the list,
followed by Lee Byung-hun, who took the second and third spots with a wall and desk
calendar, respectively.

Kwon and Choi grabbed the fourth and fifth spots, respectively. Kwon took the
seventh spot in the sales ranking of desk calendars, followed by Lee Young-ae, who
ranked eighth. A calendar featuring the TV drama "Winter Sonata" ranked 10th.
Overall, calendars featuring hallyu stars or programs took eight of the top ten spots.

In the case of Bae's calendar which topped the list, the calendar is attracting high
popularity as it features captured video images from the film "April Snow," a huge hit
in Japan. Bae's calendar has become such a best seller that it has far outdistanced
the second-ranking calendar by nearly twice the sales revenue.

Meanwhile, "non-hallyu stars" who joined the top 10 list include Japanese pop star
Masaki Ito (sixth) and charismatic tennis star Maria Sharapova (ninth).

c: KBS Global

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-1-2006 01:21 PM | Show all posts
Actor Bae Yong-joon Appears on Chinese Magazine Cover
2006-01-25

Top star Bae Yong-joon is featured on the February cover of the Chinese edition of
the fashion magazine Cosmopolitan.

An official from Bae's agency BOF said on Jan. 24, "It is the first time, since it was
founded in 1998, that the Chinese edition of Cosmopolitan has ever carried a
male model on its cover."

The magazine is carrying Bae's cover photograph for its special Valentine's Day
issue. It spotlights Bae in a six-page special story entitled "Man We Love" based
on an interview with him.

Bae visited Beijing in November of last year to promote the film "April Snow."
During the visit, he gave the interview and posed for the magazine's photographs.

According to BOF, the magazine published a story on Bae's image as an actor,
while saying he has contributed to increasing South Korea's GDP 0.18 percent and
that exports of Bae-related products and films have accounted for 3 billion of the
country's total export volume of 21.7 billion dollars last year.

c: KBS Global News

Use magic Report

Post time 14-2-2006 01:44 AM | Show all posts
korang semua.... 14 Feb 2006 ni BAE YONG JOON'S MALAYSIA FAMILY lancarkan forum dorang sendiri BMF *ABSOLUTELY BYJ FORUM*.. sila2lah datang melawat dan memeriahkan suasana....

Use magic Report

Post time 20-2-2006 08:01 PM | Show all posts
Bae Yong-joon Set to Begin Shooting 'The Four Gods'
2006-02-20

Bae Yong-joon, the most prominent Korean actor leading the Korean Wave, is set
to shoot the period drama 'The Four Gods' which deals with the life of Gwanggaeto
the Great of the Koguryeo period.

"I feel both enthusiastic and afraid because it is a fascinating role any actor would
want to play," Bae said in a final meeting with the production team before the
shooting starts. "I am also looking forward to working with many other great
actors and actresses like Jung Jin-young, Choi Min-soo and Moon So-ri."

The meeting was also attended by producer Kim Jong-hak, writer Song Ji-na and
music director Joe Hisaishi, the world-renowned Japanese film score composer.
Kim expressed his devotion to the drama saying, "I think this drama will become
the last one I have ever produced. So, I will put everything I have into making
it."

Hisaishi said, "Seeing the passion Bae Yong-joon has for this drama has made
myself become passionate about the work."

The 'The Four Gods' team discussed various marketing strategies for the drama so
that it can sweep the Asia region more dramatically than 'Winter Sonata' which
made Bae a heartthrob across Asia. Investment and distribution agency SSD said
that it is negotiating with a global distributor to distribute the drama not only
across Asia but also in the American continents and Europe. It has already singed
a contract with Japan's Avex to release the DVD and OST of the drama, and plans
to develop various value-added products like games, animations, and books.

The product placement marketing will be used for traditional Korean accessories
featured in the drama, and a package tour traveling the drama's shooting sites
has already been developed by Zam Tour, which developed a similar package
tour for the movie "April Snow' also starring Bae.

After two years of through preparations, the shooting will finally begin on Jeju
Island next month.

Use magic Report

Post time 31-3-2006 10:37 PM | Show all posts
Yonsama to Appear in Japanese Textbook
2006-03-31

Actor Bae Yong-jun, known as Yonsama and the most popular Korean entertainer in
Japan, will make an appearance in new Japanese high school textbooks, according to
results of a textbook examination by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture,
Sports, Science and Technology on Wednesday.

Besides Bae, famous Japanese sports players such as Hideki Matsui and Ichiro Suzuki
will be featured in the new textbooks designed to help learners increase their interest
level and understanding while learning. They will be used by high school freshmen from
next spring.

Bae is used to explain the increasing exchange between Korea and Japan in a geology
textbook and described as an icon of the Korean Wave, or Korean pop-culture craze, in
Japan. The textbook features pictures of Bae being greeted by thousands of Japanese
fans at Narita International Airport.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-5-2006 04:45 PM | Show all posts
May 17, 2006

Fire Breaks Out at Actor Bae Yong-joon's House

The Seoul home of Hallyu star Bae Yong-joon reportedly caught fire. According to Bae's agency, BOF, on May 16, a fire broke out at his apartment in Samseong-dong, Seoul on May 7 around 8:00 p.m., apparently due to a short circuit.

The fire was extinguished in about 30 minutes by firefighters dispatched from the Gangnam District Fire Station. The fire caused property damage in the value of about 10 million won. But as the house was empty at the time, nobody was hurt.

BOF said on Bae's homepage, "A fire broke out at Bae Yong-joon's house due to a short circuit. But fortunately, nobody was hurt as the house was empty at the time. Please rest assured."

Meanwhile, this news has also been covered by major Japanese news media outlets, demonstrating Bae's popularity in Japan. The Japanese newspaper Sankei Sports carried a detailed story on the fire under the title "Fire Breaks Out at Yonsama's House." Yonsama is an honorific nickname of Bae Yong-joon used by the Japanese.

The newspaper reported when the fire broke out and how much damage the fire caused to the house.

Source: http://english.kbs.co.kr/mconten ... /1397142_11692.html

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 17-5-2006 05:13 PM | Show all posts
harini ader article ttng patung wax BYJ korea pertama ader di madam tussuand(?)  kat hong kong
ternamapak 8tv news kat tv semalam petang kalau tak silap

Use magic Report

Post time 24-5-2006 08:46 PM | Show all posts
May.24,2006

Bae Yong-joon Laments the Price of Fame

One of the Korean Wave's best-known faces, actor Bae Yong-joon, has confided that he received psychological treatment for insomnia. In an interview in the June edition of men's magazine GQ Korea, the actor disclosed he had difficult times lately and sought psychiatric help for his sleepless nights.

"I've been really tired, so I'd try to get some sleep, but after an hour or two I'd always wake up. When I woke up, I thought it must be about 6 a.m., but when I looked at the clock I realized that it was only 1 or 2 a.m.," Bae said. "It was truly dark and desolate. It was so difficult that I went to see a doctor, who said I was too tense, and that frayed my nerves and actually made it worse. I got a prescription for some pills, and after about 10 days I beat the problem."

The man known as Yonsama to his many Japanese fans also talks of his discomfort over a rumor that he got a Japanese woman pregnant. "There was a rumor that a woman living out in the country claimed she was carrying my child," the actor said. "A lot of Japanese fans would like to see me quickly settle down and have a family."

The interviewer says it looks as if Bae is unable to enjoy any semblance of a normal life. "There can be nothing like that for me," the star replies. "The house, the office, the gym: my sphere of activity is pretty limited. There's a coffee shop at a hotel that our company manages, but even there I have to go in through the back door." He admits to despairing sometimes when he thinks that this is how he has to live the rest of his life.

"There are some who can live their lives freely even in such an environment, but my personality just can't deal with it," he adds. "I can't escape the lines that I've drawn for myself, or the lines that others have drawn for me. I am always finding myself back inside. Honestly, that is something that really bothers me."

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0605240013.html

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-7-2006 03:04 PM | Show all posts
Fans Flock to See Bae Yong-jun during His Secret Visit to Japan
2006-07-21

Actor Bae Yong-jun is considering returning to Korea earlier than scheduled from Japan,
which he has been secretly visiting since July 20, due to his fans

Use magic Report

Post time 27-8-2006 09:28 PM | Show all posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BAE YONG JOON ON 29 AUGUST:love::love:

Lama dah thread ni tak diupdatekan...
Berita terbaru ...YJ sibuk shooting new drama yang akan ditayangkan pada 2007

Gaeulyeoja posted this on the Talk Box of BYJ's official home.
'TWSSG' appearing BYJ will shoot at a set in Jeju Island on 5 in next month

[Nocut News]8/26/06 17:53

The history drama 'TWSSG' where Korean Current star BYJ will appear, will start shooting at the Myosanbong set.

The Jeju Special Self-administrating Province announce that the 'TWSSG' will start full-scale shootiing at the Kimnyeong-ri set in Koogoa-eup in Jeju city on September 5.

The Kimnyeong-ri set is the first set for the drama 'TWSSG' and it is 9,000-pyeong in size, and will provide palace and taehak???, as well as residental area for the nobility.

At present, the set construction has completed by 75%. The construction cost for the set is 15 billion won.

In the Seongbool set, the second set, Gyeokgoo(ancient ball game) arena, common people's villages of Woongjok (Bear Tribe) and Hojok(Tiger Tribe), and indoor studios will be built on 9,000-pyeong land in the area of Songdang-ri, Koogoa-eup, and the construction cost is 6 billion won.

In the shooting on 5 in next month, 120 staff would participate, and the detailed content of the shooting is not known.

The "TWSSG', dealing biography of the Great King Kwang-gae-to, (is produced) joining hands between Director Kim Jonghak and script writer Song Jina, combi from drama 'Sandglass', and topstars of Choio Minsoo, Chung Jinyoung, Park Sangwon, Moon Sori as well as Korean Current star BYJ, would appear in large number.

The "TWSSG' has been shooting some scenes such as childhood period of the Great King Kwang-gae-to in Seoul and Seoguipo(a southern port in Jeju Island) all the while, and this is the first shooting in the Myosanbong set.

The visits on the shooting sites by the Japanese fans of 'Yon-sama' will be like flooding of dam water

In case the shooting work of the 'TWSSG' begins at the Myosanbong set from September, the queue of the Japanese tourists to see 'Korean Current stars' including Mr. Bae Yongjoon in the shooting site is expected to became like dam water.

Already 70,448 Japanese tourists visited Jeju Island until July since the shooting of success wishing ceremony for the 'TWSSG' in the past March to personally see sets for the drama where 'Yon-sama' will appear.

It is 30% increased compared to the previous year, and woman tourists was increased by 55% at 31,241.

An official at the Jeju Province explained, "The interests from the Japanese people are tremendous to the extent that they enrolled 2000 clients on the first day as a result the 'TWSSG' tour product issued for the first time by a Japanese tour company on the past 17."

However, tour companies cannot use the name of the 'TWSSG' in their tour products without permission.

That is because the producing company of the 'TWSSG' had sold tradmark right for the tourism products using the name of the drama to JAM Tours, a domestic tour company.

The JAM Tours had applied its register trademark right to Patent Bureaus in Japan and Korea, so that tour companies planning for the tourism products related to the 'TWSSG' have to pay JAM Tours trademark fee per each tourist through direct contract with the JAM Tours.

Because of that some of tourism businesses inside Jeju Island insist that although they recognize the right on tourism trademark, it is appropriate to share the drama cultural contents.

On the other hand, the Jeju Province plans to open the site at the Myosanbong set for 5 days from 28 to 5 in the next month.

Reported by Kim Daehwui,jejupop@cbs.co.kr, Jeju CBS
Copyright by Nocut News

Use magic Report

Post time 6-9-2006 08:19 PM | Show all posts
Yay...aktor kesayangan tsukushi dah mula start shooting di Jeju...
suasana di airport Jeju masa dia sampai semalam

BYJ dah kurus sikit...tapi still his humble beautiful self

Use magic Report

Post time 11-9-2006 08:05 PM | Show all posts
Credit : Joanne BYJ's Quilt

BYJ, first transformation to 'youngman 'Damdeok'
[Sports Donga]9/11/06 15:46

The 'TWSSG', much talked about drama in the latter half of this year, unveiled appearances of character transformation by its 2 main actors of BYJ & Moon Sori for the first time.

BYJ, let about half of his long hair down and tied, revealed appearance of a maturing prince rather than dignity of  a king as he made up as young man 'Damdeok' before he became the Great King Kwang-gae-to.as he let about half of his long hair down and tied them.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-9-2006 10:40 AM | Show all posts
Credit : Joanne Quilt

Momjjang' BYJ, had CF costume custom-made as he did not fit in any.

[Good Day]9/15/06 11:06

('Momjjang' indicate person with the best figure of body)

('Momjjang' indicate person with the best figure of body)

At times even BYJ, the originator of 'Momjjang Project', seems to have occasion of having difficult time due to muscular figure.

Internet edition of the Sports Hochi in Japan reported on 15 that a new CF of Japanese security company 'Secom', appearing BYJ as a model, will be made public on 16, and BYJ's custom appearing in it was specially made for him.

The Sports Hochi explained that "In the new CF of the 'Secom' company, BYJ appears wearing the company's emergency engineer's uniform, and there was no uniform that fits his muscular body, so that they had to make a separate uniform specially for BYJ in the end."

Although BYJ had never been lazy in doing exercise all the time even during ordiinary times when he did not have activity schedules, before the drama 'TWSSG', which began shooting at present, he has been building body with exercise and dietary measures from early on to show appearance of main character Damdeok, who will later become the Great King Kwang-gae-to, with overflowing charisma.

However, for his muscular body prepared thoroughly for the drama, the uniform of the Scom Company produced on the basis of body shape of general Japanese people seemed to be too small.

At present, BYJ is devoting entirely to the shooting of the drama in an open set of the 'TWSSG' after he went down to Jeju Island early in this month.

Reported gy Kim Jaebeom,
Copyrights ⓒ Good Day

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 06:57 PM | Show all posts
Shooting site for YJ's new drama in Kyrgystan
posted by 권오경  in Quilt

Use magic Report

Post time 20-9-2006 07:13 PM | Show all posts
Beautiful artwork from Shie bbs

:lol

Use magic Report

Post time 31-10-2006 11:20 AM | Show all posts
Akhirnya pic baru Great King [ Legend] di Jeju

hensemnya YJ nih...lambat lagi nak menunggu tahun depan untuk drama ni

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-11-2006 01:27 PM | Show all posts
Bae Yong-jun Releases Classical Album in Japan
2006-11-08

Actor Bae Yong-jun has released an album of classical music productions that he personally selected.

The Nikkei Sports reported November 8 that Ba抯 first classical album, entitled 揃YJ Classics Hero

Use magic Report

riesha This user has been deleted
Post time 10-11-2006 09:29 PM | Show all posts
Even though dah kinda  terrlambat in knowing BYJ (Since baru habis tgk WS kat 8tv)...I'm head over heels crazee 4 this guy now.....:love:

How do i feel?   Mula2x nampak dia in 1st episode... I was :....then start thinking...:hmm:....how did i miss him b4...how come tak tau pun kewujudan dia...then.....i feel like giving him a :hug:...tapi......:malu:.....isshhh...boley jadi :gila: ni....and finally...i realized that i've :love: really hard for this beautiful korean man........

help......anyone..plsss....

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2006 01:59 PM | Show all posts
eh mane gmrb nye.....tak nmpk pun....

Use magic Report

Post time 22-11-2006 02:00 PM | Show all posts
hehheeheh.....kenape kat post 1 tak de gmbr.......

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

15-6-2024 09:45 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.075983 second(s), 42 queries .